Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The ledgon of a forgotten past revieled ❯ Memories returned part 3: (Joey Tristain and Bakura) ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: Standards apply; I don't own anything except the plot and myself. Thank you so very much for understanding.

Just as Kayla and Yugi's lips were going to meet in their first kiss in over 1000 years, the heavens opened up, letting lose their load upon the small island. Yugi helped Kayla up from where that had been sitting, and in a matter of seconds, their clothing was soaked all of the way through. Kayla's clothes stuck to her like glue, causing anyone that could see her to see some rather unpleasant parts, depending on who you were, of coarse.

"Come on, we need to find some kind of shelter." Yugi told her as he helped the brown haired girl out of the clearing.

"I hope we find someplace fast… it's so cold." Kayla complained, starting to shiver from the cold. Oh how she wished she were not in her fuku still, but orders were orders. But that didn't mean if she were not still alone, she couldn't change. Yugi did know, however, who she really was; which was no surprise to him now. Maybe her detransforming might be an issue, but it would be something he would also have to get used to.

"I see something over here!" Yugi shouted as he reached a small cave like place. "Man, Pegasus sure has a lot of these just floating around… it's like this place is littered with tunnels or something." He told Kayla as he led her to one and helped her to sit down.

"So, what you are saying is most, and maybe nearly all, of this island is man-made?" Kayla asked.

"Looks that way; why I will never know." Yugi explained as he searched for firewood. Finding none, he gave a sigh of frustration. "But Pegasus sure has a problem with heating."

"So I have noticed…" Kayla complained as her shivering got worse she when detransformed.

Yugi and Kayla both took off what they could in order to stay warm as the two of them clung to each other. Outside, the storm raged on and the waves rose high. Water threatened to flood every low-lying area on the island, and even some places that were not in the or near a flood zone looked like the easily could be. Kayla then curled up with her arms holding her knees to her chest. Yugi walked over to her and pulled her close to him. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"I don't know love… I wish I knew how to answer you." Kayla replied in a low whisper.

"Your not looking forward to your task now, are you?" Yugi asked.

"Nope not at all; but it's something I must do." Kayla stated, her tone of voice not changing, but becoming more difficult to hear. This was due to the fact Kayla also laying her face in her knees as she talked.

Yugi then began to sooth the girl and hold her close. The storm raged on and this made it seam hard for anyone to sleep. Yugi was persistent, however, in making sure that his love was safe. Kayla let quiet tears fall as Yugi hugged her close, rocking back and fourth with her and stroking her in a manner that her mother had used to calm the girl. This method soon worked and Kayla was soon asleep in the arms of her love.

Yugi sighed and for several hours, he watched over his love and continued to stroke her, which he found to be very relaxing for both of them. In a matter of hours, Yugi too became calmed and to feel asleep in the cave like place attached to Kayla as he tried all he could to keep her comfy.

********** With Mokuba Joey Tristain and Bakura **********

Bakura and Tristan exchanged looks as the rain began to poor down. Joey picked up Mokuba and drug him inside the same cave the group had tried to get out of just not ten minutes ago or so, it seemed.

"Not back in here again, " Joey complained.

"It's either here or the rain outside; take your pick." Bakura reminded Joey.

"IF you put it that way you do have a point." Joey remarked.

"Wow this looks so cool…" Mokuba exclaimed as he looked at the maze-like tunnels, with the torches that resembled people's skulls.

"Sure, what ever you say Mokuba." Tristan stated, making sure he wasn't making eye contact with the skulls, which creped him out big time.

"Do you think Yugi is alright?" Bakura asked.

"I am sure he is just fine; I'm sure he is with Sailor Moon as we speak." Joey said with a grin.

"I just hope Seto and that strange girl are ok." Mokuba sighed as he began to cry. "Please… be safe…" The young boy whispered as an after thought.

"Don't worry Mokuba." Joey said, hearing the discomfort in the young boy's voice. "Everything will be alright and your older brother is safe and probably wondering if you are the same way."

