Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Arrangement ❯ Chapter Twenty ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Arrangement

Chapter Twenty

People were scurrying to and fro, hurrying to their assigned positions. It was early Monday morning and the sun had barely begun to peak over the horizon. Kaiba smirked, watching the people listening to his wife's orders. Things were hectic, and he could sense the strain and pressure she was feeling. After talking with Doctor Moore about her need to take things easy, he was thankful this place was almost open. He chuckled lightly, glancing around at the walls.

She had done wonders to this place. The carpet was a deep green color, and parts of the walls were blue with white fluffy clouds painted in. Behind the counter where parents would drop off their children was the painting of the leaves on an oak, giving the impression that one would be stepping into a tree. He had to give her credit for her creativity when it came to decorating. He had barely had enough time to glance at every floor, but each one was like stepping into a child's fantasy.

After everything she had been through, she deserved happiness more than anyone. His smirk widened as he saw her small frame - with a slightly expanded abdomen - hurrying towards him. He greeted her with a gentle hug, and a kiss atop her head.

"I'm so glad you're here," she whispered, allowing herself to take a deep breath.

"I wouldn't miss this," he replied, his fingers twisting around her cinnamon hair that she had pulled back in a ponytail. "You look nice."

Selina blushed lightly, taking a step back and staring up into her husband's eyes. He was dressed in a black suit, complete with a silver tie, while she was wearing a pink top and a pair of jeans. "I look nice?" she giggled, shaking her head.

"Because you're beautiful. So, it's almost seven," Kaiba commented, glancing at the light green clock which hung in the leaves of the oak on the wall.

"Yeah. Everything is set. Actually, the doors are being opened right now."

Kaiba turned his head to glance at the doors. Already, a few employees of his were bringing in their young ones and signing them up at the counter - of course, in a few days, they could walk their children to their assigned area, but until then, things would be handled differently. He hid his smile as his eyes traveled down to Selina's abdomen, his fingers gently brushing her cheek.

"Mister Kaiba," a voice called to him, drawing his attention away from his wife. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm so thankful you've opened up a daycare for your employees. It's so convenient with it being right next door!" the woman exclaimed, hurrying out the door and to the building next door.

Selina grinned, rising to his tiptoes and kissing Kaiba's chin. "You may want to head to work now. Tea and I can handle things."

Kaiba frowned, narrowing his eyes lightly. "You're to take things easy Selina. Am I understood?"

"Yes."

Kaiba gave her one more warning glance before kissing her forehead and disappearing through the doors to head to his own office.

"This place is so amazing!" Serenity exclaimed, stepping up beside Selina.

"Yeah," she whispered softly, closing her eyes lightly. A smile lit up her face as she turned to her young friend. "So?"

"What?" Serenity asked, smiling at a woman who was bringing in a young infant. "I'm going to love this."

Selina shook her head, the smile never leaving her face. "I need to talk to you. Can you meet me in my office in a few hours? I need to stand here and meet each of the parents."

"Sure thing." Serenity lightly hugged Selina before disappearing behind the counter and cooing at the little infant. Grinning, she took the child in her arms and smiled at the mother before heading through the hallway and to the elevator to go up to the nursery.

Selina sighed in content, watching the events around her. A small pain in her abdomen threatened to tear the smile from her face, but she remained steady. She did ask for a chair and sat behind the counter, staying faithful to her word, and greeting each parents as they dropped off their child.

~*~*~*~

Kaiba's eyes traveled to his window for the fifth time in the hour. Growling in frustration, he turned away from his work, allowing his distraction to consume his complete attention. He smiled lightly, staring down at the building under his gaze, knowing that his wife was in there with a grin on her own face.

Sighing, he turned away from the window and glanced at his computer. "This isn't working," he muttered, heading for the couch and seating himself before the television screen. He made no move to turn it on however. He remained still, motionless, staring at the blank screen.

Fifteen minutes later, Duke entered his office, his eyes questioning the still figure on the couch. "Kaiba?"

