Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Ultimate Valentine ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This chapter has been written in honor of:
Tenshi-Tsuki
SoulDreamer
MysticJunebugs
wolfgirl17591
HaloTenshi
TheAlmightyIshizu-Isis
Blaqheartedhanyou
Turtle
Kat1132
DiamondSakuraDragon
Kayrana
Koishii No Tenshi
Mistress: You guys are so great! I thought my story would be a failure for sure! ( as known it was my first stab at a yugioh fiction) I am so relieved to know people other than me enjoyed it. Thank you so much! I was planning on having it a one-shot but you guys are just so great! I hope you enjoy this chapter as well. Although I have to say it may not be as dark because my day has been pretty good actually.
THANK YOU!

Ultimate Valentine Epilogue

Quick flash to previous
As he finished Yugi's letter Yami couldn't help but clutch at his heart. It was hurting so bad… He now thought of their arguments and thought about how little time he had been spending with his dear hikari. Another wave of guilt hit him as he remembered Anzu… and the night of Yugi's almost rape. He realized with horror at how horrible he had been. The only thought that brought him comfort was that Yugi was waiting upstairs for him with forgiveness and that he wasn't the only one who had been neglecting of Yugi. With a small hope in his mind he made his way to Yugi's room. He gently opened the door and walked closer to the `sleeping' boy on the bed. He opened his mouth to speak but found himself unable too. There lay Yugi, dead, with dried tears visible. Collapsing to the ground he noticed a small letter addressed to him. It was from Yugi. With a heavy heart and blurry eyes he read the note.
I hope you got what you wanted. Freedom, a life, and no one to weigh you down… I love you even now that I am dead. I know you wont cry for me because I am only a shadow to you.
Happy Valentines day
And at the bottom of the letter was a kiss in blood.

There was nothing to describe the guilt running through the Pharaoh's heart, trampling it. His hands trembled as crystal drops smeared `his' hikari's writing on the note. Pretty soon his whole body was shaking his breath catching in his throat. As if on cue ice cold rain started to pour outside. Knives stabbed at Yami as he looked gathered the courage to look at `his' other half.
Dropping the note to the ground he crawled onto Yugi's bed, ignoring the blood that was smeared against the bed sheets and Yugi's petite form.
“Pl-please…” Yami's voice cracked as he reached over and brushed one of Yugi's golden bangs off of his dead countenance.
More tears fell from the boy's eyes as he waited for a response, all the while knowing he wouldn't get one. His eyes were now puffy and red. Quivering he wrapped his arms around the dead hikari and pulled him into his chest. The cold of Yugi's body was nothing compared to the cold that was seeping into his heart.
“Please….by Ra..please Y-yu-yugi,” Yami whispered his voice breaking once he tried to speak his former lovers name.
His pleas fell on deaf ears as the rain increased, as if crying for the tragedy of it all. As if the heaven's themselves were weeping with the damned Pharaoh. Desperation getting the best of him he placed a soft kiss on the blue lips of his young friend, praying to feel the boy respond with the gentleness of an angel that he was used to.
It was all his fault that the young boy had been driven to this. All…his…fault. And there was no denying it. Yami closed his eyes and willed it all to go away. The body in his arms was not Yugi…the body in his arms was not dead. Yet, no matter how much he may wish reality is reality as harsh and unfair as it may be.
He saw an image of Yugi laughing…smiling and for a moment Yami could've sworn he heard Yugi's voice softly whisper `I love you Yami….always'. This brought a new wave of salty liquid to his eyes.
Yami opened the crimson orbs, like blood, again only to see the pale, tear stained, face of `his hikari'. Unsure of how to cope anymore his fingers numbly reached for the cell phone he had in his pocket. Yugi's cell phone…it was originally meant as a present from Yugi's Grandpa to him…but Yami had seemed more responsible than Yugi so the cell phone was his.
The Pharao's frozen fingers brushed over the speed dial button. He slowly, mustering all his strength, brought the phone up to his ear.
“….mh….Hmellow?” came the strong British half asleep voice of Ryou.
Yami? Why are you calling?”
Yami is something wrong?”
Rustling was heard on the other end of the phone.
`Bakura I think there's something wrong with Yami…'
`What now?'
`we should go check on him at the Game Shop'
Yami we'll be right there”
Click.
And once again Yami was left in silence with his dead boy friend cradled in his arms. He shifted slightly and hit something hard. Swallowing, Yami picked up the object he had hit. What he saw brought on the fiercest wave of tears yet. His body shook violently as he clutched the object to his body. What he had hit was a picture of him and Yugi under a Sakura Tree, kissing. They both had such content smiles on their faces.
The rain continued to pound the ground and the wailing of the wind was soon added to the ballad. Time seemed to be still in the house. Meanwhile downstairs, unbeknownst to Yami, Ryou and Bakura had already arrived.
“….it smells like blood,” Bakura comented.
“Oh no, you don't think Yami,” Ryou dared not finish his sentence.
Bakura hugged his light reassuringly.
“No I don't think so….how about we find him,” he said softly.
Ryou nodded and let himself be lead up the stairs. As they reached the second floor sobs reached their ears. Heading directly towards them they found themselves at Yugi's door. Yugi…neither albino could remember the last time they talked to the young boy. Oh well…no better time than the present.
The sight they saw caught them off guard. There was Yami sitting on Yugi's bead, cradling Yugi's body and a picture, while crying his heart out. Alarmed Ryou ran to the Pharaoh.
“Yami what's wrong?”
Yami's head twitched slightly as he pointed a shaky finger at the note on the floor. Bakura nodded at his hikari and picked up the note. Bakura's hands trembled slightly as he read the note out loud causing Yami to release fresh tears once again.
“But I don't understand,” Ryou said a few tears leaking from his eyes.
Bakura's eyes were glistening with unshed tears as he pointed to Yugi. Ryou looked closer at the boy and gasped. His heart gave a furious cry as tears flooded his cheeks.
“Oh Ra no….” Ryou whispered.

That night an angel had died…that night a future was stolen…that night a heart was broken…and that night a frozen soul was set free…but at what cost? That night enemies became close friends…that night a thousand tears were shed.
That month regret and guilt ate at hearts like cancer…that month a new star appeared in the sky…that month new friendships were made…and that month…a fallen angel smiled.
That year many lives were changed…that year people became more considerate…that year a new light shone through the dark…that year a new chance arose…that year and angel's sacrifice in the name of love…was fulfilled.
AUTHORS BLAH BLAH
I decided to give this story a softer endining ;; did I completely mess up? Oh well it's 2:30 am and I'm risking no computer but what the hell.
REVIEWS WILL MAKE THIS HORRIBLE WRITER (and story screw upper) VERY HAPPY!