Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Summer Kiss ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

Chapter Two:

 

I awoke to a figure standing over me. I groaned and kicked at the blasted covers.

“Seto?” I heard the voice ask. I blinked my eyes and saw Serenity come into focus. I groaned again and grabbed for my pillow. I felt her hand against mine and I glared up at her. Then I noticed the darker bruises along her upper arms.

“Shit! Serenity, did he do that to you?” I nearly shouted, flying up in bed. She nodded slowly and I saw the tears in her pretty eyes again. “Serenity,” I whispered, sighing and shaking my head. Her body shook and I could tell she was on the verge of crying. I patted her shoulder and saw the bruises stretched even farther. Without even thinking, I was sitting up and cradling her against my bare chest. I felt her tears splash against my cool skin and I ran my fingers in her hair.

“I’m sorry Seto,” I heard her hiccup and I shushed her. I wrapped my other arm around her shoulders and laid back down on the bed. She gasped as she landed on my chest. I snickered at her confused look and reached up.

“Serenity, just leave that jerk. He keeps hurting you!” I said, I wanted her to be mine. She sniffed and I wiped away a tear that slid down her cheek. “Please Serenity, see what he does to you! You deserve better than him..” She gave another sniff and stared into my cold eyes.

“You truly care for me?” she whispered, sitting up on my lap, not realizing what she was doing. I nodded and sat up, causing her to fall between my legs. Then I wrapped my arms around her shoulders and pulled her against me again. She nodded and pulled back to stare at me for a moment.

“Why do you care so much?” she asked.

“Because…” because why? Was it her beauty? Or was it the innocence I saw in her eyes? “Because everything about you I find is enchanting. The way you act, the way you look, everything!” I quickly claimed her lips and she didn’t refuse the kiss. Finally her hands went to my chest and pushed against my muscles gently. I stared into her eyes and saw the fear hiding in them.

“I’m afraid that he’ll try to do something stupid when I break up with him.” she whispered, looking away and down at our tangled legs. She blushed and untangled hers from mine. I gave a sheepish grin and reached over and pulled a sheet up over my barely clothed body. She blushed even more and I reached up without thinking and pushed back a strand of her long hair. She smiled and slid out of bed.

“I’m going to be late for work if I don’t get going now Seto,” she said softly and turned around and hurried out of the room. I sighed and laid back down. I knew she was fearful because of what her current boyfriend could do to her but I can’t stand by and watch her dreams be smashed to pieces. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stared down at the floor. I wanted her to know how much I cared for her. But I can’t make the words come to mind.

w ----------------------w

 

It’s nearly six in the evening and still Serenity hadn’t answered her cell phone. I pace around my room as my thoughts become more excited and jumbled in fear for her. A buzz from my phone and I see her name flash across the screen. But the phone suddenly stops ringing. I stare down at the phone, wondering if I imagined the name at first.

I flew out of my room and down the stairs without a word to the maids. I was very angry all of a sudden and when I slammed into the garage, my thunderbird was waiting for me. I nearly smirked at its waiting black leather seats and black paint. I slid into the drivers seat and reached up in the visor and stuck the key in the ignition. It started with a purr and when I opened that door and stepped on the gas, it sounded even sweeter.

----

 

I pulled up in front of Serenity’s apartment and saw that stupid jerk staring down out of the window. From down on the street I could see a dark bruise upon his own cheek and my temper flared up even more. I marched up the stairs and saw the little notice saying where each person lived. I marched over to the last door on the left and rang the buzzer, just waiting for that dumb ass to really piss me off. He opened the door partially and sneered at me.

“What do you want?” he said, glaring at me and I glared right back.

“I’m looking for Serenity,” I said in a commanding voice, stepping an inch forward. He glared at me again and opened the door even farther. Then he stepped aside and I saw Serenity sitting on the cough, her knees drawn to her chest and trails of tears upon her cheeks. I gasped, seeing an ugly bruise on her upper arm like someone grabbed her and held her tightly.

“What did you do to her?” I said forcefully and Serenity’s head snapped up. She gasped and looked over at the jerk standing by the door. “I said ‘what did you do to her’?” I sneered again at the jerk.

“The bitch gets what she deserves,” he said, giving me another cold stare.

Go to hell you pig faced bastard! I thought when he said that she was a bitch. I balled my hand into a fist and glared back at him and I noticed he visibly flinched.

“Shut your mouth you lazy pig.” I said sharply, marching over to Serenity and pulling her up and her head resting on my shoulder. She stuttered and I couldn’t make out what she had just said. I marched past him and glared once more.

“Take a step near her and harm her in any way and I swear you’re dead.” I growled at him and he stepped back as I led her away from him.

“Hey, hey! You’re taking my woman!” he shouted after me. I whipped around and glared once more.

“She’s not yours! She’s MINE!” I shouted at the top of my lungs and sent several doors flying open. He shrunk and slammed the door shut behind us. I pulled Serenity after me until I had reached my car. Then I pulled open the door for her and made her sit down. Tears, please no, no tears, I thought sadly as I stared at her tear filled eyes. One slipped down her cheek and without thinking I reached up and wiped it away with my thumb. She gave me a sad smile and gazed up into my eyes.

I’m falling down into darkness and don’t know how to stand

Will she come rescue me or will I die?

How do I go on if she doesn’t return my feelings?
(a kiss, only just a kiss it was)

------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

A/U: Yeah, sorry for the late update. I dunno how many chapters I’ll be adding to the story since previously it was only going to be a one-shot. Eh, yeah I know, short chapter. But it’s better than nothing, right? Hope I hear from my fellow readers.

PS: I’m doing some requests from a couple friends. As weird as it sounds but I’m willing to write fanfics for those who want certain ones. If I don’t know the series then I can’t do it. Besides, it gives me something to do. Let me know if you want one! (it’ll take my mind off school. Xp)