Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Arrangement ❯ Chapter Nineteen ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Arrangement

Chapter Nineteen

"Alright, so what's the big news?" Mai asked, sitting down and handing each of the girls a coffee - excluding Tea.

Selina eyed the coffee warily, sighing softly. "Mai, I love coffee, but I can't drink it for a while."

Mai glanced at Selina, questions etched in her deep violet eyes. "Says who?"

"My doctor told me I shouldn't drink coffee because it's too high in caffeine. Oh, that's right, I haven't told you yet."

"Aren't we here for some big news? Wouldn't that be what we don't know?" Serenity pointed out, returning with a glass of water for Selina.

"That's other news," she laughed lightly. "I'm in Tea's condition."

"You're pregnant!" Serenity squealed in excitement, her lightly tanned orbs widening.

"You know, maybe it's a good thing you and Joey eloped. By the time you'd get married, there'd be two women with expanded stomachs," Tea pointed out, giggling.

"Well, give my congratulations to Kaiba; I'm sure he's very proud of himself," Mai said, smiling across at her friend.

Selina blushed, forcing herself to look away. "Alright, I know it's big news, but that wasn't why we're meeting."

"Excuse me for interrupting, but we shouldn't have a shower for both you and Tea? Your kids will practically be siblings!" Serenity smiled.

"That's if Kaiba even lets our children near each other." Selina and Tea both laughed at this while Selina placed a notebook on the table.

"I have one too," Tea said, pulling her own notebook from her purse and handing it to Selina. "I made some in-depth plans on the different activities we could have."

"Great."

"What are you two talking about?" Mai questioned, drumming her French-manicured nails on the table's edge.

"Well, in the same words my own husband said to me: I have a proposition for you," Selina smiled, flipping open Tea's notebook, and glancing at the pages.

"What would that be?" this question came from Serenity, whose eyes had a good view of the notebook.

"At present, Kaiba Corporations offers no daycare services to its employees. However, in around two months, the building beside the offices will be opened. That building will be the daycare center for Seto's employees, as well as anyone else who wants to leave their child in great care. And, I have been placed in complete charge over this," Selina explained, glancing at Mai, and then Serenity. "So, I guess you could say that I'm the CEO of the daycare."

"How does this concern us?" Mai asked, lifting an eyebrow in question.

Selina grinned, leaning forward slightly. "Well, I'm going to offer both of you a position; which I think you'll accept because they are both perfect for your personalities."

Mai's brow remained arched in deep skepticism. Sure, she and Joey would more than likely have a kid or two some day, but she most definitely did not see how being around hundreds of other parents' children all day would suit her personality.

"Serenity, I want you to be in charge of the nursery of the daycare. I've tried picturing you in other places, but that just seemed to be the most suiting place for you. So, if you accept my offer, you'll have to help me with hiring people for that particular section. Now, Mai, in this building, there are three levels of the basement.

"The first level will have a café with a computer center and study center. Also, there will be a few pool tables, air hockey tables, and other things of the sort. On the second level, there will be a very large arcade, with all the latest technology - all donated by Kaiba Corporations," Selina explained, grinning. "Of course, it is owned by the CEO of Kaiba Corporations, but that's besides the point. On the third level, there will be about five to six different dueling arenas - of course, the size will be compacted somewhat. Anyways, Mai, I want you to be in charge of that particular section. I know that you were an avid duelist years ago, and I thought you may like this. This will be a place where teens can hang out, have tournaments, and just have fun. It's actually going to be opening in a little over a month. And, the best part of you two accepting these positions is that we'd all be working together. Now, I can-"

"Sounds great," Mai said, interrupting Selina. "Joseph quit his job last week - idiot."

Selina chuckled, shaking her head. "Tell him to talk to me."

"You'd regret hiring him; trust me. He says he quit because he can live off the check Kaiba gave us. I still think he's an idiot."

"Well, you're married to that idiot. You chose to be related to him, I didn't," Serenity smiled, shaking her head. "And you know I accept the position you're offering me Selina. Besides, I really need something to fill my time."

"So, what are the names of these places?" Mai asked.

"Well, Seto already had the sign made, so there's no going back on the name. But, the place for teens is going to be called The Underground," Selina shrugged. "I haven't thought of anything for the daycare."

"The Underground?" Mai mused, nodding her head slightly. "Sounds good."

"We'll have a name before it's completed," Tea said, grinning. "Now, let's return to the other news. How did Kaiba react when you told him? Did he freak out, was he calm, or is he being overbearing and overprotective?"