Kaiba's eyes blinked a few times before he turned his gaze to meet that of his business partner. "Yes Devlin?"

Duke shrugged, his brow raised in curiosity. "Selina's grandfather was on the line, but Macy said you had the line closed, so I took it."

Kaiba was silent.

"What's going on?"

"What did he want?" Kaiba asked slowly, ignoring Duke's question.

"He just wanted to let you know he's being sent to a conference in Kyoto. He won't be back for about a month. He said he was able to reach Selina, but she was pretty busy."

Kaiba nodded, closing his eyes.

"What's going on Kaiba?" Duke tried again.

"Devlin, do you realize that you have the most amazing cousin in the world?"

Duke arched a brow, wondering where Kaiba's thoughts had taken him. But, in agreement, he nodded his head.

"She's been on my mind lately. She's always on my mind. I admit I'm starting to get impatient."

"About what?" Duke questioned, slouching in the chair he had recently sat on.

Kaiba snorted, his eyes flashing to Duke's. "We're having a baby together, but she doesn't love me. Her actions have been enough, and they always will be, but I'm impatient to hear those words."

Duke was silent at this revelation, searching his heart for what to say to his partner. "Love comes at strange times. I think she recognizes that she loves you, but she's unsure how to tell you. Honestly, I think she's afraid to admit to herself that she loves you because the last time she loved someone, he hurt her. And while you're nothing like her father…"

Duke's words seem to go right through Kaiba as he stood up and headed for his desk. "How far is production on the new systems?" he asked, immediately changing the subject.

Duke immediately switched into his business persona, but his mind was traveling to other places. It may take a little more time; but we all see it Kaiba - she loves you, she just doesn't know how to acknowledge that.

~*~*~*~

Selina allowed a yawn to escape her lips as she stretched out on the couch in her office, allowing the shade of Kaiba Corporations' office building to cover her. The morning had been busy, and she had been on her feet for almost three hours. She sighed, closing her eyes lightly, her hands wrapped around her abdomen as a familiar pain washed over her.

"Selina?" Tea's voice called from the door as she slowly opened it and entered, her stomach not much more expanded than Selina's.

Selina opened her eyes lazily, smiling at her friend.

"You weren't answering," she shrugged, turning from the door as Serenity entered the office.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Serenity asked casually, sitting at the other end of the couch.

Selina forced herself to sit up, a smile lighting her face. "Duke's a great person Serenity."

"I know."

"You two are going to be so happy together."

"What are you saying?" Serenity asked, a light blush forming on her face.

"I know you two are engaged - as of last night," Selina grinned slyly.

Serenity blushed brightly and turned away from the gaze of her elder friend. "How do you-"

"I can tell. Plus, Duke told me," she shrugged, the smile disappearing from her face as she clutched her stomach.

"Selina?" Serenity questioned, hurrying to her side, her eyes filled with worry.

"Call Seto," she choked out, pain written across her face as she took a deep breath; tears slowly spilling from her eyes.

~*~*~*~

The walls were bright white, reflecting the light of the sun streaming in through the open windows. The sounds of birds could be heard, but at the moment, it was causing her head to pound. Selina slowly opened her eyes, only to shut them quickly.

She moaned lightly, a gentle throb in her abdomen telling her this wasn't a dream. I'm going to be sick…

"Selina, are you awake?" a deep voice, soft with worry, asked her.

She felt a warm hand encircling hers and allowed a calm smile form upon her face. "Seto," she breathed, her nerves cooling.

Kaiba smiled in relief, brushing the hair from her forehead before his eyes narrowed in slight anger. "There are some rules you're going to have to follow," he admonished, squeezing her hand lightly and bringing her eyes to him.

"What happened?" she asked softly. "Is everything okay?"

Kaiba frowned, brushing his fingers over the stitches above her left brow. "You hit your head on the windowsill when you fell off the couch. Serenity thought you were going into some form of labor." Kaiba allowed a light chuckle to escape his lips. "But, thankfully, you weren't."

