Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Three Duelists ❯ Meeting the Captain ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hello! Ryou Bakura's here. No, the hikari. But no need to worry, Shorea will have Bakura aka Yami Bakura in one of her upcoming chapters if she had a chance to do it. Anyway in this chapter, Joey is about to meet the captain of the Duelists. And I bet you know who's the captain is. ^_^ Well, enjoy and have a lovely day.

Disclaimer: Shorea doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh and the Three Musketeers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

It took Joey three days to reach Paris. Somehow, he made the stallion all tired out from galloping. As they reached to the courtyard of palace, the horse collapsed. Joey dismounted his horse and entered with a surprising face. In the courtyard, there were many duelists practicing their duels while others were standing in groups; drinking, talking, and joking. Remembering Solomon's words, Joey spotted a boy in the courtyard.

"Hey, kid." Joey shouted.

The kid turned around. He had a long raven hair with dark blue eyes. Joey recognized the kid was Mokuba Kaiba. The raven haired boy spoke, "You called me, Monsieur?"

"Yeah, I need to know who's in charge of dis place."

"Well, that would be Monsieur de Tréville."

"Mister De who?"

"Monsieur de Tréville. He's the captain of the King's Duelists. He's very gentle and nice."

"Well, now dat you mentioned it, show me to Mister de Trade Bill." The blond boy smiled.

"That's Monsieur de Tréville, Monsieur....."

"Da name's Joey Wheeler. But you can call me Joey, Mokuba." Joey spoke as he walked to the palace. It surprised the raven haired boy.

"How do you know my name?" Mokuba questioned as he followed Joey.

"Uh....." The blond boy had lost his word. He should be more careful in the future. He forgot that the people he knew didn't know himself since he's came from the future. Now that Mokuba asked the question. Joey tried to make a lie.

"Uh..... You see, I heard some duelists call yer name. Yeah, dat's it. Some duelist call yer name and I remember it."

Mokuba blinked, ".......Okay."

Whew. That was close, the blond boy thought as he followed Mokuba.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~

Mokuba led Joey through the corridor of the palace. As they reached the door, Mokuba went in to introduce. Joey paced back and fourth in front of the door, worried. He could imagine a middle-age man, dismissed him because he wasn't good enough to become a Duelist. Just then, the door opened and the raven headed boy sticks his head out.

"Monsieur de Tréville wants to see you."

Joey entered the room and was surprised. Behind a desk was a young man. He had a white hair. When he placed his quill down and looked up to Joey, his brown eyes shined friendly. Joey was staring into the face of Ryou Bakura. The white haired boy smiled.

"Hello there, how can I help you?"

His voice brought Joey back to reality. Trying to think why he's here, the blond boy rubbed the back of his head, babbled.

"Uh, hi dere, da name's Joey Wheeler, but you can call me Joey. I blah, blah, blah."

"Uh, are you here to join the Duelists?"

"Yeah, dat's it. I'm here to join da Duelists. Joey Wheeler, numba one duelist."

".....Okay. Now, it will take you two years in a lower regiment of training before you can become an official Duelist."

"What? Now hold on a second, I'm already trained. I'm just here to become a Duelist."

"Of course, but you need to perform a great act of courage or take training to become a Duelist."

Joey slammed his hands on the desk. "Look, Bakura-"

"It's de Tréville. Ryou de Tréville. I do not know this Bakura person you spoke of."

"Okay den, Trend Mill."

"That's de Tréville."

"Whatever. Look, I've been trained by Yugi's grandpa."

"Who?"

"Oh, I guess you don't know him."

"Then what are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say dat I wanna become a Duelist, but Kaiba stole my letter!"

Ryou gasped, "Seto Kaiba?"

"Yeah, dat's him. If he didn't run away like a chicken, I would've clobbered him."

"Monsieur Wheeler, I don't think revenge will help you. Forget the revenge. I'll write a letter to admit you to the regiment. I'm sure you'll make a fine cadet once you finish your training."

As Ryou began to write, Joey let out a yell. He went to the window to release his anger. Soon, something caught in his eyes. In front of the gate was Kaiba with Rex and Weevil. It's Kaiba, Joey thought.

"He won't get away dis time," the blond boy shouted as he rushed out the door.

"Who?" Ryou asked, startled.

"KAIBA!" Joey cried in the hallway. The captain of the Duelists buried his face in his hands. He shook his head.

"Why do stubborn men cause so much trouble?" Ryou muttered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*
-_- *shook his head* I believed Bakura cause so much trouble than stubborn men. So do you like the story? If you do, then please review her. Anyway, will Joey have his revenge on Kaiba? Will he become a Duelist without showing his bravery act or take the training? And I guess you want to know when will Bakura going to show? Don't worry, she will update as fast as she can and stay tune for the next chapter.