Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Gate Keeper ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadowdragon85: Hey peeps! This story may seem a little weird a first but trust me it gets a lot better!

Hiei: Hnn. This is a stupid story onna.

Shadowdragon85: You're just jealous cause you're not in it

Hiei: -.-

Standard disclaimer applies here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ANCIENTEGYPT

High Priestess Isis stood outside the temple to the goddess Isis. It was almost noon and the Shadow Temple warriors were still waiting for the girl to show. `I hope she doesn't show just to spite them.' She thought, frowning at the warriors, `To think these are Temple warriors and they let a fifteen- year old girl best them. I mean, really, who ever heard of being cursed because you have blue eyes? And being born under an eclipse isn't a curse! Its just hap stance.'

"Excuse me Priestess." A young female voice brought her out of her thoughts and back into the waking world. Looking around, Isis saw a young woman, about fifteen years of age, standing before her. She had pale blue, crystal-clear, smiling eyes and wavy, shoulder-length, light brown hair with wildflowers woven into it. Her gown was a shimmery, pale blue, the exact same color of her eyes. "Can you tell me were my offering goes?" Isis then noticed the bouquet of wild flowers the young woman held in her hands.

Isis smiled at her. "Of course little sister. If you come with me, I will show you where you may place your offering."

The young woman smiled back at Isis. "Thank yo…" A shadow fell over them as a voice interrupted the young woman.

"Give the offering to the priestess, girl. You have more pressing duties at the moment." Looking behind the young woman, Isis saw one of the Shadow Temple warriors standing there with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. "You should be honored to be a sacrifice but as always you ran off before sunrise. Only this time you weren't able to hide from us. Now hurry up. The sun is almost at its zenith."

Isis was about to cut the arrogant warrior down for daring to force the maiden to leave before placing her offering on the alter when she felt something cool pressed into her hands. Looking down, she saw the young woman's bouquet in her own hands. Isis looked back at the maiden to find tears running down her face.

She spoke in a whisper so that only Isis could hear her. "Please pray for me, priestess." In a louder voice, she said, "Please place these at the alter for me seeing as I will be unable to do so." With that, the young woman turned and left with the warriors.

Isis stared after them, surprise written all over her face. `I can't believe she gave in so easily.' She thought. `Her soul is that of a fighter not… not a coward. I don't understand.' Suddenly a thought dawns on her. `Wait a second! If she is the sacrifice, her soul should be dark but hers… hers is as pure as a cloud. Any priest or priestess should be able to see that.' A wind picked up around Isis. One of the temple priestesses caught the forgotten bouquet as it drifted pass. Worshippers could hear indictable voices in the wind. Those that saw the High Priestess stared in fear, as the unnatural wind did not touch her. Some were confused at the thoughtful expression on her face. Isis shook her head. `No one deserves to die like that, least of all her. Goddess Isis, watch over her and keep her safe.'

"We can help you if you really want to help the maiden." Isis started as voices whispered in her ear.

"Who's there!"

"Gather the Pharaoh and High Priest and go to the alter of the Shadow creatures, High Priestess" one voice told her. "The maiden has been chosen. She will not die today."

"Who are you? How can I trust you?" Isis asked.

"If you do not trust us then we won't be able to help her" a second voice explained. "Consider us a way to grant your prayer, High Priestess."

"You must hurry." Said a third voice. "There isn't much time"

"Run Priestess" they told her. "Run if you want a chance to save the chosen one!!" As the voices faded, Isis ran for the palace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Isis burst into the throne room where the Pharaoh and the High Priest were in the middle of an argument.

"Seth it doesn't concern us," the pharaoh was saying. "Unless those fools try to sacrifice the Gate Keeper we can not stop them. Believe me, I have tried already."

"I know Yomi but the Blue Eyes White Dragon has been acting strangely for the last four years," the High Priest, Seth, told the Pharaoh. "And you know that there has been no sacrifice in four years. What if those fools actually have the Gate Keeper and don't know it?"

"Yomi…Seth…I need…your help!" Isis exclaimed, catching her breath. Seeing her they both hurried to her side.

"Isis what happened?" Yomi asked as Seth gave her a cup of water. Taking a sip, she told them what happened at the temple.

"That's why there have been no sacrifices in four years." She explained. "The girl keeps running away. And if the voices I heard are telling the truth then she is the Gate Keeper. We have to hurry and stop the sacrifice!" Saying that she turned and ran out of the room with Yomi and Seth on her heals.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Reaching the alter, Yomi, Seth, and Isis see the maiden being literally dragged, kicking and screaming, up the steps. "Feisty" Seth compliments as Yomi steps forward.

"Release Her At Once!!" He orders as an unnatural wind picks up once more. Everyone at the ceremony turned to see the Pharaoh, High Priest and High Priestess near the bottom of the alter stairs. Noticing that her captors aren't paying attention, the young woman elbowed one in the gut while stepping on the other's foot. As they stepped away from her, she ran down the steps to the three who had come to her rescue. Overhead pitch-black clouds appeared. As she neared the bottom, she stepped wrong, twisted her ankle and fell to the ground.

"I REFUSE TO LET YOU ESCAPE ME AGAIN BRAT!!" Roared a disembodied voice as a red bolt of lightning appeared and raced toward her. "THIS TIME YOU WILL DIE!!!"

"Somebody Help Me Please!!" She cried, tears running down her face from the pain, as the lightning bolt got closer. "I Don't Want To Die!!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shadowdragon85: Ooooo! A cliffy! Well I guess you will have to wait till the next chapter to find out what happens next! Please review! I'd like to hear your thoughts and opinions!