Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ Some dead bodies ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaiba strode down the hall looking for a way out. Tristan lagged on. His white shirt was now layered with a dark coating of blood. Serenity still didn't move, her breathing became hoarse and weak. Kiaba kept walking. All he could think about was Yugi. What if he already ran into the real Kaiba, he would think it was Tea. Kaiba's mind started to wander and he wasn't paying any attention until something crashed into him. He shrieked and almost fell backwards. Then a splash came from in front of him. Someone shot back out of the water gagging and fighting for air and splashing all over. Kaiba reached out and felt fabric and pulled. It was Mokuba. "S-Seto!” he spat. He fell forward and clung onto Kaiba's waist. "Mokuba...Are you ok?" Kaiba asked wearily.
"Yeah, I'm so glad I found you big brother." as he buried his face deeper into Kaiba's stomach. He patted Mokuba on the head. Kaiba thought, “Now I know why he likes Mokuba so much…He's so sweet!” A warm smile ran across Kaiba's face. "We have to find the exit...Do you know where it is?" Kaiba asked.
"Seto, you own this blimp...Don't you know?" Mokuba asked confused.
"I...I do, it's just that it's too dark in here, maybe one of you saw it…before...er."
"Oh, well, I think it's up this other hallway." Mokuba took lead, Kaiba and Tristan followed close behind.
"Did you run into anyone else?" Kaiba asked.
"Nope, not yet. Is...Is Serenity ok?" Mokuba asked. Tristan looked down at her and then back at Mokuba. "She's not doing very well..." he was forced to look away. His voice changed a little.
"Well, then we gotta hurry." Mokuba sped up his pace and searched his memory for the way out. "Ah, here...This door leads to another hall, then we find the exit, no problem." he smiled and opened the door. Before anybody could manage to say anything, water burst out and knocked them all over. Mokuba was first knocked down by one of the employees of Kaiba Corp. His body was bluish. Mokuba screamed bloody murder and kicked and squirmed all over under the water, the body bounced off his leg and floated over him. Mokuba tried to scream again and bubbles flooded out of his mouth. He surfaced and found Tristan clutching to the wall holding Serenity close. His face was pale. One of the bodies floated by and Tristan turned his head and gagged. "Aw...Man...That's soo wrong." The other corpse was already halfway down the hall.
Mokuba had barely recovered when Kaiba bounded out of a corner to grab him. "AGGGH!" Mokuba screamed.
"Calm down Mokuba! It's ok..." Kaiba sighed and peeked around the open door. "No more bodies riiight???" Tristan peeped.
"I don't think so...Those were the only two K.C. employees that came." Mokuba answered.
They all entered the wet hallway. The floor sloped under their feet. Mokuba gasped. "The stairs! That's the exit!" He ran towards them. Kaiba followed, keeping an eye out for Tea and Yugi. They stomped up the stairs with their wet clothes clinging to them. Mokuba burst through the door and stumbled onto the ship's deck. Duke swirled around. "Whoa..." he said surprised. Kaiba and Tristan followed. Duke almost collapsed when he saw Serenity. "NO! What happened!???" He rushed over.
"A shelf fell on her..." Tristan managed to say.
"Is she...no…she's not dead…please tell me she's not dead…?" He said quietly, almost in tears.
"I don't know...I can only hope and pray that she isn't." He walked over to where Mai was and laid Serenity next to her, and then sat down. Duke followed. He put his hand on her head and sighed.
Kaiba searched like a fly. No sign of Yugi. "Where is he?!" Ishizu walked over to him.
"Seto..." she said, placing her hand on his shoulder.
"Where is Yugi!?” Kaiba cried.
"Shh...He went to find Tea. Why are you so worried? Calm down.” she whispered.
"I..." he shuddered. "Tea? She was with him..."
"Yes. She disappeared and he got worried." Ishizu answered.
"Oh no…" Kaiba said with, his eyes began moving from side to side in an impatient motion.
"Look at me Kaiba." Ishizu put her hand on his chin. "He will be fine. Her eyes were serious. Kaiba stumbled backwards and sat down on the floor. “Yugi...”