Selina laughed, closing her eyes and letting the memories flow through her mind. "I think it was a little bit of both, but mostly the latter."

~*~*~*~

The morning had come all too soon and Kaiba grunted in response to the rays of sunlight filtering in through the windows. A grin crossed his face as he snuggled closer to the pillow he was holding, thinking it was his wife. That is, until he found no warmth from it.

His eyes snapped open as he began searching for her. From what he could see, she was no where. He jumped off the bed, grabbed his robe, and searched the room, as well as her old room. She wasn't there. Growling in irritation, he paged Ichigo, asking him if he had seen Selina.

Without waiting for an answer, he hurried to the kitchen and was greeted with delightful smells, but it was only the cook making breakfast. He exited the room, his brow creasing in curiosity. A smirk formed on his face as he entered the back lounge, finding her curled up under a blanket on the couch before the fireplace.

He was considering whether he should lift her up and carry her back to their room and allow her to continue sleeping, or if he should leave her where she was. His considerations were interrupted by her eyelids fluttering open.

"Oh, I didn't know I fell asleep," she mumbled softly, stretching.

"What are you doing down here?" Kaiba question in slight amusement.

"I woke up a few hours ago. I didn't want to wake you, and I couldn't fall asleep, so I came down here to read. I wanted to be near the gardens," Selina explained, smiling at her husband.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked her calmly, tucking her hair behind her ear as he knelt before her, his eyes level with her own.

"I'm fine Seto," she reassured.

"What are your plans for today?"

"I was going to make an inventory of what we would need at the daycare. I was also hoping I could check out the building first hand, rather than just see the images on a computer screen."

"Maybe you should put that on hold," Kaiba suggested, silently agreeing with himself.

"Why?"

"Because you look tired."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"No, I'm not."

"Selina, you are."

"I thought you had to go to your office today?" she pointed out, inwardly growling. 'I am not tired Seto Kaiba!'

"I thought I'd stay here with you; work here at home," Kaiba shrugged, smirking.

Selina tilted her head, wondering why his plans had suddenly changed. The production of the new portable holographic systems needed to be overseen first hand; Kaiba certainly wouldn't miss that.

Selina's face faltered as realization sunk in. "You're staying home because I'm pregnant," she stated.

Kaiba shrugged. "Maybe I am, maybe I just want to be near you today."

"Seto Kaiba, I might be pregnant, but you do not need to become a babysitter for me. I'm just as capable of doing everything I was doing yesterday before you knew!"

Kaiba smirked, a glimmer of light shining in his eyes. "And I don't care what you say, I'm going to make sure that you take it easy."

"You, you…I am not a child," Selina frowned, moving to a sitting position on the couch and turning away from her husband.

"No, you're not," Kaiba agreed, sitting beside her and slipping his arms around her waist, his warm hands gently resting over her abdomen. "But you're carrying our child," he whispered softly. 'And I'm going to make sure your protection is even greater than it was before. I won't let anything happen to the woman I love, or our baby.'

~*~*~*~

The same day Selina was out with her friends, shopping and discussing children and the new daycare center, Kaiba was with two men, discussing business of a similar kind.

"And the demands never seem to cease. These systems are a major hit not only here, but all over the world; especially in the United States," Duke pointed out, leaning back in his seat.

"I've noticed that too Kaiba. It's all over the news; everyone wants one of these new systems that Selina created," Yugi commented.

"The greatest sales we've had for this product in the United States is in the city of San Diego, California. The second greatest, which is only down by two percent, is the city of New York, New York. I think we need to go to the United States on a promotion," Kaiba commented, glancing up from the charts at the two men before him. "My company, my partner, and," he paused, pushing the disdain of what he was about to say from his mind. "And, the Duel Champion," he finished, gesturing towards Yugi. "We can give them a show; you and I can duel, sales may increase even more. However, we won't be able to do this for at least two months."

"The daycare center Tea was telling me about?" Yugi asked, glancing at the charts Kaiba handed him.

"Exactly. Plans are that it will open in around two months. And Selina is in charge of that, plus I need to be here for the opening. Besides, your wife is involved with it, and so is your girlfriend Devlin. I'm seeing this trip as taking a few weeks, and I don't want to leave Selina here alone. Or Mokuba," he added.

"How is she anyways?" Duke asked curiously, taking the charts from Yugi and making a few notes on them.

"She claims to be fine," Kaiba shrugged, pulling out his calendar.

