Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart an History of the Pharaoh ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~I hope all appreciate this. It was hard to figure out where to stop. Oh well. Here's "Chapter Two", or seven through twelve.~*~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

After walking a few more minutes, they reached the castle. Finally they were going to face Pegasus! 'This is it, Pegasus. You will pay for all the lives you have put in jeopardy. I'll get my grandpa back as well as Danielle. I hope she hasn't lost hope.'

"Yugi? You okay?"

Yugi looked up at Téa. "I'm fine. Just a bit nervous and determined I guess."

To somehow calm his nerves, she smiled at him. "We're all here for you. There's nothing to worry about."

"Thanks Téa."

They all ran up to the castle doors and entered into the hardest battle of their lives.

**We're going to insert the Kaiba/Pegasus battle here since I don't recall all of it correctly.**

~*~That night~*~

Yugi and everyone else were in their own rooms, preparing for the next day filled with battles. "So, I have to face Mai in the morning. She'll be tough to beat. I can't let the spirit take over. I just can't..." And soon, the young hero fell asleep.

Joe was dreaming of food as usual. Téa, however, was sitting up worrying about the day to come. "I hope everything goes well."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, causing her to rise and open it. "Tristan? Bakura?"

"We're going to go check out the castle. See if we can find out how Pegasus is cheating. Wanna come?"

"Sure. Let's go."

**We all know what happens on that adventure... Back to Yugi.**

"Yugi..."

The said male shot up out of bed at the sound of that familiar voice. "Grandpa?"

"Yugi, you have to trust your Millennium puzzle. You must work with him. Embrace it. Do not fear."

"Grandpa?!? Where are you?"

Suddenly an image appeared before him, not of his grandpa, but of...

"Danielle?"

She looked at him very seriously. "Yugi, trust him. You will lose if you two do not work together."

Yugi stared at her. The image before him had more bruises and looked so very weak. A bit frightened, he asked weakly, "Does this mean your soul has been taken??"

Shaking her head, she replied, "No. But you must listen to me. I have but little strength left. If Pegasus tries again soon, my soul will be lost. Listen. The spirit is a friend, not foe. Trust him. He will help guide you."

As the woman started to fade away, Yugi cried out for her. "Danielle!?! Wait!!"

She merely smiled. "I have faith in you, Yugi Moto. I have faith in you..." With that, she was gone.
~
**The battle with Mai is the same. Except with this one minor detail...**

While battling himself and the spirit, Yugi saw in his mind a woman in white. Yami turned to see her as well.

"You must trust each other if you wish to save them."

Yami turned to Yugi. "I am sorry. I promise I will not go against your wishes."

**Battle the same. Yugi Wins! Yay!! Joey battle the same**

~*~Meanwhile, during Joey's battle, Mai gets a little lost.~*~

Mai was wandering around an endless hallway. "Something tells me I took a wrong turn." Not too far off, the female duelist heard some of the guards talking.

"I wonder why Pegasus doesn't want someone to guard the girl."

"I guess he figures no one would be stupid enough to come and get her."

"But he's got Mac on the kid."

"Well, maybe he just doesn't trust you to guard her!"

"Baka, I'm a professional!"

"But you gotta admit. Even with the beatings, she's a babe."

"Oh yeah."

"So, what's on the lunch menu?"

When Mai peaked around the corner, the guards were gone. 'They must be talking about that Danielle person Yugi's fighting for.' Curious, she went off down one hallway…

**Joey battle over. Yugi/Joey battle beginning**

~*~Still with Mai~*~

Sighing, Mai continued to walk down that same the hall, looking from side to side. "Jeez, they really need to hire an interior decorator. Wait, what do we have over here?"

At the end of the hall was a door, a cell door. Inside, Mai could see a person lying in the corner, face down. Walking over, she looked over the person carefully before asking, "Danielle?"

The person looked up at her with deep brown eyes that seemed to spark with sudden hope. "Yes?" she replied weakly.

Mai looked at the poor girl with a comforting smile. "Come on. Let's get you out of here." Looking on the walls, the violet eyes woman found a set of keys. 'Stupid guards left their keys. Lucky me.' Smiling, she grabbed them off the wall and looked for one to match the lock. After many attempts, one finally clicked. "Got it."

**Yugi/Joey battle over. Yugi wins. Yay!! Pegasus/Yugi about to begin**

Mai walked into the cell and over to the girl. Danielle looked extremely beaten and weak. "Those jerks. How dare they hit a girl! Let's get out of here, huh? I think someone will be happy to see you. I'm Mai, by the way."

Leaning on Mai's shoulder, Danielle looked up at her. "Why are you helping me?"

She only smiled at the blond girl. "Us girls gotta stick together. Besides, Yugi is up there fighting for you."

