Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Summer Kiss ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Summer Kiss

 

 

 

Chapter One:

To her I am untouchable. This does not bother me one bit. But I realized as I chased her off with my horrible words and icy glares, I thought I had lost her forever. I am like the fresh falling snow, cold, heartless. But her, she is like the spring, blooming into a wonderful person, caring, compassionate.

Somehow, me, someone who’s unwilling to care for someone, has fallen hard for HER.

Y -------------------------Y

I watched as she walked past my desk. She was a transfer student and at the same time, Joey’s sister. She has shorter hair this time because I remember seeing her last time with rather long hair. Didn’t matter to me because it made her look even more beautiful. Her bangs covered both her light blue eyes and I nearly sighed out loud.

“Hello, Kaiba,” she said to me, meeting my cold gaze. She curtly nodded and sat down in the seat next to me.

“Hello Serenity,” I replied just as toneless as she did. She nodded again and looked forward to the teacher. I glanced over at her through the corner of my eye and blinked as I gazed as her beauty. But there was something that stood out upon her neck. It, from my view, looked like a fresh bruise. It was black and blue, starting to turn purple at the edges. When the teacher wasn’t looking, I reached over without thinking and pushed back some of her hair. She startled and panted quietly as she glared at me. I just grinned back at her and sat calmly at my own desk again.


Y --------------------Y

 

She sat quietly beside me. When school got out, I offered her a ride home since it was raining outside. She took me up on the offer quickly and I slid in next to her. Our legs touched for a moment and I could feel the heat coming from her soft thighs. She kept her eyes out the window during the first part of the ride until her cell phone rang.

“Hello?” she answered quietly, looking from my eyes to the window.

“No, I told you I don’t need a ride today. Yes, I work tonight. No, you can’t get into the club for free just ‘cause I work there! Look, Tyler, I don’t need this shit right now.” I noticed that her tone was cold and just as heartless as mine. I heard her shut her phone and she glanced over at me.

“Sorry,” she said quietly, looking away from me again.

“It’s all right,” I replied quickly and I reached over and touched the back of her hand. She nodded and smiled over at me.

“Thanks,” she whispered. Another smile, another nod and that was all I could really do. I felt her move her hand and I lifted mine from hers. She gave me a sad smile and we pulled up in front of her apartment. I told the driver to stop and I slid out first before the idiot could open the door. She gave me a small, sad smile and took my hand and I helped her out. I heard her give a small gasp and I glanced over my shoulder. A short browned hair man stood at the window, staring down at us. She yanked her hand from mine and hurried up the front steps.

I frowned as she shut the door and I saw her boyfriend move away from the window. I slid back into the limo and ordered the driver to take me home. As we drove away, I had a feeling she’d come to school with quite a few more bruises.

 

y ----------------------y

 

My little brother Mokuba was waiting for me, his cell phone in hand, tears pooling in his eyes. I sighed as I walked up the steps, waiting for him to stamp his feet at me. But this time he surprised me; he came running at me and barreled into my chest, nearly knocking me off my feet. Choking sobs came from his throat and I struggled to get him calm. He spoke something but I could barely make it out. I got down on my knees and shook his shoulders gently.

“Mokuba, what’s wrong?” I asked quietly, trying my hardest to wipe the tears that ran down his cheeks away.

“That new babysitter of mine’s mean!” my brother cried, grabbing my wrist and clutching it tightly. I gasped for the pain was too much for my very sore wrist. I slowly pried off his little fingers and stood back up. Instantly he latched onto my coat and I walked inside with him trailing behind me.

“I want a new babysitter!” He whined loudly, stamping his foot again. I glanced over my shoulder down at him.

“Keep acting like that and I might not let you,” I said but we both knew I couldn’t say no to him. Mokuba laughed and tugged again at my coat. I sighed and dropped my stuff on the sofa and then sat down. He gave me his puppy eyes and I gave in.

“Fine, all right! Who’d you have in mind?” I asked and instantly regretted saying them.

“Serenity,” he said with a straight face. I sighed and stared back at him. Then I nodded.

“Fine, I’ll talk to her.” he nodded and clapped his hands together before running up the stairs, his tears forgotten. I chuckled at him and became serious again. I knew I couldn’t talk to her until tomorrow since tonight was Friday. I sighed and stared down at the newspaper that was put on the table earlier. The headlines blared out at me.

