Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart an History of the Pharaoh ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~After a lot of hard work and many nights of less sleep, here is the new and improved fanfic. Thank you very much for reading. Here you are! WARNING: CHARACTERS WILL GET OOC (out of character)~*~

DISCLAIMER: I do not own anything, besides my original characters and plot.

"blah"= talking

`blah'=thinking

(blah)= author's note to make you laugh

~ = to show where the original draft/chapters ended. It also serves as a break in the story.

~*~ = my beginning and ending notes are enclosed in this. Also, jumps in the story are marked with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Heart and History of the Pharaoh

The forest was nice and quiet, not a soul in sight. A small group of four men and one woman traveled around throughout the darken trees. The blond haired one suddenly let out a huge yawn. "I'm starvin! Don't they have any hot dog stands or Ramen booths or something on this island?"

"Sorry Joey," said the smallest one. "We already found that out eight star chips ago."

"Ohh! This is too much!" Joey stared to whine.

The girl spoke. "Shut up you guys! Do you all hear something?"

"Yeah. I think I hear something over that way," pointed the male with brown pointy hair.

The group started traveling in the direction of what they though the sound came from. When they reached a small cliff, Joey's mouth went right to the ground. "A night club?! Here?! Well then, far be it for me to go grab some grub!" He then ran off in the direction of the "night club" while the others ran to keep up.

"Joey, slow down!" the small one yelled.

"Don't bother, Yugi. When it comes to food, there's no stopping Joey."

"You're right, Téa."

Sighing, the rest of the group followed Joey into the club and immediately found him at a table digging in to a huge amount of food.

"Joey! How are you going to pay for that?!?"

"Can't you read the sign, Tristan? It says Duelist's eat for free. And this lovely glove here says I'm a duelist. Hehe." And he continued to dig in.

The crew all sweat dropped but sat down while shaking their heads at their friend. A waitress come over to them and smiled. "Can I get you anything?"

"Umm, how bout a round of cokes, please?"

"Right away sir." Giving them another smile, she walked off to fill the order.

While they were settling down, a man walked over to the microphone on stage. "Welcome Duelists to the Mystic Elf Night Lounge. Everything is on the house. And for your entertainment, Master Pegasus has personally selected this wonderful young singer from the main land. Everyone, please put your hands together for Miss Daniela France!"

The entire room burst out clapping, so hard it seemed their hands were going to fall off.

Shrugging, Téa turned to the stage. "This girl must be pretty good."

Suddenly, both Joey and Tristan stared at the stage. The white haired boy named Bakura looked to their line of vision. "Oh my.."

Yugi looked up and was spell bonded. The girl who walked on stage was beautiful. She had long blond hair, deep brown eyes, and a wonderful smile. Miss France walked up to the microphone and greeted the crowd. "Good evening everyone. I'm going to start off with a song called Some Kind Of Mystery. I hope you like it."

The band, that no one seemed to notice until that moment, suddenly started to play. That was when she started to sing…

"You're some kind of mystery
sweet kind of mystery
gotta get ya close to me
so I can figure out what this mystery's about."

~*~Later that night~*~

A roar of applause filled the room. The woman onstage smiled brightly, even though she had been singing nonstop for about two hours. "Thank you very much! I'm going to finish tonight with a song called `Goodbye'. I hope you have good luck with the tournament and a great evening."

The blond nodded to the band as they started up for the finale.

"Deep in the heart of every man

Lies a hidden dream or plan

To be a millionaire

Life without a care

"Hey cool cat

Does this apply to you?