Danielle smiled as they headed down the hall. Mai suddenly stopped when the halls split off in two directions. "Umm... any idea which way to head?"

Thinking for a moment, the weakened woman pointed in one direction. "Try that way." Trying their luck, the two women walked off.
~
'Damn you Pegasus. Using that Millennium Eye to see all my cards!'

"That's right Yugi boy. I can see everything."

The match between Yugi and Pegasus was well on its way. (series-wise, we're on day 2 or 3- before they decided to switch back and forth-Tristan has already gone off to look for Mokuba and Bakura after them)

'How can I beat him if he can see everything in my hand?'

Things weren't looking good for the small duelist. Even though his friends kept cheering him on, he felt lost.

"You can do it Yugi! I have faith in you."

The sound of that voice caused Yami to look up and saw Mai holding Danielle. She looked severely beaten, bruises everywhere on her, her clothes torn and appearing to be very weak. Téa and Joey walked over to help support her. 'She escaped! Thank goodness.'

Pegasus looked up at the group. 'Impossible. How could she have escaped?? Mai Valentine... even I didn't see that coming from you.' "So the group is back together. We still have a duel to finish, Yugi boy. It's your move, though it is futile."

With a new air of confidence, Yami glared back at him. "This duel isn't over yet."

From up above them, Danielle watched the two battling back and forth. 'Pegasus is using his eye to cheat. Poor Yugi. If only he could block Pegasus some how. Wait... that's it!' "Yugi! Be strong and think! What if he didn't know what was in your mind? What if you didn't either?!?" Of course the troop on top stared at her like she had three heads, but Yugi got the idea. 'Of course! Switch back and forth! Spirit, in order to win, I have to banish you from my mind!'

**We all know what happens next up to where Pegasus is taking them to the shadow realm... right before that..**

A huge purple blob thing suddenly covered the entire arena. "Oh no! Pegasus took Yugi to the Shadow Realm!"

Joey, Tea and Mai looked over at her. "Say that again?"

"The Shadow Realm! Let's just say it's going to be much harder for Yugi and the Spirit now. And Yugi may not be able to handle it."

Joey raised one eyebrow as he looked at the brown eyed girl. "You seem to know a lot about this."

"Only what I've been told before."

"Hey guys. What's going on," Tristan walked in with Bakura and Mokuba. "What's with the big purple bubble?"

"Pegasus was losing when he muttered something about the shadow realm and then they were gone."

Shaking her head, Danielle looked over at them. "Let's get down there. Yugi will need our help."

When they got down there (ahem, Mai disappeared at this point, perhaps getting freaked out by the bubble, she left.), minus Bakura and Mokuba, Tristan and Téa tried to get inside, with no luck.

"How can we help him if we can't get to him?!?"
~
Danielle stared at the purple bubble in front of her. 'Oh Yugi. I can tell you are in serious trouble. You won't survive long in there. Yami yes, but you... There must be something I could do.'

As she thought this over, Tea tried to stick her hand in and Tristan somehow got to the other side.

"Umm, guys? That won't work. It's kinda obvious Pegasus wants to keep us apart from him. I may be all beaten up and weak, but I'm not stupid."

Joey just looked at her. "Well, what do you suggest, all knowing one?"

Danielle glared back at him. "Give me a minute to think."

**During this time, the battle inside the bubble (shadow realm) is the same. Little Yugi has just laid down his last card.**

Yugi fell over. Yami stared at him in disbelief. "Yugi?!? I.. I can't feel his young presence. No, he can't be gone… Damn you Pegasus!!"

**We all know what happens at that time. Outside though...**

Suddenly, Danielle's head snapped up, taking her from her thoughts. She had just had an image of Yugi in Yami's arms, disappearing. 'Oh no! Yugi!'

"I can't feel him in there!" Téa exclaimed in a most fearful manner.

With all the strength she had, Danielle stood up, supporting herself. "Alright. I have a way we can help Yugi. It'll take everything I have to do this so be prepared, alright?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know if you heard before, but I have these powers within me I think I can tap into. I just don't know what will happen after words."

They all stared and blinked at her. "What are you talking about? You aren't making sense."

"Just trust me! Please?"

Téa looked her over. 'She seems sincere. I just have to trust her.' "Alright. What do you want us to do?"

With a smile on her face, the blond replied, "I have to go into deep concentration to do this. As I am, put your hands together, meaning put one hand over the others'. You might be able to break through and reach him one way."

Joey, Tristan and Téa did as they were instructed and stared at the bubble. Danielle took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

~*~Inside Danielle's Mind~*~

All around her was a huge, thick mist. Danielle started pushing some of it away, leading somewhere.

'I have to concentrate and get passed the barrier. Yugi? Yami? I know you're there. One of you is. Yami?'

