Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Gate Keeper ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadowdragon85: This part is so gooooood!

Standard disclaimer applies here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Somebody Help Me Please!!" She cried, tears running down her face from the pain and from fear, as the lightning bolt got closer. "I Don't Want To Die!!" Just before it hit her, three different colored lights surrounded the girl. Three gentle, big-brotherly voices spoke to her.

"Do not worry little one." They said. "We are here. He can no longer harm you." Opening her eyes, the maiden saw Obelisk the Tormentor, Slifer the Sky Dragon, and the Winged Dragon of Ra surrounding her, shielding her from danger. "HOW DARE YOU ATTACK THE PRINCESS!!!!" Obelisk yelled.

"THIS WILL NOT GO UNPUNISHED!!" Hollered Slifer.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!!" Roared the Winged Dragon. As one they attacked banishing the whatever-it-was back to the Shadow Realms. In a flash of light the three God beasts disappeared and in their places stood three young men. One had golden blond hair, another had blood red hair, and the last had midnight blue hair. Yomi, Seth, and Isis hurry over to find out what had happened as goldie-locks picks up the young girl. "Are you alright princess?" He asks.

"I…I'm fine." She told him. "Who…who are you?"

Laughing the golden haired man explained, "We are your guardians. Now why don't you tell me your name, little one?"

"It's Elena." Cuddling up against him, she let out a yawn. "Thank…you" she told him, falling off to sleep.

Smiling he placed a kiss on her forehead. "Rest now little princess. A great destiny awaits when you awaken." Looking up he saw the Pharaoh, High Priest, and High Priestess standing behind the two other men who were refusing to let them pass. "Brothers let them through." Seeing their worried looks when they saw Elena he said, "Do not worry. Our mistress only sleeps. Summoning us took a lot of her energy."

Seth, who had sensed a large burst of energy before the god beasts appeared, began testing the barrier as Isis and Yomi watch the strange men. "Who are you and what is going on here?!!" Yomi ordered.

"Yomi! The barrier!" Seth exclaimed. "Somehow it is being strengthened but I can't locate the source."

"Are you positive High Priest?" Yomi asked.

"Aye Pharaoh. There is no doubt. Some how the Gate Keeper has tapped into the barrier and is strengthening it."

While Yomi and Seth are talking, Isis watches the three men and the young girl. Suddenly she remembers a dream she had the night after Yomi had created the barrier.

~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~

Isis stood before a group of strangers inside the temple of Ra. A man stepped forward and beckoned her to come closer. "Daughter" he said. "Do you know why we brought you here?"

One of the women behind him whacked him across the head. "Ra, don't be an idiot. If she knew then she wouldn't be here before us." Isis could hear snickering from the others present. The woman turned to Isis. "Daughter, a maiden was born today when the pharaoh banished the creatures to the Shadow Realm. Because of this, she is both physically and spiritually bound to the barrier that separates your realm from the Shadow Realm. But a great evil does not want her to live. It will try to destroy her."

"You have the task of finding and protecting her so that the barrier shall remain intact." Ra stated.

"I do not understand. How can the barrier be destroyed?" Isis asked. "I thought that is was indestructible."

"If the maiden is sacrificed on the alter of Shadows, the barrier will fall." He explained. "Her blood is the key to its destruction"

A second woman stepped forward. In her hands she held a rosewood box inscribed with hieroglyphs. "Daughter, when you have found the child, I ask that you give this to her. She will have need of the items within." Placing the box in Isis's hands, she told her, "You will find it on your pillow when you awake."

"How will I find her? I know not what she looks like, only that she is but a babe."

"Fate will decide the time and place, daughter." The first woman explained. "You will know when you have found her."

~~~~~~~End Flashback~~~~~~~

Looking to her companions, Isis noticed that Yomi and Seth had gotten into another argument. "Yomi, Seth! Quit bickering like two five year olds!" She ordered. Ignoring their shocked faces, she turned to the strangers. "Thank you for protecting the Gate Keeper, my friends. I presume you are her guardians?"

"You are correct High Priestess," the one with midnight blue hair said. "I do believe you are the one the gods spoke with about our mistress."

"I am, and before you ask. Yes, I do have the rosewood box that belongs to her."

"Brothers" golden hair said looking at the other two.

"We know brother. The princess cannot come with us." The redhead replied sadly. Turning to Yomi, the redhead said, "Pharaoh, we leave our mistress in your care. Train her to wield her powers and above all keep her safe from those that would do her harm. They will try again." As he spoke Blondie walked forward and placed Elena in Seth's arms. Turning, he and his brothers disappeared.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Months go by and everyone grows accustom to having Elena in the palace. Yomi teaches her the ways of court, Seth helps her control her newfound powers, and Isis and Yugi, Yomi's lover, play the roles of the big brother and big sister. Though they don't understand why she does it, they have also grow accustom to her habit of disappearing once a month.

Yugi is walking to the dinning hall for lunch when he sees Elena in the garden sitting by one of the fountains. `That's right! Tonight is the new moon. I guess this is where she disappears to each month'

"Are you just going to stare or would you like to talk about something Yugi?" She asks without looking up from the water. Startled Yugi joins her at the fountain.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shadowdragon85: Hehehehe!!! That's all for now. See you next time!