Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ Drowning ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Joey was lost. No sign of anybody. It was pitch black. He was worried sick about Serenity and couldn't even see which way was forward or which way was back. He wasn't on the floor anymore. He had strayed down to the bottom of the blimp. He had no idea. His head was hitting the very top of the ceiling. He moved his way under pipes and lights. The water was so high he would swallow a large amount of water every once in awhile. The water was getting higher and higher. He soon found himself stuck in between two large pipes. He felt around but there was no way around them. He had to go under. It was a chance he had to take; he couldn't tell where he was going though. He took a large breath of air and sunk below. Opening his eyes didn't help whatsoever. He kicked his feet fast and tried not to panic. He kept his arms out in front of him most of the time.
It had been about a minute already and there was no way out. He went up but never broke the surface. The water...The whole bottom of this blimp is flooded completely. He then panicked. He hit the ceiling with his fists. He hit a wall and swirled around and slid his hand over it, but it was flat. The ship creaked; he could hear it under the water. It was so eerie, and with no way out…he had nothing to do but panic even more. The boat was starting to take in too much water and was going under. Joey felt himself start to lean against the wall with no effort, the blimp was tipping. He felt hot in the head. It hurt. The bottom of his stomach stung. He couldn't hold it any longer...”Joey”...He heard her. “Joey...where are you?”
 
Serenity's eyes shot open. "JOEY!" She cried his name in a sobbing scream. Tristan almost jumped out of his skin. Serenity fell helplessly back to the floor. She moaned in pain and choked on tears at the same time. "What is it?!! Serenity?!!" Tristan put his hands on her shoulders and held her from shaking. Duke paced the floor. Ishizu ran over. "The blimp...It's going down."
"Just great...What are we going to do!?" Duke stammered. "No sign of Yugi, Joey, run away Tea OR help...” The blimp lurched to the side. Its weight brought it down slowly. "We need to hurry and get off this thing!" Kaiba yelled. Mokuba looked over the side of the blimp. "LOOK!" Everybody shuffled over to him. "A ship!" He cried. Sure enough, a good-sized ship was not too far off. It had apparently seen them. It was slowly headed their way, it would take about 10 minutes for it to reach them, but it was their only hope. Ishizu face became dark again. "My premonition was true..."