Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ TOTALLY SPIES: Dueling Dramas Season 2 ❯ Round one, Mandy VS Jerry: Part Two ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTY
 
 
SCORE: (Mandy: 8000 / Jerry: 1900)
 
Mandy: This duel isn't over yet, buddy! I still haven't lost any life points, while your down to 1900!”
 
Jerry: “I am aware of this, but kindly keep in mind that you can no longer attack on this turn. Now be a nice young lady and do proceed.”
 
Mandy: “Fine then… I'll place two card face-down and end my turn.”
 
Jerry: “Very well then, my draw now.”
 
(Draws)
 
“I shall activate a card call RELOAD… which allows me to put all the cards in my hand into my deck. Then I shuffle, and draw the same number of cards as I had before.”
 
“Now I shall place two cards face down, and activate another card HEAVY STORM. Which will blow all Magic and Trap-cards off of the field.”
 
(Mandy's and Jerry's face downs are destroyed)
 
Alex: “Why did Jerry do that? Now his face-downs are destroyed too.”
 
Mykan: “He did it for a good reason. Look.”
 
(Two strange statues appear)
 
Mandy: “You mind telling me what those things are all about?”
 
Jerry: “It's quite simple, really.”
 
“The two cards I played were two of the same traps called… STATUE OF THE WICKED. Whenever they get destroyed I can summon forth Statue Tokens to the field and defend me.”
 
(Atk: 1000 / Def: 1000)
 
“But I have something more efficient in mind. Now watch as I sacrifice my two tokens, to bring forth my ultimate monster. ANCIENT GEAR GOLEM!!”
 
(Atk: 3000 / Def: 3000)
 
Alex: “Whoa! That's Jerry's ultimate monster.”
 
Sam: “It sure looks tough.”
 
Jerry: “I shall also place one card face-down, and put this Continuous Spell-card into play… ANCIENT GEAR CASTLE. Now all my monsters that have “Ancient Gear” in their name will receive 300 additional attack points.”
 
(Atk: 3300)
 
“Further more, when my Golem attacks a monster in defense mode, and it's defence points are lower. The difference is dealt as damage to your life points.”
 
Mandy: “AAH! NO-WAY!!”
 
Jerry: “Now, Ancient Gear Golem… annihilate her Spear Dragon with GEAR GOLEM FIST!!”
 
(Atk: 3300) VS (Def: 0)
 
SCORE: (Mandy: 4700 / Jerry: 1900)
 
Ishizu's thoughts: “Amazing. While it seemed he was on the brink of loss, he pulls himself right form the ashes and exacts his revenge. How interesting.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “This isn't good at all. The only way I could possibly win would be for me to play my Egyptian God Card.”
 
“Even though the card is in my hand, I need to sacrifice three monsters in order to summon it, and thanks to his trap's effect, I've forced down to a wimpy little deck. I got do something.”
 
(Draws)
 
“Ahh… my Virus Cannon.”
 
Jerry: “With your draw… my trap-card activates.”
 
Mandy: “Huh?”
 
Jerry: “Activate MUKO!!”(Anime card only) “It activates when you draw a card, and sends that card immediately to the graveyard.”
 
Mandy: “Ah! No!”
 
(Mandy discards)
 
Alex: “Yeah! You go Jer.”
 
Mandy: “It's still my turn, and I can still put this into play… GRAVITY BIND!! This makes it so all monsters with a level of Four or higher can't attack. Like your Golem.”
 
“And I'll also summon my VORSE RADIER to the field in Defense mode.”
 
(Def: 1200)
 
“That's all for now.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “This is it… all I need is to hold up until my next turn. Then I can activate this Magic card and Summon my great beast from my hand.”
 
Sam: “Check out the grin on Mandy's face. Something's going to happen, I know it.”
 
Mykan: “Well don't forget… it's Jerry's turn now, and even though he can't attack he just might be able to do something.”
 
(Jerry Draws)
 
Jerry: “I first play, POT OF GREED so that I may draw yet another two cards.”
 
(Draws)
 
“And I set this card Face-down, and end my turn.”
 
Mandy's thoughts: “That's it. Now's my chance, but first I'm not going to let him get the best of me with that face down card of his.”
 