Oh don't you lie

No don't you lie

Cause' you can't hide the truth

"I can see what's behind those eyes

You're tongue is so twisted from telling lies

You might think you're strong

But you better not treat me wrong

Or else I'll say so long

"Goodbye

I never wanna see you again

Goodbye

I don't wanna be your friend

So long

Now we've reached the end

Time for me to turn that bend

When time has run away

And there's no need for me to stay and

Lose myself to you

And be abused by you

I don't need the pain

From your mind games

When you try them again I won't be there for them to work

Anymore

"Now you're back and you're beggin' please

Crawling on your hands and knees

You thought you were a star

But now here you are

You have not traveled far

"Goodbye

I never wanna see you again

Goodbye

I don't wanna be your friend

So long

Now we've reached the end

Time for me to turn that bend

When time has run away

And there's no need for me to stay and

Lose myself to you

And be abused by you

I don't need the pain

From your mind games

When you try them again I won't be there for them to work

Anymore"

All the evening, Yugi could not take his eyes off of her for some unknown reason. Daniela seemed to captivate everyone in the room, whether they wanted to pay attention or not. "She sings like an angel," he said under his breath. Leave it to Joey to hear him. "Hey buddy, why don't you go tell her so?"

Yugi began to blush. "I-I don't think so."

"Why not buddy? She's right over there. Go ahead." Seeing his short friend not moving, Joey suddenly took his hand and dragged him over to the bottom of the stage where the singer stood. Yugi, blushing even more by the second, exclaimed, "Let me go!!"

Too late. "Excuse me, Miss France?" The woman turned to see a blond haired boy and a cute little guy with really cool looking hair. "Hi. What can I do for you boys?"

Joey "threw" the little duelist forward. "My friend here has something he'd like to say to you. Go ahead buddy."

Yugi, blushing even harder (is that possible?), looked to the ground and started shuffling his feet. "I, umm, you have a very beautiful voice."

The singer smiled. "Thank you very much. Please, call me Danielle. Daniela is my stage name."

"I'm Joey and this here is Yugi. Over there is the rest of our group- Tristan, Bakura and Téa."

Danielle looked at tri-colored hair boy with determination as well as excitement. "Yugi? Not Yugi Moto? Oh wow, it's nice to finally meet this great duelist."

Yugi looked up in shock. "You've heard of me?"

"Who hasn't? You're pretty famous around here."

"Well, I'm going to leave you two to talk. See ya!" Joey rushed away quickly.

The purple eyed boy sighed as he looked at the spot his friend had once stood. 'Why do I have a feeling he planned this?'

"Yugi, care to sit over here with me?" Danielle had moved to a table in the corner. Yugi quickly rushed over and sat down beside her. "I was hoping you'd come in here one day. I have something I want to ask you." Yugi looked at her with even more interest. "Please don't think me too bold, but I must be very forward, for there isn't much time left. You see, I didn't come here on my own. I was taken from my home and ordered by Pegasus to sing here until he set me free. The only way out is if he is defeated in this tournament."

Yugi just stared at her. A prisoner? Would Pegasus stop at nothing? "Would you like to come with us then? I'm here fighting for my grandpa's soul. Maybe we can help each other out."

Sitting up a bit, Danielle looked at him with hopeful eyes. "Could I? I'm kind of a duelist too." She pulled out a dueling glove with nine star chips on it.

Yugi looked at it with amazement. "Wow. You certainly are! How did you get those already?"

"Never mind that. I can help you. I can sense that you have hidden power as well." She looked down and blushed slightly. "I have some kind of power in me. I'm sorry if that freaks you out."

Yugi could not believe what he was hearing! Hidden power? A strange thought entered his mind… Could she have a Millennium item?
~
The singer continued speaking. "I was taught when I was very little how to play Duel Monsters by my father. He joked around, saying I had the makings of a champion. That never concerned me, for you see, I fell in love with music. I only duel now if my life or friends depend on it. I may be able to help even you in your duels."

Yugi just sat there puzzled. "So why don't you just duel Pegasus yourself?"

Danielle sighed and shook her head. "I am forbidden to unless I have twenty star chips!"

"TWENTY STAR CHIPS?!?"

"He wants to keep me here, break my spirit or something. But if I travel with you and help you along the way, technically I'm not fighting. Always look for the loop holes in life."

Yugi sat back. This was a lot to absorb. 'I wonder, what is this power she speaks of?'

