Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Older Years ❯ Dinner ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2 - Dinner

Yugi slept through the alarm clock screaming in his ear. Yami walked in only dressed in black boxers. Yami was the same height he used to be but he had a bit more muscle. Yawning Yami shook Yugi awake gently. No response. Yami shoved Yugi. Still no answer. Yami resorted to pushing Yugi out of bed which woke the adult up.

"Ugh...what time is it?" Yugi questioned annoyed that he was woken up so early.

"You have a meeting-" Yami yawned, "with your investers this morning at nine Yugi. Get up. I'm going back to bed. I don't have to be at work till noon."

"I wouldn't have been so tired if I wasn't kept up by moaning coming from the open bedroom door!" Yugi snapped turning the shower on and climbing in.

"Well you should have closed it," Yami replied calmly back. He of course knew this would bug Yugi since they went over this every morning.

"I don't want to know what you two do in there," Yugi replied wrapping a towl around himself then his hair.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Yami asked questionably.

"You know what I'm talking about," Yugi pulled on a black business suit and gelled his hair. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and get breakfast. Oh and remind Ishizu if she needs to use the guest bathroom put fresh towls up when she's done. It really bugs me." Yugi left for his car. On his drive to work he stopped by a Time Hortons. (A/N: Which I do not own and I don't own 2nd Cup either!)

He turned the radio on in his car.

The weather today will be sunny and warm. No chance of showers and now for your favorite music...

Yugi turned the radio off and plugged his portable CD player into the car. He put on the song LIfe Styles of The Rich and The Famous by Good Charlotte (A/N: Again which I do not own) and listened to it. This song always calmed him down. His morning wake up call did not help much. He still had tones of paper work to fill out, resumes to read for a new secretary since the one he had quit due to maternity leave.

How he wished he had a family. He wouldn't have to spend all his time in his stuffy office. It would give him an excuse to get out for lunch and take some time off for a vacation. He envied Joey and Kaiba. They had a great family life. He wanted that kind of life. He was grateful for his friends and Yami who was registered as his brother but it also added to the fact that most of them had strong relationships with someone. He began to wonder if he would ever have something like that. I wonder...

Yugi sat in his office typing up another boring letter. After the long lecture this was a relief, well somewhat. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Yugi spoke from behind the lap top.

"Sir, a woman is here to see you. Her name is Mai Wheeler," the woman replied.

"Send her in and could you get me and Mrs. Wheeler a cup of juice. I've had enough coffee for tonight. Make it fruit punch," Yugi said politly.

"Of course sir, Mrs. Wheeler you may go in." Mai walked in. She still looked pretty much the same although her hair was taimed a bit and done up in a bun. She wore a white dress that tied around the neck and ended around the ankles. She wore plain white high heels. It was a simple summer dress.

"Hi Yugi. How are you holding up?" Mai asked sitting down without waiting for the consent to.

"Fairly well, work keeps me busy. I also went for a coffee with Serenity yesterday. She asked me a question along the same lines," Yugi replied closing the laptop after saving his work for the night. "This job can be a killer sometimes. I often wonder how Kaiba deals with this."

"Well...Kaiba has time to relax with Alexandria now so I wouldn't worry about him. Would you like to come to dinner tonight? I know Serenity already asked you but I wanted to ask you too." Mai fidgeted in her seat. The secretary came in with two glasses of juice and handed one to Mai. "Thank you."

"No problem miss. Mr. Motou I was wondering if I could leave now? The phone lines are off and the answering machines are on."

"Go ahead. I'm going to be heading out soon and it is a Saturday."

"Thank you sir." The woman left without another word.

"Can I ask you a question Mai?" Yugi asked weakly.

"Yes."

"What's it like to have a family of your own?"

"It's wonderful. Yugi I know one day you'll find one of your own. Any girl who gets you is lucky." Mai assured him. "Now let's get going. I don't think a sick Joey can handle two children who have been in the sugar and one sick one don't you think?" Mai laughed a little and smirked.

"Let's go," Yugi smiled and got up.

Soon they were at the Wheeler house. Yugi smiled as the scent of Duck A La'Orange with Chocolate Moose, white wine and orange juice. They all took their seats at the table and dug in. Yugi hadn't enjoyed a meal like that in a while. After he was done he leaned back in the chair.

"Thank you. I haven't eaten like that in a while," Yugi thanked.

"ACHOO! It's okay Yug...ACHOO! I'm going to bed now. ACHOO! ACHOO! ACHOO!" Joey walked up to his and Mai's room taking Katie along with him. Katie had long blonde hair and brown eyes. Jake had short blonde hair with violet eyes, and Chris had short blonde hair like his brother with brown eyes.

