Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Arrangement ❯ Chapter Eighteen ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Arrangement

Chapter Eighteen


Stretching like a cat, Selina slowly opened her eyes, the early morning sunlight shining in through the opened balcony doors. A smile graced her lips as she saw Kaiba's form standing on the balcony and looking out at the ocean's waters.

She couldn't believe how quickly their time in Hawaii had gone by; and now, they would be leaving that very day. Whatever Kaiba's exact plans had been, they worked, because she was able to release the anguish she held inside. She no longer though about how she was technically an orphan. All that had filled her mind for the past five days were the three words Kaiba had told her.

A sigh escaped her lips as she rose from the bed and pulled her robe tighter around her frame. If only she had been able to tell him the same thing, then everything would be completely perfect. But she couldn't lie to him; she couldn't deceive him. How badly she wanted to say, "I love you too." She sighed again, shaking her head. It was useless to imagine the if-only. What was done was done, and she couldn't change what she felt.

She knew she cared deeply for him, but she knew she didn't love him; or, at least, feel like she loved him. When he had told her that small phrase, something inside of her burst. Tears had filled her eyes as she had thrown herself into his arms. It was all so clear to her. The agony of knowing he loved her when she didn't love him was everything Tea had told her it would be. It hurt her deeply, and she was certain it had hurt him more.

Somehow, she knew he didn't expect her to feel the same. He had said something to her, something about just letting it happen and not forcing it. It actually sounded like something Yugi would say, and she couldn't help but wonder if Kaiba had possibly sought out help to make his feelings known.

She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. She couldn't keep concentrating on this. She had to let love happen naturally. But, she didn't understand why she wasn't in love with Kaiba. He had been good to her; had taken care of her. He protected her, cherished her, and now he loved her. Deep down inside, she knew the real reason why she didn't love him. He had been able to take a risk and love her, but she was afraid. She didn't want to open her heart up completely, and for that, she was ashamed. Come on girl, look at him. He's so handsome, and he's been so sweet to you. Where's Cupid when you need him?

"You're awake," Kaiba stated, turning away from the ocean and glancing at Selina, who was slowly making her way towards him.

"Yeah."

"I had our things sent down to the car a few hours ago. I wanted to let you sleep; you looked so peaceful."

"Thank you."

Kaiba smirked, pulling her close to him the minute she was in arm's reach. His arms wrapped tightly around her as he breathed in her scent.

This was all so new to him; being in love. Never before in his life had he felt the way she made him feel. Never had he known what a pleasure love could be. In a way, he was glad he had never experienced love before. He could have missed out on all the moments with her had he fallen in love before the topic of marriage arose.

"What time is it anyways?" Selina asked, snuggling in Kaiba's strong arms.

"We're leaving in thirty minutes."

Selina broke from his arms, looking up into his navy eyes. "Thirty minutes? You let me sleep this late? I have to get dressed and-"

"Relax." Kaiba smiled gently, kissing the tip of her nose. "Take your time Selina, it isn't like the plane will leave without you."

Selina smiled, kissing Kaiba's cheek before running off to shower and dress. Kaiba's eyes watched her, amusement dancing in his navy orbs. Something had changed in him; and it wasn't an ordinary change. Something was drastically different, and it had all happened when he had said, "I love you."

~*~*~*~

Selina swallowed, tears beginning to pour down her eyes. "You…what?"

Kaiba smiled, a true, genuine, heartfelt smile as a laugh escaped his lips."I said 'I love you.'"

"Why?" Selina asked, throwing herself into his arms and grasping him tightly. "Why do you love me?"

"It's not explainable Selina; I just do. You bring out who I really am, and the only other person to do that is Mokuba. I know you don't feel this way about me…not yet anyway."

"Seto…" Selina cried, her sobs quieting as he held her in his arms and gently stroked her back. "I…"

"Don't worry about it Selina," Kaiba whispered, breaking from their embrace and forcing her eyes to meet his. "You can't force yourself to love me, nor do I want you to. It's something that has to happen naturally."

"I want to love you, I really do."

"Just keep being you, that's all I ask." Kaiba smiled tenderly, gently brushing the tears from her eyes. "I love you," he whispered softly, kissing her forehead.

Selina's eyes brightened slowly as he said this, a small smile breaking out on her face. "I'm going to love you Seto Kaiba; just you wait."

