Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ultimate Valentine ❯ Ultimate Valentine ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistress: I have started updating again!
People: YAY
 
Mistress: ^///^ anyway, I was listening to some old music from like the 80's on my computer (don't ask me how or why) and this story was born.
 
/hikari to Yami/
//Yami to hikari/
 
 
TO STORY!
 
Yugi was sitting alone is his room listening to the soft music that vibrated through the empty room. He sighed and rolled over to his side, his face facing the desk full of pictures. Among them were pictures of Yami and him in the park. He looked sadly at the picture that was framed by oak. If only things were like that again. After Yami had received his own body the two had become increasingly close until they had become an official couple. Anzu had been outraged. Joey had been supportive, especially since he had gotten together with Seto. Ryou had been ecstatic. Bakura had received his own body also and had one night just blurted out that he loved Ryou. Things were good; until a few months after. Yami had started to hang around Yugi less and less and more around the others. He often forgot Yugi was even in the same room with him. Grandpa had even started to forget him. Yami was taking his place with his family and friends and he was being left in the shadows. Yugi blinked away tears as he thought of the broken promises Yami had given him. Then he thought of the nasty fight they had had a few days back.
 
~ Flashback ~
 
Yugi was sitting at the table picking at his food. It was Yugi's Birthday, not that anyone would remember, and he was sitting alone in the empty house. Yami was supposed to be here with him. But no, he was out with the others. Throwing away the food moodily he decided to take a walk outside. It was getting dark but Yugi didn't mind. The breeze was soft and light. As he walked past a large apartment complex he spotted Yami and Anzu. Even though he tried not to look he saw Yami and Anzu engaged in a passionate kiss. Holding back tears he ran the opposite way. When he finally came to a stop he noticed he was lost. Miserably he kicked the ground. The sun was now completely gone and without warning it started to rain. Sighing he started walking wherever his feet took him. He didn't get very far when a large man stopped him.
 
“It's dangerous for little kids to be walking outside alone at this our,” the man said with a hint of lust in his voice.
 
Of course Yugi being who he is didn't notice it.
 
“I'm fine sir, besides I'm 17,” Yugi answered.
 
Chuckling the man said,”well then that's all the better for me.”
Not giving Yugi a chance to scream he brought his mouth fiercely onto Yugi's. He pulled Yugi's arms behind his back and backed them into an alley. Struggling, Yugi tried to get the offending hands off of him. Not thinking of anything else to do he tried contacting Yami.
 
/Yami! Help please hurry! /
 
/Yugi?...where are you? /
 
Yugi quickly sent a mental picture to Yami about his whereabouts before he felt someone pulling his pants down. Tears now streaming down his face he prayed for Yami to find him. And find him Yami did.
 
“Yugi,” Yami said with a hint of impatience, anger, and frustration in his voice.
 
Whimpering Yugi got up and hugged Yami. He felt Yami stiffen, look around, and the hug him back.
 
“Let's go home,” Yami said starting to pull Yugi along.
 
Later that night Yami had asked Yugi to sit with him and talk. At first he told Yugi he was going to be hanging out at Bakura's and Ryou's for a while.
 
“I'm going against my better judgment and leaving you here to care for the shop,” Yami said simply.
 
Somewhat angry Yugi raised his eyebrows and asked. “Against your better judgment? Besides why can't I come?”
 
“Because I said so,” Yami replied.
 
“You said so?”
 
“Yeah,” Yami said as if to end the argument but Yugi wouldn't leave it there not today.
 
“Why for real?” Yugi asked.
 
“You wanna know! Cause you are so damn weak! If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be alive! The reason you can't come because I don't feel like watching your back when I'm trying to have some fun,” Yami said angrily.
 
And it had just gotten worse from there. That night Yugi had gone to bed feeling worse than ever. Yami hadn't even bothered to ask if he was okay. Before he turned the lights off he muttered through his tears, “Happy Birthday to me”
 
~ end Flashback ~
 
Tonight was starting just like that night, except it was Valentines day. A day he was supposed to be spending with Yami. Also tonight would end differently. He wiped away the tears that were now cascading freely down his face as he sat up. Taking the puzzle he still for some reason wore off he started writing a note to all of his friends. The one he made for Yami was special however. Even through hell Yugi still loved Yami and even if it seemed crazy wanted him to be happy. This year Yami was getting his wish for Valentines day. Freedom, a life, and no one to weigh him down. Smiling sadly he placed a kiss on the envelope. Walking downstairs he placed the envelope with a rose next to it. Pulling out a knife from the drawer he made a cut in his wrist and with his blood he wrote “Happy Valentines Day Love” onto the closed, white envelope. HE walked back up the stairs and closed the door to his room. Even though it was almost unnecessary he checked their almost non existing link to make sure Yami couldn't hear him. He sat on his bed and made sure he was comfortable before making the deep cut that would end his life. He watched as the life giving droplets fell onto his green bed sheets. He opened his and Yami's link with the last of his strength.
 
/love you Yami and happy valentines day/
 
And then he died. With blood and tears mixing together. The soft music playing in the background.
 
Later that night as Yami entered the house he could sense something wrong. He briefly thought of Yugi and went straight to the kitchen. He spotted a rose and a letter. He picked up the letter. The blood had dried so he didn't notice it. Opening it he pulled out the letter.
 
Dear Yami,

Happy Valentines day. I bet you don't know who gave this to you because I don't matter anymore, I'm just a burden…but I'll tell you. It's me, Yugi, your hikari, your lover, your used to be boy friend. No matter how bad you treat me I can'
t help but love you. I also forgive you for not remembering my birthday. I hope you had a pleasant evening. I have a present for you upstairs in my room. It's what you've always wanted. At least from what you tell me it is. I hope your life is full of happiness and know I don't hate you, I never could. *kiss*Love, Yugi
 
 
 
As he finished Yugi's letter Yami couldn't help but clutch at his heart. It was hurting so bad… He now thought of their arguments and thought about how little time he had been spending with his dear hikari. Another wave of guilt hit him as he remembered Anzu… and the night of Yugi's almost rape. He realized with horror at how horrible he had been. The only thought that brought him comfort was that Yugi was waiting upstairs for him with forgiveness and that he wasn't the only one who had been neglecting of Yugi. With a small hope in his mind he made his way to Yugi's room. He gently opened the door and walked closer to the `sleeping' boy on the bed. He opened his mouth to speak but found himself unable too. There lay Yugi, dead, with dried tears visible. Collapsing to the ground he noticed a small letter addressed to him. It was from Yugi. With a heavy heart and blurry eyes he read the note.
 
I hope you got what you wanted. Freedom, a life, and no one to weigh you down… I love you even now that I am dead. I know you wont cry for me because I am only a shadow to you.
 
Happy Valentines day
 
And at the bottom of the letter was a kiss in blood.
 
 
Owari
 
Mistress: Well that was my first shot at a yugioh fanfic EVER. How was it? Reviews please!
 
PUSH THE BUTTON! PUSH THE BUTTON! PUSH THE BUTTON!