Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Unconditional Love ❯ First Encounter ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I am posting all fics from Fanfiction.net to mediaminer.  These fanfics are listed from oldest to newest.  This fanfic was posted to fanfiction.net   4 /5 /03   and has 117 reviews on fanfiction.net.  Keep in mind, I have revised this fic, however, it’s an OLD work.               Unconditional Love


    Chapter 1: First Encounter

Malik emerged from the interior of the drab, dark building. It had been the first time he had went out on his own without sending Rare Hunters to do his dirty work for him. The sun was bright and it blinded him and was a pain to look at because his eyes had not yet adjusted.

Everything was so bright, it seemed like the first time Malik saw the outside world from living underground so long. Malik had to shade his eyes as he walked around in search of his ship to take him off to Battle City to have his final duel with Yugi and gain another Egyptian God Card.

"You have taken everything from me. My parents. My sister. Reducing me to lurking in the caves for the fear of being destroyed by the fools you manipulated into serving you. But Soon, Pharoah,soon.  The day is near when you will be the one hiding"

The sun was painfully bright as Malik slowly walked outside. He has nearly forgotten how it felt after all the years he spend underground, first working so hard to protect Yami and then plotting his vengeance against the Great Pharaoh who ordered his parents dead.

As Malik was walking through a small merchant town on the boarder of the shore. He spied a young girl, appearing in her late teens. She was of normal height and dressed in dark purple robes with the hood draping down, covering most of her face. Her light blue hair stuck out from the sides a bit as she knelt down and looked at various items being sold by the merchants around the town.

"Who is that girl?" Malik asked himself softly, never taking an eye off of her as he watched her move about. Malik clutched his Millennium Rod closely to his chest . " Maybe I shouldn't leave just yet." Malik says as he spies the symbol on the back of the girl's robes.

The young girl picked up an apricot and seemed to be inspecting it of any impurities or bruises. Suddenly, she felt a violent shove from behind by one of the busy buyers. The apricot flew out of her hand and landed upon the ground, where it bounced a couple of times and rolled a decent way. She knelt down and reached her hand down slowly to grasp it, as she did a darker colored hand reached down for it as well, almost at the same time she did but her hand was ahead by a little and his landed on hers.

She looked up and saw a second figure, whom, in which was dressed in a mannerism similar to hers. In his hand he held a golden rod that shimmered with radiance in the light of the sun. She slightly lifted her head, and Malik could see her face, he gazed at her for quite sometime. Though her face was shaded, he could see her delicate features, her skin was pale and her hair was short, it curled around her cheeks, caressing her hazel colored eyes. Beneath her robes, in which were almost identical to Malik's. A few moments passed and finally she spoke up.

"Would you like this apricot?" She asked Malik as she slid her hand out from under his gently. She placed her hand atop his and squeezed it around the apricot gently to grasp it.

"You can have it." She said as she got up. Shortly after she got up, Malik arose and set the apricot back in the merchant's stand.

"No thanks." He said in a cold, emotionless voice.

"Oh." She said simply as she turned to leave. She got on the boat and departed to the dueling grounds. Malik, on the other hand, stood back and watched as she left, then he walked off, seeming to disappear into the crowd of bustling civilians and clever merchants, trying to conversate their way into a sale.

The girl looked back, hoping to catch another glimpse of the stranger she met not twenty minutes ago, but he was gone. A sign escaped her lips as she turned around, facing the direction in which her destiny and the man she swore to protect waited. As she stood there, gazing at the ever changing ocean, her mind drifted on the waves of her memory. An image rose from the depth of her mind, and a sound. "Heed my words, child. I have seen what was as I have seen what shall be. For centuries, we were watching. Watching as fewer and fewer of us remained true to the old ways. Watching as our precious knowledge was lost. Watching as the old, forgotten prophecies came to pass. But now the time of wait is over. The Last Battle is nearing, bringing madness and destruction in its wake. Now, I ask you to protect the Pharaoh just as your ancestors did. You must help him defeat the darkness or all will be lost. Succeed, and nothing will have changed. Fail, and chaos will reign the universe forever." A sudden gust of wind brought the blue haired girl to reality.   “I will find the Pharaoh", she whispered, her eyes burning with resolve.

The wind grew cold as Domino City was rising higher and higher in the distance.  

Please R&R! I love getting reviews, tell me if it's good or bad or what! Constructive criticism is always welcomed. It's about time I wrote a fic about Malik! He's one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh characters, and thanks to all who have read this. Hope to have ch. 2 up soon.

R&R