Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Coffee Shop: Love in the Strangest Places ❯ The Announcement ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any Yugioh characters. Although I wish I did because then they would do very naughty things I can't mention.. Joking... hehe. Anyway, don't worry, this story isn't true. If it were true, I'd be very, very… shocked? No, I'd probably laugh.

Warning: This story has a few things that might offend a few people! Don't worry! Just read the chappie and you'll understand it's nothing to get mad about.

Light, cameras, millions of people awaiting his BIG news. The sweat in his hands made it hard to hold the one instrument that would let the whole world know. He licked his dry lips and continued to stare at the thousands of people watching him, let alone the millions of other people tuned into their TVs or computers. For the first time in his life, Seto Kaiba cursed technology. How did he get into this mess anyway?

FLASHBACK

"Seto!" whined Mokuba. "Please! Just this once!"

"No, Mokuba," Seto had said, the tone in his voice threatening, but only to others who weren't his little brother.

"Why not?" Mokuba continued to whine.

Seto growled; he knew Mokuba was starting to reach his state of tantrum. First it was a small plea, then it turned into whines, and the final stage kicking and screaming at the top of his lungs. "Because you're 12 years old! Now get off of that thing!"

"NOOOOOOOO! I'M NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU GIVE ME A QUARTER!" Mokuba screamed at the top of his lungs, stubbornly gripping onto the rope.

"I told you once, and I'll tell you again, get off of that stupid horse!" Seto was beginning to boil up as he stared at the kicking Mokuba.

"BUT, BIG BROTHER! IT'S ONLY A QUARTER! PLEASE LET ME RIDE IT!" Mokuba begged, still yelling at the top of his lungs. People were giving strange stares at the two as Mokuba pulled on the reins and kicked his legs.

"Mokuba," Seto fiercely whispered to the younger boy, "people are starting to stare. Now be a good little boy and get off of that damn horse."

"NO! I'LL GET OFF OF THE DAMN HORSE IF YOU LET ME RIDE IT! PLEASE LET ME RIDE IT! I WANNA RIDE IT! I WANNA RIDE IT!"

"MOKUBA! RIDING THINGS ARE FOR WOMEN AND GAY MEN!" Seto yelled, out of frustration.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH GAY MEN?" Mokuba yelled back.

"GAY MEN ARE STUPID PRISSIES THAT SHOULDN'T BE RIDING THE MANY THINGS THEY DO!" Seto screamed his face a burning red. By now, everyone in the store was staring at the two, very shocked at Seto's words. When Seto calmed down and realized what he had said and where he had said it, he took Mokuba's hand and led him out of the building.

"Wow, big brother," Mokuba said, amazed. "I can't believe you said that, especially-"

"This is all your fault," Seto blamed. He didn't mean to say what he had said; he only said it to get Mokuba off of the toy horse.

"My fault? Why is it my fault?" Mokuba asked. Seto didn't have to say those words, especially in front of all those people at THAT building.

"You shouldn't be concerned with that. Now get in the limousine and stay quiet," Seto ordered as the black limo pulled up to the two. The chauffeur opened the door for the CEO and his little brother.

"Please enjoy the ride," said the chauffeur as he closed the door for Seto.

Seto didn't respond, he just thought to himself, "Dammit, what have I gotten myself into?"

END OF FLASHBACK

That whole previous week, Seto's picture and words were in the news everywhere. He couldn't walk ten feet without an ambush of reporters attacking him.

/I guess that's what you get, Seto. Speaking without thinking, especially at the Domino City's KVTV Channel 7 News Station, the biggest news channel in Japan. /

Seto was in a big predicament. Everyone in the world, including the Amish, thought he hated gays. Instead of people praising him, they insulted him and flipped him the birdie. His only defense was that he had nothing against gays; in fact, he thought gay people could hold up a better conversation than straight people could. He didn't want the whole world to think he discriminated against gay people, and the only way to try to clear his name would be what his little brother suggested…

FLASHBACK

"Mokuba, that's crazy!" Seto declared.

"Think about it, Seto. If everyone thinks you're gay, then they won't hate you anymore!" Mokuba said, trying to persuade his brother.

"Why would they not hate me anymore?" Seto asked, knowing that Mokuba had no reasonable answer for his question.

"Think about it big brother! They hate you because they think you hate gay men! If you came out as a gay man, then they couldn't hate you anymore!" he tried to explain.

"Why is that?" Seto laughed inside as he saw his flustered brother.

"Seto! Stop making this harder than it really is!" Mokuba complained.

Trying to be a good big brother and thinking he had nothing to lose except his company, reputation, and money, Seto agreed, "Alright. I'll make a big announcement on Domino's Sunday Evening Edition." Seto knew that on Domino's Sunday Evening Edition, all of Japan would be watching. He also knew that once word got out that he would be announcing some big news concerning this whole controversy that the whole world would be watching.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Damn Mokuba and his crazy ideas," Seto cursed. He had definitely regretted agreeing to his little brother's plans. Seto knew there was a chance that the world would forgive him, but that there was an even greater chance that they would hate him even more. Willing to take the risk, Seto took a deep breath.

Lifting the slippery microphone to his mouth, Seto said the three words that would change his life forever. "I AM GAY."

TBC..

So? How'd you like it? If you didn't like this first chapter, it'll only get better! Besides, it hasn't even gotten to the Yaoi yet! Plz review so I know you guys like it or hate it. I'm open for any suggestions… oh! And if you do like this story, please recommend it to your friends!!

Tchao!