Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ Time to get out of this place ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Hurry up, this ship is not to stop!" The captain ordered. Tristan slaved away with Duke, Kaiba, and Mokuba. They were shoveling coals into the firebox. Tristan was covered in black soot along with the others. Kiaba was sweating pretty badly and Mokuba was working slowly. The captain was about to start yelling again but stopped and lifted his head up. He sniffed the air. He turned and stomped out of the boiler room. "What's his problem?" Duke said. Tristan shrugged.
"Mokuba, stop." Kaiba ordered. "You shouldn't be doing this." Mukuba put down his shovel down and almost collapsed to the floor. He was wet and dirty (ha ha). Kaiba went to his side. "What the captain doesn't know won't hurt him."
"I wouldn't say that...Here he comes!" Tristan picked up his shovel and went back to work.
"Hold up!! WHOA!" Duke ran toward the door when he saw Tea and Yugi burst in. Tristan chucked the shovel and ran over to them.
"Yugi! Man am I glad to see you!" He was about to hug his buddy but noticed how unattractive he was at the moment, so he brushed his sleeves off and wiped his face with his hand, the wet soot was slopped all over Tristan's face like ruined makeup…but WAY worse. "Heh...Uh..." he stammered. Yugi seemed happy to see them at first, but after looking around, he looked devastated. "Joey...” he said.
"Oh...Yugi, he never showed up." Duke said. He put a hand on Yugi's shoulder. "I'm real sorry man." Yugi just stood there with nothing to say. Then he saw Kaiba. Kaiba looked up and saw him too. "Yugi." He said. Before he could get up and face Yugi, Ishizu came through the doorway. "Oh Kaiba." She jogged over and embraced him. Stunned, he stood still. "I was worried about you. She stepped back.
"Uh...Yeah, heh." Tea almost forgot about Ishizu. Yugi pushed his way through the others and walked up to Kaiba. "T...I-uh..." Yugi didn't really know what to say, it was awkward. "Hi Yugi." Kaiba said.
"Mokuba! You're ok!" Tea ran over to him and hugged him. Mokuba was frozen. Tea stopped. "I mean…I'm glad and all." Mokuba twitched and said nothing. "Uh, Mokuba." Kaiba tried to cover up what had just happened. Mokuba waddled over to his brother and stood still. "Oh...We better go." Yugi was in full attention again.
"He's right, lets find the others and get outta here." Tristan said.
"How are we going to leave?" Tea said confused.
"When we were brought down here I saw one of those emergency boats." Tristan answered.
"Oh...Well, lets get this party started!" Duke raced out and ran towards the cargo room. Everybody else followed, except Yugi and Kaiba. "Uhm, Tea?" Yugi asked.
"Hm?" Kaiba replied.
"Mm...Nothin'. Lets go."
Duke and Tristan pounded through the door and in an instant rushed over to Serenity. She was sprawled on the floor. "These jerks just dump her down here..." Tristan looked completely pissed. He picked her up and held her tight. Duke stood still and a depressed look came across his face. He looked over at Mai and scooped her up. "Well, lets go." He said quietly. They all turned and walked out of the cargo hold and down the hall and stopped in front of a door that read "Emergency boat."
"Perfect." Tea was the first to enter. They all flooded into the dark room. The boat was nothing but a small speedboat. Mokuba locked the door behind them and Kaiba pushed the button that opened a large door, which allowed them to drive the boat out. Water was already in the room and the boat floated patiently. One by one everybody loaded on and sat down. "Ok, here we go." Tristan was starting up the boat. "I'd hurry..." Tea said. Everybody looked at her. "No really, GO." Tristan obeyed and took off.
They were only a few yards away when suddenly the boat exploded into giant flames. Tea didn't budge; a smile ran across her face. Yugi sighed. "She set the kitchen on fire." Everybody was quiet.
"Oh..." Duke said with wide eyes.