Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The ledgon of a forgotten past revieled ❯ the jurney home begains ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Oh please, tell me you know I don't know own anything! The plot and Kayla are all I own, so deal with it. The characters from Sailor Moon and Yu-Gi-Oh are being used for entertainment and non-profit purposes only; even though my dad thinks I should do otherwise with them. But again, half the time I don't listen. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Leftover raindrops dripped off the cave roof and created small puddles in a few places on the ground below it once the rain had stopped everywhere on the island. Some even started to form a small river that drained out quickly from the cave.

Janna and Kaiba were sleeping in the middle of it all. That is, of coarse, until a stray raindrop landed in the middle of Jenna's nose. This caused the fire warrior to stir and look around her. The first thing she saw was Seto Kaiba asleep next to her and his hand inches from being looped around her waist. "Seto… Koibito… Wake up." Jenna said softly to her love.

"Blue Eyes White Lightening…" Kaiba mumbled in his sleep as he turned his back to her.

"He even dreams about dueling!" Jenna mumbled to herself as she once again tried to get Seto to wake up.

"Hey! Who is trying to wake me up?!" Seto shouted once Jenna had managed to get him to wake up, but his mind was still half out of it, as was his sight.

"Its only me Seto-kun." Jenna remarked, trying to calm him down.

"Oh… Hi, Jenna… why up so early?" He asked, running a hand through his hair and blinking the sleep from his dark blue eyes.

"Remember, Sailor Moon said she would call me today after she returned the memories of the others. She already revived Yugi's; now I feel she is still working on Joey, Tristan, and Bakura." Jenna informed.

"I don't see a cell phone… how is she going to call you?" Seto asked as he looked at her.

"Well, we have a special type of communicator in which we use to contact each other. The other sailor senshi have a similar device." Jenna explained as she yawned and stretched her sore muscles.

"Oh I see… Let's go then." Seto said as he picked up his jacket, which over night had become dry. He slipped it on and offered Jenna a hand once he was standing, which she accepted with a deep blush staining her cheeks.

Before Kaiba and Jenna had managed to reach the exit, a shadow blocked the incoming sunlight. Both Jenna and Kaiba froze and got into a defensive stance as Kaiba's eyes darted around, searching for the source of it. The shadow became closer.

"Mokuba?!" Seto gasped as the shadowed figure came into clearer view, and he recognized it.

"Where have you been, kiddo?" Jenna asked the younger of the two Kaiba brothers.

"Who are you?" Mokuba asked; alarmed and frightened, he hid behind Seto as proof.

"I am Jenna Hino, a friend of your brother." Jenna stated and Seto nodded to back Jenna up.

"Is she your girlfriend, Seto?" Mokuba asked hopefully.

Seto and Jenna exchanged looks before each of them turned away from each other, blushing like mad. Mokuba grinned with that unforgettable, `I was right look' of his that said volumes and Seto's tone quickly changed; soon he looked like he always did. Mokuba laughed and jumped in his older brother's arms. "So, have you two kissed yet?" He asked and Seto's face became hot again.

"Now, Mokuba… Don't go jumping to conclusions." Seto warned before a shrill beep cut him off and Jenna's comcutior flashed.

"Hello! Mars here; go ahead." She said into the tiny device as her friend's face replaced the small static filled screen hidden in the inside of the lid of what looked to be a red and gold watch.

"Heyya, Jenna-chan. How are ya?" Kayla asked, seeing as she was the one to call.

"Heyya, sis. I am alright and you? I get the feeling that isn't the reason for your call though." Jenna stated with a smile.

"Well, I just called to check up on you. Joey has his memory back and is anxious to get back to Lita. I explained everyone had to be together before we returned home though." Kayla clarified.

"Well, everyone here is present and accounted for. Mokuba must have snuck back to us after running off and we are ready to meet up with you guys A S A P. Where should we meet?" Jenna said as she summarized the events that had happened between Seto and herself over the last 24 hours.

"Do the docks sound good to you? We can take the old fashioned way home. Unless Seto's chopper takes more then two people." Kayla joked and Seto, who had been listening and standing with his arms looped around Jenna, shook his head as if to answer the question.

Jenna smiled into it and said, "Sounds like a plan to me sis. I'll be there as soon as I can."