Danielle looked him over and smiled. "You're wondering about the power, aren't you? To be honest, I'm not so sure about it myself. All I know really is that it's ancient and not something to be tossed about lightly. My father said that it occurs in the women of our family every one hundred years or something like that. I'm still learning about it."

When she finished, the blond sat back and looked at him. He could almost feel her staring into his very soul. 'Maybe she could help me save my grandpa. All I know is Pegasus must be stopped and to do that, I need all the help I can get.' "Why don't we go over to the guys and see what they say?"

"Sure, why doesn't she come along? What harm could it do?"

Yugi whirled around and came face to face with Joey. "What are you doing?!?"

"Just makin sure you don't mess up there buddy. Hehe."

*Sweatdrop*

Danielle slowly got up during that moment. "Well, I'm sorry to say we must leave quickly if this is to work. Once Pegasus realizes I'm gone, he'll send someone after us. The more space we place between us, the better."

Both boys nod as they all got up and rejoined the group to talk it over.

~*~Inside YuGi's mind~*~

"What do you think spirit? What do you sense?"

Yami stepped forward, out of the shadows of the mind. "I feel a strong power from her. And also a strange bond. It would be wise to bring her along. She seems a lot wiser then she is letting on."

"I have a feeling something big is going to happen."

"As do I. As do I."
~
The tournament continued as in the series, err, as expected... (Forgot that I have to write it all out... sorry!!) Yugi and Joey were getting star chips all over the place, with a little help from the side lines from a certain newcomer. "The Time Wizard is a huge luck thing! Your luck is greater Joey!" "Yugi! Keep your cool and focus! He's just a big bully like you've faced before! They are all afraid of something. Find it and use it against him!"

As the group kept walking towards their next battle, Yugi lost himself in his mind, talking to the spirit.

"What do you think?"

"She is in fact wiser then she let on. She knows this game inside and out."

Yugi nodded. "I agree. I wonder though..."

"About her mysterious power?"

"Yes. Could she possess a Millennium item?"

Yami thought for a moment. "I'm not sure. But I think her family is tied to their origin. Keep on the look out."

"Yugi?"

Yugi snapped out of his mental conversation and looked up at the voice. Danielle was walking in her usual outfit: white short tee-shirt, denim jeans, black boots and a long black "coat" that went down to her heels. With her blond hair cascading down her shoulders, she looked beautiful in the moonlight. "Yes?"

"Are you okay? You seemed very lost in your thoughts."

The boy looked down to try and hide his blush. "I'm fine."

A smile crept on her face. "Okay."

They continued walking when Bakura suddenly spotted something up ahead. "What do you suppose that is?"

The group walked forward until they were face to face with a pair of angry looking blue eyes. "Kaiba?!?"

"Yugi? Why am I not surprised? Figures you'd be here," Kaiba looked over the bunch when his eyes fell on the new, interesting member. "And who is this lovely new member?"

Danielle looked at him as if he had two heads. "Umm, you're Seto Kaiba, right?"

Kaiba did this smirk grin thing. "I'm flattered you've heard of me."

An innocent look of understanding took over her features. "Oh, so you're the guy Yugi crushed in a humiliating defeat that made him the number one duelist, huh?" Danielle just smiled an oh-so-evil grin.

That smirk came right off Seto's face. "Well, that will be changed after this tournament has ended. I don't have time for this."

Joey piped in," That's right, walk away. You know you could never beat Yugi! I challenge you right here, right now!"

The group just slapped their foreheads. 'Baka' (meaning "Idiot"... had to add the Japanese in there somewhere)

Kaiba just smiled, "Why not? I'll need a warm up before Pegasus. Except we'll use my own new system."

**I'm guessing you've all seen this episode so I don't have to replay it all here... SKIPPING...**

"You are a pathetic dog."

Téa and Tristan rushed over to Joey, while the rest just glared at Kaiba.

"That was uncalled for! You coward! How dare you overwhelm him like that! And you call yourself a true duelist. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

Kaiba just smirked and walked over to Danielle, picking her chin up with his hand. (ewwwww...) "You have a lot of spirit. Why not travel with a strong duelist instead of some wannabes?"