"Is the baby okay?" Selina gasped, her eyes widening in fear.

Before Kaiba could answer, the door to her room opened and two doctors walked in.

"Selina, you really should take better care of yourself," Doctor Keito chastised, shaking his head.

"Mister Kaiba, may I speak with you a moment?" Doctor Moore asked, remaining near the door and leading Kaiba outside.

"I guess the stress was just-"

"It wasn't just stress," Doctor Keito frowned, glancing down at the charts.

"What's wrong?"

Doctor Keito sighed, rubbing his temples. "Selina, you're overexerting yourself. I understand that today was going to be a busy day, but you need to find yourself resting more than anything. Your babies' lives are in danger, and so is yours. You have to rest."

"Why was I…" Selina trailed off, tears biting at her eyes; Doctor Keito's words seeming to pass over her.

"Stress. Combined with dehydration. And a form of false labor, brought on by stress," he filled in, smiling down at her. "Doctor Moore and I both agree that-"

"What!" Kaiba's outburst could be overheard in the room, bringing both Selina and Doctor Keito's eyes to the door in question.

"What is she telling him?"

Doctor Keito grinned, his eyes lighting in mischievousness. "I'm surprised he didn't pass out. Selina, have you ever wondered why your stomach seems so large for only four months pregnant?"

"I…never really thought about it…"

Keito chuckled, shaking his head. "Apparently, something was hidden during all your other ultrasounds."

"Selina!" Kaiba called, rushing into the room, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Seto, what's-"

"Two, can you believe it?" he exclaimed, grasping her hand tightly in his.

"Two? We're having…two?" she asked in disbelief, her eyes traveling to Doctor Moore's.

She smiled, nodding her head in agreement. "On your last ultrasound, I noticed a shadow. I didn't want to worry you, but I looked into it. When you came in a few hours ago, I did another check and saw the other one. Apparently, someone wanted to give you a big surprise."

Selina smiled faintly, her head beginning to swim. "Two," she whispered, her hand resting over her abdomen. "Two."

Kaiba grinned slightly before frowning at her. "There are some rules we should discuss."

~*~*~*~

A light groan was heard, and then the shuffling of bed sheets. "I feel so heavy," Selina complained, leaning her back against the headboard of the bed and closing her eyes.

Kaiba smiled at her, kissing her forehead lightly. "But you're beautiful."

"Don't you need to work?" she mumbled, a smile peeking at him from her weary eyes.

"Yeah. And don't worry about the daycare; it's in good hands."

Selina smiled, receiving the kiss he offered before he headed to the bathroom to shave. At seven months pregnant, she had gained a rather large addition, and was surprised Kaiba still slept in the same bed. She was cranky a lot, and unable to get large amounts of sleep at one time. Since the opening of the daycare, she had been forced to remain at home - in bed.

And with Tea close to her due date, Serenity had been placed in charge. Selina was still handling things via the Kaiba Corporation network, but the majority of the work went to Serenity, who willingly accepted it. She and Duke planned on marrying as soon as Selina's babies were born. And unknown to Selina, Kaiba knew the sexes of both their children, and had made modifications on the secret nursery - as well as told all her friends. She was the only one in the dark.

She smiled softly, sliding down the headboard and sinking back to sleep. Kaiba watched in silence, smirking down at her form. He slowly tucked her in before exiting the room and heading for another tedious day of work.

"Seto!" Mokuba's voice called as he rushed to give his elder brother a hug.

"What is it kiddo?" he asked lightly.

"I just wanted to tell you to have a good day."

Kaiba shook his head, a small smile on his face. "Keep an eye on Selina for me."

"I will," Mokuba chirped happily, watching his elder brother go down the stairs. He skipped down the hallway and slowly opened the door to Selina and Kaiba's room.

Silently, he entered, seating himself near the window and pulling out his deck and flipping through it. He didn't know that Selina's bright eyes were watching him, a content smile on her face.

