Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The King and Prince of Games ❯ Option one or two? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer, hehe sorry I kinda forgot to put it in my last writing. I don't own Yugioh or any bishonen on it, just let me use and abuse them! Thank you. Oh well like I said in the last chapter there was more to come, and this is the proof, I'm a man, guy, teen, boy, baby, fetus (jk) of my word ^_^. If you find mistakes, sorry dearies ~_~ I'll strive for perfection. Another note I do know that Kaiba is a High Priest (it's my pen name after all) yet right now in present time since Yami is labeled as the King of Games, naturally that would make Kaiba the prince am I right?

-"Speech" 'thoughts'

Chapter 2- Option one or two?

It was a cold night in the city of Domino. It wasn't the winter season yet, the wind had picked up. The city was alive as always. There was constant activity on the streets due to Battle City; this city could now easily be mistaken for 'the city that never sleeps'. However, this was Japan. Duels were always in action and the losers left to pick up the pieces of their shattered dreams. Then the slightly better duelist would be left to later get crushed in an embarrassing defeat. This was a cycle that had gone on since way back when Duel Monsters had first been created and would do so until the King and Prince finally resolve their eternal quarrel. The chances for this were slim to none, since each was obsessed on over powering the other.

The morning mist set over the city; night had just finished minutes ago. Still the sun had not yet begun to creep up over the horizon. Kaiba was the first to wake as he would have usually done since this was the time his body was programmed to awaken every morning to work/run Battle City.

In a rather large hotel room the occupants were none other than the two legends of Duel Monsters themselves. Their Duel Disks had been thrown carelessly on the carpeted floor of the hotel room. Duel Disks weren't the only items that had been forgotten and scattered absolutely everywhere, for example Kaiba and Yami's clothing.

Kaiba stared absentmindedly at the ceiling of the hotel room. The ceiling wasn't exactly in the best of shape either since there were several cracks; even so Kaiba felt the ceiling was put together better than he was at this moment. He was torn; he did the worst thing imaginable last night. Seto Kaiba slept with the enemy.

'I can't believe..I ...But he didn't even attempt to stop this insanity. He wanted this to happen, this was something he could hold against me for the rest of my life. There's nothing I can do to take back what happened ..', Kaiba thought as he looked down at Yami's sleeping form curled up beside him. 'To him this was surely just another card he had to choose whenever he deemed fit to use against me, consequently I had been the idiot who initiated this!' Enraged Kaiba roughly pushed Yami away from him.

This startled Yami, "huh!?", was all Yami was able to manage out after so rudely awakened from his peaceful slumber, because of last night he needed this morning to recover his stamina; not to mention his backside ached of pain that reminded him of a direct attack during a duel.

Yami being who he was, a master at ignoring his own physical state to figure out the pain of others was inclined to find out what exactly troubled the brunette. Yami groaned vocally as he forced his body to a sitting position on the bed while grabbing just enough of the sheets to cover himself. The funny thing was Kaiba had already memorized his body that night and Yami knew this, still he had some dignity left.

"Kaiba what's the matter?" Yami quickly searched his eyes for something other than tainted anger, which scared him since there was evidence of nothing else, save that emotion.

Kaiba was furious; 'how could he possibly ask me that impudent question?' " Are you blind!? Can you not see before you how completely out of our minds we must have been last night to end up in bed together!?"

(Yami's point of view)

'Kaiba was right, my mind had been a jumble and uneasy.' Yami knew in the back of his mind that he wasn't entirely out of his current mental state to not realize what was happening before his eyes when Kaiba held him close in the alley. It didn't take a genius to figure out that Kaiba had come on to him. The night had been a mistake; they just found closure and a sense of security in one another. They were weak and vulnerable right?

" It's ok Kaiba I'm sure we can figure some sort of solu-" he was cut off with Kaiba's sudden outburst.

"Solution?! I'd be dammed if you did find a way to turn back the hands of time. OH! Perchance you don't find a way, I'm sure that puzzle you cherish so much can right all the wrongs."

Yami knew he had just been mocked since it was clear, time and time again that Kaiba did not believe anything of the sorts, may it be his millennium puzzle, or the fact that Marik could control minds.

" Listen Kaiba, it's known that there is no way to change the past it will always be there whether we like it or not. We currently have two choices at hand; one, that we never speak of this again ever and carry on with our lives; or two, we talk about this and resolve something that would benefit us both."

(Seto Kaiba's point of view)

'My mind was screaming for option one, it's the easy way out and we would have to speak of this matter no more.' Kaiba squeezed his eyes shut, unable to keep total focus while Yami sat there looking all the more desirable by the second. Not that he didn't look desirable to Kaiba those countless times as they dueled. He would always be entirely focused on his opponent, Yami. Truth was he had other things on his mind besides Duel Monsters. Three things he counted mentally, Mokuba, Yami, and Kaiba Corp., whose purpose was to enhance the game with high tech products. It was basically still Duel Monster related.