Oh, Yugi was about ready to attack Kaiba, but Danielle just slapped his hand away. "I am traveling with the strong. The strong at heart."

Kaiba just grinned (skin... crawling..) "We'll see. We shall meet again. Maybe by then you'll wise up." With that he just walked away.

"Creep. Now I have to scrub my chin for a week. Yuck!"

~*~Later that evening at "camp"~*~

While Yugi and everyone slept, Danielle got up and took a little walk. "What am I doing here? What did you have in store for me Pegasus? What use am I to you?"

A twig snapped, causing her to whirl around to come face to face with… Yugi?

"Don't be afraid. I'm sorry if I startled you."

Danielle shook her head. "It's alright. I don't think we've been properly introduced. You know who I am. What's your name?" When the man looked surprised, she went on, "You're the spirit inside Yugi. You do have a name, right?"

The Spirit looked very impressed. "How did you figure that out?"

A smile spread on her lips. "Well, for one thing, you're taller, your hair is longer, your voice is deeper, and you don't have that white shirt that he wears. It's kinda obvious. So, what's your name?"

He smiled. "Yugi hasn't even asked me that yet. I am called many things."

"Pick one."

"Yami."

"Well, nice to meet you Yami. Now, what can I do for you?"

"You mentioned to Yugi you had some sort of power."

The singer nodded. "I figured you'd ask that. Before you even wonder, no, I don't have a millennium item. But I believe my power is along that point in history. Back in Egypt. And my true name is not Danielle. It's Dyani. I had to change it a long time ago."

Yami just stared at her. 'How much does she know?' Her smiling face somehow caused the spirit to blush. 'Yugi's right. She is beautiful.' Silently grateful for the darkness so she could not see his red cheeks, he asked, "How much do you know?"

"Not much. The past is not something I know a great deal about. But I can help you. We can learn about the past together if you like."

A blush crept on his face again and he had to turn away for a moment. "Perhaps." Shifting a bit, the spirit turned back to the woman in his company. "We should head back."

"In a minute. I just love looking up at the stars."

Yami looked over at her again, seeing the moonlight hit her face so perfectly. Was she shivering? Where was the jacket thing of hers? Without thinking twice, he took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders.

"Thank you. I don't understand one thing though. How does Yugi's clothes get bigger?" Danielle suddenly shook her head. "On second thought, I don't think I want to know."

After a few more moments just standing there, they both headed back to camp. All the while, they did not notice someone watching them in the bushes…

(Am I the only one that notices the changes in Yugi when he becomes Yami? I mean, its like "hello?!?")

~

"Eight star chips! Hey buddy, we're almost done!"

Joey stared at his glove, admiring the stars while everyone kept walking. "Two more left and then it's straight for the castle."

Everyone looked up as Téa let out a huge yawn.

*Sweat drop*

Sheepishly, she shrugged. "Sorry guys. I guess I'm kinda tired."

Nodding his head in agreement, Bakura commented, "Well, let's pack it in for the night."

As they set up camp, Danielle went out to look for some firewood.

~Meanwhile, in Yugi's mind... ~

"Well Spirit, we're almost there."

"Yes. We are getting much closer to ending this long journey."

"I'm so close to getting my grandpa back."

"And I'm here to help you with that."

"Hey Spirit? A few nights ago, I felt like I was walking in my sleep. Did you go do something while I was sleeping?"

"Yes. I talked with Danielle. She seems to know a few things about my past, but not a lot."

"Hmm. Well, after all this, maybe we can help find the missing pieces of your past."

"I would like that. Thank you."

The conversation was cut short by a scream.

~*~Meanwhile in the woods~*~

Danielle was walking around, looking for firewood while grumbling, "You'd think this would be easy seeing how we're in a forest already."

As she is gathering twigs, she suddenly heard something behind her. Danielle whirled around to find one of those bodyguard people that worked for Pegasus. With a cocky grin, she put on hand on her hip. "So, you finally caught up with me? Took you long enough."