Kayla nodded and closed the connection on her end as static once again filled the screen. That was Jenna's cue to shut her own.

"That was cool!" Mokuba exclaimed, watching and listening to the conversation. "Can I have one of those?" He asked his older brother.

"No; those are special, and only nine people have them. No more people have them, nor more can be created." Seto tried to explain.

"But that's not fair! I want one!" Mokuba whined and Seto shook his head.

"Come on; we don't want to keep Sailor Moon waiting now, do we?" Jenna reminded, instantly quieting the younger boy.

"That's right!" Mokuba exclaimed jumping for joy. "That means we get to leave this island!" he added, in a little hyper like voice.

Meanwhile, Kayla and the others were having little trouble. Their biggest problem was dealing with Joey's growling stomach. It turned out he made an attempt at eating everything left in Mai's backpack the night before. But Kayla saw to it everyone got something and Joey learned never to tick her off.

"When will Jenna get here?" Joey asked for the hundredth time that day after over hearing the conversation between Jenna and Kayla not even ten minutes before hand.

"They probably have along way to travel." Kayla thought aloud.

"Besides, they are going to meet us at the docks and we all will take the next boat out of here." Yugi added.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Joey yelled, running right for the docks, everyone else struggling to keep up.

Kayla sighed and shook her head as Yugi once again helped her walk the long distance to the boat docks. Joey was the first one there and he yelled at everyone to hurry up. Yugi wasn't to far behind, Kayla on his back covering her ears. "Quiet down, Joey! The whole world doesn't need to know what is going on." Yugi told his friend, trying to get him to quiet down.

"And if you don't mind, I would like to get rid of my headache. I do not want to keep it." Kayla remarked with a moan of pain backing up her statement.

"Sorry Kayla-chan," Joey apologized and ten seconds later, after spotting Jenna, Mokuba, and Seto, began his shouting all over again.

"Joey, please quiet down! You're hurting Kayla here." Yugi begged, having no luck with his blonde headed friend, whom didn't seem to want to listen.

"We are here, let's go home!!!" Mokuba shouted even louder then Joey had been yelling, out of excitement at the thought of returning home. He did not like his stay on the island and he would give anything to get of as quick as possible.

Without warning, the sky once became dark and the temperature began to drop. Kayla and Jenna both gasped all to familiar with the feeling. Kaiba and Yugi both exchanged looks, clutching their girls protectively close. No one dared to breathe as they waited for the worst to happen. Both girls had a death grip on their transformation items as an all to familiar voice filled the air.

"Oh my god…" Kayla gasped, a shiver of cold fear ran through her spine as the voice spoke.

"I thought I got rid of you, Sailor Moon! But I guess I didn't try hard enough..." It said, each vibration from its lips sending chills down both the Senshi's spines.

"Not you again! I thought Sailor Moon sent you back into your world!" Jenna spat at the figure.

"She did, but with the help of my new husband and the Millennium Items, especially the Eye, I was revived and have everything I could ever want; except the remaining Millennium Items, which my husband and I will gladly take from you. Consider this your warning!" the evil voice laughed before the sky returned to normal.

"Beryl…" Kayla stated through gritted teeth before adding, "That which is Moon dust."

"Pegasus and Beryl?!" Yugi and Bakura both exclaimed before they joined in on fainting. Kayla caught Yugi while Seto and Jenna both caught Bakura. With Seto's help, Jenna managed to get Bakura on Tristan's back and they jumped on the next boat that entered the docks before it stopped completely. The small group snuck into one of the rooms where they waited for the boat to be loaded once again and depart for home.

********** Back at the Castle **********

Beryl reappeared in full flesh next to Pegasus, who was sitting at the head of a large table, enjoying a glass of wine. She then kissed her new love on the cheek before turning to his computer that landed in front of her at the press of a button. Pegasus then flipped a switch on his all-purpose remote and a picture of the two sailors and the boys huddled in one of the bunkrooms appeared before them. "Those fools think it's going to be an easy trek home?" Pegasus asked with a smirk.

"Apparently, I believe they do, but the two Sailor Senshi remember me. So this will make our job ten times more fun." Beryl grinned.

"If only they knew…" Pegasus said, his eye glowing under his milky white hair that he used to cover it.