So that really just left Kaiba with two people on his mind Mokuba and Yami. One which he cared for most in the world and one which he hated more than anything, But he wanted Yami, and what a paradox it was.

"Yami, remember yesterday when you asked me if I agreed or disagreed as to the assumption you made that we don't hate each other as we have believed so?" After he had made the statement Kaiba shot open those clear blue eyes, as to reassure Yami that his mind was devoid of any other thoughts. Yami had just assumed that his question had been answered based upon Kaiba's actions the night before. Then again Kaiba had resented it all. Yami began to speak, " Yes, Kaiba?"

"I disagree". Plain and simple was Kaiba's answer, even so, accepting it for an answer didn't abide with The King of Games very well.

(Yami's point of view)

Yami wanted to feel used but he knew that he had also used Kaiba as well. There really was no one to blame for all of this and Kaiba had made his point painfully obvious to Yami that it was not meant to be, and that was for the best right? No, Yami had taken an emotional beating, he felt rejected, he in fact wanted to help Kaiba get through this time, and Kaiba would support him as well. It would have all been something that could be compared to a relationship, although there would be no love for the foundation. They would exploit one another till the time came that they would be at long last with friends and loved ones. 'Why not do that? Why carry on alone?' Yami thought.

Yami felt ill once he saw Kaiba gathering his clothing and dressing in them as quickly as he could. 'That means he's leaving me here, to bare this alone. How could he possibly expect me to forget the events of the night before, it was perfect.....'

He wanted to stop Kaiba; to do anything to keep him there with him even hand him Slifer the Sky Dragon or his right arm. Anything! All for the hope that things could be as Yami had envisioned in his head. Yami was alone in the darkness, the shadows, and Kaiba all but stood there and did nothing!

Yami let out a low growl, then sneered in the direction of his hated rival. He needed right now, not to be in the same room as the brunette. The white walls were closing in on him. The colours of the fabrics and furniture became a swirling rainbow (heh). Yami dove for the black mess that represented his leather clothing and the golden puzzle then staggered directly into the bathroom. Once inside Yami slammed the door causing a framed painting to collide with the tiled floor of the bathroom; it's fragments an endless array of glass for Yami to cause self damage if he wanted to, this idea was appealing yet it really had no meaning.

(Seto Kaiba's point of view)

Kaiba's attention was snapped back into focus once the hotheaded teenager ( 3000 year old) had gone and made such a racket in the bathroom.

" Stupid, Yami", Kaiba almost smiled. Now fully dressed the said C.E.O. stood at the glass doorway that led to the balcony, he eyed the city with annoyance and pure fury. This city had taken away Mokuba and somewhere among the bends and turns of a dark, unknown, corner he was confined with a maniac. 'My little brother, I know you will be brave and wait for me.' Carefully he slipped on his black boots, stylish enough to be worn by Kaiba but comfortable enough to search the city, street by street and alley by alley if he had to.

" And now to find Mokuba."

(Yami's point of view)

Drip, drop, drip, drop, was the noise the shower head made ever since it had been turned off, to Yami the calmer of falling water only brought to his attention that he had been hiding from the C.E.O., even if the brunette was long gone. The crimson eyed boy's shower had long been over. The constant sound was dangerously close to driving Yami insane, even so he couldn't bring himself to leave the security of the bathroom. It had been nearly four hours, the first two; the spirit had spent actually bathing among many things, namely sulking in self-pity, disposing of the scattered glass, not to mention loathing the brunette in the process. Now, another two hours had passed and still nothing was done about his situation until Yami stood as he held the knob of the door, he was terribly weary of his imprisonment in the bathroom. This was when Yami decided to finally muster up enough courage to tighten his grip around the knob of the door, and actually turning it. He took a deep breath only to gasp at the sight before him; it was enough for him to physically choke, which he actually did.

"Well it's about time you came out of there; I had begun to think that you fell asleep and drowned." Kaiba turned around to acknowledge Yami who stood in the center of the room now. Kaiba eyed him suspiciously; it didn't take a genius to realize Yami didn't expect him to still be there, if he had any doubts, Yami's reaction just now proved his theory true. Yami felt a bit uncomfortable he didn't expect to have to deal with the brunette again, it was painful enough to see him there typing away on his laptop as if nothing had ever changed between the two of them. In contrast to Yami, Kaiba seemed perfectly relaxed on the sofa, legs crossed casually as he lazily typed on that laptop which Yami noted he didn't have before. Which meant the brunette had only left earlier to find the item.