"I think it would be wise to come with us."

She just shook her head and smiled again. "You should know better than that. I put up a pretty good fight."

As the guard came rushing in, Danielle dropped her twigs and attacked, punching and kicking him in the stomach, sending the man to the ground. A few more guards came in, one taking her arms behind her. She kicked the two others and flung the last over her head. As she turned to run back to camp, she ran into this strangely familiar person. `Is he the one that took me from my home?'

"I think it's time we go now." The man held out a weird object in his hand, causing Danielle to let out a huge, terrifying scream.

~*~Back To the Camp~*~

"Did you guys hear that?"

"Yeah, that sounded like Danielle."

"Do you know which way it came from?"

"No. We better split up and look for her."

"I'll head over that way. Joey head over there, Tristan over there, Téa and Bakura that way."

Yugi started running in one direction, calling her name into the forest. "Danielle? Where are you?" 'I have a bad feeling about this, Spirit.'

'As do I. Find her quickly.'

As he was running, he found a stack of firewood. 'She must have been here.' Along side the wood was a note. Yugi picked it up and called out for the others. By the time they all arrived, he looked extremely mad.

"What is it, buddy?"

Yugi looked down and read the note aloud. "By orders of Master Pegasus, your companion has been taken in order to prove your true dueling capabilities. You must survive on your instincts to find her and also on you dueling strategies to win her in a duel. If you are the winner, she remains alive, but if you shall lose, you will be driven off the island and out of the tournament." He crumpled up the note and threw it to the ground. "Pegasus, will you stop at nothing?"

"It's okay, Yug. We'll get her back."

"Look you guys," Téa exclaimed, "the guy left a trail."

Yugi looked up at them with determination. Suddenly, he had a growth spurt and a hair extension (aka-he changed into Yami). With a deeper voice, he spoke to them as he began walking. "Let's go. We have no time to waste."

And the group headed off to find their missing member.
~
After walking for a few more hours, the crew had to stop for the night. Yami, instead of going to sleep, walked around for a bit to think. "What could you possibly want with her, Pegasus?" After pondering that for a few moments, he gave up and decided to sleep after all, thus going back to Yugi.

~*~Dream time!~*~

Yami was standing somewhere, completely surrounded by black. Suddenly, a somewhat smoke or fog filled the area around him, a mysterious mist. Out of the mist came a woman in a white Egyptian looking outfit. The woman had blond hair as well, but he couldn't see her face. "Who are you?"

Instead of answering, she pointed to him. He looked down to see he was also in Egyptian clothing. Yami looked at her again when images spread across the blackness. Ancient images of long past. After a few moments of seeing young children playing by pyramids, women carrying jugs of water, men carrying large pieces of stone on their backs, and of a large palace, Yami looked down again to see himself back in the clothes he had on before.

He stared at the woman in front of him, face still hidden. "Who are you??" She still does not answer.

Another image came before him. 'Danielle?' She was being held by two guards as Pegasus stands in front of her. "My my, so you're the girl who's been running around with Yugi boy. So you thought you could get to me easier that way? Well, I might as well just take your soul now then."

Yami looked absolutely horrified. "NO!" He watched as Pegasus' Millennium Eye started to glow and aim at Danielle. She looked at him straight on with no fear in her eyes. A weird glow surrounded her causing Pegasus to be taken aback. "So, you have some powers of your own huh? How dare you try and fight back! Must be that remarkable fighting spirit of yours. I'm sure we can break that easily. Boys, have fun."

With that, Pegasus was gone from view. The two guards smiled. "I'm gonna enjoy this!" Suddenly, one of them slapped her hard right across the face. "What are you doing?!" Yami screamed as he continued to watch. The guards continued to punch and kick her, occasionally throwing her against the brick wall. She let out a few cries of pain. Another slap across the face. One last shove against the wall. "That'll teach you." The door slammed shut on her prison as the guards walked away.