~*~*~*~

"No, I said that I want this done today!" Kaiba yelled, slamming the phone down, his eyes narrowed. The old, familiar feeling was resurfacing on his personality.

"How many?" Duke chuckled, bringing Kaiba a cup of coffee. "Honestly, if you keep this up, you're not going to have any employees left."

Kaiba growled, taking the coffee from Duke and drinking it, allowing his nerves to relax. "I'm getting impatient."

"Where have I heard this before?"

"I want those kids to be born already."

"Kaiba, she still has two more months to go. Unless, of course, they're born premature; which is a possibility," Duke commented.

Kaiba grumbled, frowning. "I know Devlin. But I hate seeing her feel so…helpless," he finished, sighing.

"Well, don't take it out on your employees," Duke laughed.

Kaiba smirked, his eyes glancing towards the door. "Haven't you ever wanted to fire someone Devlin?"

"That's your job, not mine."

"Not for this one," Kaiba said, his smirk growing as he told his secretary to phone the man he had just spoken to. He waited impatiently for the man to enter his office.

"What are you saying?"

Their attention was brought to the door by a man entering the office, visibly shaking. "M-Mister Kaiba," he said meekly.

"Devlin, do me the honors," Kaiba commanded.

Duke shrugged, narrowing his eyes slightly and frowning at the man. "You're fired," he said, his tone bored.

"Be more…aggressive."

"You're fired," Duke sneered, his inner mind enjoying the strange sense of power.

"Come on Devlin, get into it."

"You're fired you s-"

"Mister Kaiba, there's a phone call for you; it's your brother," the secretary's voice came through on the intercom, interrupting Duke and causing the man to seize his opportunity and flee.

"Nice job Devlin," he commented, picking up the phone. "What is it Mokuba?"

Kaiba's eyes dilated, he felt faint. His vision was blurring and Mokuba's voice was barely reaching his ears. He slowly put the phone down, finding himself in a daze.

"What's going on?" Duke asked curiously, eyeing Kaiba strangely.

"Selina's in labor," he croaked, falling out of his chair, unconscious.

~*~*~*~

Selina took a deep breath, trying to calm the pounding, but nothing seemed to work. Somehow, she had been able to notify Roland while Mokuba called Kaiba. And now, she found herself in a nice hospital room, and alone. She didn't blame Mokuba for opting to stand outside the door, nor did she blame Roland. Groaning, she squeezed the sheets tight as another contraction hit her hard.

Kaiba's eyes fluttered open as he slowly regained consciousness. He glanced around the room, noticing the white walls and realized he was in a hospital. He sat up straight, jumping from the bed and rushing towards the door. Devlin must have brought me here. He opened the door, coming face to face with the aforementioned man.

"Good, you're awake. Selina's going to kill you if you're not there; but I'm almost certain she'll kill you either way," he commented, a grin on his face.

"What happened?" Kaiba asked, following Duke down the halls.

"You passed out," he shrugged, taking a left and heading for an elevator. "I brought you here, struggled to get you inside, and a nurse helped me take you to a room while we waited for you to wake up. The doctors are giving her about an hour."

Kaiba tapped his foot impatiently, his breathing strenuous as they stood inside the elevator leading them to the maternity ward on the sixth floor of the hospital. His eyes never left the numbers which ever so slowly, lit up to let them know what floor they were on. Unfortunately for Kaiba, the elevator stopped on only the second floor. Without thinking, he tore from the elevator and headed for the stairs, running at full speed.

Another one, this time it was stronger, more painful. And the timing was closer to the previous one. She cried out in pain, gasping for air. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she held them back. Where is he? Her head pounded, her back ached, and her stomach really hurt. "Where is he," she growled, trying to control her breathing.

She felt so alone. And she was scared. What if…he doesn't come? She shook her head, her breathing returning to normal as she released the sheets from her tight grasp. "He has to make it," she whispered softly, wiping the stray tears from her eyes. The door creaked open and she turned her head anxiously, finding Doctor Moore standing there.