 

Local Boy Dies in Tragic Accident

Three days ago a young boy, about the age of seventeen, was murdered in the park. There is no word at current press time on who killed him but police believes that it was a gang related kill.

I sighed as I finished reading the rest of the article. Maybe that was why she transferred out of 3C. I put the paper back down and sighed. I wanted to talk to her again all ready and no woman got to me like that! I leaned back into the soft cushions and one of the maids tapped my shoulder. I looked up at her and noticed she held a soft pink sweater in her hands.

“I know this isn’t yours so do you know who’s it is?” she asked, challenging my quick gaze. I took it out of her hands and stared at it for a moment.

“Serenity’s,” I said softly, remembering when she stepped out of the limo. She nodded and hurried off to do her job. I decided to call her since I remembered her cell number from when her brother gave it to me by accident. I reached over the armrest of the soft sofa and reached for the phone. I dialed the number since for some reason I knew it by heart and let it ring.

Five rings later I heard her voice, plus a noisy background.

“Hello?”

“Serenity?” I asked.

“Yeah, who is this?”

“Seto Kaiba,” I said, “I have your sweater by accident.

“Oh.. Oh, ok! I was wondering where that went. Thanks.”

“Are you at work?”

“Yeah, could you by chance drop it off for me?” she asked shyly.

“Yeah, sure. Where do you work at?”

“Um.. Daylight Desires.” she said and I could hear a bit of tension in her voice.

“All right, I’ll be over in a bit.” a click in my ear let me know shut off the phone. I set the phone back into its cradle and called for a maid.

“I need my limo brought around.”

“But it’s after nine!” she nearly shrieked and I raised my hand to silence. Her.

“I said bring the limo around.” I ground my teeth slightly and she hurried away and called for another worker. Gods, I hated when they did that kind of stuff. I stood up and slowly walked outside again. I glanced up at the darkening sky and noticed that a storm would be moving in soon enough. I sighed and started down the steps to the limo.

I turned the soft sweater over in my hands and looked back towards the sky. The limo pulled around and I slid in quickly, not giving the driver a chance to jump out and open the door for me. Then in a commanding voice I told the driver where to go.

y

I saw her standing outside, her hands on her upper arms. I hurried out of the limo and smiled and waved to her. She grinned and gave a small wave back. I strolled up to her side and handed her the sweater. She took it and her fingers brushed against mine. Then I noticed the dark bruise on her wrist and another on her cheek.


“Why do you live with him?” I found myself asking, staring into her eyes. She looked up at me and I saw tears pool in her eyes.

“He’s been there for me,” she whispered and I felt myself get mad.

“No! No he hasn’t. All he’s been doing it hurting you!” I nearly shouted but I regained my thoughts when I saw the look in her eyes.

“Please Seto, not now..”

“Kaiba. You can call me Kaiba.” I said and she gave a small nod. “Serenity, why do you live with that jerk?” I asked again, hoping she’d tell me. She shrugged her shoulders and for some reason I wanted to shake her until she had some sense knocked into her.

“Please Se.. I mean Kaiba, I don’t want to talk about it out here.”

“Then let me take you out for some coffee or something.” I pleaded, staring into her eyes. It took her a minute but she finally nodded. I nearly skipped over to the limo and opened the door for her again.

“Coffee sounds good,” she whispered as she brushed past me, and I could smell her perfume and washed hair. I smiled again and slid in beside her and slammed the door. The limo pulled away from the curb and I glanced over at Serenity. I glanced forward again and then I felt her warm fingers against my cool skin. I turned to face her and suddenly felt her lips against mine. I relaxed as I felt her arm wrap itself around my neck and pull me closer. I put my hand on her shoulder and the other caressed her soft cheek. Her tongue pressed against my lips and I parted them slightly and her tongue darted in. I slid mine into her mouth and tasted her. She tasted so sweet; a bit of chocolate and something else.

She pulled away first, panting slightly. I gave a small smile and reached to her hair and pulled it down from its ponytail. Her hair fell around her face and it framed her perfectly. Then I reached up and brushed a stray strand away from her eyes.

“You look beautiful,” I whispered, leaning forward again and capturing her lips in another kiss.

“Thank you,” she whispered against my lips and we both pulled away due to lack of air.

“Do you still want to go out with that jerk?” I asked her quietly, leaning forward once again and claiming her lips.

“No,” she whispered. Then another kiss from her. My first kiss in the back of my limo by the girl who I had a crush on for quite awhile.