Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Coffee Shop: Love in the Strangest Places ❯ The Acquaintance ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thank you to all those people who reviewed! Well, it was only one person so far.. but I'm sure more of you have reviewed since then, right?? Oh well.. I can't wish for a miracle. Um.. my disclaimer.. right…

I do not own any Yugioh character or any other thing mentioned in this story that is already owned.

Warning: Yes. I am warning you about this chappie… In this chap, Seto is "reduced to a weakling that can't even control his emotions". This story does get better later on, so if you don't like this chapter, plz continue to read my story! Also, tell my why you don't like it!!!!!

In The Coffee Shop, a young man around the age of 22 was sitting quietly at a small table. A woman dressed in black pants and a forest green shirt came up to the customer.

"The usual, Mr. Yamaguchi?" asked the waitress.

"Yes," confirmed the man. As the waitress started to walk away he called out to her, "And please Ms. Juri, call me Yami." The woman blushed and hurried away with his order.

With a faint smile on his lips, Yami turned his attention to the small television in the opposite corner of his table. This coffee bar he visited every morning before work was too poor to afford nicer televisions. Wondering what was playing on the small unit, Yami stood up from his seat and walked over it. Knowing he wouldn't get in trouble, he reached up to the volume knob and twisted it clockwise, the voices becoming louder and louder the more he twisted.

"… Had said on KVTV Channel 7 News Sunday Evening Edition, causing an uproar among gays and lesbians of today. The CEO of Kaiba Corp had earlier been accused of gay discrimination, if this is an act of truth or an act of forgiveness, we will never know. For further information, please go to our web site at WorldWideNews.net [this site is made up at the top of my head. I don't know if it is real, but if it is I do not own it!]. Still to come, three-headed dog was found at…"

Yami turned the knob counterclockwise and watched the television screen as it went from a picture of a very nervous, yet beautiful, blue-eyed brunette to a three-headed dog. "Here's your coffee, two teaspoons of sugar and extra cream." The woman, known as Juri, had come back holding a black mug in her hand as she set it on the nearest table. "So, you heard about Seto Kaiba?"

"Seto Kaiba?" Yami asked, clueless of everything.

"It's ironic; you would think the great columnist, Yami Yamaguchi, would know about the great duelist and icon, Seto Kaiba," Juri said, smirking.

"Great duelist and icon? Who is this…, Seto Kaiba?" Yami was now starting to become curious. Did everyone know who this man was or was Juri, being her strange and obsessive self, only know him.

"Mr. Yama- I mean, Yami, you're so funny. Seto Kaiba was that man on the news," she said.

"You mean, that brunette they were talking about who was accused of gay discrimination?" Yami asked, the pieces starting to fall together. This Seto Kaiba must really be great. Only the top celebrities and governors could speak on the Sunday Evening Edition. How come he'd never heard of this appealing azure-eyed man before? Yes, those blue eyes… they were very cold and hard, yet, uneasiness was about them.

"Are you listening to me?" Came a voice, bringing Yami back his little… um, thought.

"Huh?" he intelligently said, looking down at the agitated woman.

"I asked," Juri said, teeth clenched, "would you like to sit down and talk with me?"

"Oh! Um," not up to talking, Yami looked at his watch and pretended to be running late, "Oh, dear! I'm gonna be late for work if I don't start going. Can I bring this with me? Thank you, I'll return it tomorrow!" he called back, holding the mug in one hand while waving with his other.

Juri stood there, shaking her head in disapproval at the retreating man. She knew that Yami had another forty-five minutes before he had to be at work. "One of these days, he's gonna get kicked in the head so hard he'll never know what hit him. Until then, I'll just sit back and watch," Juri said, a grin on her youthful face.

Seto was running late for work; George, his chauffeur, had refused to drive him anywhere. What number was that? Oh, right, number 1,892,456,273 on his "People That Hate Me List". Wow did that list expand within the past week.

Seto sighed as he pulled his baseball cap farther down his face, covering his eyes. He knew it was foolish to walk with the ground as his only reminder of where he was, but he couldn't help it. If he saw another person look at him in disgust, he'd burst into flames and burn all of Japan into ash.

Smirking at his own ingenious thought, Seto continued to stare at the ground. The bend in the pavement let him know that a turn was coming up. Hoping that no one was stupid enough to get in his way, Seto sharply turned the corner and.. "Umf!" He had run into something solid, causing him to take a few steps back.

The sound of someone smacking against the pavement was heard. With curiosity as to what he had hit, Seto slowly raised the rim of his cap. What he had seen was very unexpected, and a little breathtaking.

