Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire story ❯ What do we do now? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh!

Vampire story
Chapter3: What do we do now?

By Yami Kitsune

Yami and every one were sitting in the living room trying to think of what they were going to ask Ryou once he woke up. Marik had gone back down to check on the little vampire and found him fast asleep in the corner of the bed.

Bakura was deep in thought about this little vampire that looked so much like him. How could something so innocent be something so evil? It made Bakura think about the past few years. Were all vampires evil? That is what he used to think, but now he wasn't so sure. Marik had told him there used to be a whole clan of vampires like Ryou that had been made out of children.

That made Bakura mad. What kind of sick bastard would do that to kids only to kill them off when you got tired of them? Bakura wanted so much to go down there right now and talk to the little vampire; ask him where he came from and if there were any more like him. For the first time in his life Bakura wanted to know more about vampires. He always thought he was fine with just knowing their weaknesses, but maybe, just maybe there were more to vampires then even Marik knew.

Bakura was snapped out of his thoughts when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up into Marik's lavender eyes.

"He's awake." Was all he said before he and Yami went down stairs. Bakura stood up and fallowed them. No one else wanted to go down there yet.

~*~

Malik woke up and stretched his wings. He smiled when he saw Yugi do the same thing next to his left. He looked to his right expecting to see Ryou there before he remembered Ryou had gone missing the night before. Malik sighed and looked at Yugi who frowned at the empty coffin.

"We should go look for him." Yugi said standing up stretching once more.

"I'll go look for him first, you stay here in case he comes back. If I get back and he's not here then you will go out and look for him and I'll stay here." Malik said standing up and getting out of his coffin. Yugi nodded in agreement.

"I'm hungry." Yugi pointed out before Malik took off. Malik looked at him and smiled.

"Ok why don't you go out and look first then? That way you can pick up dinner on your way back." Malik said. Yugi nodded and spared his wings taking off. Malik knew Yugi really wasn't hungry, he just liked flying. After all this time Yugi still couldn't get enough of flying over the city late at night.

Sighing Malik went back inside to wait for Yugi and Ryou. Malik didn't know why, but he had a feeling that something was going to happen. He didn't know if it was good or bad, but he knew he should keep his eyes open for any thing weird happening.

~*~

Ryou looked up sleepily when he heard the door open. His eyes shot open when he saw Marik come in along with Yami and Bakura.

"Good evening." Yami said softly so as not to scare the little vampire. Ryou just looked at him and nodded. Marik frowned when he saw Ryou start shaking a little bit. He could tell that Ryou was still scared of them. He didn't know what to do to make the little vampire calm.

"Do you mind if we ask you a few questions?" Marik asked sitting in the chair next to the bed. Ryou looked at him giving a quick glance to Bakura and Yami before he answered.

"I-I don't m-mind." Ryou said softly that they wouldn't have heard him if the weren't listening for it.

"First off, where are you from? Have you always been in this city?" Marik asked. Ryou shook his head.

"N-no.We.I mean.I move a-around a l-lot so o-other vampires c-can't find me." Ryou said a bit louder for them to hear him. Marik guessed there were more of these little vampires around, there was no way this little guy had survived all this time on his own.

"How old are you?" Bakura asked. Ryou's head snapped over to look at him. He wasn't expecting Yami or Bakura to ask him any questions, but he did say he would answer any of their questions.

"175 years old." Ryou said staring at him. Bakura's eyes locked with Ryou's, neither one looked away until Marik asked Ryou another question.

"How old were you when you were changed?"

"14.w-why are you asking me these questions?"

"Were trying to figure out who has been killing human's and leaving a mark on their chest." Seto said as he stepped into the room. Ryou's eyes went wide. These hunters were looking for Yugi and Malik! Ryou would do any thing to protect them from being captured by these hunters like he was. Sure they had been nice to him so far, but what happened when they got the info they wanted? Ryou swallowed and moved back agents the wall a bit more. He didn't even realize what he was about to say until it was to late.

"It was me!! I killed them! I left the mark there, please don't hurt me!" Ryou said now staring at Seto eyes wide with fear. But the fear was mostly for his friends Malik and Yugi. He didn't want them to get in trouble with the hunters.

"See I told you we got the right one!" Tristen said from behind Seto. "Now lets just kill him!" Marik glared at Tristen. He didn't really like him, some times Joey was more of a hunter then he was. And everyone just put up with him because he was part of the team. They would kick him off the team if he wasn't a pretty good fighter, and with out him at least half of the vampires they had killed in the past would still be walking around.

