Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ To Understand Love ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Understand Love

By: Phoenix Of Light

Chapter One

Authoress's Note: This is my first Yugioh fanfic. It's mainly about Yami Bakura

and an original character named Charity. Yami Bakura starts having weird feelings towards one of Bakura's friends and slowly starts to become more prone to human feelings.

It was a beautiful day in Domino City. Yami Bakura sighed miserably as he walked down the stairs of his aibou's house. He noticed that Bakura was in the kitchen as always with Amanda Gin on his right and Charity Silvers on his left. He felt his heart stop when he saw Charity.

"Hey, Charity," said Bakura in his soft brittish sounding voice, "Would you please hand me those two eggs that I set on the counter a few minutes ago?"

The girl with super long golden blond hair and firey blue eyes nodded and handed the two eggs over to Bakura. She was still wearing her pajamas, which consisted of a tight light blue tank top and matching light blue shorts that were equally tight. Her hair was up in the normal ponytail.

Yami Bakura found it almost impossible to keep his eyes off of Charity, but managed to pull away. He'd felt an odd attraction to the young girl ever since he first laid eyes on her and it wasn't because of her card deck either. ~I'm turning into a weakling,~ he thought bitterly, ~I'm starting to think like my weak half...~ He then looked up to see Charity standing in the doorway. "What?!" he snapped, but immediately regretted it afterwards.

Charity flinched at the harsh question and backed up a bit. She had always been afraid of Yami Bakura, even though he had never so much as raised a hand to her. "I'm sorry," she said in a trembling tone and then disappeared around the corner.

Yami Bakura sighed. ~Dammit!~ he thought to himself, ~Wait a minute, why do I care what she thinks? I'm becoming worse than my hikari!~

***

Bakura looked at Charity with worry in his eyes when he noticed that Charity had suddenly become very quiet, like she was in a deep state of thought. "Charity?" he said, "Are you alright?"

Charity quickly turned her attention to Bakura and smiled weakly. "I'm fine," she stated softly as she brushed a few locks of her golden blond hair out of her face, "I'm just thinking about something..."

Bakura gave Charity the I-know-you-better-than-that-so-fess-up look. "And what are you thinking about?" he questioned further.

Charity just shook her head and smiled once more. "I'm going to go take a shower," she said in tones as soft as a lulluby, "I'll be back down when lunch is ready." Before anyone could say anything in protest, Charity had taken off up the stairs.

Amanda and Bakura looked at each other. "There's something up with her," stated Amanda as she adjusted her long brown braid; her green eyes sparkling with concern, "The only question is what is it that is bugging her so?"

"Maybe you should talk to her," suggested Bakura as he got out a huge bowl and poured the cake mix into it, "You can usually get her to open up to you."

Amanda sighed and nodded. "Alright," she said, "I'll ask her about it. But don't expect any miracles." She then smiled lightly and kissed her boyfriend on the cheek before walking out of the kitchen and heading up the stairs as well.

***

Bakura frowned after Amanda had left and turned to face the entrance to the kitchen with his arms crossed. "I know you're standing there, Yami," he said, "You might as well come in here and sit down."

Yami Bakura inwardly growled. How dare his light talk back to him in such a manner! He had half a mind to beat the living daylights out of Bakura right then and there, but decided against it and walked into view, his famous smirk on his face.

Bakura cringed and handed his darker half a plate. He knew that Yami Bakura didn't have to eat, but he thought he'd give it a try. After all, he did seem to take a small liking to chocolate. He then got his own plate and sat down on the opposite side of his other and began to eat.

Yami bakura, however, didn't seem to be all that enthused about eating his lunch. His mind was on Charity's behavior. ~Is it possible that she is acting this way because of the way I snapped at her?~ he wondered to himself, ~Not that I care, but she just seemed so sad...~

Bakura looked at his Yami's face and was surprised to see that there was a bit of regret shining behind his dark brown eyes. "Yami?" he said nervously, "What's wrong?"

Yami Bakura looked at his light and his face immediately became its hard cold self again. "Nothing, weakling!" he said as he stood up, "I don't even know why you'd waste your breath! And another thing, don't ever look me in the eyes again or I swear you'll regret it!" He marched out of the kitchen, leaving a very confused Bakura behind.

Bakura was bewildered by what had just happened. First, Charity had stopped talking and then Yami Bakura looked like he was regretfull of something, but what could he have possibly done to make him act so differently. He decided to finish his lunch and then go have a small talk with his dark half, not caring if he got beat up for it or not.