"I wouldn't think of doing anything else."

Selina grinned, throwing herself into her husband's arms once more and embracing him tightly. 'I will love you, somehow, someway, I'm going to learn to love you!'

~*~*~*~

The plane ride back to their hometown of Domino was surprisingly calm. Since their plane had taken off, Tea and Serenity had been glancing at Kaiba and Selina every so often, grins on their faces. Selina had told them what happened, what he told her. And it took a lot from Tea not to give the "I told you so" look.

Currently, Duke and Yugi were engaged in a quiet game of Duel Monsters, using the portable holographic system Selina had created; and Yugi was of course, winning. Tea and Serenity were talking about a certain couple on the plane - mainly talking about the looks they were giving each other. And Kaiba and Selina; Kaiba was quietly reading a few business reports while Selina was curled up beside him, his arms wrapped around her.

Their week and a half in Hawaii had been good for all of them. Serenity was falling more and more in love with Duke; and if things kept working that way, there would be yet another wedding around the corner. Tea and Yugi were as much in love as ever, and of course, they had needed this vacation. In only a few short months, they'd be waking up in the middle of the night due to the loud wailings of an infant. Selina's mind had been refreshed, and her goals had been set; the most important one being that she fall in love with Kaiba. And Kaiba, well, he was able to express his love to Selina; and now, although he was still very much business oriented, there was something vastly different about him.

The employees of Kaiba Corporation were in for a very large surprise when Kaiba returned to work the next morning. A large surprise indeed.

~*~*~*~

"Are you sure you don't want to go get dinner?" Duke asked once more as Serenity unlocked the door to her and Joey's small, three bedroom, one story home.

"I'm sure. I'm just tired; it seemed to take longer coming back than it did going," she commented, opening the door to a dark home. "Joey? Are you here?"

"He must be out with Mai."

"I guess," Serenity shrugged, walking into the house and heading for the kitchen. "Would you like a drink?"

"Sure." Duke grinned, seating himself on one of the three stools that hid under the bar-like counter; his eyes were intent upon watching Serenity's every move.

"He left me a note," she smiled, peeling the piece of paper from the kitchen and reading it silently to herself. A loud gasp escaped her lips as her eyes grew wide and her face paled slightly.

"Serenity?" Duke rushed to her side, concern evident in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"My…brother…" she whispered, the paper slipping from her hands as Duke reached for it.

Seren,

Hey Sis! I know you're going to be upset with me, but this is what happened. See, Mai and I have been dating for a few years now. And well, while you and everyone else was off in the American islands of Hawaii, we decided that we didn't want to wait anymore. So, we called Trist' and his girlfriend - Melanie - and asked them to be our witnesses. Anyways, we'll be home about a week after you return. Oh, and don't get any ideas about running off with Duke. I will be giving you away; as long as I think he deserves you. Love you Sis.

Joey

"He…they…" Serenity's voice failed her as she looked up into Duke's emerald eyes. "They eloped…"

~*~*~*~

The week had gone by quickly, and things had returned to a slow pace of normalcy. Joey and Mai had returned a few days early because of his worry over Serenity; and it was an interesting site when he stepped in the door. Serenity was not happy in the least, but when she noticed Mai, she squealed and hugged her, releasing Joey from her narrowed eyes and painful silence.

A small celebration had been held the next day at the Kaiba mansion, and even Kaiba himself was present. The gift he had given to the two newlyweds was highly unexpected, and shocked Joey to the point where not only could he not speak, or move, but that he fainted. In his hands was a check for over a sum of a million dollars, signed by Seto Kaiba himself. Of course, Joey was the only one unaware of the changes occurring deep within Seto Kaiba - Mai had seen them coming the moment he had married Selina.

When he had finally awoken from his unconscious state, he glanced at the check again, pinching himself and growing wide eyed at the fact that it was a reality. Kaiba gave him no explanation, only a calm smirk was evident upon his face. And the words he uttered next, if not for Mai's arms around him, would have caused Joey to fall to the ground. Seto Kaiba had called him "Joey;" not Chihuahua, mutt, whimpering dog, or other less dignifying words, nor had he called him by his last name - no, Seto Kaiba, CEO and President of Kaiba Corporations, multi-billionaire man, had called him by his first name, after knowing him for nearly eight years.