"Well, when this storm ends, I am going to find him." Mokuba promised himself, making sure no one heard him say that for fear that if he tried to find him, Joey or Tristan, or even Bakura, would try to stop him.

Everyone made a makeshift camp near the cave entrance, making sure they were in the middle and the safest place. Tristan found wood and used one of the torches to create a small fire. Bakura unpacked some of the food supplies Mai had left for them and, with Joey's help, cooked a small supper for the four of them.

Like with Kayla and Yugi, it took several hours for them to fall asleep. The storm was loud, no matter where you were on the island. But like all storms, this one ended and there was a clear, star filled sky after it was over.

When the moon shown through the cracks in the cave, Mokuba woke up and looked around. Joey and Tristan were both snoring away and did not notice when the boy made a move. Bakura wasn't snoring, but he didn't hear Mokuba climb out of a small opening in the cave entrance. By the time Mokuba had reached the surface and looked around, most of the water had dried up. He began his search for his brother and his brother's female friend.

By morning, the sun had dried up most of the flooded water. The cave that Jenna and Seto were staying in had cleared up. Now the ground was just muddy and damp. It would take a wile to dry up.

Bakura groaned and turned over, he then stirred and blinked. He sighed and then noticed Mokuba was gone. "Hey guys! Wake up!" He yelled.

"Watch it you jerk! Don't you have any respect for sleep?!" Joey yelled, not facing anyone.

"Joey! This is important, otherwise I would have let you sleep away!" Bakura yelled in the other boy's ear.

"Mokuba is gone!" Tristan exclaimed after he woke up, due to Bakura and Joey's yelling.

"He will be alright, I am sure he went to find Seto so don't worry." Joey said.

"Joey!" both Bakura and Tristain exclaimed.

"What?" Joey asked.

"Come on we have to split up and find him before he gets hurt, in case he never makes it that far. You are aware Pegasus still wants him are you not?!" Tristan yelled.

"Come on!" Bakura yelled before Tristain and Joey had a chance to get into it.

********** With Kayla and Yugi **********

The sun lit up the place where Kayla and Yugi made camp, casting its warm rays through the cave walls. When Yugi felt it, he stirred and looked over at Kayla. She was still sound asleep, the early morning rays making no affect on her. :: Some things never change now do they? :: Yugi thought as he brushed her hair from her face only to have it fall right back. He smiled and placed his semi-dry jacket over her shoulders in an attempt to keep her warm.

He then went in search of something for them to eat, when he remembered that Tristan had the backpack that had all the food in it. With a groan, Yugi returned to his post beside Kayla while the brown-eyed Moon Senshi slept on. Yugi didn't have to wait long, however, because a few minutes later, Kayla awoke and sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Morning sleepy head; sleep well?" Yugi asked the girl and love of his life.

"Pretty well I think and you?" Kayla replied, yawning.

"Fine. Come on sweetie. We have to find the others today and return their memories." Yugi softly reminded Kayla who sighed.

"Don't remind me. I am not looking forward to it. Have any ideas where to start looking for the others though? I know that Jenna has Seto Kaiba under control." Kayla inquired as she seemed to have a thoughtful look on her face.

"I don't know. My guess, since the storm came on pretty quickly, the others are still where we first met."

"Good point. I take it they still can get underground." Kayla thought aloud as Yugi nodded in agreement with her.

"All the same. Yami could help you find them much better then I could." Kayla added as an after thought as he closed his eyes for a moment. A moment later her love shouted, "Yu-Gi-Oh!" and the same gold light that had covered him yesterday, covered him once again.

Like the time before, Yami opened his a moment later and the light vanished. "What seams to be the problem, princess?" Yami asked after reopening his eyes to look at his long time friend he considered a sister back on the Moon.

"According to Yugi, you can find the others." Kayla began to explain when Yami cut her off.

"I see; to return their memories, and Yugi thought it would be much faster for me to help you look, isn't?" Yami finished for her.

