Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Past ❯ Osiris ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three

Osiris

After the hot and warm meal, almost everyone was tired out. Only Kari ate little. When Yugi asked why, she told him that she wasn't hungry at the moment and stuck to the apples. Annie threw off her normal bad jokes and sent puppy love eyes in Seto's direction. To her disappointment, he ignored her completely. Siriso told them about his collections and how he had been a great duelist himself once. After two apples, Kari refused to eat anything else.

"Kari," Seto ordered. Being the oldest to his little brother, Seto had taken on the fatherly like figure for both Kari and Mokuba. "You need to eat something more then just that,"

"I'm not hungry, Seto," Kari answered and looked at the necklace with wonder. "I guess, I've lost my appetent today,"

"Kari you haven't eaten since breakfast," Yugi pointed out. He looked into her eyes to see a tear forming. "Are you okay,"

"Just thinking of mom and dad," Kari answered. "It's hard on you when you see your parents crush because of their best friend,"

They remain silent at the table.

"So!" Annie asked. "Why are the meatballs black anyway?"

"Egyptian delicacy," Kari replied as she leaned back and sighed.

"What?"

"It's mashed up flies,"

Joey's face turned a strange green along with Yugi's, Seto's, and Bukura's. Timmy yelled cool; Brad stopped eating and Annie screamed. Only Siriso continued to eat.

"You know your places don't you, Kari," He complimented.

"I know a lot of things," Kari hissed in an angry tune. "More then you think!"

After the meal, the two groups sat in the cozy bedrooms Siriso had prepared for them. The time was much too late for dueling and they all had had a long trip. Seto had gone to call Mokuba and tell him that both he and Kari were fine. He had no idea that Kari wasn't fine. Yugi watched her sitting in front of the fireplace, looking deep into the fire and yet, past it. Both he and Yami could feel a ton of mixed emotions. Hate, angry, frustration, love, and sorrow filled the young body of the child. He took a place next to her as a tear started to fall down her cheek. Being shy, Yugi allowed Yami to take place. He found it amusing that she sat there playing with the cards, placing them where they were needed, and yet not caring at all.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"What do you think, Yami?" Kari asked in a half-sad and half-annoyed voice. "Is it a gift or a curse?"

"How could you tell it was me?"

"You're five inches taller then Yugi is," Kari answered as she looked at him. "But that wasn't my question,"

"What did you mean then?"

"The pieces. Are they a gift or a curse?" Kari repeated. "I mean, sure you can live forever inside them, but you may never feel physical touch again. Why did I have to loss my parents? What did I do? What did they do? I just don't understand,"

"I guess no one does Kari," Yami answered. "And I can't answered your question for I don't have the answered,"

She stared into the fire and shivered. "Is it cold in here?"

It was then that they both realized the place was dying down around they. Yugi felt uneasy as he saw his friends walk in as well, each bewildered. Kari screamed along with Yugi as they split into two.

"What's happening?" Timmy asked as he saw the two Yugis and Karis stand up. "Where are we?"

"Shadow realm," Kari whispered feeling very weak. Yugi helped her stand but even that she had barely strength for. "Don't bother Yugi,"

"Why?"

"I can't move," Kari answered as Seto got a hold on her. Her breathing became shallow. "I'm so tired. He put sleeping potion into my food. He has us where he wants us,"

"Naffinni," Siriso called smoothly. He smiled menacingly at her and held out his hand. "There's too much potion in the mortal's body for her to survive. Take my hand and she shall live,"

"Naffinni no!" Yami cried. He cared for the child but he could bear to lose Naffinni again.

"Yami," Naffinni replied. She remained calm and kind to him. "If I don't, you will lose me only again. The soul can not be without the body. Kari has to live for me to live as well. Don't worry, she carries the millennium necklace. Help her unlock it and we will be together again," And with that, Naffinni took Osiris's hand and vanished, just as Kari awoke.

"She did go with him didn't she?" Kari asked as Joey nodded. "SHIT!" She screamed as she kicked a chair over.

"Like what was that?" Annie asked. "Why were there two of you?"

"Because I am two people in one body!" Kari screamed. "GOD DAME IT! WHAT DID I DO HUH?! WHAT THE HELL DID I DO?"

"What are you talking about?" Brad asked.

"Everything… everyone I started to become friends with or love dies in front of me!" Kari yelled as she started to cry uncontrollably. Yami hugged her in effort to calm her. "Why am I curse?"