"Chris, Jake time for bed. Come on," Mai shoved the boys upstairs.

"Why so early Mai?" Serenity asked taking a sip of her drink.

"Unforntually they caught the bug too," Mai sighed, "Sorry Joey couldn't be down here. He's really sick."

"Oh that's okay. I hope my niisan gets better. Katie and Joey got the worst of it didn't they?" Serenity inquired.

"I'm afraid so. I got my shots I'm good. Anyway...do you guys need a ride home?" Mai asked.

"No," both replied and blushed, "Brought my car," they both chanted once again. They all laughed.

"I see, well...I have to start cleaning up. You two take your time getting home, I'm not sure you should drive tonight. Maybe you could stay here? No you are staying here! No two ways about it. You both had drinks."

"I suppose," Yugi sighed, "I don't have bed clothes."

"Me either."

"Don't worry about it. I'll help you there. Do you have to work tomorrow?" Mai asked putting the dishes in the sink.

"No," both replied at the same time. They had another laugh before helping to clean up. Yugi sighed.

"Still bugged by the family issue?" Mai asked kindly.

"Yeah..."

"Come to think of it, I want one too. I mean...I envey you Mai. You have a great husband, three darling children..."

"She's got a point Mai. You have the world," Yugi commented with a smile. "It must be wonderful. I have Yami but most of the time he's a work or with Ishuzu doing who knows what. It's really rather disdurbing," he chuckled a little and continued to dry the dishes.

"I wish I had one. It would be so wonderful," Serenity grinned day dreaming about what it would be like, "I can just picture it. I would be sitting in the kitchen waiting for the cookies to finish baking, two children that would look like me and my husband would run in calling mommy. My husband would come home from a hard day at work and I'd make him coffee and later we'd do something private," Serenity snapped back to reality.

"That sounds wonderful. I'm sure you'll find your dream comes true. I still remember the day Joey and I got married. He was so nervous standing there. I had to laugh...sweating like crazy and you Yugi; twitching."

"I didn't twitch!" Yugi replied defensivly.

"Oh yes you did," Serenity gigled. "You were funny!"

"Okay...I twitched a little, it wasn't as bad as Joey though. I thought he would melt in that tux. It was funny. Tea had to drag Kaiba into the church! They ended up getting married three years after. Kaiba sweated so bad!" Yugi laughed harder than before and had to sit down. Mai and Serenity joined him at the table.

"Anyone thirsty?" Mai asked.

"I am!" Yugi chirped up.

"I'll make something. There's only one room upstairs for a guest and the couch," Mai moaned.

"I'll take the couch. It's no problem," Yugi said standing up. "I'm going to get some sleep. See you in the morning," Yugi was just about to walk out of the kitchen when Mai stopped him.

"Yugi there should be some bed clothes near the TV. They're fresh so just get changed and good night." Mai smiled.

"Night all," Yugi replied.

"Night," Serenity blushed slightly.

A half an hour later Yugi was fast asleep on the couch. This gave Mai some time to talk to Serenity alone.

"You like him," Mai said.

"Yes. He's my friend...best friend other than you."

"No...as in you like like him," Mai replied, "Maybe even love?" Smirking she took a sip of her coffee.

"Mai! I-uh...so how did you like dinner?" Serenity asked trying to change the subject.

"You're trying to change the subject hun, but I'll wait till you tell me when your ready. Dinner was nice, thanks for helping to clean up." Mai put the clean dishes away and sat back down at the table. Serenity yawned. "You should head to bed. You look tired," Mai shoved Serenity upstairs and they both got ready for bed.

"Uh Mai?" Serenity asked through her door.

"Yes?"

"Isn't this a little revealing?" Serenity asked walking out in a silk pink night gown that ended at the middle of her upper legs and had thin straps. The top cut was a little low but not too low and it showed her curves nicely.

"No! I've been saving that for you. You look wonderful...we should get some sleep now. Night," Mai waved good night and headed into the bedroom she shared with Joey.

"Night," Serenity muttered tiredly and closed the bedroom door and crawled into the warm bed. The sleeper was actually very comphy but she'd have to remember to put the pants that she hoped came with it on in the mornig. Serenity fell asleep fast.

Yugi woke up to the smell of bacon, egss, three screaming children, Joey telling them to wait a sec, Mai yelling at Joey for spilling coffee on her and Serenity yawning walking down the steps. She was still wearing the night gown if you could call it that and no pants under it. Yugi brushed some sleep from his eye and sweat from his face. He usually slept topless and hoped it was okay today. When the two caught sight of each other they backed away for a moment before moving foreward to the kitchen.

