Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Past ❯ The Tournament ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

The Tournament

Yugi couldn't believe it. Two years after the duelist Kingdom, another torment was being held. Bukura, Joey and he had signed up for the tournament. The first round was being held not far from the school. They chatted happily away as they walked over to the grounds. They had no idea that one of their old and yet new friends had spotted them.

"Yugi!" A girl yelled as she waved her hand high in the crowd. Seeing that he had heard her but couldn't see her, she started to run over. "Yoh Yugi! AH!"

She tripped over the sidewalk and slammed strait into Yugi, knocking each other to the ground.

"AH!" Yugi cried as well.

"Boy!" The red hared girl joked as she blushed. "I'm graceful! How are you? Remember me?"

"Kari?" Yugi asked looked surprised. "Is that you?"

"None other!" She said with a happy smile. She had changed since Yugi last saw her. Her hair had grown shoulders and had been pulled back into a ponytail. She was wearing an outfit almost the same as Yugi, except for the pants, she wear a leather mini skirt with leather boots. "I knew you would come for this event. So what are you doing? Are you going solo or groupie?"

"Groupie?" Bukura and Joey asked together as Kari got up and helped Yugi as well.

"You've never heard of groupies?" Kari said astonished. "It's like tag teams, except they're made up of more than two people. The highest number is five but you chose how many. Those who know about it always do it. Makes the game more fun and interesting,"

"Kari!" A little boy cried as he rushed up to the small group. He wasn't very old. He had black hair and puppy brown eyes, unlike Kari's dragon green. He wore a pair of jeans and a red long sleeved shirt with red and yellow strips on the sleeves. "Kari, Seto is awaiting for us! Oh hi Yugi!"

Another person came walking not far from behind. He looked serious and worried at the same time. He had brown hair and blue eyes.

"Mokuba, don't go wondering so far away," Seto Kiaba told his little brother and took his hand. Kari smiled at him. "That goes for you too,"

"I'm just talking to friends," Kari said with an innocent smile. Seto didn't look amused. "I won't stray far,"

"Why does he care about you?" Joey asked once Seto was out of earshot.

"I'm sort of the sister in his family now," Kari answered. "Don't worry. He just doesn't want Mokuba or me kidnapped again,"

"How did you become family to him?" Tristan asked as he had over heard Kari's replied. "Hey Kar. Good to see you again,"

"Hey Tristan," Kari replied as looked strangely at Joey. "Ah, Joey? Could you stop goggling at me? It's freaking me out,"

"Sorry,"

"Remember when I told you guys that I needed to find Seto Kiaba? That I had some thing that belong to him?" Kari explained. "Well it was the card Mokuba was trapped inside of. When I gave it to him and released Mokuba, Seto learned that my parents died a few years ago and took me in. He's actually a nice guy once you get to know him,"

The group just stood staring.

"GIVE ME A BREAK!" Kari cried in annoyance. "So are you going grouping. Seto and I are looking for some more teammates. Tag Teams aren't allowed,"

"Sure!" Yugi said only to get a strange reaction form Joey. "We could all be a team,"

"Great!" Kari replied and gave a quick kiss on Yugi's cheek. "I'll tell Seto. Oh and Yugi?"

"Yeah?" Yugi replied in surprise from Kari's kiss.

"That was Naffinni that kissed Yami!" Kari yelled with a giggle.

Yugi grinned happily.

"What?" Tristan asked.

"She lied," Yugi replied and left them to do their own thinking.