Those events were in the past however, and now, the three members of the Kaiba family, upon the convincing of Mokuba, had taken a trip to the arcade and pizzeria. And, while Mokuba was busily entertaining himself on various games across the building, Kaiba and Selina were seated at a small booth, his eyes completely focused on hers, a soft smile upon his face.

"What?" Selina smiled, breaking contact and sipping her frozen coffee.

Kaiba smirked, pulling a small notebook from his briefcase. "I've been taking some things into consideration, and have a proposition for you."

Selina raised her eyebrows in question, trying to make sense of the words scribbled on the notebook, but finding herself unsuccessful. "What kind of proposition? I had no idea this was a business outing."

"Almost everything is business," Kaiba shrugged, pulling out a pen and adding to his notes. Only a few months ago, he would have emphasized that everything was business, but a few months ago, he hadn't realized love was not a business. There were two things in the world: business and impulses. While ninety-five percent of the world was business, five percent was impulse - and love was something categorized as business. You couldn't conduct business and receive love from contracts - instead, it was something impulsive, acquired over time because of a quick choice to listen to the voices inside your heart instead of considering the options and listening to the voices in your head. Kaiba had chuckled at this notion, believing himself to be somewhat crazy considering both options involved hearing voices; then again, he was a genius, and all geniuses had their own strange philosophies and quirks.

"Seto?" Selina asked, skeptically glancing at the blank expression that was across Kaiba's face, and snapping him from his thoughts.

"Selina, remind me about one of the things that would fill your time with joy."

"What?"

"You told me you like kids," Kaiba clarified, causing a few sparkles to grow in her eyes.

"I love kids. Why, are you having a baby?" she teased, bringing a few chuckles from Kaiba's lips.

"No, are you?" he returned, genuinely intrigued, as he arched an eyebrow and looked on in curiosity.

Selina blushed, looking away, before containing her emotions and returning to Kaiba's glance. "Not that I know of."

A strange expression made its way across Kaiba's face; but as quickly as it appeared, it was as quickly replaced. "Now, did you know that over fifty-five percent of my employees are female? And, out of that fifty-five percent, sixty percent are married?"

Selina shook her head, her attention completely captivated with interest as she wondered just where he could be heading with these facts.

"Out of that sixty percent, fifty percent have children; and from that fifty percent, another fifty-six percent of those children are under the age of ten."

Selina blinked, trying to process the math equations in her head. Fifty-five percent of fifty percent, of sixty percent, of fifty-five percent is uh… Her expression remained blank, her mind swirling with the equation.

"And we can't forget the thirty percent of the male employees who have children, where twenty percent of that thirty, the children are under ten."

So that's twenty percent of thirty percent, of about forty-five percent? Ugh, I hate math…

"Here in Japan alone, I have well over 5,000 employees. If we consider that each employee who has a child under ten, has two children under ten, and take off about fifty employees - considering some are married to other employees - that's somewhere around 1,100 children under the age of ten ," Kaiba smirked, watching Selina's clouded eyes snap up to his.

"I knew that," she mumbled. "What's this about?"

A grin spread across Kaiba's face as he leaned across the table. "Did you know that Kaiba Corporations offers no childcare services whatsoever?"

Selina stared at him in confusion and disbelief. "So what do they do with their kids during the summer when they aren't in classes - and when they are too young to go to school?"

"They drop them off at a daycare with mean old women," Kaiba smirked, leaning back in his seat.

"What's the point of this Seto?"

"You love children, you don't enjoy being alone - especially at home. I'm giving you a project; one I hope you'll consider," he stated, adding to his notebook.

"And what's that? Start a daycare for Kaiba Corporations?" Selina laughed lightly, shaking her head.

"Exactly."

"You're serious?"

"Very."

"You realize what you're saying?"

"Yes."

"And you understand that I'll have to hire about sixty people?"

"Yes."

Selina stared in disbelief, grabbing the notebook from him and glancing through her. "You've been considering this for a while?"

"For a few weeks - since you told me you once wanted to spend time with children. While I'd rather have you working by my side, I think you'd enjoy this much more."

"I want to be in complete control. No one is hired without having an interview with me, and no one is fired unless it comes from me."

"That's understandable. It will be a completely separate section from Kaiba Corporations. Employees will receive free daycare; but we won't limit it to just my employees." Kaiba's gaze was firmly set upon Selina's face as her eyes flashed with this information.

