Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Heart an History of the Pharaoh ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~*~Hello yet again. Miss me? Feel special because this edited version is only being posted here at Mediaminer.org. Lucky you! The only thing I don't like about this is all my wonderful cliffhangers that are now gone… *sigh* Here's the next one.~*~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

 

Two weeks had gone by since the gang returned from Duelist Kingdom. They had met Rebecca and did that pathetic duel thing. Danielle got her bruises looked at as well to find nothing too serious was done. (As if getting your ass kicked everyday for a few days is nothing...)

When they got back to Domino, Yugi found out Danielle actually went to some kind of top private school for the advanced students. Even there, she skipped a few grade levels. Other then that, they really didn't know much about her. So after she got out of the hospital, they basically went their separate ways, much to Yugi's disappointment.

Yugi sat in class when he heard some of the other kids talking. "Did you hear? There's a new student." "Yeah, I hear it's some kind of genius."

A bit confused, he looked up to see Téa, Tristan and Joey walk over. "I'm guessing you heard already. I wonder who it could be."

The sensei (Japanese word for teacher) walked in and everyone took their seats. "Class, as you've all probably heard by now, we have a new student with us. May I introduce Ms. Danielle Kimura." With that, the door slid open to reveal...

Yugi looked up and his chin nearly hit the floor. "Danielle??" Her eyes went directly to him and she smiled. 'This is going to be a fun school year.'
~
(**Making note of this! When Yami or Yugi are thinking something and are not talking/thinking to each other, the other can't read the thoughts. Meaning, unless it's in the area marked "inside Yugi's head" Yugi doesn't know what Yami's thinking and vice versa. More fun that way.**)

Yugi met up with Danielle at the end of the day. "So, why did you transfer here? I thought you went to that smart school?"

She smiled. "I did. It got boring there so I decided to try something new. Besides, you guys are here. So, want to walk me home?"

Yugi didn't hesitate with that one. They headed towards her house when Téa caught up. "Hey guys. What's up?"

"Oh nothing. We were just walking."

"Hey, do you want to come by the card shop and meet my Grandpa?"

"Ummm sure. Why not?"

So they all walked there. When they got there, Grandpa and Danielle were introduced and basically talked about Duel monsters and other such things.

"Well, I better be going. It was nice meeting you." Danielle turned to leave.

"Umm, want me to walk with you?" The small duelist looked up at her, kind of embarrassed for asking.

Seeing a slight blush crawl over his face, Téa smiled. 'I think our little boy is growing up.'

"Sure. I could use the company." Saying goodbye to the two left there, Danielle and Yugi walked out of the shop.

~*~

After walking in silence for about five minutes, Danielle asked, "So Yugi. Have things been going well with the puzzle?"

He looked up at her. "Oh yeah. No problems here."

"That's good."

More silence.

~*~inside Yugi's mind. ~*~

"Why can't I think of anything to say? I mean, I'm such a bore right now!"

Of course, Yami came into the light. "Why don't you ask her about her life? We don't know that much about her."

"Should I? Isn't that a bit too personal?"

"I don't see a problem with it."

"How about this? Why don't you talk to her?"

Yami stared at him in disbelief. "Me?? Why me?"

"You could probably talk to her better then I can."

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"Shouldn't you be talking to her instead of me?"

"That's it. Your turn Spirit."

With that, Yugi "transformed" into Yami.

~*~Back outside his head. ~*~

Danielle noticed Yami's appearance. "Nice to see you again Yami. I guess Yugi wanted us to talk."

Yami looked at her and nodded. "He thought himself dull and wanted me to take his place."

Laughing slightly, she smiled which caused Yami to blush, unnoticed by her. 'She looks so beautiful when she smiles.'

"What do you want to know, Yami?"

Thinking for a second, he responded with, "Tell me something about yourself."

"Well, I lived in my home with my dad, mom and younger brother. I went to the "advanced" school for a long time, but it wasn't very challenging. I fell in love with music at an early age. I really don't know what else to say."

"What do you mean lived? You don't live with your family anymore?"

Danielle looked down and had this sad look in her eyes, which made Yami regret his question immediately. "They died. They were killed in a really bad car crash about a month before I was taken to Duelist Kingdom. I was in the car too but was... lucky."

"I'm sorry."

They suddenly came up to this huge house, more like a mansion. "Well, here we are."

Yami stared at her in disbelief. "You live here??"

"Did I fail to mention I'm kind of rich? Sorry bout that." She smiled at him again, causing him to look away to hide his blush. 'Why does she make me blush so much?'