"No, we are not going to kill him!" Marik snapped at Tristen. He turned back to Ryou and sighed. They probably couldn't get much more from him tonight, he was to scared now. Marik stood up and left the room. Yami stared at him before he fallowed. Seto just glared at the little vampire before leaving as well. Ryou looked at Bakura and was waiting for him to leave as well, but he was surprised when Bakura sat down in the chair that Marik had been sitting in a few seconds ago.

"So vampire, do you have a name? Or do I just keep calling you vampire all the time?" Bakura asked. Ryou started at him, why was this hunter still talking to him? What did he want from him?

"Are you going to answer?" Ryou was snapped out of his thoughts.

"Huh?" Ryou asked.

"I asked you for your name. Or do I have to give you one?"

"N-no, I have a name."

"Well then? What is it?"

"R-Ryou." Ryou said softly.

"Ryou huh? It fits you." Bakura smiled, and was a little shocked when he saw a faint blush on Ryou's cheeks. He had never known vampires could blush, they had no blood. So how could this one?

"Your blushing." Bakura pointed out. Ryou looked at him and nodded slowly.

"I-I know."

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" Ryou gave him a small nod. "You don't have to worry about me. I'm not going to hurt you, in fact, I am a bit curies as to why you look like me?" Ryou shrugged. He didn't know the answer to that either. But he did want to find out, and find out why the other two hunters looked like his friends. He looked over to the window when he thought about how worried Malik and Yugi must be right now. They were probably looking for him.

Bakura noticed the small change in the vampire and wondered what he was thinking. He was about to ask when he heard Yami calling him from up stairs. Sighing he stood up and went over to the door. Before he left he looked at Ryou one more time.

"If you need any thing just ask ok?" Ryou looked at him and gave him a small nod. With that Bakura left the room to find out what Yami wanted him for.

~*~

Malik was pacing back and forth. He was getting worried about Ryou, even if he had gone out hunting on his own, he would have been back by now. Malik looked up when he heard someone land outside. Hoping it was Ryou he ran over to the door and opened it. Yugi came in with his head down.

"I couldn't find him any where." He said. Malik could tell he was more worried for their little friend.

"Don't worry, we'll find him. But first, lets go get something to eat ne?" Yugi nodded. He knew he was supposed to eat when he went out before, but all he wanted to do was find Ryou and make sure he was alright. Both vampires went out went out and took flit to find their first meal of the night.

~*~

Bakura walked up stairs to the living room where Yami was sitting on the couch watching TV with every one elts.

"What do you want?" Yami held up his hand and continued to watch the TV. Curious Bakura walked over to see what they were watching. It was the news; there had been another attack in the park. The same weird mark was found on the person's chest.

"He lied to us!" Tristen snapped. "I knew we couldn't trust him!" Joey glared at him.

"Maybe he was just trying to keep his friends safe form us?" Joey suggested.

"Joey's right. He has no resin to trust us right now, and if he thinks were after his friends as well as him, he wont be willing to tell us a thing and will keep taking the blame on himself." Marik said.

"Maybe we should just torture him a little bit and then see how much he wants to talk." Tristen suggested. This earned him a glare from every one in the room, he raised up his hands and took a step back.

"Ok forget I said that."

"You know we don't do torture!" Yami snapped at him. "And if you ever suggest that again, you will find your self looking for a new place to live." Tristen nodded. Bakura watched as every one discussed what they should do with the vampire.

"Why do you let me and Marik handle him?" Bakura spoke up startling every one because he had not said a word sense he came up.

"What?" Joey asked.

"Let me and Marik handle him. Me and him together can get him to trust us, and then we can find out the truth." Marik looked at him for a moment before he agreed.

"Fine. The vampire will be under both your care for now." Yami said and looked back at every one. "And until then no one is aloud to go near him."

"We might need Joey to feed him a couple of times so he doesn't go on a killing spree." Marik said. Joey nodded in agreement.

"Its settled then. You three will watch the vampire."

"Ryou." Bakura interrupted.

"Huh?" Every one looked at him.

"His name is Ryou, and if he is going to be staying here with me watching him, I want you to call him by his name." They nodded. "I am going down to check on him." Bakura said and turned around going back down stairs.

~*~

Two figures were sitting in a tree outside the house; they had been listening to the conversation. They didn't like what they had heard. The other vampire had been right. Ryou was taken by the hunters.

"It will be almost impossible to get him out of there." Malik whispered.

"We have to! We can't leave him in there!" Yugi snapped back at him. Malik nodded.

"We're not leaving him. We will come back tomorrow night when we have a plan on how to get him out." Yugi nodded and they took off toward home again. They would be able to sleep a little bit better after what they had heard Ryou was being taken good care of.

TBC>>>

OK what did you think of that chapter? It is a bit longer then the other ones ^_^ let me know how you liked it. And what do you think should happen next? Let me know!! Ja ne!