"If that's the case, I'd need more employees. I'd need people who are good with children; tutors, cooks…" she trailed off, taking a deep breath and closing the notebook. "Is this just for children under ten?"

"Well, I suppose we could add a place for teens to hang out with friends; completely separate from the daycare," Kaiba shrugged.

"Where? Seto, that's too many people for some small room in the offices."

"That's why I own the building next door. It's over twenty stories; and I think it's position is ideal for employees to drop off and pick up their children."

Selina closed her eyes, a smile forming on her face. "When can we get started?"

"As soon as you'd like."

"Now."

Kaiba shrugged once more, pulling out his laptop and motioning for Selina to join him on his side of the table. For the next three hours, plans concerning the new employees of the daycare were created. Plans involving the exact number of employees they would need - as well as the different specialties some would require - and the different salaries, benefits, and hours. During these three hours, Mokuba would glance at them from whichever game he was on, a bright smile on his young, teenage face. Something was happening in his brother, and he most definitely liked it.

~*~*~*~

"You're starting a daycare?" Tea questioned, slowly seating herself in a chair at the food court in the mall.

"Isn't is exciting!" Selina exclaimed, a large grin across her face.

"I think it's absolutely amazing Selina," Tea smiled, taking a large gulp from her water. "Have you hired anyone yet?"

"Well, Seto and I are still working on the plans for it. He seems to be really enthusiastic about it and I can't figure out why. We've been working on the interior for the past few days on some program he created, specifically for this project. It's going to be in that building right beside the offices. It's approximately twenty-three stories high. And since he's got every room mapped out on this program, it's pretty easy to see where everything is. It's going to take a week or so, but I think that's when I'll start hiring," Selina smiled, trying to calm the excitement showing across her face. "I can't remember being this excited about something in a while."

"It looks like Seto Kaiba knows exactly how to make you happy," Tea observed, smiling lightly.

"He's been so…different since we came home. It's…I don't know; he's really amazing."

Tea nodded, grinning at the sigh escaping her friend's lips. "And you're falling in love with him."

Selina smiled, a light blush crossing her face. "I don't know…but whatever I'm feeling, I don't want it to end. But, Tea, back to the daycare. I have something I want to ask you."

Tea nodded, her brows creasing in question.

"I know you're pregnant, and the baby is due in early October, but I want you to be my partner."

"What?"

"Obviously, you're not going to be working at all once the baby is born, but I'd like you to-"

"Are you kidding! Of course!" Tea exclaimed, a wide grin forming across her face.

"So…you're accepting?"

"Selina, my entire life, I've wanted to be a dancer. It was one of the most important things to me; but then I fell in love with Yugi. And now, we're having a baby," Tea paused, shrugging. "I obviously won't ever become a professional dancer, but I wouldn't trade the life I've chosen for any other."

"You do realize what you just said has nothing to do with my question, right?" Selina laughed softly.

"I know. But, what I'm trying to say is…" Tea trailed off, her face stopping in confusion. "I can't remember. Anyways, yes, I accept!"

Selina giggled, her once stormy, now crystal clear, green orbs with specks of blue, gazing across at her friend. "What you're saying is that this is the next best thing to becoming a dancer."

"Yes. Besides, maybe we can add some dance classes for the kids who want to?" Tea suggested.

"You know what…I hadn't thought about that. I like it! We can offer free dance lessons, art lessons…my head is filling with too many ideas!"

"You're too much sometimes, you know that? When you get an idea in your head, it just keeps adding to it."

Selina smiled, nodding her head in agreement as she pulled a pen and notepad from her purse. "I've been getting ideas like this since Seto mentioned it, so I began keeping a notepad with me to write them in," she explained, glancing behind her at Roland who was seated a few tables from them. She motioned for him to join her, which he promptly did.

"Yes?" he asked casually, glancing at words she was writing furiously into her notepad.

"Do you know when Seto will be home tonight?" she asked without glancing up.

"I believe Master Kaiba won't return until very late this evening; he has an appointment with Mister Devlin at eight, and he believes it will take no less than three hours."

Selina nodded slightly, not allowing her expression to change. "Thanks."

Roland nodded once before returning to his seat a few tables away. Although Selina had not shown it, he had sensed a feeling of disappointment when he had told her Kaiba would not return until later. He shrugged it off, his keen eye watching her every move.

