Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Save An Angel ❯ Seto save me... ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Janie's point of view~

Soon I was muffled again but this time was different. They had tied a bandana around my mouth. But it got worse; he then tossed me down into the alley where my back hit the cement with a loud thud. I began to moan but that only further enthused them. Next they each took turns kicking me and slapping me calling me horrid little names all the while. Finally they stopped and I opened my eyes to see the one that I had bitten standing over me. He slowly picked me by my arms so that I was soon dangling and my arms were screaming in pain. He stared right into my eyes then said, "Now that wasn't a very nice thing you did to me. We might just have to punish you a bit more for that." He grinned and began to smear his blood all over my face. "Now I was thinking about stripping her then letting her walk home, but before we let her go we'll have some fun of course." They all snickered and I could feel one of them sticking his hands into my skirt. I began to thrash furiously until the man I had bitten slammed me up against the wall. That was the last I could take…I couldn't fight back anymore. I began to cry. "Aww look the little whore is crying maybe your pulling her skirt to…" but he never finished `cause there, standing in the opening of the alley, stood Seto.

~Seto's point of view~

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Janie, brave sweet Janie with blood smeared all over her face. I could feel my temper rising, she was bruised, bleeding, and crying. "If you know what's good for you you'll put her down and run." "Now why would we do that?" mocked the shortest one. "Because if you don't then the cops will arrest you and it will be off to prison." "What makes you think the cops will come down here?" the three men were beginning to sweat I was getting to `em. "Once I told them who I was they were pretty quick to respond. I mean after all the name Kaiba does affect how people act." They all stared at me in complete shock till the leader dropped Janie and ran with his goons at his heels.

Once they were out of sight I ran over to Janie and kneeled down next to her beaten body. I gently picked her up and put the girl in my lap; once I did I looked down and saw that she was crying her tears smearing the drying blood that was rubbed on her face. I began to run my fingers through her hair and make gentle shushing noises. She looked up at me her eyes were so sad, they almost seemed empty like what happiness she had had been drained leaving her with nothing but fear and sadness. "Seto," she whispered on the verge of crying more tears "Thank you." And with that she rested her head on my chest and began to silently cry. I had no idea of what I should do I mean I hadn't been in this situation before so I did what came naturally. I continued to run my fingers through her hair and talk to her gently. After about 5 minutes of that my driver came up beside me. "Mr.Kaiba sir we should leave now and get the girl home." I stood cradling Janie in my arms, she was still crying. "Let's take her back to the mansion. Call Yugi and tell him I will be dropping her off tomorrow." "Yes sir." I walked to the car and slid in. Janie was still in my arms but she had fallen asleep, I couldn't blame her she had just had the biggest shock of her life something she would never forget. I smiled to myself at the thought, then that means she would remember her rescuer. I looked down to examine her. She was a wreck… her sweater was torn, her face still had blood on it, bruises were forming on her legs, and her hair was everywhere. Poor thing "When we get home I'm going to get you fixed up, starting with this blood." That was the most disgusting part, it had soon become obvious to me that it wasn't her blood but of those goons' blood. I looked down at her again "Janie we'll be home soon then everything will be just fine." I then bent over and gently laid a kiss on a part of her forehead that was blood free.

~Janie's point of view~

Free… to do what I please, to say what I feel, to live with out fear. I was a bird soaring through the air without a care in the world. I flipped and swirled on the breezes and felt as if all of my earthly strings had been cut.

Beep! Beep! My eyes shot open as the shrill sounds continued. I turned to the clock on my left and hit the off button as hard as possible. I laid back in satisfaction only to shoot right back up eyes wide with terror. "Where am I? What's going on?" then last nights events flooded back each making me hate the clock even more for taking her from her dream. Then I remembered Seto and how he had stood there in all his glory and saved me. I looked around the room, it was big and well furnished…Seto had taken me home with him! Wow who would have guessed? I looked around till my eyes fell on a chair in the corner where Seto sat fast asleep. I blushed a bit imagining him watching over me all night and in all his efforts had fallen asleep. I tried to stand but only managed fall face flat on the floor awakening Seto who stood up immediately walking over to see what had happened. "You could have just asked for my help you know," he said standing over me with a smug look "it would have saved you a face plant." I looked up at him grinning "I had to try didn't I? Or would you like me to scream out my every need and keep you from sleeping?" Seto looked at me and began to give me an evil little grin. "Well I wouldn't want that so I suppose you're right I'll just go back to sleep." Leaving the me in total shock. "Y-you wouldn't would you? I mean you are gonna help me up right?" I decided I'd pull my sympathy act, it always works. "Very." He said as he walked out the door.

Jerk. I began to struggle with my legs trying to get them to coopoperate. They were bruised a good bit and really ached but I managed it and (with the help of the night stand) was on my feet. "See I don't need him!" I said proudly only to wobble and almost repeat the face plant. Using the wall I walked over to the large mirrior. I wanted to see in what condition I was in. Once I got there I stood in shock. I looked great! With the exception of the bruises and the couple cuts I looked pretty good and these blue pjs- wait! Last I remember I was in my mini skirt, a button up pink blouse, and my sweater. Not pjs!!! Had he… no he wouldn't… would he? Now I was able to stand without the wall and used my regained strength to hunt down that jerk!

~Seto's point of view~

I stood down the hall waiting for her to start calling for me. When she didn't I started to worry a bit. Was she okay? Had she passed out? My god I was so stupid for leaving her all alone. I began to hurry down the hallway but stopped when I saw her storm out of her room, a bit wobbily, but storming none the less. I smiled she seemed back to normal quick temper, playful and happy eyes, cheery grin, and the life had hopped right back into her voice. Yep she was better, unfortunetly though I had been so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I hadn't noticed her approaching and only managed to shake myself from it when she landed a blow right on my cheek.

"Hey what was that for? I save your life and this is my thanks?" I said rubbing the cheek that had a red hand print right where she had slapped me. "Mind explaining these?" she said pointing at her pjs. "What about them?" I asked which only further pissed her off. "How the heck did I get in them?" she was now inches from my face and boiling. "your other ones were dirty so I had one of the maids dress you in some new clothes that I had my staff purchase." "Oh…" she blushed furiously and I couldn't help but grin. She had thought I had changed her? Though I was tempted to I would never do that to someone who had been hurt enough in such a short length of time. I looked down as I could feel my cheeks heaten up. I looked back up at her (I was on the ground, the blow had sent me tumbling backwords) and saw that she was crying. "I'm sorry Seto I shouldn't have done that. I mean if it hadn't been for you who knows what would have happened to me…" And with that she began to cry again. I stood up and wrapped my arms around "It's okay you shouldn't even think about that. It's just a memory now one that you should just forget about." She looked up at me her eyes looked grateful and without any warnings she threw her arms around my neck and rested her head on my chest. I was blushing madly not sure what to do. Then in almost a hushed whisper I heard something that made me feel alive… "Seto I think I'm falling in love with you."