"How are you doing?" she asked calmly, glancing at the young woman who looked ready to kill and pass out at the same time.

"I've been better," she joked, cringing as a light pain came over her.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to time your contractions," she said, smiling once more and leaving Selina alone.

He panted heavily, approaching the door on the sixth floor. His tie had been loosened long ago, and his jacket was hanging limply off one arm, the rest flying behind him as he ran. The first three buttons on his shirt had been undone, and his hair was beginning to resemble Joey's shaggy mane. He burst through the door and stopped, his eyes widening when he realized he had no idea what room she was in.

At that same moment, the elevator dinged, and out stepped Duke, a bored expression on his face. His eyes scanned the hallways, and instantly stopped on the disgruntled figure of Seto Kaiba. "Oh, good; I meant to tell you that she's in room 649."

Kaiba was standing there, breathing heavily as a glare set upon his face. Fate must really be against him; first, making him go unconscious, and then having him run all the way up four long flights of stairs - only to get to his destination when the elevator did. He growled before hurrying down the hallway, oblivious to where he was heading exactly, only knowing he had to find her room.

Far in the distance, a blur of black hair could be seen, as well as a tall figure dressed in a black suit, sunglasses resting atop his head. A loud cry was heard down the hallway, causing the two figures nearest it to shudder and back away. Kaiba heard this cry, and ran down the hall, ignoring the protests from the nurses and doctors.

Tears were stinging her eyes as she tried her hardest to be strong. The only other person in the room was Doctor Moore, patiently timing the contractions. Another cry, louder, and more agonizing than the first. Selina gripped the sheets, her nails digging into them as her knuckles turned white from the grasp. Her breathing had turned into short gasps of air as she lay in the bed, her eyes tightly closed.

The door flew open, revealing a distraught Kaiba. He had thrown his coat and tie at Roland and was now catching his breath in the doorway, watching his wife's pained expressions. He hurried to her side, breathing deeply as he did so. Instantly, he reached out for her hand, which turned to be a very bad mistake. At the same time their hands touched, another contraction hit Selina, causing her to squeeze Kaiba's hand hard as a loud cry poured from her throat.

Kaiba's expression turned sour as he tried to remove his hand from her grasp, never realizing she could be this strong. He had quickly lost all feeling as he watched his poor hand being smothered to death by his wife. Finally, the pain subsided, and she released his hand, causing him to pull back and examine it in pity.

"Ah, Mister Kaiba, I'm glad you could make it. We're just about to send your wife into delivery," Doctor Moore smiled, glancing at his purple hand. "Did something happen to your hand?"

Selina's eyes opened and she turned her head to Kaiba, a wave of relief washing over her like a flood. Her eyes traveled to his hand and a blush instantly rose to her face as she realized that was what she had squeezed the living daylights out of.

"I'm sure it will be fine. There's more important things to worry about right now," he said, squinting his eyes at the slight pounding that ensued in his hand. "Like, why is she just sitting here!"

Doctor Moore held back a chuckle, shaking her head. "These things take time Mister Kaiba, and-"

Selina cried out, louder than ever, as a large pain washed over her. She had turned to gripping the sheets once more, and sweat was forming on her face - which was scrunched up in pain. Doctor Moore had taken this opportunity to exit the room and page for her team.

The cry died out, and Selina's breathing returned to a somewhat normal state. She forced a light smile, and glanced up at Kaiba's face. "Will you…be there?" she breathed, gasping slightly.

Kaiba swallowed, knowing where she wanted him to be. If there was anything Seto Kaiba was truly afraid of, it was being in the same room as a woman giving birth. However, the look on her face seemed to control his mind and he nodded his head. Hopefully, he would still have feeling left in his hands when this was all over.

~*~*~*~

Kaiba grunted, leaning against the wall, his foot tapping in impatience. He had been sent out of the room long ago - much to Selina's displeasure. Although, he was certain the pain was making her delirious. He wasn't sure what he felt at the moment - relief at not being in that room, yet anxiousness at not being with Selina.