"She's strong, she will be. Besides Kaiba, it's not like she's due tomorrow," Duke laughed, handing the edited charts back to Kaiba. "What did Mokuba say?"

Kaiba laughed, shaking his head. "First, his eyes expanded to an unnatural size. Then, he said 'I'm going to have another brother or a sister,' which caused him to pause and consider this statement; and, inevitably, correct it to, 'I'm going to be an uncle.' He's excited."

"What about you? I heard some of the employees talking about some strange mood you've been in. No one has been fired for four days," Duke commented, his eyes lazily glancing at Kaiba.

Kaiba coughed, staring at his calendar and making notes on it. "Yes, well, I am going to have a-"

"Kaiba, you really don't have to act like you're indifferent," Yugi said, shaking his head.

"Fine Motou, I'm ecstatic," he said, his voice unemotional.

"He actually is," Duke agreed. "It's obvious."

Kaiba refused to meet their eyes. He really was ecstatic about it, and he was becoming a bit overprotective of Selina, but she was pregnant with his child. Without the proper security, that could be a dangerous place to be, considering the many people who hated him. Until that moment, he hadn't taken that into consideration. He pushed those thoughts away, trusting she would be safe in Roland's protection - and the other two guards she knew nothing about.

"Of course I'm happy about it Yugi," Kaiba finally agreed after a few minutes of silence. "The woman I married, and fell in love with, is pregnant with my child. Why wouldn't I be happy?"

Yugi chuckled, shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders.

"You may change your mind when the crying wakes you up during your precious hours of sleep," Duke said.

"I plan on sleeping in my office," Kaiba responded.

"She'll kill you," Duke countered.

Kaiba smirked, shaking his head in disagreement. "Not when she sees the nursery."

~*~*~*~

"Where did you want this Miss Kaiba?"

"Over there is fine for now," Selina smiled at the man who was missing a few teeth as he and a few others carried boxes into her new office on the twenty-third floor of the new daycare center.

"How are things coming along?" a deep, masculine voice asked from the doorway, drawing Selina's eyes to him.

"Seto!" she exclaimed, walking towards him and allowing herself to be wrapped within his arms. "I didn't know you were going to come over here."

"Business was dull, so I left your cousin in charge for the rest of the day. I am at your disposal."

"Then you're going to help me set up my office?"

"Of course."

Selina smiled, kissing his cheek, and walking over to her thick, mahogany desk, complete with a white leather swivel chair. Her eyes swept over her office, a pleased look covering her face. The carpet was a soft, pastel blue she had specifically chosen, while the walls were complete with gentle swirls of pastel yellow and pastel blue. She had chosen those colors because they were calm, and in a way, very childish.

"I've been meaning to ask you how everything is coming along with the openings," Kaiba stated, hooking up her new computer and connecting it to the Kaiba Corporation network.

"It's going really great. The Underground is ahead of schedule. We're planning on opening it to the public in three days. Will you be there?" Selina asked, opening a box and filling a bookshelf with various books from philosophy and literature, to travel, to fairytale and romance.

"Of course I will; I do own it."

"Well, yeah, but, I mean, you're busy. I just wasn't-"

"Selina," Kaiba interrupted, standing from her chair and sliding his arms around her waist. "I will be there. And, I'll be here when the daycare opens."

Selina grinned, closing her eyes lightly and reveling in the peacefulness that had enveloped them.

"Hey, this is looking better," Tea's voice called from the open door.

Selina broke away from Kaiba's arms, turning to face her friend. "How is your office coming along Tea? Did they put everything where you wanted it?"

"Yeah, it's great Selina," Tea replied. Her office had been done in pale pink and white, contrasting from Selina's, yet complimenting it all the same. Should any child, for any reason, enter either of the ladies' offices, they wouldn't feel like they were in a place of business, but a place of serenity.

"And, it has a great view," Yugi added, coming up behind Tea and sliding his arm around her waist.

Selina laughed, her eyes looking out her own window. "Yeah, a great view Yugi," she replied with sarcasm.

"Is my building really that terrible to look at?" Kaiba asked, raising a brow at his wife, causing her to shake her head. "I didn't think so."

"Have you ladies come up with a name for this, or is it just going to be Kaiba Corporations Day Care Center?" Yugi asked curiously.

"Oh, well, we had a few ideas, but none that we're really happy with," Selina answered, a slight blush forming on her cheeks.

"Oh? I'd like to hear them."

