Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Tell You ❯ Monday ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi woke up that morning feeling miserable. It took a minute for him to realize why before he inwardly groaned and rolled out of bed. He remembered now; all those distractions from the previous day that kept him from telling of his true feelings for his yami.

He dressed for school sluggishly, all the while thinking of when he could tell Yami he loved him at school. He went downstairs to wait for his dark side to finish his shower and get dressed as well before they went to school together.

After eating a quick breakfast the two holders of the Millennium Puzzle started their trek to school in silence. As they did Yugi all the while was continuing to think of the perfect time to tell Yami where they could be alone together.

"Um, Yami?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you have plans for today? After school or anything?"

"No, why? Did you wish to do something, aibou?"

Yugi blushed and turned away quickly so Yami wouldn't notice. "No, just wondering is all."

"Alright then; if you're sure?"

"Yup, just curious is all."

Yami left it at that and they continued on their way to school in silence.

Arriving at school the duo met the rest of the gang at the front gate; Joey late as usual. When their blonde friend finally arrived just minutes before the bell they all walked into the building together.

Separating to go their separate ways to their lockers Yugi was suddenly struck with an idea that might work.

`I could just leave him a note in his locker!' He thought. `It's brilliant!' He was about to commend himself for his excellent thinking until he saw a girl he'd seen around school sometimes stick a note in someone else's locker and he frowned. `Then again, maybe not. Anybody could see me do it just like I did with her. That would be embarrassing!' He blushed and quickly turned away from Yami once more before he noticed and asked about it. `Besides,' he added as an afterthought, `I want to tell Yami myself.'

Once in the classroom they took their usual seats next to each other near the back of the classroom with Tristan sitting in front of Yugi.

`Maybe if I gave Yami a note telling him how I felt. Everyone's always passing notes in class so surely nobody would notice if I passed one to Yami. Even if they did they would never know what it said…' He was about to inwardly celebrate for his second stroke of sudden genius for the day before he then realized, `What if he lost it and someone found out it was from me to him?!' He then thought of an even better idea. He quickly scribbled that he needed to speak to Yami privately and very important at lunch…but just as he was about to pass it over to his yami he worried that Yami would think something was wrong with him and bug him through further notes all day until school was over. He crumbled the note up quickly and stuffed it in his pocket and packed his stuff up for the next class.

Yugi looked up to see if Yami was ready to go when the bell rang, but froze when he saw the older teen looking at him curiously. "What?"

"You had a note? Didn't you want to give it to me?"

"Uh? No!" He quickly shouted.

Yami looked at him curiously for a minute before shrugging. "All right then. Let's go; we don't want to be late."

"Sure, late." Yugi laughed nervously, glad that Yami had dropped the subject on the note crumbled inside his pocket.

~~

At lunch Yugi searched through the front of yard of the school high and low for his yami before he finally found him sitting by a tree, thankful he seemed alone, and he hurried over as fast as he could without seeming to anxious. However, upon getting closer, he found Tea lying beside Yami, clinging to his arm threateningly like she was going to break it off if he tried to leave without inviting her to come along.

`I'll just wait until Tea isn't around him then.' He thought miserably, his spirits dropping at ever being able to tell Yami how he truly felt about him.

Shaking his head in despair he walked away, unknowing that he was being watched by to two pairs of knowing eyes.

Malik and Ryou watched as their fellow hikari walked away after he seemed so relieved to see him. Concerned for his friend, Ryou followed him and afterwards Malik wasn't all that far behind him either.

"Yugi! Wait!" The hikari of the Ring called loudly.

The tri-color haired teen stopped and turned to wait for his two friends.

"What's up with you, Yugi?" Ryou asked worriedly.

"Yeah, you seemed to anxious to get to Yami lately but then you just walked away from him when you get closer." Malik added once he caught up.

Yugi just shook his head and tells them not to worry about it.

Malik smirked and closed his eyes significantly, thinking he looked superior to anyone when he did it. "I know what's wrong with you." He said softly in a deliberate tone.

Yugi gasped and stared at the ground guiltily, a blush covering his pale cheeks as he toed the ground in embarrassment. "Is it really that obvious?" He whispered.

Malik nodded when Yugi looked back up at him. Ryou looked between his two friends with confusion before he sighed in irritation. "Well I'm glad you know what's going on here, but do you mind filling me in?"

"Our little Yugi her is in love with Yami, but doesn't want to tell him with other people around to hear him." Malik explained simply.

Yugi's blush darkened and he looked away to avoid looking at them. "Just don't worry about it, okay?" He told them stubbornly. "I can do this myself." With that said he started away from his two friends, a saddened expression covering his face.

~~

After school Yugi walked ahead of Yami, annoyed out of his mind. He mumbled an excuse that he needed to see a teacher when Yami asked where he was going, but really he just wanted to be alone for a minute. Yami left hesitantly.

When he met Yami outside the gates Tea was once more hanging off his arm for dear life.

"I thought you didn't have anything to do after school?" Yugi grumbled out.

"I didn't." Yami informed him. "But Tea asked if I would help her study for a test at lunch. She asked if she could come home with us and I said that would be fine. Did you think of something you wanted to do? You've been awfully quiet all day."

"No, it's fine. I just figured we could go to the arcade or something, but some other time. After all, I don't want to get in the way of Tea's studying or anything." He mocked, knowing fully well that Tea was just going to try and get Yami's pants off.

Arriving at the game shop, Yami and Tea immediately settled on the couch and spread their books over the coffee table while Yugi went upstairs and locked himself in the bedroom out of frustration alone. He felt like screaming at the top of his lungs already and it was only the second day he actually tried telling Yami anything. He turned to stare at the clock and counted up to only half a minute before he heard a loud yelp of surprise coming from downstairs.

Sighing again, he flopped on the bed and hid his face in his pillow so nobody would hear him cry out his sadness if they happened to walk by (which was highly unlikely since his grandpa was out with friends for the day and Yami and Tea would be busy downstairs).

He knew Tea had just kissed Yami and that was the yelp of surprise coming from downstairs from Yami. He knew when Yami told him at the school gates what Tea had asked him to do that she would try. It could only be a matter of time before he heard moans of pleasure. After all, Tea could get anyone she wanted into bed.

`Yuck!' He thought in disgust. He wondered briefly if Mrs. Gardner knew of his daughter's disgusting habit of sleeping with the guys at school whenever she found even the slightest about of interest in them.

The thing the small hikari was worried about though wasn't the kiss alone though. He was more scared of the fact that now that Tea had made her move, no matter how obvious it was that she would, it would be even harder to get Yami alone to talk to him. Now he wasn't even sure if he could tell him or not.

He jumped off the bed and sloppily did his homework as fast as he could before climbing into bed and going to sleep before Yami came upstairs.