As if to assure Yami, Kaiba decided to explain. " I left about five minutes after you stormed into the bathroom, I had originally intended on finding Mokuba without your help today. Then it struck me that I still had the technology of Kaiba Corp at my control, which has proved very useful for the search. As I retrieved my laptop and came back here I realized something I had over looked before. In the database it came to my attention that there are two duelists under the same identification number and name, Marik's plan has one flaw, his men are not very intelligent."

Finally, good news had been delivered to Yami out of the depths of despair, he really didn't think anything good could have come of this day. Kaiba proved him otherwise, Yami was grateful for the devotion he had towards finding his little brother.

" Then you plan to follow them by using the tracking device on their duel disks?" Yami's eyes flashed with new hope and determination renewed. " There's not a moment to lose Kaiba!"

Kaiba placed the laptop carefully of the coffee table; he shifted in his seat a bit as he turned to face Yami. ' Bad news...' Yami stood frozen ready for Kaiba to break some sort of news that wouldn't be too pleasing, reading from the C.E.O.'s body language.

"Currently the dim-witted duelists have their Duel Disks turned off so I no longer have a reading as to where their location is, I had just done some research on the history of their Duel Disks and as it turns out they have yet to be activated."

" Then what does that all mean?!" Yami felt nervous, he paced back and forth slowly on the carpeted floor of the room.

Kaiba sighed for a second then focused his attention to his impatient rival, " This means one of two things, either these are the bottom of the line henchmen who have not dueled yet on account of their master's orders." Kaiba turned his head in the direction of the balcony with worried eyes as he continued. " Or, Marik is smarted than we give him credit for and simply created those false entrees to redirect our attention from him and confuse us, buying him more time."

Yami stopped, and thought, ' Kaiba had gotten us this far it was time I did my part to help Jonouchi, Anzu, and Mokuba.' Yami needed Jonouchi, they were best friends after all and he still wanted to give the blonde back his Red Eyed Black Dragon no matter what. Yami needed to get Anzu back for Yugi's sake, they were childhood friends as Yugi had mentioned to him before in conversations they had those nights when all was carefree. Yami knew that Yugi cared deeply for Anzu, it would break Yugi's heart if he only knew that she was now in the hands of Marik. Yami had to keep this a secret from Yugi, no matter what became of the situation. Yami wanted to protect Yugi from all this, so he did the only thing he knew to be the ideal way to prevent Yugi from getting hurt, whether it be physical or emotional. Yami had put Yugi's mind into a sleeping state, but what a price he had to pay, since now the pressure was overwhelming, there were to many things that had to be dealt with at once. He alone carried the burden, not he and Yugi. Yami wanted it to be this way; this was the least he could do for him, after all Yugi had always been so good to him. Who else would open his heart to allow Yami a place to live again within?

As Yami's arms brushed against the leather of his pants it came to his attention that something was missing. He noticed then that he had forgotten the navy metal-buckled belt he wore around his hips on, that belt held his Duel Monsters deck, but most importantly the treacherous power of the Egyptian God card. Yami scanned the area around the bed, he figured it would still be on the floor, yet it hadn't been anywhere in plain view. He decided to check under the bed this time, it amused Kaiba to see Yami walking about on all fours in search for his lost belt. Yami grunted once he lay flat on his stomach and crawled under the bed, he was annoyed at the fact that finding his belt would turn out to be such a task.

"Kaiba!" Yami hissed from under the bed, then crawled out from underneath. It took some effort to stand; he glared at the brunette as he dusted himself off. 'What was he up to? He knows he couldn't take the God Card without defeating me in a duel first!'

" Alright Kaiba, I'm not in the mood for these games, return Slifer and my deck immediately!"

Kaiba shot up an eyebrow at the 'King of Games' then pointed to the chair in front of him. Yami's eyes followed the direction of his finger, and there in plain sight lay the Duel Disks, and Yami's precious belt; well not so much the belt itself mostly what contents it kept within.

" Before you accuse me of any wrong doing you should know the facts first. I found them earlier and made it easier for you by gathering your belongings in one place. You only had but to ask, I would never stoop so low that I had to steal or hide your cards. It had all been in vain since you took it upon yourself to not trust me." After what Kaiba said it had made Yami feel bad for assuming the worst of him, it was force of habit.

Yami moved to the chair and picked up the said belt then fastened it silently around his hips. He cautiously picked up the disks and placed them on the coffee table, he sighed as he sat face to face with the C.E.O.