When he looked back he saw she had a hard expression on her face. Her eyes were closed in a deep concentration. "Danielle? Are you alright?"

Her eyes flashed open, but it was as if she was in a trance, eyes fogged over. Her hands came up and placed together, palm to palm, a somewhat praying position. Suddenly, they slowly came apart to become parallel to her shoulders.

Yami felt something strange happening to him. 'What is this magic?' It was as if he was being pulled in two. "Danielle! Wake up!"

Suddenly, she collapsed. Yami went over to her to catch her before she hit the ground. While holding her in his arms he heard a voice. "What the...? What just happened???"

He looked up to stare face to face with... Yugi?!?!?
~
Yami stared into the face of Yugi. 'How is this possible? What happened?' Apparently the same thoughts were going through Yugi's mind as well. Yami finally stopped staring at this young boy and focused on the girl in his arms. "We have to get her inside to lay down. We will get no answers until she wakes."

Yugi, unable to find his voice, nodded and ran ahead to open the door as "the spirit" carried her bridal style inside the house. They quickly found what appeared to be the living room and placed her on the couch.

Yami turned to Yugi. "You better run and get the others. Maybe they can help with this. I'll stay here."

The shorter male quickly left to gather the group and tell them what happened.

Soon after he left, Yami turned towards Danielle who lay unconscious on the couch. 'What happened? From the way your eyes were before, I have a feeling you didn't mean for this to happen. Then who?' He turned, found a chair, and pulled it up to the couch.

A few minutes went by and Yami hadn't moved. He did not look anywhere but at Danielle. Suddenly, her eye lids flickered slowly open. "Wha... Where am I?"

"You're inside your house."

She turned to see Yami sitting beside her. "What happened?"

"That's what I was going to ask you."

At that moment, Téa and the guys walked in. Danielle looked over and saw…"Yugi?!?" Eyes wide opened, she turned her gaze from Yugi to Yami, back to Yugi and back to Yami. "What in the world?"

The crew all sat down, speechless. Yami then tried to explain what he had seen happen. When he finished, all eyes were on Danielle. She just sat there. "How did I... I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened."

"Well I know one thing," Yugi finally said. "I'm sorry Yami, but I don't think my Grandpa could handle the shock of this right now. I don't know if you can stay with us until this is fixed. We don't have that much more room."

Danielle looked up. "You can stay here if you like. I have plenty of room as you can see."

"I don't know..."

"What's your other option? Besides, I have to make it up to you somehow until I can figure this out." Danielle looked into his eyes, almost pleading with him. Yami looked at her, sighed and then agreed.

~*~After Téa, Joey, Tristan and Yugi left...~*~

Yami and Danielle had been sitting in the same positions for about five minutes now, neither knowing exactly what to do next. "Umm… I guess I should show you where you will be sleeping..." Danielle moved to get up.

Yami quickly looked up at her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Come on. It's right up here."

Yami followed Danielle up the stairs and to the left. She stopped at one door and opened it slowly. "Here. It's one of the guest rooms. If you need anything, just ask. I guess I could get you some of my father's clothes to wear. They'll be a bit big on you but we can pick up something tomorrow, since it's Saturday. Is that okay?"

Yami nodded, still unsure of it all. He looked over at her, seeing her eyes holding such sorrow as well as uncertainty.

"I'm so sorry, Yami. I don't know what happened." Tears started to form in her eyes. Yami, of course, had no idea why, but reached up to wipe them away. "It's alright. We'll figure things out." He smiled at her. For some reason, he thought he saw her blush, but she turned her head too quickly to be really sure.

"I'll go get those clothes." With that, she left the room.

Yami looked around the room. Thoughts entered his head a mile a minute. 'Why would something want Yugi and I to become separate? There is something great at work here. I have to find out quickly what's going on.' A new thought hit him. "Could this have to do with my past?"
~
Danielle walked in, disturbing Yami's thoughts. "Umm... here. My father wore boxers and a white tank top shirt to sleep. Is that okay? I don't think you could fit into my brother's clothes..." Just holding the clothes of her father brought a wave of tears to her eyes. Yami quickly got up from the bed and went to her. He caught her in a huge embrace. At first, she was shocked and blushing like mad. Then she suddenly let loose and cried her heart out.