(Draws)
 
Mandy: “It's a good thing I discarded this a while back.. MYSTICAL SPACE TYPHOON!!”
 
(Jerry's face-down, destroyed)
 
Sabrina: “Oh, no! That was Jerry's only hope for survival.”
 
Mykan's thoughts: “Hmm… I don't know. It's almost as if Jerry has an idea of what Mandy's up to. He knows she can't summon Obelisk with less than three monsters. What's going to happen next?”
 
Mandy: “And now I can play this card without trouble… SOUL EXCHANGE!!”
 
Jerry: “Oh, my! This is serious.”
 
Mandy: “You bet it is… Now I get to sacrifice one of your monsters, as well as my own monsters. So I'll take your Ancient Gear Golem, along with my other two monsters…”
 
(Field begins to rumble and the skies go wild with thunder)
 
Alex: “Whoa! Here we go again!”
 
Mandy: “To summon forth the beast of your undoing!! OBELISK THE TORMENTOR!!”
 
(Atk: 4000 / Def: 4000)
 
Sam: “Oh no! Jerry… he's going to get wiped out.”
 
Sabrina: “Mmm… not necessarily he will.”
 
Mykan: “She's right. Mandy may have been able to actually summon Obelisk to the field, but because she played Soul Exchange she can't declare any attacks at all this turn.”
 
Sam: “Whew! That's a load off my mind.”
 
Alex's thoughts: “Come on Jerry. You only got one turn now… make it count.”
 
Jerry's thoughts: “I must say. For someone with no manners. She certainly has done well… Perhaps I should show her a little thing or two about how you lose, and how you win.”
 
(Jerry is about to draw, but places his hand on the deck instead.)
 
(Everyone gasps)
 
Sam: “Jerry!”
 
Alex: “What?!”
 
Sabrina: “No!”
 
Mykan: “Huh?”
 
Mandy: “Hey!”
 
Marik: “Awe!”
 
Ishizu: “It cannot be!”
 
Jerry: “I see it fit to conceive the duel.”
 
FINAL SCORE: (Mandy: 4700 / Jerry: 1900)
 
 
The images faded, and everyone remained completely silent. Until Jerry stared at Odion. “Well… what are you waiting for?” he asked “The Duel is over, announce the winner.”
 
Odion came-to and held out his arm. “The winner of this match is… Mandy!”
 
Although Mandy did win the match, she did not seem to be appreciating it like she normally would. “Just a minute!” she growled. “What kind of a victory was this? I didn't even get t use my Obelisk's attack!”
 
“I hate to say this… but I'm with Mandy on this one.” said Alex “Why did you surrender Jer?”
 
“Well… I see my lesson seems to have had an impact on her.” he said. “You see, I've been keeping track of you girls, and your friends as you duel. This way I could keep a close watch on you all.”
 
“I noticed how very poor Mandy's sportsmanship is towards her opponents and to her cards. So that lead me to wondering… What if she won the duel, but she weren't actually the one to end it?”
 
None of us ever thought of that before, not even me. We realized just know that was a really honorable way to end duels. Even if you couldn't actually win the duel, if you can still make it so you end it yourself before your opponent does.
 
“I warn you young Mandy… in the words of young Mykan.” replied Jerry. “You will never progress through the finals if you continue on this route of selfishness, and gloating.”
 
Mandy just turned the other cheek. “What-ever!” she huffed. “At least I still am in the finals, which means I'm still better than Clover and Sam.” She giggled with her trademark snigger.
 
“See you in the finals, Alex!” and then she walked off.
 
“I'll be there… and I'll kick your can!” Alex called back.
 
Then Odion announced that there would be a fifteen minute break until the next, and final match of the first round would begin.
 
Sabrina and I stared at each other and I backed away a few steps. Both of us thinking the exact same thing in our minds.
 
“Sabrina.”
 
“Mykan… Well… I guess there isn't going to be any other way out now.”
 
“This is it… if I want to progress through these finals and rescue Erica. I must duel against my Wife… the woman I love… the mother of the baby I was trying to rescue.”
 
The only question there was that everyone had on their minds was… “How can they duel like this?”