Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Coffee Shop: Love in the Strangest Places ❯ An Invitation ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any Yugioh characters..

Warning: SETO BLUSHING!

"What's your name?"

"Take your hand off my shoulder or I'll remove it myself."

"Please do . . . OW! Okay! Okay! I'm going."

Seto had only been here for ten minutes and two girls and five guys had already hit him on. Didn't they know their pathetic come-ons and moves would get them nowhere? The only reason he was here in the first place was to please his brother. He had no intentions of meeting anyone. By the way, how did his brother get him into another mess?

Flashback

"Seto! Why are you so happy?"

"I'm not happy."

"Who is she?"

"There is no `she'."

"Then who is HE?"

"Mokuba! Mind your own business."

"You know what I think your problem is?"

"No, and I don't want to know."

"I think you're lonely."

"Why would I be lonely? I'm surrounded 24/7 by a pest."

"Seto! I'm not a pest!"

"That's what you think."

"I think you need to find someone, Seto. Someone that you can talk to; someone special."

"Moku - "

"Listen Seto! Since a `pest' follows you 24/7 - "

"You're not a pest."

"I said listen! Since I follow you around all the time, I'm going to give you some time on your own. I want you to go out to a club and have some fun! Meet someone, okay?"

"Mokuba, I know you're trying to help me and all, but I don't need to go out. Besides, I think I've already m - "

"Please, Seto? You need to get out more!"

"I get out enough."

"Please."

"Don't do that face. No, stop with the face!"

"Please."

"Okay, I'll go. BUT ONLY since you want me to."

"Yea! Now you HAVE to wear this, also!"

"Where'd you get that?"

"From your suitcase."

"What were you doing in my suitcase?"

"Don't change the subject, Seto. You have to wear this if you're going to go out, okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't worry! You'll have fun big brother!"

End Flashback

"Damn that, Mokuba," Seto scowled. He knew it was a bad idea to come here, but it's hard to resist those big, brown eyes and that bottom lip that never fails to hang out. Sometimes he thought his brother was going to grow up to be smarter than him . . . which was very bad, especially since he was already terrifyingly intelligent . . .

Seto heard someone clear their throat. He looked up and met those amethyst eyes that had inveigled him earlier today.

"May I sit here?" Pointed the other man at the seat across from him.

Heat began to flush into Seto's cheeks. Horrifying thoughts entered his mind. If the other were to sit down with him, there'd be a chance that Seto would be recognized, and his whole relationship with the very beautiful symbol would be ruined. The idea of going out with this man as two different people would be weird enough. But maybe he didn't have to date the other as two personas. But then if he were to be discovered, it'd be awkward for the other to know that he's also Seto Kaiba.

BUT, he could pretend that he's not interested and just date this man as Seto, not as the man in a wig.

Of course Seto didn't consider that last part. Continuing to stare up at the awaiting man, Seto managed a simple, "Sure."

A smile curved onto the other's perfect face. Seto watched as he sat down across from him. "My name's Yami."

`I know' Seto almost blurted out. Holding himself together, he responded, "My name's - " Wait a second! He couldn't tell Yami his name was Seto. Quick, Seto think! Flashing to the name of the wig, Seto finished, "Himura."

"Himura," Yami repeated, grinning. Apparently he liked the name. "Do you come here often?"

Deciding to answer this truthfully, Seto replied, "No, this is my first time."

"Same here." Seto was relieved at this answer. He didn't want to date a `party animal'. He hated places with a lot of people, especially his business parties.

Realizing Yami was giving him a puzzling look Seto turned away. His cheeks began to heat up again.

"You remind me of someone," Yami said, continuing to stare at Seto with his eyebrows furrowed.

Hearing those words come from those pink lips, Seto winced. He knew that his true identity would come up, but he didn't expect this soon. "That's because I'm really - "

"Beautiful."

With amazement and shock, Seto slowly peered over into those deep purple eyes. Yep, his face began to burn even more than it was.

"Would you like to go somewhere else? I don't really like this place, too many people," Yami invited.

"Sure," Seto accepted the eighth invitation.

"I know this great café. It's very small and the cocoa is great," the other cheerfully suggested.

"Fine," Seto replied. Being around this man made his vocabulary shrink farther than a parrot's. At this rate, he'd soon begin to grunt.

Yami gave Seto a small look of confusion, but it soon disappeared as he stood up from the table and offered his hand.

Looking at the outstretched hand, his own hand lifted and placed itself in the new warmth. Without a backward glance, Seto was led from his seat and through the bundles of aroused people. Before anyone could touch him, the refreshing night air hit him.

"Leaving so soon?" sounded a voice from behind the fleeing two.

Stopping in mid tracks, Yami pulled Seto back towards the club doors. "Sorry, I almost forgot about your request."

Confusion entered Seto's mind as he turned around to face one of the security guards dressed in black. The built man was holding a pen and paper. The scene played out as Yami took the two objects and began to scribble something down. As Yami was busy with his task, Seto noticed the man in black was staring back at him with a smirk on his face. Did he know something that Seto didn't? Finishing, Yami returned the two items and the guard nodded his head and thanked him.

"What was that about?" Seto whispered as they walked away from the security guard and the line of youngsters.

"He just wanted me to give him an autograph before I left," Yami notified. A sigh of relief escaped from Seto's lips, as he now knew those scribbles weren't a phone number and thoughts of desire.

The two crossed the street before Seto advised, "We can go to this café in my car."

"No, it's okay. The place is only a few blocks away," Yami pushed away. "Besides, it's beautiful out."

Observing his surroundings, Seto noticed the city's lights created a bright, blissful atmosphere. Couples walked along the pavement, smiling and pointing at displays in the window. Occupants in cruising cars shouted cat-calls and hoots at passersby. Shining stars and the crescent moon lit up the sky. Pink lips, slightly tinted cheeks, sparkling amethyst orbs; Yami was right, it was beautiful out.

TBC . . .

Finally! It took me forever to figure out how to write out this chap! Well, since I have a whole week off from school, I have a lot more time to work on my stories. Plus, I already know how I'm going to write the next chap!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR REVIEWING!!! I APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE REVIEWS! PLZ CONTINUE TO COMMENT!!!!