"Shh.. It's alright. Let it all out." Yami directed her to the bed and sat her down, not letting go of his hold on her. (And all you people who are thinking evil thoughts right now, shame on you!! *beats you over the head with a ham*)

'She didn't have time to grieve her loss. Her entire family... gone. It must be so hard for her.' She continued to cry into Yami's shirt, getting it completely soaked, not that he minded. All his thoughts were on this girl in his arms. Yami started to sway her back and forth to try and calm her, to soothe her.

They spent about an hour like that until Danielle had no more tears left to cry. Instead, she started to fall asleep. Seeing this, Yami placed her on the bed gently. He pulled the blanket over her to keep her warm. 'Poor thing. She doesn't deserve this much pain.' Suddenly he found himself caressing her face. Her skin was soft and smooth. Her blond hair accented her face beautifully. A stray strand of hair fell over her face. Yami reached over and put it back in place, his hand traveling down her face. When he realized what he was doing, he pulled back. 'What am I doing?'

Yami shook his head and looked around the room. He found a blanket on the end of the bed and picked it up, then walked down stairs to the living room. 'I think I'll take the couch tonight.' He quickly changed into the clothes Danielle gave to him and laid on the couch, covering himself with the blanket and tried to nod off to sleep.

~*~Dream time! Let's start with Yami's~*~

Yami found himself on a horse at night, riding it when he heard someone crying not too far off. "What is that?" He headed over to the sound.

Not too long after, Yami came upon a small stream with white flowers along its edge. He looks and sees a woman by the stream, her head buried in her hands and crying. She is in a white Egyptian looking outfit and has long blond hair.

Yami dismounted and walked over to the girl. "Excuse me, are you alright?" He got down on one knee to see her face. Right before she looks up at him...

He wakes up. His hand goes up to his forehead. "What a strange dream. Or was it a memory?"

Yami did not have much time to ponder that, for he heard a terrifying scream from upstairs. Shooting up from the couch, he headed straight to Danielle's room.

~*~Let's take a peak into Danielle's Dream, shall we?~*~

Danielle found herself in the backseat of a car. There was a man driving, a woman in the passenger seat and a boy sitting beside her.

"Mom? Dad? Sanno? What's going on?"

Her mom turned around to smile at her. "Silly Dyani. We're going to your choir concert. Might as well go early, no?"

Danielle looked horrified. 'Oh no! This is when we...'

Suddenly, she heard screeching tires. Headlights were blaring right at her. "LOOK OUT!!!" Her father turned the wheel quickly, but to no avail. The other car slammed into the passenger side, hitting her mom and Sanno. The hit caused the car to turn and smash into another car, hitting the driver's side. Before the car hit, Danielle let out a horrifying scream.

Next thing she knew, Yami was shaking her. "Wake up!" Her eyes flew open. She was dripping with sweat and looked at him with terrified eyes as she tried to regain control of her breathing. 'I... I haven't had that dream in a long time. Why now?'

"Danielle, are you alright? Danielle??"

The female really looked at him, seeing his eyes held such concern for her. "I... I saw it. The accident. I should have died. It hit my portion as well. I should have died."

Yami just pulled her into his arms and swayed her back and forth as he did earlier. "But you did live. There must have been a reason for you to survive." When he saw that she wasn't really feeling better, he added softly, "I'm certainly glad you survived."

She picked her head up from his shoulder to look at him. He seemed genuine in his comment, calming her, but made her blush, so she looked away again. Not quick enough though, for Yami definitely saw it this time. "Think you can try this sleep thing again?" When she didn't answer right away, he said, "Nothing will hurt you. I'm right here to protect you. I promise." She smiled at him and slowly fell asleep again. He placed her back on the bed and pulled the covers to her chin. 'Why did I say that? Even though I don't know why, I do feel I have to protect her from something.' He looked at her peaceful sleeping form. 'I don't know why, but it feels right.'

He then left to return to the couch and into a peaceful night sleep as well.
~
Danielle woke to the sun shining on her face. 'Thank Kami it's Saturday.' She got out from under the covers and made her way downstairs to the kitchen. On her way there, she walked passed the living room to see Yami sleeping on the couch. 'Oh I feel bad for him. That couch isn't very comfortable.' As she thought that, Yami turned in his sleep. 'I think I'll make breakfast.'

Danielle walked into the kitchen to find what she needed. 'I guess pancakes today.'

As she was pouring the batter into the pan, a sleepy-eyed Yami walked in, causing her to smile. "Morning Sunshine."

Yami looked up. "Good morning. Making breakfast?"

"Yep. Pancakes. I hope you like them. Have a seat."

Danielle looked up and almost died. The clothes fit him almost perfectly. Too well in fact. Her face started burning so she quickly went back to the food. Thank goodness Yami didn't see.