"Well, there's Above and Beyond, Above the Clouds, Kid Connection…what were some of our other, less popular names?" Tea asked, laughing lightly.

"I don't want to remember."

"Well, could I make a suggestion?"

"Go for it Yugi. We're great with planning, but we're terrible at names," Selina said.

"Alright, well, this is a daycare type of place, mainly for kids ten and under; and the majority of them will be children of employees at Kaiba Corp., so maybe something like," Yugi paused, trying his best to think of something. "I don't know, Under the Oak, or something like that. Oaks are strong trees, and this is kind of under the main building, which is strong and-"

"I kind of like it," Selina said, cutting Yugi off. "Under the Oak…" she mused aloud. "We could have the first floor, where parents drop off their kids, painted like it's an oak tree…or something."

"It's better than any of the names we've come up with," Tea agreed.

"Well then, with that settled, I'll have the perfect outdoor sign created for you," Kaiba said, leading Selina to the couch she had placed against the wall, cattycorner to her rather large window.

Tea smiled, grasping Yugi's hand, and leading him into her office. As a result, leaving Kaiba alone with his wife.

Selina sighed, leaning up against his strong frame as they sat upon the couch. Things were getting slightly stressful, and she was thankful for the brief break. At only three months, she was beginning to slightly show - mainly due to the fact that she had a naturally thin frame.

"When's your next appointment?" Kaiba asked quietly, his arms casually wrapped around her.

"In three days, after the grand opening; will you be able to come with me?"

"I'll try. You should rest Selina; this stress isn't good for you in this…condition."

Selina giggled, closing her eyes. "It's not a condition Seto. But you're right, I'm tired. I'll go to sleep early, after I have dinner."

Kaiba grunted, a smile on his face. "You've been eating a lot lately. I'm surprised there's still food left in the house," he teased.

"Are you calling me…fat?" Selina asked in disbelief, opening her eyes and turning to glare at her husband. "I am not fat Seto Kaiba! I'm pregnant! So what if I eat a lot! I have a baby growing inside of me! I'm eating for two!" she yelled, rising from her position on the couch and storming out of the office, leaving a bewildered Kaiba behind.

Yugi popped his head into the office, casting Kaiba a somewhat sympathetic look. "Trust me, we'll never understand women and their touchy feelings," he said, laughing. "I made Tea cry because I told her we should get her some bigger clothes." He shrugged, shaking his head. "They're very strange creatures Kaiba; good luck on however longer you have to go. I'll be lucky if I survive to see my kid born with the way Tea-"

"Yugi Motou!" Tea's voice yelled as she glared at him from not too far down the hall, standing beside Selina.

"Uh…" Yugi faltered, looking to Kaiba for help, but finding none.

"Like I've said before, hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn - especially when that woman is pregnant," Kaiba said calmly, rising from his position and heading for Yugi.

"Seto Kaiba!"

"And now is most definitely the part where we run."

~*~*~*~

"How much longer until noon?There's quite a few teens outside; they don't have classes today," Mai said, pacing before the entrance to The Underground.

"Fifteen minutes," Selina answered, glancing at the clock hanging over the staircase which led down into the first floor of the basement.

"I really like this setup," Serenity said, glancing around the room. It was a small room, with two sets of double doors leading directly outside, and a six foot wide staircase leading down to the café. The tiles were a metallic black, and the walls were done in black with bright yellow and blue lines like lightning running along them.

"How 'bout we open this place up early," Joey suggested, slipping his arm around Mai's shoulders.

"We have to wait until noon. Besides, Seto isn't here yet," Selina replied, sighing softly at the blonde man she had hired to work with Mai. "Where is he?"

"Selina, we have five minutes left, they look impatient out there," Tea said, peeking her head in through the door which led to a small office, which in turn, led to the daycare - which was busy being painted.

"Alright people, listen up," Selina said, turning on the microphone on the headset she wore; her voice entering the ear of every employee of The Underground. "You are all employees of Kaiba Corporation, and we expect nothing but the best from you. That is, you are a servant to the people, and you will give them the best service they could want. Now, keep an eye out for any trouble makers, and should there be any, immediately notify security. We're here to provide a place where teens can relax and have fun. And we are opening in one minute, I repeat, one minute."

"Good thing I made it," Kaiba said, taking a deep breath and appearing at Selina's side. "The meeting went overtime," he explained. And I was not going to give you a reason to get angry with me.

She smiled at him, kissed his cheek, and glanced at the clock. "Alright, we open in five, four, three…"

The doors were unlocked, allowing teens to rush in to their new hang out. The group was standing off to the side, watching them enter, one of them trying to count.

