Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Coffee Shop: Love in the Strangest Places ❯ The Club ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Um, I don't own any Yugioh characters….

Warning: Bad English Dub Names…

It was 8:57, three minutes until Tea was to arrive honking her horn. Tonight would be the first time he'd go to a club. He wasn't one for the loud music, bodies pressed against you, and the smell of cigarettes. His type of place was quiet, barely anyone around you, and the smell of coffee and baking pies, a café. Another thing that he wasn't too sure about tonight was if he'd actually meet anyone. He really wanted to get to know Seto, but what if met someone else? Deciding to take whatever comes to him and go with the flow, Yami sighed and peeked out the window.

HONK! HONK!

A red sedan was parked outside of Yami's house. He grabbed his keys and walked out the door, after locking it of course.

"Hey, you're looking good," Tea commented as Yami sat down in the passenger seat. "I like the leather pants."

"These are from high school. I'm surprised I still fit them."

Tea laughed. She used to have the biggest crush on Yami in high school; used to being the key words. Yami doesn't intrigue her anymore. He used to be more outgoing and fun back in high school, but ever since he finished college early, he's been boring. Most of his time was spent either at work or at The Coffee Shop.

"Yami? Do you miss high school?"

"What do you mean?" Yami asked, puzzled.

"Do you miss our friends? Or when we used to hang out?"

"What are you talking about? We still see our friends and we always hang out. Right now we're hanging out."

Out of frustration, Tea sighed. "We still see Joey! But that's only because he's our boss. I haven't even heard from Tristan or Bakura. Yami, we don't really hang out much. This is the first time we've seen each other outside of work in four months. You're always at that café."

"I'm sorry, but I just don't like `hanging out' that much. I like The Coffee Shop, because I can relax there without being hassled about my articles or my personal life."

"Well, someone has to nag you or you wouldn't go anywhere in life."

"That's why you're in my life, and that's why I'm on my way to a club with you."

"Yep! You better meet someone or every single day for the rest of your life we're going to go out until you DO meet someone. I don't care about Seto Kaiba or any other hunky pants you're hiding in your closet, you're going to find someone, talk to them, and get with them. Got it?"

Yami knew that Tea's mind was set, and once it was, there was no changing it. "Hunky pants?"

"Don't make fun of my talk, mister," Tea smiled.

"I'm not- just HUNKY PANTS?" They both broke out in laughter.

The rest of the ride was quiet as Tea pondered on her life and Yami wondered what would happen if he did what Tea told him to do.

The lights of downtown Domino lit up the whole street. People walked along the sidewalks with excitement and joy on their faces. Yami's stomach was fluttering with butterflies as Tea slowed down to a club's valet parking. They got out of the car and a big sign glowed above him.

"The Forbidden Fruit," Yami whispered. He shook his head at whatever mess he was going to get himself into.

There was a line of people waiting outside the bright purple doors.

"Come on. Lets go to the front," pulling him along, Tea pushed her way through the anticipating teens.

"May I have your name," asked a man wearing all black. He was holding a clipboard with a list of names in front of him.

"Yamaguchi Yami," Tea told the man. She gave Yami a reassuring look as the man scanned his list.

"Did you say your name was Yamaguchi Yami?" the man asked, looking up.

"He's Mr. Yamaguchi," she pointed.

"Your name isn't on the list," spoiled the guard.

"I know, but-"

"BUT since you're so well known around here, I'll let you two go in." The red ropes blocking the entrance were removed and Tea excitedly pulled Yami. Before Yami could completely enter, the man grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. Both confused, Tea and Yami looked at each other and then the man. "Before you leave for your night, may I get your autograph? Your articles have inspired me and my wife."

Yami looked at Tea once again with confusion. She nodded her head and he replied, "Sure."

"Thank you." The man let go and Tea continued her navigation through the front doors.

Once inside the club, Tea let go of Yami's hand and disappeared through the crowd yelling back to him, "I'm going off to dance! The bar is straight and the tables are to your right! Have fun and don't forget what I said!"

Before Yami could protest, she was gone. `Damn it' he thought. `Alright Yami, you're on your own; bar is straight and the tables are right.' With confidence seeping away and fear replacing it, he made his way straight. The music was blasting into his ears and it was nearly impossible to squeeze through the growing crowd. Every now and then he'd feel a hand on his rear and a voice whisper in his ear, "Hey, baby. Want to go to the bathrooms for some fun?" He'd ignore all the invitations and continue walking straight.

With relief of making it to the bars without getting completely sexually harassed, Yami sat down on one of the cushioned stools. As he looked around, he noticed the bar was in the middle of the area. It's and the disco balls overhead were the only light in the club.

"What can I get for you, dear?" came a voice. Yami turned and a woman wearing a purple shirt with a short, black skirt was slowly drifting her eyes up his body until she got to his eyes. He heard a breath of intake.

"May I just have a water?" he asked, embarrassed at the attention.

"Anything for you, dear," she smirked.

The bartender reminded Yami of a more forthcoming Juri. He decided that he'd rather sit at a table away from this more "sociable" Juri. The area of tables didn't look much different from the dance floor. Scanning for an empty place to sit among the crowded area, Yami laid his eyes on him. There at a table in the corner, a redhead was sitting alone. He was too far away to make out any other features.

"Here's your water, dear," announced the familiar voice. Yami turned and grabbed his glass, little did he see the woman smiling, mischievously.

Being careful as not to spill his water, Yami once again squeezed his way through the crowd. Once again, he felt hands on his rear, and once again invitations were whispered into his ear. After seconds of "must be punishment for coming here", Yami came to a small clearing. He was wrong, the area of tables wasn't as crowded as the dance floor; convenient how things change like that.

Anywho, Yami tentatively stepped over to the occupied table. He cleared his throat and beautiful, alluring, and familiar blue eyes looked up at him. A look of surprise flitted across the redhead's face.

"May I sit here?" Yami asked, pointing at the opposite side of the booth.

The other's face grew almost as red as his hair.

"Sure."

TBC…

Bwahaha! Yes, I know, I'm evil. But there has to be some anticipation for the next chapter. If enough of you review on your thoughts of this chapter and what you think will happen next, I'll post the next chappie sooner than I originally plan to!