'This isn't going to be easy, in fact nothing comes easy when involving Kaiba, that's what draws me to him I guess. I never turn down a challenge. No, that's a lie I've turned down the challenge he's presented to me ever since I acquired the Egyptian God card. How could I take on a duel when knowing full well that my friends had been in danger and I had not a moment to lose?' Yami mentally slapped himself; he spent most of today confined in a bathroom out of his own free will for crying out loud. If time was not the issue then why was it he couldn't bring himself to duel Kaiba when he had the opportunity? What if they had dueled, what if Yami had lost the card to him as a result? Kaiba would no longer need to seek him out anymore, this was what frightened Yami the most, as selfish as it was he enjoyed Kaiba's constant challenges, for it meant that he could time and time again feel the power that radiated from the blue eyed rival. He could gawk at how handsome the brunette looked no matter how angry he seemed at Yami during the heat of a duel. That was what Yami feared the most, the loss of Kaiba; he gave him purpose. They needed one another for inspiration and the fire that was their rivalry, it kept them going.

" I'm sorry, Kaiba" Yami said in a low, soft voice just audible enough for Kaiba to hear.

(

Seto Kaiba's point of view)

Kaiba's head sprung up from his tapping on the keys of the computer to look at Yami, the boy looked pitiful. Kaiba wanted to brush his fingers through that thick tri-coloured hair and whisper comforting words. He immediately cast that thought out of existence, he told himself the only things he needed from Yami were good duels and great sex. Not love, Kaiba wanted nothing to do with that bothersome emotion. 'Wasn't that what Jonouchi was for? The way he and Yami acted toward each other, they probably shared more than just Duel Monster strategies. Especially since Yami had brought him up at least a hundred times.'

'Jonouchi has become such a good duelist. Jonouchi is so noble, he entered Duelist Kingdom only for the sake of his little sister, and the money was for her operation. Jonouchi said he would help me in defeating Marik. Jonouchi this and Jonouchi that.' Kaiba grinded his teeth as he reflected on a few things Yami had mentioned about the 'mutt', as Kaiba would put it.

" Stop wasting your time apologizing to me, when you would rather be thinking of means in which to retrieve that mutt of yours." With that said Kaiba continued with his groundwork on the computer.

" Oh, you mean Jonouchi. He's not the only one I'm worried about Kaiba, there are also Anzu and Mokuba and Yugi."

Kaiba kept his eyed locked on the screen " And what of Yugi, where is he?"

" I put his mind into a peaceful, dream state, I want to keep everything that's happened unknown by him, and he doesn't deserve any of this." Yami made a grim smile.

'You don't deserve this either, Yami', Kaiba thought. "Hmm", was what Yami actually heard from Kaiba.

"Is Kaiba Land still running now during Battle City?" Yami ask from nowhere it seemed.

"Yes, but what does that have to do at all with-" Kaiba was cut off. " Just listen to me I have an idea, I propose we set up a false duel between the two of us tomorrow in Kaiba Land."

Kaiba knew then what Yami had planned the finished his explanation for him " In doing this we would lure the two idiotic henchmen, on account that the others would be too busy dealing with actual duels themselves."

Yami leaned forward on the chair and spoke again, " precisely Kaiba! Then we capture them and force them to tell us the location of the others."

Kaiba stood and looked down at his rival, Yami seemed alive once again although not so much as he would have prior to these events. Kaiba felt a little bit like himself again as well, then it struck him that here they were helping one another, again. 'Is this what Yami meant? Is this what it meant to find security in one another? Did this mean that hate was no longer the glue that held us together?'

" I vote for option two, except without the talking." Said the tall brunette who casually loomed over the leather-clad spirit of the puzzle.

It took Yami but a seconds to realize that Kaiba brought back to life a conversation that had long passed. Yami blushed he knew where this would be leading to; he had no complaints.

There still was no love behind their actions.

A.N (note this has just been edited, wow there were so many typos. Thank you Vivian for calling this to my attention, and if there are any others here that I may have missed feel free to tell me, please. Or if some sentences are too confusing or don't make any sense.)

Finally done, that took me a while I hope my updates don't take too long, but I usually work on the next chapters right away. Was that at all confusing? By choosing option two Kaiba was referring to what Yami had mentioned earlier in this chapter (" Listen Kaiba, it's known that there is no way to change the past it will always be there whether we like it or not. We currently have two choices at hand; one that we never speak of this again ever and carry on with our lives; or two, we talk about this and resolve something that would benefit us both.") That's the part just in case, k ^_^. In this chapter I kinda mentioned a little hinting to Yami/Jonouchi, don't worry it's nothing serious. I try my hardest to stay in character, I hope you guys don't mind that I changed a few things at this point in Battle City to fit the plot of my fic. Please tell me what you think.

meep!