As she was flipping them, Yami came up behind her. "Do you have anything to drink?"

She turned and looked away quickly, for she was blushing like mad again. "Umm… whatever you can find in the frig."

Yami walked over and brought back a carton of milk. Danielle soon brought over the plate of pancakes. "Dig in!"

~*~After breakfast...~*~

Yami started to clear the table. "Umm, I'll do that Yami. You are my guest after all."

"No, I should help out as well. You are providing me with a place to stay." He proceeded to clear the table. (Why can't all men do that? j/k!!!)

"I guess I'll head upstairs and take a shower. I'll leave some of my... some clothes in the guest room for you. I promise to give the room back." She smiled and left the room.

Yami heard the water running as he climbed the stairs. He entered the guest room to find the clothes she had set out for him. Pair of jeans and a black shirt. 'I guess these will do.' He quickly put them on, then folded the clothes from last night and placed them on the bed. 'I wonder. How long am I going to be like this?'

The water suddenly stopped and he heard footsteps walking down the hall. 'That was quick.' A few moments later, Danielle knocked on the door. "You all ready?"

Yami turn to the door. "I guess so." He opened the door to find Danielle standing there in a white button down shirt that tied at the end and jeans. Still those same boots as before though.

"Let's go then. I don't think you want to keep using my fa- those clothes, so let's get you some of your own." When Yami gave a weird look, she added, "Don't worry about it. I owe you anyway for saving me from Pegasus and for what happened yesterday." With that she dragged him to a guy's worst nightmare- the mall!
~
The two came upon a huge building of glass with multiple levels and lots of people. Domino Mall. Danielle took Yami's hand and dragged him inside. "Don't worry. I know exactly where to go." She waltzed right on in and up to level two.

"Come on, Yami. The store's right over there." Yami was dragged into this store with lots of clothes in it. Danielle let go of his hand and looked through the various racks.

Yami stood there quietly as she searched through the stack. Suddenly, she walked up to him with a huge pile of clothes. "Here. Try on what you think you might like. I had to guess at the sizes, so tell me what works and what doesn't."

Without a word, Yami took the pile and walked into the changing room. While she was waiting, Danielle looked around for herself. 'I am a girl. It's in my genes to shop.' As she was browsing, she heard, "Well, what do you think?" She turned to see Yami in a denim button up shirt unbuttoned, a black shirt underneath and dark blue jeans. (*sigh* *throws over bucket* stop drooling girls. It's sad) Realizing she had been staring for awhile, Danielle looked away. "Ye-Yeah. That works well." Yami grinned and went back into the changing room. This whole thing lasted about fifteen minutes. After that, Danielle paid for the items bought and they left the store. "You didn't get anything?"

"I don't need anything. Besides, today's trip was for you, not me." Danielle began to head for the exit, Yami close behind. His eyes wandered around the huge building. 'So many stores and people.' When he looked forward, Danielle wasn't there. "What? Where did she go?"

~*~

Danielle kept walking when she ran into Yugi and company. "Hey guys. We just finished up here."

Yugi gave her a weird look. "We?"

"Yeah, me and Yami. Had to get him something to wear." When she turned towards Yami, he wasn't there. "Oooh no. We must have gotten disconnected in the swarm of people. I'll go find him."

"We'll help. Let's split up and meet at the food court in fifteen minutes. Téa, why don't you and Tristan head that way, Joey take the third floor. I'll go with Danielle."

"Alright, Let's go." The gang all split up as Yugi and Danielle headed straight for the second floor.

~*~

Yami looked around trying to find the woman he had come with. "Where is she? I knew there were too many people here." He walked around until he came to an Egyptian store. 'She might have gone in here.' Yami walked right on in.

~*~

Danielle came out of the store they were in. "They haven't seen him. Where could he be?"

"I don't know. Why don't we try a card shop? He might have spotted a rare card or something."

"Good thinking." As they were walking, Danielle stopped dead in her tracks. 'Oh no. Not him!'

Kaiba walked straight over to her. "Well well. If it isn't the mysterious angel." He put his hand on her shoulder. "Why don't you ditch the kid and we go grab something to eat?" (I know… completely OOC!!! Sorry!!! It's cooler this way!!!)

Yugi looked at him like he had two heads. 'This isn't like Kaiba at all!'

Danielle calmly removed his hand from her shoulder. "I don't think so. I have better things to do with my time. Come on Yugi." They both walked away, leaving Kaiba steaming in his spot.