Suddenly, Yami was standing there in front of her, Pegasus as well. They are in the middle of dueling.

'I did it! I broke through! Yami! Where's Yugi?'

Yami looked around as if he had heard something. 'Danielle? Is that you? I can almost see you.'

Danielle pushed through some mist to see them clearly now. 'I'm here, Yami.'

As he looked at her, his expression went from gladness to shock to sympathy to anger. After he finally decided on a softened expression, he asked, 'are you alright?'

Danielle shifted a bit. He was looking at her a bit intensely. 'I'll survive. I'm trying to bring your friends here. Maybe we can stop Pegasus from cheating.'

Yami nodded but still looked concerned. 'Are you sure you're up to this?'

'I'll be fine.'

Suddenly in her mind, she closed her eyes and suddenly Téa, Tristan, and Joey appeared. 'We're here to help you, bud.'

To Yami's surprise, Téa was holding a sleeping Yugi in her arms. He looked over at Danielle. 'How did..?'

'Don't ask. Now just go and beat Pegasus.'

Yami nodded and did that little grunt thing of his. He turned back to Pegasus with a new fire in his eye. "Let's end this."
~
**We all know how the duel ends so we skip to where the bubble is disappearing**

"Yugi! You're alright!" Téa ran to him, breaking the hand thing, Joey and Tristan right behind her.

After congrats were said, Danielle, who had stayed behind, collapsed to the floor, appearing to have fainted from exhaustion. Yugi rushed over. "Danielle? Are you okay? Danielle??" He picked her up slightly to find her eyes shut. "Danielle???"

The crew all looked over at her. "What's wrong with her?"

"She did mention something about not knowing what would happen after."

Yugi placed a hand on her forehead. All of a sudden, the boy felt some kind of jolt from his hand, but did not take it away. It was as if the Spirit wanted to speak with Danielle directly!

~*~Inside Danielle's mind again~*~

Yami was there holding (more like cradling) Danielle in his arms. Her eyes were closed as they were to everyone else. "Danielle, you were not yet strong enough to handle this magic, this power. I blame myself for this. I'm sorry."

He looked up to see the mysterious woman in white again. "So you appear to her as well?"

The woman nodded, walked over to Danielle and placed a hand on her head. "She will be fine. It was too much for her for now. Give her a bit of time and she will awaken, first in here, then to them." The woman then disappeared.

Yami continued to cradle her in his arms. He just had to support her that way for some reason. 'I feel a strong need to protect her. I need to.' He heard this moaning noise and quickly looked down at her. Danielle started to stir in his arms then looked up at him. "Yami? Wha..What happened?"

He eyes held a soft expression. "You used too much power when you had such little strength. You fainted."

She looked deep into his eyes. "I'm sorry if I worried you."

Yami shook his head. "I'm just glad you're alright. But you have to wake up for them now."

"Alright."

~*~Back to the group~*~

Yugi felt that jolt in his hand again. 'The Spirit's back.' He looked down at Danielle to see her eyes fluttering open again.

"You alright now?"

"Yes. I'm sorry to have worried you all. I should be fine."

Tristan stepped forward. "Nonetheless, you shall be relying on Joey and me. Lean on us to support you. You are, after all, pretty banged up there."

Smiling at them, Danielle nodded. "Thank you. But what about Pegasus? Did he free those souls?"

**Basically insert that whole thing about Bakura "waking up", running after Pegasus, Bakura getting the eye, etc.**

After they all walked out with Mokuba, they saw Kaiba standing there waiting. Mokuba immediately ran to him. Yugi and Kaiba had a few words when he noticed Danielle. He pushed Yugi aside and went towards her. "What happened?"

She looked at him kind of startled. "I was kidnapped by Pegasus. He tried to steal my soul but was unable to. Yugi and the rest came and rescued me. That's about it."

Kaiba stared at her. "That monster! Come, let's get you home. I have my private helicopter here. Someone should look at your bruises."

Everyone looked at him in complete shock, while Yugi gave him somewhat death glares.

Quite taken aback, Danielle blinked a few times. 'What's with this guy??' "Umm… sure, I guess. Can you give everyone a ride too?"

Kaiba looked at them with this superior glare. "I don't know."

The blond simply walked up to him and gave him these just so innocent eyes. "Please? They did after all rescue me."

That was all it took. Kaiba had no chance after that! Everyone got in the Helicopter and headed back to Domino.

~*~Meanwhile in Yugi's Mind... ~*~

Yami stood before Yugi. "I don't even know your name Spirit."

"I am called by many things..."

(Please tell me you all know this speech. Thank you...)

~*~Is this the end of their adventures? Or are they just beginning? Who is that mysterious person? What's Yami's past? Why the heck is Kaiba so fascinated by Danielle? That, my friends, is what we call a Cliffhanger...~*~