Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Coffee Shop: Love in the Strangest Places ❯ Seto's Ingenius Idea ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any YGO characters and this story is only fiction. Snicker, if only it was real.

Warning: There's a little bit of gay discrimination, but only to Seto; I have nothing against gay people, I love them! If I did . . . why would I be writing this story in the first place?

People were giving him dirty looks everywhere he went. He had hoped that his little brother's plan would work, but having the bad luck he's been getting lately, it didn't. He could remember it as if it was yesterday; but it only happened yesterday. Seto growled at his loss of sanity, making passer byers give him even more disgusted looks.

FLASHBACK

Lifting the slippery microphone to his mouth, Seto said the three words that would change his life forever. "I AM GAY."

What happened next was definitely what he had not expected. Seto was expecting, actually hoping, for all the cameras to start flashing, everyone in the crowd and at home either cheering or jeering him. Instead, all he got was… well, nothing. Everyone's face was in "AW" and there was no sign of movement. To break the silence, Seto repeated, "I am gay."

He guessed hearing something for the second time really helped for this time he got what was expected. First it was a small rustle of "Boo's", but soon enough it turned into world participation. All Seto could hear were the "Fuck you's" and the "If you're gay, suck on this!" Without hesitation, Seto walked off the stage with dignity. He knew that he was screwed and there was nothing he could do about it, except wait a couple of days until this whole mess blew over and people became uninterested, once again worshipping his every step.

As Seto walked off the stage, his brother, Mokuba, gave him a hug around his waist. "I'm sorry, Seto! I thought it would make everyone like you again!"

"It's okay, Mokuba," Seto comforted, although he knew it wasn't okay, "They're just all stupid pricks that shouldn't even walk the planet." Hey, he couldn't let them get away for making his brother sad.

"But, Seto," Mokuba looked up, a frown on his face. "What are you going to do?"

"Don't worry, Mokuba, I have it all planned out," he lied. His only hope was for everyone to be good human beings and pretend this never happened.

END OF FLASHBACK

Of course today was only the first day after his announcement, so as predictable as everyone was, they glared or called him names as he walked by them. That's when Seto had the great idea of buying a baseball cap when he passed by a small sports store. (Seto, you are a genius). But since EVERYONE knew about his fiasco, the male clerk (who looked completely straight, but you never know these days) gave him a fifty-dollar raise in price. So now there he was fifty dollars poorer than he should've been (not like it matters since I have enough money to buy the whole damn world if I wanted to).

.

The only thing that barely kept him sane was the thought of Yami Yamaguchi. Try saying that ten times fast: Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi, Yami Yamaguchi. Yami seemed different from everyone else he knew. The first clue to that was his eyes definitely the eyes. They had an aura about them that wasn't as harsh as everyone else's did. That simple clue gave Seto the idea that Yami didn't know who he really was, or maybe he just didn't care . . .

The second clue was that Yami never asked for his name. Wouldn't he want to know the person-he-gave-his-phone-number-to's name? This gave Seto the idea that Yami either didn't care who he was just thought he was hot, or he already knew . . . But if he knew, that would mean that he must hate him, too! Yami did mention that he preferred men, so he must know all about Seto's "news".

Why would Yami still want to be him if he knew about it, though? Or, Yami could've planned this whole thing! Maybe he knew that Seto had to walk to work since his chauffeur wouldn't drive him and taxi's are a definite no. If Yami knew, then he could've planned to walk around that corner at the exact moment Seto did, giving him the perfect chance to make "arrangements" with him. Maybe Yami wanted money or fame, either one would give him power. But would he do all of this? He wouldn't, right?

Stopping to check where he was, Seto noticed a small store that read "Ayako's Wig World" on the window. In the display were all different kinds of wigs, black ones, blonde ones, even green ones. Seto shuddered at the thought of green hair. Deciding to browse through the store, despite the green wig, he pushed open the glass door and a bell sounded.

Hoping that no one would come to assist him, Seto hid behind a rack of wigs. Making sure no one came; Seto slowly peered around a bush of red hair to stare at the register. No one was there. With relief, Seto sighed and looked down at the mop of hair he was holding.

"Kenshin," Seto read. "Who the hell is Kenshin?" Deciding to try on this "Kenshin" wig, Seto pulled it off of its resting-place and pulled around his head. All he saw was red, then Seto realized he had it on backwards to he twisted to the wig around until he could see again. Finding a mirror, he admired himself in the mirror. His blue eyes seemed to match the red hair.

Wanting to try on another wig, Seto pulled off the "Kenshin" one and looked around the small shop. He read the names of all different kinds of wigs, "Goku, Duo, Vash, Shuichi, Cloud, Naruto…" Seto was amazed with how many wigs there were. Wait a second . . . looking at all these wigs gave Seto a very good plan. A very good one indeed. Seto, you are a genius.

TBC…

I hoped you liked that chapter! Please Review! I want you to tell me what wig you'd like to see Seto wearing! I'm open for any suggestions, just give me the name of the person and the anime!