Yami walked over to her as Danielle started to cry silently. Clutching the wall beside her, she seemed unable to hold herself up. As she started to fall, Yami ran over to catch her. When she fell into his arms, she disappeared (imagine like Mokuba did as he fell into Kaiba in that game thing of his... that 3 parter… the last episode)

Yami looked up at the mysterious woman, tears in his eyes. "I'll ask you one more time. Who are you?"

"You haven't much time. Her spirit is breaking."

The spirit stared at her for a moment. "Are you her inner power?"

"Please hurry. You don't have much time." The woman then disappeared into the mist.

Yugi woke up with a start. 'What was that? And who was that woman? It doesn't matter. We have to hurry before they kill her.'
~
As soon as day light hit, they were on their way, following the tracks the kidnapper left behind. The footprints finally ended at the foot of a cave. 'This looks familiar.' Shaking his head, Yugi walked right in.

Deep inside the cave was a dueling arena. The crew walked into the very well lit area when a voice filled the air. "So you finally showed up. Bout time."

They turned to see a man with long black hair tied in a long braid down his back. His clothes made him look more like a monk than a regular person. He smirked slightly. "I am Jin. To keep your friend alive, you must defeat me in a duel."

Holding up his head to stop the man, Yugi nodded. "I know the conditions. I must see her first." The tri-colored haired boy stood there with a new-found courage. 'She must be safe.'

A smile crept onto Jin's face. "Very well." Without hesitation, he pushed a button on his side of the arena and a cage appeared from above. Inside was Danielle curled up into a tight ball, eyes closed. Her clothes were torn, some blood trickled down from unknown areas, and there were bruises all over her body.

Yugi looked up at her horrified. 'That dream... so it was true!' "What have you done to her?!?"

"I did nothing. This is how she arrived this morning. I am not the type to actually hit a woman." Jin stood there with arms crossed. "Are we going to duel then?"

After a brief moment, Yami stepped forth. "Let's get this over with."

~*~I don't write dueling scenes, so we're saying they're down to 150 points each~*~

Yami looked over the cards in his hand again. This match had been a lot harder than he had expected. "I place a monster face down in defense mode and also this magic card face down."

Jin smirked. "Very well. I play the Red Eyes Black Dragon in attack mode to attack your Celtic Guardian."

"Not so fast." Yami flipped over the face down cards. Karebo and Multiply. The best defense out there.

"Those little fuzz balls?!?"

"That's right. Even the weakest monsters can be strong. Now I play the Dark Magician in attack mode. Dark Magic Attack!" With that, Yami won the battle.

"I have won this duel. Now, return Danielle to us immediately."

Jin just laughed at them all. "Return? Who ever said anything about return? All we promised was that she'd stay alive." He smacked down on a different button and Danielle, who was still unconscious, disappeared. "She is being sent back to Master Pegasus' castle." With that, he ran off.

"No! This can't be!" Yami pounded his fist onto the control pad thing. 'You monster. You shall be defeated Pegasus. You will fall.'

~*~ Much later~*~

Yami walked to a stream near by the camp. They had all decided to wait one day before entering the castle to battle Pegasus. Mai has joined them now after letting Téa beat her in a battle. Not too long ago, Kaiba had battled him and, due to certain circumstances, beat him, taking all his star chips and dreams of beating Pegasus. Téa had stepped up and defended a shocked and depressed Yugi. Mai was the one to knock some sense into him.

Now, Yami just started into the stream, getting lost in his thoughts. Suddenly, a woman appeared in the water, shocking him. 'It's the same woman from the dream.'

"Pegasus' getting closer to breaking her. Once her fighting spirit is broken, her soul will be taken. You must prevent that or the past and future are lost. Hurry." She then disappeared before he could say anything.

'What is going on here? Is Danielle somehow a key to my past?'

~*~Ooh! I know! Pick me! Pick me!!!! Hehehe. Review please!!! Just letting you know, this was six chapters from the original story. Scary, huh? Ja ne!~*~