Mokuba was sitting across from him, his wide violet eyes staring at his elder brother in wonder. He was always so calm, so collected. But at the moment, he looked like he had gone through hell and back. "Seto?"

Kaiba's foot stopped as his eyes turned towards his brother's face, his expression never changing.

Mokuba smirked, something that was unusual for the fourteen year old. Never had his brother been so disgruntled before, and in public. If only he had a camera… "She'll be okay," he smiled, nodding his head.

Kaiba smiled lightly, his ears perking up at a sound. Was that a-

"Congratulations Mister Kaiba, you have a son," a voice called through the door, bringing a small bundle with pink skin out to him.

Kaiba swallowed, his eyes emotionless, his face blank. He didn't know what to feel, how to react. For seven months, Selina had been pregnant, and for five of those months, he had known and waited. And here it was, a small baby, right before his eyes.

The young woman smiled at him and then at the tiny infant in her arms. "I was just about to go wash him up, would you care to join me? Your wife said you would want to."

Kaiba nodded mutely, following the woman down the hallway. His brain not registering that this was only one child, and Selina was still in pain, giving birth to yet another.

"You want to hold him?"

Kaiba blinked, staring at the woman and then at the child. A small grin appeared on his face as he accepted the bundle, his eyes staring down at the little one. He was tiny, that was certain. His eyes were wide as he stared silently up at his father, navy meeting navy. His small head was adorned in a shade of cinnamon, much like Selina's. "Hello," Kaiba whispered, his smile widening as the baby gurgled at him.

~*~*~*~

Selina's eyes slowly opened, everything feeling fuzzy. She sighed, blinking and clearing her vision. A faint smile was on her face as she looked around the room and noticing Kaiba's figure through the small window on the door. She closed her eyes, hearing him enter the room.

"Are they okay?" she whispered softly, listening to his gentle footsteps approaching her.

"See for yourself," he replied, causing her eyes to open.

"Seto, you're missing one," she smiled, taking the small boy from his father. "They took her to the emergency unit."

Kaiba grinned, bending down and kissing her forehead. "And she's fine. They moved her an hour ago."

Selina sighed in relief, sitting up slightly while she cradled the baby in her arms. "And what did you name her?"

"Don't you want to know what this little guy is named?"

"A little boy and a little girl; can you believe it?" she whispered, looking down at the infant who had fallen asleep. "I was afraid something was wrong when there wasn't any crying."

"I won't complain." Kaiba smirked, leaning back in his chair and smiling at his wife. "I love you Selina. And our children."

Selina smiled, tears forming in her eyes. "I…Seto," she whispered, reaching out for him.

"Yes?"

"You're amazing."

Kaiba chuckled, shaking his head as he tried to grasp her hand in his.

"What happened?" she asked, lifting his hand and glancing at the brace which was now attached to his left hand. "Did I…"

Kaiba smirked, standing and kissing her forehead once more. "It doesn't hurt; actually, I barely feel a thing," he teased, heading for the door. "I'll be back in a moment."

And he was, with another baby. Selina could see her friends behind the door when he reentered the room, and couldn't help but grin.

"Christine, say hello to your mother," he whispered, gently giving her to Selina and taking their son in his arms.

Selina gasped, tears forming in her eyes. "That was my mother's-"

"I know," Kaiba answered, his eyes sparkling in joy. "I know."

From behind the door, in the hallway, Selina's friends were having a discussion, some of them daring to make bets on it. Of course, those who were daring enough were only Joey and Tristan, who were then hit across the head by their wife, girlfriend, sister, or friend - which resulted in more than one.

"I still think Kaiba's-"

"Look at him Joey, does that really look like someone who doesn't want to be involved in their kids' lives?" Tea countered, her own hands wrapped around her abdomen.

"Well, it's Kaiba. I mean, he is getting nice and all, but it's still Kaiba," Joey said, shrugging.