After checking out the card shop, they still couldn't find Yami.

Suddenly, Danielle's head snapped up, but her eyes showed that she wasn't looking at her surroundings.

"Danielle?"

~*~Inside her mind~*~

Danielle saw something weird. A woman in a white Egyptian looking outfit. Suddenly, she saw Egypt itself. 'Why am I seeing Egypt? Wait, there's a new store in the mall. I think it's all about Ancient Egypt!'

"Don't let him wander off in there alone. The shock will be too great." Danielle stared at the woman in front of her. 'What is she taking about?'

~*~Back to the outside~*~

"I know where he is. Come on." Danielle started sprinting in the direction of the Egyptian store, Yugi trying his best to keep up.

~*~

Yami was looking around inside the store filled with statues of Gods, maps, clothing, just about everything. "May I help you sir?"

The spirit turned to look at one of the sales ladies. "Perhaps. I seemed to have lost my friend in the crowd. I was hoping they came in here."

"I'm sorry sir, but I don't recall a young woman coming in by herself. But could that be her over there?"

Yami turned to see Danielle and Yugi running towards him. "Thank Kami we found you. Sorry Yami. I guess the crowd cut us off. The rest of us are meeting at the food court. You ready?"

Before moving, Yami stared down at Yugi, as if still trying to get use to seeing him like that. The sales woman, unnoticed by the three, stood in the corner, smiling. 'So it is true. This will be easier than I planned.'

The three walked out of the store and headed toward the food court. A huge swarm of people came towards them. "So many people today! Yami, give me your hand. This way we won't be cut off. Yugi, you too." She grabbed both their hands and started off into the crowd. Yugi seemed fine, but Yami was blushing. They got through the crowd safely this time.

Yugi was the first to spot Téa, Joey and Tristan. He ran ahead to tell them Yami was safe while Danielle and Yami walked around more people to get to the group, hands still holding.
~
The gang got out of the mall as quickly as possible to prevent anymore "misplaced members". They all headed to Grandpa's shop to discuss with him what could have possibly happened. (Cuz you know, he's some expert or something... *rolls eyes*)

As they were walking, Yami was quietly thinking. 'I wonder if this is a test of some sort. Maybe to make me able to search my past without bringing any harm to Yugi. But why Danielle?' He kept on pondering these ideas until the shop came into view.

Grandpa was outside sweeping when he saw the usual gang come into view. 'Wait, who is this other male? He looks like…'

"Hey grandpa! We were hoping you might be able to help solve a puzzle for us."

Grandpa looked and realized the new male was a taller version of Yugi. "Could it be? Are you the Spirit from Yugi's Millennium puzzle?"

Yami did his grunt/nod thing in response. The old (ahem- older) man stood in awe of this. "Come inside. Let's figure this thing out."

~*~In the living room (think when Pegasus sent Yugi that tape thing)~*~

They all sat down and thought, Danielle looking incredibly guilty. Yami looked at her and felt bad as well. Suddenly, Grandpa spoke, "I'm not quite sure how this happened, even though you have explained it. But I think that this is a way to find the truth of your past freely as well as testing Yugi."

"Huh? Testing me, Grandpa?"

"Perhaps to see if you are worthy of the puzzle. To see if you are truly a strong duelist without his help." As this new idea was sinking in, he continued. "Yami, I think this means you have to go to the source of your past. From what you have told me, I believe it to be in Egypt and that's where you must go."

Yami look surprised. "Go to Egypt?"

Grandpa nodded. "Her too." He motioned to Danielle.

Not expecting that, she blinked in shock. "Me? Why me?"

"It's obvious you are tied to Egypt as well. If not, then someone from the past is using you to get him to remember. If not to protect him, go to get yourself some answers."

The two looked at each other then at the old man. "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

Danielle sighed. "It sounds good to me. I'm way ahead in the school work and I definitely have the money to cover us both. But..."

"Well, it's settled then. You two should leave by the end of the week. As soon as possible." Grandpa looked at the two and smiled. "The sooner you leave, the sooner you find answers."

Yami sat quietly, thinking. Danielle was also in a train of thought. Both of them were thinking the same thing:

'But how do we find those answers? And what if they are something we don't want to know?'

~*~Does anyone know how to Yodel? It might help on this Cliff you're on. Stop hanging around and keep moving! Review! Oh, and this got you up to Chapter 18… hehe…

Seriously, this is actually where the real story "begins." You have any questions or comments, review and I will answer them in a way you will hopefully understand. Ja ne!~*~