Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Truth ❯ Love and Secrets ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AND*Put's up huge neon sign that reads:
I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh and probably never will.
I do own the plot and any and all new characters that come from my demented world.
Thank you for not taking them without my permission.*
AND:This is a weird story that came from being in 100 degree temperatures. Please review even if it's just to falme me. Thank you. Now on with the fic.
__________________________________________________________________ ___________
~Tea's POV~

My heart was beating quickly. I couldn't help it. I got this feeling around him all the time. He looked up at me, his innocent eyes looking at me with concern.

"Is anything wrong, Tea?" he asked me. We were sitting on a bench in the park waiting for Jou and Maii. They were always trying to get me an Yugi togather, so I think this was one of their ideas.

"Nothings wrong, Yugi," I told him lieing. He knew it. I never was a good liar like my father.

"If you ever need to tell me something, I'm here," Yugi told me and walked away. I watched him go. I wanted to tell him, but everytime I freeze up.

/He'll never feel the same toward me./ I thought.

//Why do you think that?// a voice in my head asked.

/Why are you speaking to me again?/

//To help you. Now, answer my question.//

/I want to confess my feelings and tell him the truth./

//I see. Just tell him.//

/I...I..I can't./

//Why?//

/He'll hate me./

//Why?//

/I am Anzu M. Crawford, daughter of Pegasus. The man who took his grandfather's soul.//

//Didn't you stand beside him when he dueled Pegasus?//

/Yes./

//Were you ever tempted to betray him?//

/No./

//Will you still be the same?//

/No. I have to run a company, remember./

//Will your attitude still be the same?//

/I hope./

//Tell him. Trust me.//

/But. . . ./

//DO IT!//

I cringed and decided not to disobey my yami, Bast. I got up and went to find Yugi. I found him being harrasssed and close to being beaten by a gang of people. I ran over to where they were.

"Leave him be," I said coldly.

"Look boys, a mouse defending the little boy," the leader said. "Why don't you come with a real man, like me?"

I looked him ion the eyes with a cold smile. "get the hell away from him you filthy son of a bitch. He is more of a man than you'll ever be," I said with an erie calm that my father had taught me to intimidate people with.

"WHY YOU!!!!" the leader yelled and lunged at me. I steped away. He turned to deliver another punch, but he met my fist halfway in his stomach. He doubled over and fell to the ground. His men were in shock. I turned and looked at them. My eyes must have been screaming murder. They ran like bats out of hell. I walked over to Yugi. He just stared at me with wide eyes.

"Can wer talk?" I asked him quietly. He nooded and we went to sit on a nearby bench. "Yugi I. I. .I"

"You?" He asked when I stopped. I took a deep breath and relized that I couldn't say it.

//Then show him you idiot!// Bast screamed at me. i reached under his chin and pulled his face up so he could look into my eyes. I leaned forward and kissed him lightly on the lips. I pulled back blushing a bright red crimson. I looked at Yugi. He was bright red.

"Tea, I feel...." he started when I stopped him.

"There is more. I have been decieving you. My name isn't Tea Gardener. My name is Anzu Mazki Crawford, daughter of the late Pegasus C. Crawford," I explained. I looked at him. He moved away from me and I looked at the ground quickly. This was what I had been afraid of. Then I felt it, his soft hand on my cheek. I turned and looked at him with unshed tears redy to fall. He looked at me and smiled.

"You never left me or betrayed me to your father in the Duelest Kingdom. Why?" he asked.

"I couldn't. I've grown to close to you, Yugi, dangerously close," I answered looking at his eyes. He traced my jaw with his thumb and pulled me toward him. He stopped when there was less than an inch between us.

"I love to Tea Gardener, or Anzu M. Pegasus. You are the same person and I love her and her alone," he stated pulling me in for the rest of the kiss. We seperated and looked in each others eyes and smiled. A few minutes later Jou and MAii came towards us. They paused to see how close we were sitting and smiled.

//Way to go, aibou.// Bast said.

/Thank you. You were the one who helped me through it./

"Tea," Jou said waving his hand in front of my face. I reached up and grabbed it smirking. He backed away in pain. I guess I used to much of my strength.

~School next day~

"Have you guys heard?" Honda asked us.

"Heard what?" I asked.

"Pegasus's daughter is taking over his company," he replied.

"Great, another self-centered beauty queen. She'll probably be a snob," Jou said. I tensed up.

'Wait until the teacher takes attendance.'

"You know anything about this girl, Kaiba?" Jou bugged Kaiba.

"Just hope that she didn't hear you. She is a great fighter and could turn you into a bloody pulp," he replied with a smirk. I inwardly groaned.

"Class settle down," the teacher said. Everyone sat down, not wanting to get on the teacher's nerves. She went through the roll until shegot to my name. "Anzu M. Crawford?"

"Here," I said. Every head turned to look at me . The teacher nodded and went back to the roll. I groaned. This was not going to be an easy day.