"Alright, I've got everything for now. We're going to be employing a lot of people," Selina stated, pausing once more, and once again, motioning for Roland.

"Yes?" he asked curiously.

"I just realized something. I need to know, who is in charge of security?"

"That would be Master Kaiba."

Selina laughed lightly, shaking her head. "I mean, the person in charge of security, not the person who approves everyone who works in security."

"That would be Ichigo, followed by myself."

"Roland, do you think you and Ichigo could find about fifteen men who could work for the security branch of the daycare?"

"It is already taken care of."

"Oh, okay," Selina shrugged. "How?"

"Master Kaiba," he stated simply.

"Looks like he has been planning this for a while," Tea stated.

"I guess he's already ahead of me."

"Miss Selina, I'm assuming Master Kaiba hasn't mentioned this to you yet?"

"No," Selina shrugged, putting her notepad back in her purse.

"Master Kaiba wants you to interview each person he has selected, and to make not of any you don't deem fit for the position."

Selina shook her head, glancing up at Roland for the first time. "So I guess I am in charge of the final decisions. Alright then, Roland, I want you to be the head of security at the daycare."

Roland was silent, contemplating this offer. Obviously, Selina would be spending her days in the daycare as soon as it was started, and that's where he would have to be as well. "I would be honored," he agreed, bowing his head slightly and returning once more to his seat, a smile upon his face.

"Well, you're just giving jobs out right and left," Tea laughed, faltering at Selina's serious face.

"And I'm going to offer Serenity and Mai a position too; but I'll wait a few months to offer one to Mai," Selina said, a grin appearing on her face. "I'm not completely sure what position to give Mai; I guess I just don't know her as well as you and Serenity, but I'll find something."

"Beauty tips," Tea joked, rolling her eyes.

Selina laughed, considering this suggestion.

"I was joking. If the majority of people there are going to be under the age of ten, they don't need beauty tips."

"I know. Tea, are five year olds interested in Duel Monsters?" Selina questioned suddenly.

"I…probably," Tea shrugged. "Why?"

"Well, Mai was good at Duel Monsters, right? So, maybe we can have some tournaments and Mai can be in charge of that."

Tea laughed, nodding her head. "I think she'd like that. But, for five year olds?"

"No. There's going to be a place for teens to hang out. It's going to have a separate door from the rest of the building, and it will go up to a specific floor only. I'm thinking we could expand it another floor or two, and add a few dueling arenas for the teens. Not the really large ones, or the ones Seto's been working on, or the small, portable ones. Something in-between that is only about six feet high."

"Sounds good," Tea agreed. "Now, can we shop a little more?"

Selina grinned, rising from her seat. "Of course. Where are we going exactly?"

"I want to get Yugi a few new shirts, and a new tie for the release of the portable holographic systems. And, I want to buy a blue baby blanket."

"Blue? You mean-"

"I don't know, I just have a feeling. And it it's not a boy, I still like blue."

Selina laughed, following Tea to their destination - a store for every baby's needs. As they were looking at each blanket, Selina's fingers delicately stroked a light blue one, made from thick, soft fleece. "I want a boy," she whispered quietly, handing the blanket to Tea.

Tea blinked, accepting the blanket and looking over her friend in question. "You should tell that to Kaiba," she teased, deciding on the blanket Selina had handed her.

A strange expression crossed Selina's face, deciding to remain there. It was one of joy, secrecy, and uneasiness.

"What's wrong?"

"Can you swear to keep a secret Tea Motou?" Selina asked, her eyes glinting mischievously.

"What kind of secret are we talking about here?" she asked as they left the store.

Selina grinned, her eyes sparkling. She leaned over in Tea's ear, whispered something, and caused a loud gasp to escape her lips.

~*~*~*~

"You really think?" Tea asked an hour and a half later as she sat on the bed in the room Selina had first inhabited when she married Kaiba.

"Yeah…I don't know. I don't want to get my hopes up, but…I mean, it could just be stress," Selina's voice called from the bathroom. "Alright…what do I do now?"

Tea laughed, glancing towards to closed door. "It's not like it's going to tell you right away; you have to wait at least five minutes for this one."

Selina groaned, exiting the bathroom, but remaining near the door. "I guess since I've waited over a week, I can wait five minutes."

