Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Tell You ❯ Sunday ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay everybody, first off I wanted to tell everybody thank you so much for reading my fics! I feel so loved!! Also, I wanted to tell you that this story won't be anything more than seven chapters. It's also not like my other stories and won't be rated R. I know, sort of amateur for my writing, as I was so kindly told already, and I know, but I couldn't get it out of my head so I had to write it. It's nothing more than supposing to be a cute little fic with Yugi trying to expressing his feelings to Yami. I even got this from a real life experience too so I thought it would be a little neat to do.

~~

Yugi Motou sat in his living room with his head in his hands and moaning softly in despair. He loved his yami and he had for a while now, but he didn't want to ruin their friendship by telling him this. However, he finally got the courage to do so and do it he was. He had no choice but to or it would surely tear him apart slowly piece by piece until it became so painfully obvious that Yami would start asking him about it.

He stood and headed upstairs to their shared room and walks straight over to Yami who was sitting on the bed reading a book, opens his mouth to get Yami's attention, and then the phone rings. Sighing he watched as Yami leant over to pick it up and listens into it for a second before he hands it to him.

"It's Joey." He tells him before returning to a book he was reading.

Yugi thanked him and holds the phone to his ear. "Hey, Joey. What's up?"

"Hey, Yug. You busy?" Before Yugi could answer Joey continued. "That's great. I wanted to know if you'd like to go to the mall with me?" Yugi's about to tell Joey he was right in the middle of something important, but Joey interrupts again. "Cool, meet up with me and the rest of the gang in the food court then. Later." Joey hung up.

Yugi sighs again for what seems like the millionth time that day and turns to look at Yami.

Yami looked up from his book. "Is there anything wrong, Yugi?"

Yugi just shook his head. "We've been invited to go to the mall with the rest of the gang."

Yami nodded and turned back to his book. "I'm almost done with this chapter. I'll be down as soon as I finish it."

Yugi trudged downstairs slowly and collapsed on the couch, banging his head on the table.

A little while later Yami comes downstairs and sees what Yugi's doing. He hurries over and pulls Yugi away from the table, rubbing his forehead where red lines were glowing brightly. "You're going to hurt yourself if you continue to do that, aibou."

Yugi muttered that he didn't care, but follows Yami out anyways.

They walked down the street in silence, a few occasional sad sighs coming through the link from Yugi as the small hikari continued to think about what he was going to do about his problem of expressing his love for Yami.

After the fifth time of hearing it though Yami stopped and waited for Yugi to turn and look at him. When he did Yami looked at him with concern. "Are you sure there's nothing wrong with you? You seemed to be occupied by something. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Of course there isn't anything wrong, Yami. I'm just thinking about that essay for school is all, the one for history.

~~

At the mall Joey pounces on them and demands to get lunch first. "I'm starving!" He announced loudly.

Everyone agreed and they sat around the table to eat before going off into their own stores. Yugi would've just used this opportunity while no one was around to pull Yami aside and tell him how he felt if it wasn't for his unluckiness that Tea just happened to be going to all the same stores as himself and Yami were at the exact same time. She latched herself onto his arm and was stuck there like superglue. If Yugi were going to tell Yami his love for him he definitely didn't want the others hearing it while he did and especially not Tea since her love for him was excruciatingly obvious to even the blindest of people.

Much to his luck however, Yami faked ill so he could get Tea away from him and he practically dragged Yugi out of the store with the excuse `I don't want to walk home by myself when I'm not feeling well'. Yugi allowed himself to be dragged out of the wall with no complaints. At least if he was trying to get away from Tea he wouldn't worry about her competition, not that there was any competition when it came to Tea liking boys.

~~

Back at the game shop Yugi hurried upstairs to take a shower and then went into his and Yami's room only to find to his despair that Yami had already fallen asleep. He sighed sadly once more and went over to his own bed. `Someone up there must really hate me. All day I've had nothing but distractions whenever I wanted to tell Yami I loved him. Maybe I'll get a better chance tomorrow.' Was his final thought before he drifted away into sleep.

~~

I know it's a little short, actually it's a lotta short compared to my other fics but that's how it goes. Like I said at the beginning this is based on a true story and that's all that went on on the Sunday. Hope you liked it. And I promise the next 6 chapters should be longer.