Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Life I gave for You ❯ The Memory of a love that will Ne'er be again ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the plot and Cat and the history lesson chapter, I think.

Chapter 5: The Memory of a Love that will never be Again

I stood in front of Pegasus's mansion. It was just before this thing he was holding called Duelist Kingdom. I was overly depressed and feeling very suicidal, but I had decided maybe this would be something I should see. Eva piloting was terrible. There was too much blood and violence, betrayal and hurt. And I. I was the one. that decided. who lived. and who. died. I remember, calling out to my brother. calling out to Seto for help. I could see him. I saw him as clear as night and day. He heard me from whatever stuffy office he was in, he heard me, saw my tears and pain, and turned his back on my.
"I have no sister," he said and walked away from me. I called out to him and he didn't come back. My tears were red hot and he didn't see that. I wanted his help, like mother promised me once, saying that Seto was the older brother and it was his job to protect me. It showed he did think nothing of our family. I just couldn't bear that one fact. He hated me, his own flesh and blood, and knowing I was hated, my second sight faded. I at the least had my spirit guide, a wolf, to be my 'seeing eye' dog, but I wished my second sight back. Now I stood, at the base of the castle, to see what else life was going to throw at me. I knocked.
"Who is it? Duelist Kingdom won't be for a few days," a voice said.
"Um, excuse me, my name is Katherine Anne Forest, I am here to see Mr. Pegasus. He asked me to come," I said.
"Miss Forest? Oh yes, he did say something about expecting you today. Please come in, the door will open for you shortly. My name is Croquet," he said, "I shall take you to him."
"Good," I muttered under my breath. I really didn't care to know his name, but oh well. The door opened and I saw a fairly tall man, well, really tall, I was really short.
"Welcome," was all the man said as he led me down a hallway. I followed, this thing seemed kinda creepy, but then again, after Eva piloting, what could be scarier than Eva? I shook my head sadly.

"Greetings and welcome Miss Forest," a voice greeted me, "I know you can't see me at all at the moment, so I will introduce myself, even though we have already me. I am Maximilian Pegasus, leader of Industrial Illusions. You may leave now Croquet."
"As you wish sir," he said, and then left.
"Well, Cat, it is Cat, isn't it? How are you? Please, have a seat; it's only 5 steps forward and three to your right," he said, and I followed his instructions only to end up in a very comfortable chair.
"Can I get you anything?" he asked.
"Do you. have any Soy Milk?" I asked cautiously. I couldn't have lactose.
"But of course. I had your favorite brand flown in," he said. Boy was he a bit creepy.
"Thanks, I guess," I said.
"I guess you don't entirely trust me. That's completely understandable. After all, I have known too long about you, and you know nothing of me," he said, pouring me a glass and placing it in my hand.
"I know that you have a partnership with Kaiba corp., and that's about it," I said, taking a small sip.
"Oh, but of course, which is run by your brother, Seto, if I'm not mistaken," he said, and the glass almost dropped from my hand. I stood up halfway.
"Okay, who are you Pegasus? I didn't tell you that, so what the heck are you up to?" I asked; my voice was trembling with anger and rage.
"I am not 'up' to anything. I simply read your mind," he said calmly.
"You invaded my mind, my most private thoughts, and now you expect friendship?" I asked, and focused my psychic powers; two can play at his game.
"Yes, for I had to see if you were the one I had haunting some of my sleep. Ever since I received this eye, a few more than troubling dreams have haunted my sleep. You look and sound exactly like the woman I have been seeing, and I realized from one of my associates who that person is. Do you know the legends of ancient Egypt?" he asked me. I set my glass down, having read his entire mind. It was only fair, I judged. And he wasn't evil, not from what I sensed. I sat back down.
"Only from what I read in my books and heard in stories," I said.
"Well, the game of Duel Monsters actually originated from ancient Egypt, from a shadow game that was played for power, money, land, control. It became too powerful to control, so it was sealed away. I hold one of the items that have part of that power, the Millennium Eye," he said, "It has the power to see into other's minds.
"So you cheat?" I asked.
"It depends on what you qualify as cheating. I am merely using my resources to win. But I digress. What I know is that there was a woman there, in ancient times who had unlimited access to these powers, for she protected many people with them and was the advisor to a Pharaoh of great power himself. This pharaoh feel in love with her, and the two of them worked as a team to control these powers. These powers became too much to handle, and so they had to be sealed. The problem was, the Pharaoh had to be sealed with it, in order to prevent it from happening again, and one had to give up their life so that the Pharaoh could return. The one who did it was none other than the one who loved him the most, his fiancé, the one who had unlimited powers of the game and the shadow realm where it was played," he said.
"Why. why are you telling me this?" I asked.
"Because of the fact you and you alone have that connection to ancient Egypt. The guardian of the millennium items believes that you are the reincarnation of this Gypsy Priestess," he said.
"Why is that bad?" I asked, entirely confused. I was some dead sacrificial chick's reincarnation?
"The person who sacrificed her life for the Pharaoh was never meant to come back to life. Never meant to be reborn either, I'm afraid," he said.
"What has this got to do with me? I don't care for some dead guy, nor do I wish to get involved in some ancient war. I have problems of my own Mr. Pegasus and I don't need more," I said, getting angry at the thought that I am no more that a reincarnated body for some dead girl!
"That's why there is an issue. Because you were born with such destinies and the fact you don't remember five millennia ago," he said, "Which now raises the question as to whether your ancient memories are still in existence, because whether you like it or not, you are a reincarnation, but not one just to be a body for an ancient person. It's hard to believe, but true, because you have the other destinies, but also, and this is very important, because you were reborn as Seto's sister. That above all else is the most important thing. I only know that much. I was told to tell you to go to Egypt, to learn more. Your powers will tell you what to do, and furthermore, I wish for you to return. I need to teach you how to duel. That is important to. For now, however, you can summon the monsters and magic and traps in the cards I have given you, but you need to learn the rules," he said, "I really do hope you will accept my friendship."
"I don't get any of this. It sounds familiar. But you know what? After this past year and a half, I don't want to understand anything, I just want to be alone," I said, "I have a life of my own to live."
"And yet, you can change that life. I only offer you the tides of friendship. I can help you, you know. And before you go, please take this. I took great care into finding it, so please do consider my offer," he said, and placed a small necklace in my hand.
"What do you want in return?" I asked, feeling a button, I pressed it, and it opened, like a locket.
"Nothing. Trust me; I don't intend to be on your bad side. That is a picture that was taken about 9 years ago, of you and Seto. Keep it safe, it is the only picture remaining," he said. I couldn't believe I held a picture of my big brother in my hand, with me by him. I didn't know what to make of all of this.
"I'll go to Egypt, and then as soon as I come back here I want some more answers concerning my brother," I said.
"I will answer any questions as I am able. He should be arriving here in a few days, perhaps, and I wish to know if you have anything you would like me to ask him. You do have a question, don't you?" he asked.
"Yes. Ask him his only sister asks why? He should know what that means. Just ask him why?" I said, then stood, and gulped down my glass of milk.
"I know it will be hard on the both of you then. I shall escort you to the door. Come along, dear," he said, and took my hand. His hand was warm. He wasn't evil, that much I knew.