"Yeah," Kayla nodded as Yami helped Kayla onto his back so he could run and not hurt her. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to her.

Kayla shifted so she was on his back in a comfortable position so neither one of them were straining to support the other. Yami then broke into a run as he spotted his friends leaving the makeshift campsite.

"Joey! Tristan! Bakura! Wait up!" Yami Yelled to his friends when he knew he was in earshot.

"What is the matter Yug?" Joey asked as he stopped.

Yami sighed and shook his head. :: When will they learn to call me Yami?! :: his mind screamed for him while his mouth answered. "Well, Sailor Moon needs to help heal you guys, and we are running out of time." Yami explained.

"Sailor Moon? Heal us? But we are not sick." Joey asked as if he knew what Yami meant.

"I don't think he means like that Joey… a different kind of healing… like a healing of the mind. Am I right?" Bakura stated, being the smarter one, aside from Yugi, in the group. When Yami nodded to what Bakura had said, Sailor Moon slipped off Yami's back. Joey made a comment about how out of it she still looked, which set the Moon Princess's temper off and she growled and went into leader mode.

"Smooth move. brainy-ack!" Tristan yelled as Joey gave him this `what did I do now look'

"You just had to go and piss her off, now didn't you Joey?!" Yami yelled before detransforming, or changing, or giving up control, no matter what you called it and once again Yugi stood where Yami once stood.

"Everyone except Yugi sit down in a semi-circle in front of me now!" Kayla shouted, her anger evidence in her voice.

"Remind me never to piss your girlfriend off…" Joey remarked as he cowered and did as instructed. Yugi got behind Kayla then told her everyone was where she wanted them to be.

Kayla then took her place once everyone had quieted. Once again, like with Yugi, her tiara disappeared and a glowing symbol burned brightly in its place. In a matter of seconds, a beam shot from it and broke into 3 smaller beams, one going to each of the three boys in front of her. This caused a different colored symbol to appear on their foreheads. That's when the memories came. Each boy reacted differently, but never the less, they were the same memories.

Joey screamed and held his head and tried to lie face down in the dirt and get away from the beam, which was doing this to him. But try as he might, the bright green symbol of Jupiter remained in place, not shaken at all.

Bakura had a slightly calmer reaction. He cried out in pain, but unlike Joey, he remained with his eyes closed and on his knees, the bright orange symbol of Venus glowing just as brightly.

Tristan had been the one to refuse to sit down like Kayla had instructed, but now he was regretting it. The pain from the memories forced him to his knees and he landed on a sharp rock when he fell, causing him to cry out even more. Kayla had been watching the events through her mind's eye, so she would know when to stop. When she did, everyone had speechless expressions on his or her faces.

"Is everyone alright?" Yugi asked once everything had become quiet.

"Yes, I believe so, " Bakura replied slowly.

"So where is my Lita-Hime?" Joey demanded.

"She, and Sailors Mercury and Venus were ordered to remain back at home while Sailor Mars and I retrieved you guys. Luna doesn't fully trust the outer senshi, seeing is how they still like to play by their own rules." Kayla explained in short rigid breaths, the mind meld taking more out of her then she thought. But then again, Joey's moving around and trying to out run it didn't help, because of that she had to strain even more.

"Kayla!" Yugi cried out just in time to catch his love before she feel back on a patch of sharp rocks.

"So… why did it take two of you to come recover our memories?" Tristain asked.

"Well, the answer to that is simple really," Yugi explained for the passed out leader of the sailor senshi. "You see, Kaiba and Sailor Moon never got a long. Taking into account how Kaiba acts now, before his memories are returned, makes him difficult to approach. Sailor Mars was the only other person aside from Mokuba to get near him long enough to get anything done." Yugi explained.

"So… now we can return to Lita and the other girls?" Joey begged after a few moments of silence hung in the air.

"Yes I do believe so." Yugi said as an evil laugh filled the air….