"Alright Mai, it's all yours," Selina said, handing Mai the headset. "If there are any problems, you know how to contact me."

"Selina Kaiba! Can we get your picture?"

Selina smiled, nodding her head, and leaning in close to Mai while the photographers snapped their photos for the news. When the flashes stopped, she turned to Kaiba and slipped her arm around his.

"I've got an appointment, so I have to be leaving. If you see Mokuba, tell him he has to be home at four because we're going out," she called over her shoulder to Mai. "He said he'd drop by."

"I'll do that."

Selina nodded, following Kaiba out of the building and to their awaiting limo. Life seemed to be moving completely perfect for them. And neither of them wanted that to ever end.

~*~*~*~

Selina lay calmly in Doctor Moore's office, but her fingers were nervously clenching the sheet on the bed she had been instructed to lay upon. Kaiba was seated beside her, his hand grasping onto hers as he stared at the blank monitor.

"What's taking so long?" he asked coolly, glancing at the nurse who was busily filling out a chart.

"Doctor Moore is a specialist in her area Mister Kaiba, please be patient. She'll be here soon," the nurse replied warily.

As if to prove the point, Doctor Moore casually entered the office and smiled down at Selina. She was a woman of about fifty-five, with slightly graying blonde hair, and deep blue eyes. Her eyes then turned to Kaiba's frame, and a spark of knowledge entered her eyes.

"It is nice to finally see the face of the father," she said, holding out her hand to Kaiba, and receiving his slight shake. "It's nice to meet you Seto Kaiba. You've chosen a wonderful woman for your wife."

Kaiba nodded, his mouth remaining closed, although he found it very hard to do so, and only remained silent at the looks Selina would cast his way.

"I apologize for keeping you waiting, I was fetching the lab results from your last visit," she said, laying a manila folder down on her desk.

"Is everything okay?" Selina asked quietly.

"Everything seems fine, except that you seem to be under large amounts of stress. Is there anything that could be causing this stress? I heard about the opening of The Underground today."

"Oh, no, that wouldn't be it," Selina sighed, closing her eyes lightly. "The daycare opens in a month. I guess I'm a little worried about it."

Doctor Moore nodded her head, removed her glasses, and rubbed her temples lightly. "Selina, I'm going to be honest with you. At present, I consider you a high risk case. Everything is completely fine, but," she paused, briefly glancing at Kaiba. "But, as you know, I had to retrieve your past files from Doctor Keito."

"And your point," Kaiba growled, his hand being squeezed by Selina in the process.

"Doctor Keito and I are both worried at the amount of stress you're putting yourself under. According to him, you've fainted due to stress before. You need to take things slower, and relax much more than you're doing."

Selina sighed, calming her pounding heart. "It has to open in a month though; we can't halt the production just because…what do I need to do?"

Doctor Moore smiled, placing her stethoscope on Selina's small abdomen and remaining silent for a moment while she searched for the sounds of the child. "Rest. Let your husband take control for a while."

Selina mumbled under her breath, her eyes opening and looking up at the monitor with fuzzy black and white dots. "I'll slow down, but it's still opening up in a month. I guess I'll just…empty my plate a little bit."

Kaiba chuckled lightly, causing Selina to grip his hand in a painful way that not even he knew she could.

"Don't even start with me Seto Kaiba," she grumbled.

"Alright, do you two want to see your baby?"

Selina's eyes sparkled as she watched the monitor showing the baby within her. Her eyes watered slightly, but she pushed the tears away, a joyful smile upon her face.

"What is it?" Kaiba asked, glancing at Doctor Moore in question.

"Wait, I don't want to know until he or she is born," Selina protested, her eyes never leaving the monitor.

Fifteen minutes later, Selina was sitting in a chair right outside Doctor Moore's office while she was inside, talking to Kaiba. She was unaware of everything he was learning, and most definitely, unaware of how it would cause him to react.

He exited the office, shaking hands with Doctor Moore, and slipped his arm around Selina, walking her out of the hospital. They were both quiet, but Selina could sense something in his eyes.

"She told you, didn't she," she accused.

"Yes," Kaiba replied, grinning. "I know what to name our child."

"Oh really? Then I'll name our second," Selina laughed, shaking her head. "Speaking of names, did you know that Americans have three?"

"So do I," Kaiba shrugged, sliding into the limo beside his wife.

"You do?"