"Hey auntie Serenity uncle Yugi!" Katie and Chris yelled jumping from their chairs tackling Yugi and Serenity to the floor.

"Morning to you too," Serenity smiled, "Do I get a hug Jake?"

"I guess," Jake gave Serenity a hug and returned to his seat.

"DADDY HURRY UP!" Katie whined.

"Katie what did daddy and I tell you about whining for your food?" Mai asked in a mother like voice.

"Not to."

"That's right, now wait your turn," Mai set a plate in front of Jake and Chris. She came back with three plates, one for Katie which was buldging with food, and two other plates, one for Yugi and one for Serenity. Mai set a plate down for herself and Joey next. Soon everyone was seated at the table eating their food and talking about things here and there.

"So Joey, how's the restaraunt doing?" Yugi asked putting his fork down on the empty plate.

"Good, been busy though. Had a day off yesterday thank Ra I did," Joey sighed and set down his own fork, "When are you going to get married Yug?"

"Joseph!"

"OHH! Daddy's in trouble!" Chris laughed.

"Shut it Chris." Joey moaned.

"Joey! Oh well...just a normal day," Serenity sighed. They all heard a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," Yugi went to the door and opened it. "Hi Tristan. Can Tristan come in?" Yugi yelled to the kitchen. Serenity nodded her head no but Joey said sure.

"Hey Serenity! You want to go out tonight? There's a great party down town," Tristan told her.

"Um..." her cell phone rang, "Just a sec. Let me take this out there," Serenity went to the bathroom, "Moshi moshi who may I be speaking to?"

"Kaiba here, could you come in early today? I need you to work late today...Kareen got sick."

"When do I have to be in?" Serenity asked.

"About ten minutes."

"WHAT?!" Serenity exclaimed. "Fine, be there." Serenity shut her phone off and ran to get dressed. She ran past the kitchen, "Call me later Mai got to go to work now, bye!" Serenity ran to her car and sped off to work.

"Uh..." Yugi sweat dropped slightly and laughed, "Kaiba has her working hard." He gathered the dishes and put them in the sink. "I don't mean to be rude but I have to get going. The house isn't going to clean itself."

"Okay Yug. See you later." Joey put Jake on his shoulders, "Come on. Let's go play some base ball."

"I wanna play too dad!" Chris moaned.

"Okay...come on. Time for some man to man fun in the sun base ball!"

"Daddy I wanna play too!" Katie yelled angrily.

"You're a girl! Not a boy! So you can't play!" Chris yelled.

"Oh yeah! I can take you down anyday!" Katie tackled Chris to the ground.

"Forgot my keys, wow...Katie can fight," Yugi was a little shocked.

"DADDY HE'S PULLING MY HAIR!"

"SHE'S RIPPING MY SHIRT!"

"DADDY!" Both yelled and continued to wrestle.

"Oh dear..." Mai and Joey pulled the two children apart. "Upstairs to your rooms! Both of you!!!" Mai yelled scaring to the twins. They ran upstairs. "Sorry about that Yugi. It's just that last time they did that Jake ended up breaking his leg. I send them upstairs where they fight it out. Their room is padded...made sure of it."

"It's okay. I understand...it must be hard sometimes. I must get going now. I have to wash the clothes, do the dishes, man do I have a lonely life..." Yugi moaned.

"Hey guys...where'd Serenity go?" Tristan asked walking into the kitchen.

"Dude she left," Jake told him, "You leave Aunt Serenity alone."

"Listen kid, I know Serenity's gots the hots for me, so I know she'll love to go out with me," Tristan snapped.

"Please!" Jake scoffed. "He'll find out. Daddy I'm going to go play on the Game Cube." Jake ran out of the room.

"Yeah..." Joey sat down at the table, "Tristan do you honestly think you stand a chance with my sister?"

Mai joined him, "I'd say Yugi has a better chance than you."

"What?! Yeah right!" Tristan left, "I got to go to work. Bye," Tristan left for his motorcycle. The bike sped off down the road.

"Honestly...he drives me crazy sometimes. I can't picture Serenity going out with him, I'd rather see her with Yugi."

"I have an idea Joey. How about we set them up on a blind date?" Mai asked.

"Are you kidding?" Joey asked, "Seriously are you kidding?":

"No. I'm perfectly serious, and no I'm not crazy. Weren't you just saying you'd rather see Serenity with Yugi?" Mai kissed her husband on the lips.

"Okay...butter me up why don't ya. Ugh...every time, when and where?"

"Let's decide that in a while...Let's go upstairs," Mai had a sly smile on her face.

"Whoo HOO!": Joey ran up the stairs.

I see he's still got it in him, Mai laughed and walked up the stairs.

End Of Chapter 2