There he was, the most beautiful man Seto had ever seen, well, considering Seto was NOT gay. Blonde, black, and red hair was spiked up in many directions. Slim legs were covered in snug, black slacks, while the upper half was clothed in a loosely fit dress shirt. Despite all those wonderful things, the one that caught Seto's attention the most, was the young man's eyes; they were a deep purple- almost black and red at the same time.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going," Seto apologized. Apologized? He apologized? Never had Seto apologized, well, only to his brother and this man…

"No, it's my fault. I was in such a rush I wasn't paying attention, either," the fallen man had said. Seto offered his hand as the beautiful man graciously took it.

"Can I repay you in any way?" Seto asked, looking down at the mess. Black pieces of glass were scattered everywhere, while a brown substance stained the ground.

"Oh, I didn't realize," Yami whispered. He knew he had really done it now. Not only was that mug not his, but he'd have to return in a plastic bag.

"I can buy you a new mug, a-and," Seto was trying to find more excuses, no, reasons on spending time with this stranger, "I could buy you more coffee. There's this great little coffee bar a few blocks from here, I could take you, if you want."

Yami had looked up into the man's eyes for the first time. His eyes widened in shock as he realized who it was. Realizing that… Seto, was blushing, Yami cleared his throat, "Are you asking me out on a date?"

Seto could feel his face heat up even more. Why was he acting this way? He's never been reduced to such a weakling who can't even control his emotions! But those amethyst eyes just kept calling to him, "Um, maybe, it depends if you want to or not. Don't worry, this bar is great. I think the name is The Coffee Shop, it's not the nicest but the coffee's great. Oh, and if you order…"

Yami started to zone Seto out. The Coffee Shop? He surely didn't want to be within 100 feet of that place for the rest of his life! Disappointed that he wouldn't be able to talk to this man that has been on his mind since earlier, Yami politely declined, "I'm sorry. I would love to go and drink coffee with you, but-"

"You have a girlfriend. I understand," Seto knew that a man like him was already taken, but at least he tried.

"No, actually," Seto looked back at him. The man had a smile on his face as he chuckled. A lump formed in Seto's throat as he heard that blissful sound. "I don't have a girlfriend. I'm prefer men," the stranger confessed to him. The lump grew bigger out of fear. Does that mean he's gay? This man must have heard about my little… incident. Dammit! Some week this is… this must be my punishment for all the cruel things I've done! Why now of all times? Everything that seems to be going good just BAM! falls back down.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I can't go, it's just I'm very busy with work and all. If you'd like to get together some other time, like for pizza or… coffee, I can give you my phone number," Yami wasn't sure what had happened to Seto. The younger man just spaced out for a few seconds there.

Seto gave a small smile to the smaller man, "I'd like that. I'm also busy with work and all, too. If you give me your phone number I can call you and we can make arrangements." Maybe there was still hope. Something about this man just intrigued Seto like no one ever before. He wasn't sure if it was his kindness in such a time in Seto's life, or if it was the way this man looked at him. Those eyes burning into his own, it gave Seto shivers every time he looked at the other.

"Do you have paper that I can write on?" asked Yami. He knew Seto kept going into his thoughts, but time was running out before he had to be at work.

"Um, yeah," Seto stupidly responded. Digging into this pocket, Seto pulled out his palm pilot. Quickly scrolling through the gadget, he handed the instrument to Yami. "Just write down your phone number as if you were writing on paper," Seto advised.

Carefully observing the other man, Seto licked his lips. He knew it was silly to be thinking this, but Seto wanted his new acquaintance, hopefully soon-to-be more, to look at him like he was looking at the hand held. The expression of concentration, as if it was the most important thing in the world, made Seto thirst for the same look of importance.

"Here you go," Yami said, smiling. "I hope you call me very soon." With those words Yami started to turn around, but before he could start to walk, a question stopped him.

"What's your name?"

Without looking at the younger man, Yami answered with a smirk, "Yami Yamaguchi."

Seto stood there as he kept replaying his name over and over in his head. "Yami Yamaguchi."

With his own smirk, Seto continued to walk towards Kaiba Corp thinking… /Damn, Mokuba and his stupid plans! Not only do more people hate me, but also I think what I told the whole world yesterday was true. Maybe I am gay. /

TBC..

Did Kaiba just admit that maybe he is gay? O.o

I know this chapter was dumb.. but plz review anywayz. I'd appreciate if at least a few people enjoyed it and wanted me to continue.. well.. until the next chappie.. Tchao!