Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Plan ❯ Because every chapter should have one ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silver: So so so so so so so so so (etc. etc.) Sorry that it's been over a year since the last update. I have no real excuse other than I lost the motivation to write for some time after a bad nine weeks in English at the beginning of last year. This year, however, the AP Lit class is so boring and easy that I find myself with plenty of time to write.
 
Tiger: And you can all thank Littlemermaid325 for kick starting Silver's inspiration with her constant Harry Potter fanfic writing. Go read her stuff if you like Harry Potter at all. She's good (and she titled her humor piece from the working title of this fic, an inside joke).
 
Disclaimer: Mentioning again (in case I didn't before) I in no way own Spongebob Squarepants or the F.U.N. song, they are owned by Nickelodeon (which I also do not own). And as always: Yugioh! is owned by many many people, none of which are me.
 
Silver: That should cover everything on the disclaimer (don't want this taken down because I broke a new rule). Oh, as always, watch out for the mature language, and all the pairings from ch.1 still stand. You have been warned.
 
Tiger: On with the fic already!
 
Last time on The Plan:
 
"Ryou, you can't be serious, you really expect me to get a job. You know I can't get a job. I'd love to, but I'm…umm… allergic…yes, that's it…I'm allergic to work," Bakura said smugly, thinking he had wormed his way out of it. He turned in his chair to find Ryou glaring down at him, nostrils flared, holding a butter knife menacingly. He gulped, "On second thought, a little work never hurt anybody."
 
And without further Adieu I present to you…
 
Chapter 4 (In which there is an overdramatic hospital scene)
 
~Later that morning~
 
“Well, I could always be a…”
 
“No”
 
“How about working for…”
 
“No!”
 
“Maybe I coul-“
 
“Never!”
 
“Oh, here's one…”
 
“Over my dead body.”
 
“C'mon Ryou, I haven't even gotten to finish a sentence here,” Bakura began to whine, “You're the one that wanted me to get a job in the first place, and how can you just say no before I tell you what the job is?”
 
“Bakura, I'm not stupid, that look in your eyes coupled with the fact that you are reading the construction work section of the classifieds tells me that nothing you could possibly find on that list could end in you earning money.”Ryou fumed, “In fact, I get the distinct impression that you and heavy machinery might just cost me more money than you already have.”
 
“But, Ryou, steamroller operator would be the perfect job for me,” Bakura pouted, “I wouldn't cause any trouble, there's no way I'd damage anything.”
 
“I think not,” Ryou snapped back, “And don't even give me that `I won't cause any damage' crap. I can hear your thoughts, remember, and `Tremble before my awesome might pathetic mortals lest I crush you to death!' does not sound good.”
 
(a/n: heavy on the dialogue aren't I, it gets better *cough*worse*cough*)
 
At that, Bakura leaned back in his chair silently, and proceeded to glare menacingly at Ryou. Ryou, for his part, wheeled around and stalked off to the den. Shortly after his entry to the den, a soft rhythmic clacking sound began. Bakura shuddered in fear.
 
Oh, crap he's…Bakura's thoughts were cut off by a loud ring from the telephone, which he quickly answered, “WHAT!?!”
 
“Um…Bakura, hey…um…is…is Ryou around?” the slightly choked voice of Malik greeted him.
 
“Well, sort of, but…” at this Bakura's voice lowered to a barely audible whisper, “well, you see, he's knitting and…”
 
“Man Bakura, you must have really ticked him off this time. But listen, this is important. Marik just got taken to the hospital a few minutes ago, and I'm heading over now, but I thought you'd like to know…” he broke off sobbing.
 
“We'll be right there,” Bakura hung up the phone. “Ryou, quit your damn knitting woman and get your ass out here!” *THWACK* a knitting needle embedded itself in the wall mere millimeters from Bakura's head. “Seriously, all murder attempts aside, Malik called, and Marik is in the hospital, I think we should-“
 
“What're you waiting for, get in the damn car! We've gotta go, now!” Ryou yelled, anger forgotten, as he rushed out the door, dragging Bakura behind him.
 
~Domino Regional Hospital (a/n: aren't I creative)~
 
When Ryou and Bakura entered the hospital with Isis (they had picked her up from the museum) they stormed the nurses' station, well, Ryou and Bakura stormed, Isis walked calmly up and pushed the out-of-breath boys out of her way, calmly and intelligibly asking for Marik's room number.
 
