Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Through Pharaoh's Eyes ❯ Is This the Solution I've Been Looking For? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Through Pharaoh's Eyes

Chapter 3: Is This the Solution I've Been Looking For?

It was the fifth day. I sat on my bed. I really hate my dad. I just can't DESCRIBE how much I hate him. Well, I could, but there's enough rude language going around in my family, and I don't want to insult the monsters in the Shadow Realm. I would send my father there, but I don't want the creatures of the Shadow Games to plot revenge on me for doing so.

I sighed and walked over to my window, and stared out at the kingdom. I've NEVER been out of the palace. NEVER. I've never left the stone corridors I call home. Never even taken a step outside. I've never seen the Giza Pyramids, Great Sphinx, or the Nile River. I really want to leave the palace. Even the pharaoh gets to leave the palace when he wants!

My life can't go on like this! I've got to find the answer. There's got to be some way to fix my broken life. I just need to find some way to pick up the shattered pieces and put them back together. There's got to be a way.

Maybe I could murder my dad? Then he wouldn't be around to torture me! But then... I'd be their prime suspect, and one of my siblings would probably murder me, and mom would be rejected by the pharaoh's other wives. Why is life so complicated?

I continued to stare out the window. Wait! What if I was to run away? I would be away from my torturous dad and my snooty siblings! But then... I'd be leaving my mom all alone! I don't want to leave her! But there may be no other way.

I climbed on to the window ledge and gulped. It was only five feet to the ground, but I would be leaving everything behind. My dad, my siblings... my mom. No! I can't think about mom! I've got to do it. I've got to jump.

I lept onto the ground and trembled. I was outside. Where should I go? Oh! The Nile! I've always wanted to see the Nile! Suddenly, two palace guards walked inside my room.

"Prince Yamasis?" they called. They looked out the window, and right into my violet eyes.

I screamed and ran for the city. What was I supposed to do? Stay and let them take me back to my awful life? Why-Oh no. They're following me!

As I continued to run, I thought. Was this really the solution I've been looking for?