"Big brother, really," Serenity sighed, shaking her head.

"What?"

"Excuse me," Mokuba said, pushing through the people and approaching the door. Without a word, he opened the door and entered the room, leaving the group standing in the hallway in curiosity.

"Hey Squirt," Selina said, looking up from the baby girl in her arms.

"Hi," Mokuba chirped, sitting on the edge of Selina's bed.

Kaiba smiled, watching the two start a conversation, their voices slightly hushed for fear of waking the infants. His eyes traveled down to his sons, and his heart swelled with pride. Those two large, innocent blue eyes were looking at him with wonder. In that moment, Kaiba knew he would give them the world.

~*~*~*~

Kaiba smiled down at his two children as he cradled them in his arms while he sat on the rocking chair in the nursery. He could still remember Selina's reaction when they had returned from the hospital, and was afraid she may faint as she was still somewhat tired and weak. He smirked, watching the expressions on his children's faces as they slept peacefully in his arms.

The dim light from the moon was peering in through the window as Kaiba closed his eyes. It was somewhere around one in the morning, and he had been up for two hours, and had finally succeeded in bringing the little ones to a state of slumber. Selina had instantly risen from the bed when she heard their cries, but Kaiba was already at the door and had told her to rest - which she did.

He sighed in contentment, rising from the chair and carrying the two infants to their cribs. This is what life was all about. Not business, money, fame, fortune, or anything of the sort. He realized he hadn't truly lived until he had married Selina. And now, he could say that he was definitely happy with where his life was. True, he hadn't been to work for two weeks, but even in the stressful situation of running a business, he would find the time to recall his family, and smile.

He stood for a moment, gazing down at his little girl before turning to his son. Only a year ago, he had signed a marriage contract. One year and a day, to be exact. He smiled, gently placing his son in his crib and placing the blanket over him. He was still smiling down at his children five minutes later when Selina joined him.

"Hey," she said softly, moving beside him and feeling his arms circle around her.

"I thought I told you to sleep," Kaiba whispered, kissing her head lightly.

"I did, but I woke up and found you missing. They're beautiful."

"They take after you."

Selina smiled, turning around in him arms and looking up at his navy eyes. "Seto," she whispered softly, her hands resting against his chest.

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

Kaiba blinked, his eyes leaving his children and focusing on his wife's earnest face. He cracked a smile, gently tucking her hair behind her ear, but he remained silent.

"I wanted to tell you earlier; I've wanted to tell you, but I-"

Kaiba silenced her, placing his lips lightly on hers. "I've known Selina. Your actions were enough, but I can't tell you how good it feels to hear it."

Selina smiled, receiving the kiss he offered her.

"Say it again."

She giggled softly, tilting her head back to gaze into his eyes. "I love you Seto Kaiba."

"And I love you, Selina Kaiba." He grinned, pulling her closer to him and bringing her head to his chest. "You know, yesterday was our anniversary."

"I know."

"We never celebrated."

"We were busy."

"Well, let's-"

A baby's cry interrupted his statement and he turned to frown slightly as his son. However, he felt himself being pushed towards the door.

"What are you doing?"

Selina smiled, kissing his chin. "Listen," she whispered, pointing to the crib. Kaiba did, finding complete silence. "He knew we were there, and so he was playing the crying card."

Kaiba chuckled lightly, gentle closing the door and staring down at his wife. Her cinnamon hair was pushed behind her shoulders, revealing the remnants of a scar on her shoulder. He remembered that scar. He lightly brushed her brow, his fingers trailing over another scar - the one that was a remnant of when she fell in her office.

"You were about to say something earlier."

Kaiba smirked, his hands grasping her shoulders as he led her away from the door. "I was going to say we should celebrate, while our children are asleep."

Selina eyed him, shaking her head lightly. In a matter of seconds, she found herself wrapped in his strong arms and seated across his lap. He had claimed her lips briefly, before moving down to her neck. She closed her eyes in ecstasy as her heartbeat quickened, beating in time with his own.