As the three started to enter the room, Bakura stopped, and motioned for the others to look inside at the scene playing out in front of them.
 
Marik did not look good at all. He was pale against the sheets pulled tightly across his form, and a large mottled bruise crossed his face. Malik was sitting in a chair pulled up to the bedside, gently cradling one of Marik's hands with both of his own. Tears smeared black lines down his cheeks.
 
“Oh, Marik,” Malik whispered hoarsely, “Please get better, you can't leave me. I can't live without you. I won't live without you. You complete my soul. I love you so much. And, I wasn't going to tell you this, but…I'm having your baby.” (a/n: and I bet you thought I was being serious there for a minute. Ha!)
 
Marik suddenly jumped up off the bed, an expression of utter terror on his face. At this, Ryou and Isis rushed into the room. Bakura had not so much run into the room as he had fallen into it laughing and Isis had stepped over him with a girlish giggle of joy at the prospect of being an aunt.
 
Ryou was another story entirely. He stormed into the room, temper flaring, and slapped Malik across the face. Dead silence followed the action, and Malik slowly brought a hand up to his face, disbelief evident in his every feature as he mumbled “why?”
 
“Don't you `why' me you whore!” Ryou screamed.
 
“Hey!” Marik shouted back, “Don't you call him a whore. It was only the one time, and he was drunk!”
 
“You ____ him while he was drunk!?! You bastard!” Ryou and Isis yelled simultaneously, Isis jumping on Marik and beating him with her purse.
 
“Um…guys…” Malik whispered, ducking slightly when everyone turned to look at him. “I well, I'm not pregnant,” at this Bakura snorted a `duh' and Malik continued, “I…well, I made it up to shock Marik into conciousness.” He blushed hotly.
 
“WHAT!?!” was the deafening screech by all assembled. It shook the room slightly, and a distant sound of shattering glass could be heard. It also attracted the attention of the nurses, who entered the room in a rush, shoving their patient into bed, and kicking (quite literally) the other three out into the waiting room.
 
~In the waiting room~
 
“Well, now that everyone's calmed down, would you care to explain what happened, Malik?” Ryou asked, his voice mercifully quiet (a/n: or maybe I just ran out of synonyms for `yell').
 
“Well, I'm not totally sure. I think it was the toxic poodle slobber. We were sitting on the couch, watching Spongebob Squarepants, and he just passed out on the floor,” Malik said.
 
“Wait, how the hell did you two get to your house?” Ryou interjected (a/n: schoolhouse rock taught me that word *hums to herself*), “I know I put you guys up in the spare room of my house this morning when Kaiba brought you over.”
 
“Um…” There was an awkward silence, then…
 
“Wait!” Isis burst out, “You're gay!?!”
 
Malik gave her a `where the hell have you been' look, “Only on days that end in `y'” he deadpanned.
 
“Oh, well that's alright then, as long as it's not all the time,” Isis said, pleased.
 
 
Silver: That's all for Today. I promise the next update will be soon. I now know where the plot went (there is one if you haven't noticed)
 
Tiger: suuure there is…
 
Silver: Shut up you! Now it's time to thank all the reviewers. And I'll be thanking both mediaminer and fanfiction.net reviewers at the same time here because I'm too lazy to do this twice, and if you reviewed an earlier chapter I'm sorry if I didn't thank you specifically.
 
Earthalawiggy: If you're still looking for that r rated romance, which you are probably not, I'd say check my fav authors and/or stories. There are several of those there. (ffn account)
 
Zolac No Miko: Well, Bakura will be working for money, or Ryou (who appears to have lost his medication) might just kill him.
 
Darks Light: Yay! You're a repeat reviewer. Have a cookie! *hands a plate of cookies* And the poodles were mentioned again, and I think they may make another appearance later. Took me even longer to update this time than it did for you to notice that I had last time. I hope you haven't abandoned the story by now.
 
Mala Darkling: Wow, you put my story on your favorites *is honored*. I didn't think that this was near good enough for anyone to want to read, let alone be on a favorites list. Thank you! And now I feel really bad about not updating for so long…but never fear, the next chapter is already planned out.
 
Phsycobratt & Michew: Thanks for the reviews!
 
Tiger: Don't forget to review on your way out. It only takes a minute people, and to the mediaminer people: 141 visits does not equal 3 reviews, c'mon people, Silver wants to hear what you think, be it bad or good.
 
Silver: Constructive criticism is welcome, but flames are not. Know the difference people. See you next time.