Silence covered the two as they remained motionless. Selina's heart was pounding as her foot began to tap with impatience, her eyes intently watching the clock. Tea was smiling at her friend, her hands resting around her abdomen which was somewhere around three months pregnant.

"Selina," she said, snapping her friend out of the silence. "Go check it."

Selina swallowed, rushing into the bathroom and picking up a small stick. She closed her eyes, refusing to look at it, and cautiously walked into the bedroom, holding it out to Tea. "What's it say?"

Tea forced a small smile as she stared at the stick, which bared only one line. "Uh, I don't know, look at the box," she suggested, causing Selina's eyes to open.

"Okay, it says a plus sign is…oh my gosh," she said, the last part whispered as the stick fell from her hand. "Tea…"

Tea slowly rose from the bed, glancing down at the small stick, a plus sign very visible to her widened eyes. "Do you know what this means?" she asked, her voice covered with giddiness.

Selina shrieked, throwing her arms around Tea in joy. "I…I…oh my gosh!" she yelled.

"Alright," Tea said, forcing her voice to be calm as she pulled away from the hug. "Here's what you need to do."

~*~*~*~

Selina slowly entered Kaiba's office, her hands nervously clutching the small briefcase he had gotten her a few days earlier. She hardly noticed when he took the briefcase from her, or that she was now sitting upon the leather couch in his office.

"Selina?" Kaiba asked, sitting beside her and turning on his laptop.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Kaiba shrugged, opening up the plans for the nursery section of the daycare building. "These three rooms over here will be for boys, and these other three will be for girls. I thought it'd be easier to decorate," he shrugged, slipping one arm around Selina's shoulders. "Now, I read the note you wrote for me last night about the dueling arenas; and I liked it. So, I'll get started on creating that soon. It'll be a good business venture for Kaiba Corporations as well."

Selina smiled, snuggling closer to Kaiba, her hand casually lying across her abdomen.

"The production of the portable systems was unavoidably delayed, but they'll be released at Yugi's shop tomorrow; and he already has over four hundred pre-orders."

"That's good."

"You hired Tea as your partner?"

"Yeah."

Kaiba nodded slightly, glancing down at her. Her eyes were halfway closed as she stared at the screen, moving the image to one of the rooms on the nursery floor. "And this is the room where we'll store the blankets, stuffed animals, bottles, and everything else, right?"

"Whatever you want. I think that's an ideal place though."

"And we'll have a lot of pacifiers, which will be washed in very hot water every night."

Kaiba chuckled, moving the image up a few floors. Selina's mind, however, remained on the floor of the nursery, her voice soft as she spoke; her mind not contemplating the words. "I want a baby."

Kaiba paused mid-sentence, glancing down at his wife, a very faint blush appearing on his face. Slowly, he moved the laptop to the table and turned to face his wife. "What did you say?"

Selina smiled softly, opening her eyes completely and staring back at Kaiba, a blush evident upon her face as well, though it was more noticeable. "I said that I…want a baby."

Kaiba smirked, cupping her chin and kissing her lips softly. "Well, we could try; although, I don't know if an office is the ideal place to make one," he said suggestively.

Selina's blush grew as she averted her eyes. "I can't believe you just said that."

Kaiba chuckled, his eyes glancing towards the door of his office.

"Seto!" Selina exclaimed, pulling his eyes off the door. "Do you mind if we finish this at home?"

Kaiba's smirk grew as he answered her silently by turning off the laptop and placing it in his briefcase.

"Seto Kaiba, you know I did not mean that."

"Then what did you mean?" he asked innocently, if that was at all possible for the young CEO.

"I meant the plans on the daycare. Besides, I feel kind of…sick."

Kaiba paused, placing the briefcases on the floor and gently grasping Selina's upper arms. "You were sick yesterday morning too," he said softly, the somewhat foreign emotion of worry etched in his eyes.

"I think I'm just tired," she answered, leaning into his arms.

"I'd believe you, except that I heard you yesterday morning, and this morning. Maybe you should see a doctor."

Selina shook her head, slipping her arms around his waist and snuggling in his arms, her eyes closed, her mind half sleeping. "I'm fine."

"Selina, you haven't been fine the past few days. And ever since you went shopping with Tea, you've been acting different." Kaiba frowned, his arms wrapped protectively around her. "You can trust me; besides, I love you."