"You couldn't do anything," Seto assured her. "What are we going to do?"

"Um if I may ask," Brad asked nervously. "What did she mean with Shadow realm?"

"Not what. Where," Bukura explained. "The shadow realm is a place,"

"The shadow realm is a place where the pharaohs play a dangerous game one millennium ago. They fought with the same monsters on your cards except the monsters were real," Yami explained. "I was the pharaoh who sealed the Shadow Realm ages ago,"

"Huh?" Annie and Brad asked together.

"It's a twisted reality!" Kari groaned. "And we are trap inside of it until we play his game!"

"And that's hard?" Annie asked only to get a very annoyed look from Yami and Kari.

"Osiris was a god back in the Egyptian time," Kari growled. "What do you think!"

"Well you don't have to be mean!" Annie muttered. Timmy walked up to Kari.

"Kari," He asked looking scared at her. "Does this have to do with that necklace?"

"yes," Kari sighed. She walked over to her backpack and pulled out an old case. "Pay back."

"What's in that case Kari?" Seto asked. He had never seen it before. It was a plain looking box, made of wood and gold painted symbol of Ra on its lid.

"I most treasured items," Kari answered and pulled out five stacks of cards. "The Forbidden Cards of darkness,"

Only Yami reacted by taking a stack. Yugi looked over his shoulder, when Kari handed him a stack. Yami looked bewildered at them as he looked threw them.

"I've never seen these cards before," Seto replied as he looked as one with a picture of a fierce looking stallion with fire hooves. "Toron the Hateful?"

"Of course you haven't seen them before," Kari laughed. "My uncle designed many of the Duel Monster cards. Those that were rejected by Pegasus, by published himself as official cards. When he died, I took them before my aunt did. She would have sold them, just like the necklace. None of the cards in these deck are known at all, except in the Shadow Realm,"

"So what are we doing?" Bukura asked looking confused.

"We are going to play a game," Kari answered and put the box away. "I'm going to teach that jerk not to mess with me! Annie, Brad, Timmy stay here,"

"But I want to came with you," Annie cried. She hated missing out on things. "Why can't we came to?"

"Annie," Kari yelled before softening. "You don't want to came with us. In fact, I don't want any of you with me,"

"WHAT?!" Everyone yelled in surprised.

"Are you crazy?" Yami yelled as Yugi grabbed a hold of him. "He'll kill you before you get started in a game!"

"Joey! Bukura! Seto!" Yugi pleaded. "Help!"

"I don't care!" Kari answered looking away. "I'm Naffinni's only hope. I gave you the cards to remember me by,"

"You're mad!" Yami yelled wail Seto, Bukura, Joey, and Yugi struggled to hold him back. "Not even Seto would agreed to that! It's murder!"

"It's my gift," She muttered as if she hadn't heard a word Yami had said. "It's my curse, but you knew that when you loved a god,"

Yami stopped in surprise. "How did you know?"

"Naffinni always said," Kari smiled weakly as she opened the door a little. "I'm not from this world,"

She turned her back to them and bit her lip as Yugi placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Let us help you," He said. It pieced her like a knife. She loved Yugi too much to put his life on the line.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" She screamed and ran out the door. "I hate you all! I wish I never met any of you!"

Yugi ran after her knowing the words weren't true. Yami, Bukura, Joey, Timmy and Seto were following him. Annie was hurt by Kari's words. They had been friends since they met. Even Brad was hurt.

"Osiris!" Kari screamed as her heart filled with uncontrollable hate. "SHOW YOURSELF! I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!" silences. "ANSWERE ME YOU SICKO!"

"Kari stop!" Yugi cried as he got a hold of her. He slammed her across the cheek to knock some reason into her. She stood shocked. Yugi was sure she would hit him back. Instead, Kari flung her arms around him and cried into his chest. "There, there,"

"I don't want to loss you Yugi," Kari whispered threw the tears. "I've already lost my parents. I don't want to loss my love as well,"

Yami manage to reach them first and signaled for the others to stop. Seto watched almost hateful at Yugi holding Kari, trying to comfort her. He wanted to be that person. He almost jumped when Timmy took his hand and pulled it. He looked down only to see the small child pointing horrified at the hallway, Seto nudged Yami to gain his attention. Osiris stood in the hall, smiling.

"I accept," He called. Kari jumped horrified. "I'll started the game,"