Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Switch ❯ FIRE! ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The deck was cleared and the pirates had all descended to the dark ship below. Tea stepped out. "They have Mokuba."
"Yeah, and all my friends...And...Tea." he turned away for a minute.
"Common, they'll depart soon, we can't let them get away." Tea urged.
"You're right." Yugi walked to the wooden bridge, their only way of getting to the ship. "Well...” he said.
"Well what, lets go." Tea pushed by.
"Hold up! Kaiba, you're in Tea's body, she's not as strong, and...Who knows what we're really up against, I'd think about this first."
"Screw that." she didn't listen and continued down the bridge. She reached the bottom and stayed in the shadows.
"Common Yugi!" she hissed. He hesitated, and then made his way down. He followed after Tea as she inched down the dark deck of the ship. A door. She put her ear up to it and listened for a minute.
"You cook now wench! Don't try nufin' funny either! Making us sick won't help you!" Something small hit the ground and a door slammed. Tea could hear Ishizu scuffle over the floor and sigh. Tea opened the door and stepped in. Ishizu turned around with a gasp. "Oh...T-tea? I thought you were...Yugi, he's with you." She seemed to know. Yugi peeked in the doorway. "Get in now, they could see you out there." She warned. Tea and Yugi wandered into the grimy kitchen. Metal covered the room and it had rot covering it. Yugi pinched his nose. "Uck...You have to work in here?" He said.
"As long as they are here to make me. Unless we can get off of this ship." The ship lurched.
"These freaks never port anywhere, since it's likely they'll get arrested. So there isn't much of a chance that we'll get away." Tea said.
"You have a point Tea, but you must have some faith. You never know." Yugi said.
"Stop being stupid, think reality Ishizu, this is hopeless. I'll swim if I have to." Tea blurted. Ishizu twitched her head to the side. "Stupid? Tea, does the sea make you so angry?" her eyes full of question. Tea froze. "N-no..." she messed up, Kaiba's sprit was always saying things like that. Be Tea he thought, couldn't be that hard, just act dumb.
Yugi apologized to Isis. "She's been acting up a little, she's just worried...That's all."
"Yeah, I'm sorry." Tea said stupidly. She walked up to the door; a small glass window was settled in the middle. She peeked through. One guard slouched on the wall was digging for gold in his nose and another seemed to be dozing off and at the same time, picking at his bellybutton. "Uck…" Tea stepped back. "This shouldn't be too hard. They're idiots."
"Well, what are we...Hey, What are you doing?" Yugi cried. Tea walked over and started digging in random drawers. "Ah ha." She pulled out a lighter.
"What do you plan on doing?" Ishizu said, losing the calmness in her voice. No answer. Tea walked over and turned on the gas stove. Then she started digging again. Yugi was silent, he wasn't sure what she was up to, but he didn't find it overly obvious. Yugi was lost in thought when Tea walked by and he snapped back after he saw what was in her hand. It was a can of gasoline. "Uh...Uh...Uh." he stammered. She took all the washcloths and towels she could find and drenched them in the dirty liquid. Then dumped the rest of it all over the floor around the door and the stove. "Stand over by that wall and wait." She ordered. Ishizu and Yugi did what she said. By now the gas from the stove was floating in the air and burned Yugi's nostrils. "Hurry up Tea...It reeks in here." He said. Tea looked once more at the lighter and braced herself. She flicked her thumb down the rough metal. The small flame on the tip of the lighter waved in the air. Tea picked up one of the towels and lit it on fire. Then threw it on the stove. In seconds it blew up into a larger flame. Tea set the rest of the cloths on fire and sent them flying onto the stove. "Stay." She said as she went and waited by the wall with the others. Smoke drifted near the door and they could hear the pirates moving around. "What in the hell?! The wench was `sposed to cook! Not burn the whole place down!" One belted. Seconds later the door burst open and the pirates bounded into the room. Without considering their new cook they began trying to put the fire out and bounced around yelling. "Go!" Tea shoved Yugi through the door. Ishizu followed. "They'll be busy, lets go before someone else notices." Tea moved quickly. "Yugi, she seems...More, coordinated." Ishizu said surprised.
"Yeah, she has changed, that's for sure."