Selina giggled lightly, yawning as she pulled away. "Can you keep a secret?" she asked mischievously.

Kaiba's frown grew and he stared at her, wondering what she could possibly be hiding from him. He nodded, deciding to play her game for the time being.

Selina grinned, trying to think of the best way to say what she needed to. She'd been thinking about this for the past four days, and more intensely when it was reassured by her new doctor, Doctor Eliza Moore - a specialist and transfer from America.

"Selina."

She smirked slightly, glancing up at his navy eyes which were narrowed in warning to her. How that frown was about to turn upside down; at least, that's what she hoped.

"Well," she said, drawing out the word. "I'm fine."

Kaiba growled. This is not going anywhere. "And I don't believe you."

Selina chuckled inwardly, knowing she was annoying her husband, and could possibly make him go mad with the strange change in subjects. "And I'm telling you it's natural."

Kaiba arched a brow at this statement, wondering how natural it was for a women to not be able to hold her stomach down. "How is that?"

"Well, I learned a few things about it," she answered, averting her eyes.

"Selina, stop playing games with me; tell me what's going on," Kaiba demanded, his dark eyes flashing dangerously.

Selina sighed, rolling her eyes, before pouting, mumbling something about Kaiba taking away her fun. This, of course, received an un--amused glance from him. "Alright, I can be blunt, or I can let you guess; and I'd rather not be blunt because that's not my nature."

"What are you trying to tell me?"

Hmm, which choice do I pick? One, two, three…choices, choices. "Alright. When exactly do we plan on the daycare being completed?"

Kaiba growled. "That's not-"

"I need to know; it's relevant."

"Two months."

"Good. Then, about," Selina paused, a calculating glance appearing on her face, "say, I don't know, five to six months from then, well, something should happen."

"That's vague."

"Yeah, you're right. Oh, I know. You know how Yugi and Tea's baby is due in early October?"

"What's your point?"

"Well, maybe the rivalry between you and Yugi will be ended by a friendship," Selina pondered aloud.

"Selina, what exactly are you trying to tell me but you're failing miserably at?"

"Seto Kaiba, CEO and President of Kaiba Corporations; the world's youngest multi-billionaire, and business owner, what was one of the reasons you first married me?"

Kaiba frowned, recalling the conversation he had had with Mokuba over seven months before. "Business image?"

Selina rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Think harder. What's something you had on the contract that had to happen within five years; well, at least, something you preferred to happen within five years."

Kaiba opened his mouth, only to snap it shut. He swallowed, his eyes widening at his smiling wife. It couldn't be; that couldn't be what she was hiding from him. No, he wouldn't believe it unless she told him; his mere speculation wasn't as much as hearing it come from her.

"Did you figure it out?" she asked softly.

"Say it."

"Seto Kaiba," she whispered quietly, her voice nearly inaudible in the silence of his office. "I'm pregnant."

The realization that her words agreed with his speculation hit him full force. Without realizing what he was doing, or where he was at, a large grin appeared on his face. He lifted her into his arms and swung around a few times before placing her on the couch and staring into her eyes. "Are you okay? Did you tell Roland? He'll have to keep closer watch on you. Who else knows? When? How?"

"Slow down," she giggled, running her fingers through his hair. "I think you know how."

"When? Tell me when," he asked in all earnest, seeming to ignore her previous statement.

Selina smirked, tilting her head. "Somewhere around February fourteenth," she replied, blushing.

"We're going to have a baby." His voice was etched in disbelief as he stared at the woman before him, images passing before his eyes: when she first arrived, discovering her past, having her angry with him, the changes she began bringing to his life, falling in love with her; it had all changed him, slowly, but most certainly. And this was the absolute greatest change of all.

"How long did you say?"

Selina closed her eyes, her hands resting around her abdomen as she leaned back in the couch. "Somewhere around two months or so…Doctor Moore told me to expect him in mid-November."

"Him? We're having a boy?"

Selina's reply was a light laugh. "I have a feeling."

Kaiba smirked, taking her in his arms, a strange feeling washing over him. "We're going to have a baby!" he yelled out, his voice ringing through the office, and down the halls of the forty-third floor of Kaiba Corporations, stunning the employees into a deep silence at the foreign joyful voice belonging to none other than Seto Kaiba.