Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ Poor Serinity ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They soon got to a bedroom and began searching for the others. "MOKUBA!?" Tea cried.
" YUGI!? JOEY!" Kaiba called out.
“This is stupid…you call for my brother and I'll call for yugi and the others…who would believe you? They don't think you would be worried about them…I mean look. So lets…” Tea was cut off.
“No Kaiba! They won't care! I'm worried…”
“Well if you ruin it…”
“I WON'T!”
It was pretty quiet, until they heard Tristan cry out. "Help you guys!"
"TRISTAN!!" Kaiba yelled, "Where are you!?" he said turning in short circles.
"Over here!" Tristan pounded on something in the corner of the room. Kaiba scuffled over and found the shelf turned over and a few of the side tables jumbled up. Kaiba peeked over the fallen shelf and saw Tristan kneeling down. His face was bruised up. Under the
shelf was Serenity. She was trapped under it from the waist down. "Oh no...Serenity. That shelf is huge, we have to help!" Kaiba jumped over the side table and examined her. Tristan laid his hand on her arm. "Serenity, hold on." He said. She whimpered from the pain. Her head was gashed and her arm hung out limply on the floor. Her eyes were shut and she didn't move. Tristan looked more worried than he ever had. Kaiba watched him for a moment. Then turned to Tea. "We need your help too...We have to get her out!"
"You're wasting my time completely." she turned and walked out.
"Where do you think your going!?” Kaiba cried.
"To find my bro-uhh...Yugi...He…can…help…shit!" Tea said faintly from down the hall. Kaiba turned his attention back to Tristan and Serenity. Tristan looked hurt. "Tea just left..." he said confused. "And YOU...You want to help..." he said trying to listen to himself correctly.
"Of course Tristan...I...Oh, I don't like you two, and I...Want to get all of us out alive, but..." Kaiba cursed under his breath. Trying to act like the real Kaiba was hard, Tea's soul didn't know what to say. Tristan shook his head. "Forget it Kaiba, just help me get Serenity out." Kaiba nodded. They both clutched the shelf and lifted it off of Serenity's limp body. Tristan fought for words. "If-you-could just-hold the shelf a little longer-I can pull her out-then we'll put it back-down." Kaiba nodded again and braced himself. Tristan slowly let go of the shelf and kneeled down and carefully slid Serenity out from under the large wooden trap. Once she was completely removed from under it, Tristan hopped up and grabbed the shelf. Tea wasn't used to Kaiba's body strength, but she managed to get used to it, and helped lower the shelf back down.
Kaiba sighed and wiped off his forehead. Tristan sat back down next to Serenity and checked her for broken bones. One of her arms that were before trapped under the shelf was twisted out of place. Tristan ran his hand down her arm. "Don't worry Serenity, we'll get you fixed up...” His face was pale and he looked almost as if he were about to cry. He helped her to her knees. She breathed slowly and her eyes were half open. Tristan pulled her close and comforted her. He put his arm around her back and was startled and felt around more. Kaiba looked behind her after seeing Tristan's eyes get big. Kaiba gasped. serenity's back was covered in blood. Tristan felt something cut his hand. "AGH!" he hissed. Kaiba saw what it was...A very large piece of glass from the shelf door had stabbed in through her back. She cried out when Tristan slowly pulled it out. "I'm so sorry Serenity, but I can't leave that there." He dropped the glass on the floor, and took off his over-coat and slipped it over her shoulders. Kaiba was about to say something when he noticed his feet were wet. Seeping into his shoe, water flowed into the room. He turned around and sawit was coming from the hall. "We have to get out of here...Common." Kaiba urged. Tristan picked Serenity up. She hung in his arms, her eyes closed again. "She's in bad shape, we need to get her to a hospital."
"Lets get the others and we'll try Tristan, I promise."