"Yes. My mother wanted to name me Seto, my father wanted to name me after him, so they made a compromise, and I have both."

"I didn't know that," Selina replied softly, her face clearly showing that she wanted to know what his other name was.

"They disagreed on Mokuba's name too, but my mother won that one in the end. My father's name was Keitaro, which means blessed."

Selina smiled, the name flowing into her mind. "Seto Keitaro Kaiba," she whispered gently. "I like it."

Kaiba nodded slightly, reminding himself that Kaiba was not the name he was born with. He pushed it from his mind, which he found very easy to do. Kaiba was a name that could drive fear into the strongest warrior, and was the name of a strong empire. Kaiba definitely suited him, and would most definitely, suit their son.

~*~*~*~

Time passed by quickly. Nearly a month had gone by, and Under the Oak would be opening the next day. The Underground continued to prove to be a great success, and Joey and Mai loved spending time there, overseeing the duels, and pretty much running the place. Kaiba had begun to spend more time in his home office, in order to keep a close eye on Selina to make sure she was resting.

And when she was resting, that is when he would sneak into her old bedroom, lock both doors, and set to work. The floor had been transformed into the same pastel blue color as her office carpet, and the walls were a very pale, sky color. He had told Selina not to worry about anything for the baby, that he would handle everything since he knew whether they were having a boy or a girl. So, he was creating this surprise nursery, right beside their own bedroom.

On the same wall as the door joining the rooms, Kaiba had placed the wooden crib, loaded down with soft sheets, and a small blue blanket hung over the side, with the name "Seto Keitaro Kaiba, II" embroidered on it. Inside the crib was a small, and very soft, blue bear. Above the crib was a Blue Eyes White Dragon Mobile. Beside the window which had pale blue draperies, was a rocking chair, another blue blanket draped over it. Above the crib, on the wall, was a monitor system Kaiba had created and had installed.

Next to the crib was a wooden diaper changing station, complete with a few packs of diapers underneath. And, of course, the closet that once held Selina's clothes, had been filled with many more diapers, a stroller, extra bottles, pacifiers, and many different health care items. And, not to mention, countless different articles of clothing. In the corner near the door to the hallway, Kaiba had placed a small swing, and across from that was a very large blue giraffe. Beside the giraffe was a good sized light blue duffel bag Kaiba considered to be a diaper bag - and had filled it accordingly.

He grinned to himself as he stepped inside the bathroom. The tile had been changed to the pastel blue, and the wall had been tiled white, with one strip of tiles that had yellow ducklings on them. There were small blue towels hanging on the towel rack and where the bathtub had once been, now there was a counter with a bath station for the baby. In the corner was a square shaped shower, with a glass door. How he had managed to accomplish all this without raising any suspicion from Selina had been quite simple: take her to the gardens or tell her to visit Tea. Of course, in his mind, he was nowhere near finished.

"Seto?" Selina's faint voice could be heard from behind the door of their room, calling for him. "What are you doing?"

Kaiba quietly exited the nursery to the hallway, and entered their bedroom. "Are you okay?" he asked casually, finding himself sitting beside Selina on their bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I thought I heard you in my old room," she commented, snuggling close to him. "I've been adding the finishing touches to the different programs we'll be offering - which start next week."

"I think you're excited," he comment emotionlessly, his hand resting on her slowly expanding abdomen.

"I am."

"I'm glad."

"Shouldn't you be working?"

Kaiba shrugged, closing his eyes lazily. "Production on the holographic systems have only increased. We were considering some kind of promotional tour in the United States, but with sales increasing without it, we decided against it. Plus, both Yugi and myself would rather stay here."

Selina smiled softly, closing the laptop and setting it aside. She felt Kaiba's arms wrap protectively, and possessively, around her as she found herself drifting into a peaceful slumber. Selina knew the next day would be completely hectic, and so she willingly submitted herself to this desirable peace. And slowly, but surely, she found her heart beginning to beat in tune with the young CEO; and found herself falling in love.

---

---

Well, that was a rather quick update. I don't know if it's traditional for Japanese people to have a "middle" name, so that's why there was a compromise between Kaiba's parents, and he was given both names. Also, you'll find out in the epilogue (which I expect to be after the next chapter…) why I added this middle name. Anyways, hope you all are enjoying. I can't believe this is almost over!

And, as we learned from Seto Kaiba, never provoke a pregnant woman by saying anything that may imply to her you think she's fat. Oh, and I don't know who came up with the phrase "Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn" but I did come up with the rest "especially if that woman is pregnant."