Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Virus ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorry for the short chappie, but I was pretty sick last night. Hopefully a longer chapter tomorrow.

Disclaimer: I do not own Yugioh, and no money is made from this work.

************************************************************ *************************************

Virus - Part 18

He was with Yugi next to a warm fireplace, and they were touching and kissing. Being the more experienced of the two, he took the lead and gently stripped the exquisite younger man. Supple skin, pale and creamy, was slowly exposed to his hungry gaze.

His mouth followed the trail his hands had blazed. Licking the pulse that beat rapidly at the neck, he kissed his way down towards rosy nipples eager for his attention. He did not disappoint them. He attached himself to the right nubbin and suckled for a moment. Wetting it thoroughly, he pulled back and blew a stream of cool air. The sensitive bud hardened even more. He gave the same attention to its twin on the left.

He moved down further, delighting in the sweetness of Yugi's innocent responses, savoring the knowledge that no one had ever done this before. This act would mark Yugi as his, forever.

Small fingers twined themselves in his hair. He heard a low whisper and strained to make out the words.

//….max…Max…MAX!//

Pegasus was jolted out of his daydream by Chikan's internal shouts.

/Stop screaming at me, and calm yourself, Chikan. You know that you enjoy looking at him just as much as I do./

They had arrived at the Forbidden Keep with their prisoners and had deposited them in the dungeons. Even though nothing would happen until tomorrow night, Pegasus was drawn to watching Yugi through the small barred opening in the door.

He glowed. There were only a few torches in the dungeons; the sun was a barely acknowledge glimmer between the cracks in the brick foundation. So the ethereal glow had to come from the boy himself.

Pegasus could feel his yami's impotent anger and decided to return to his rooms. Chikan was about to learn a lesson in manipulation.

**************************************************** *********************************************

Yugi had been tossed, still bound and gagged, into the cell with the unconscious Kaiba. The boy's hands were tied in front, so he made short work of his bonds. He made his way to Seto and rolled the older boy onto his back. He was still out cold. Yugi noticed that Seto's hair was darkening from brown to black. He needed to find something to stop the bleeding. He didn't want to use the dirty shirt strips that he had been bound with, so he made new bandages from his own lavender robes.

Yugi could feel Pegasus' watching on him, but he paid him no mind. His only concern right now was Seto. It was cold down here, and with no shirt or coat, Seto would get sick. Yugi curled himself into the older boy's body to generate as much warmth as possible.

Yugi turned his thoughts to Yami. Was he OK? Pegasus had taken his Millennium Puzzle as soon as they were airborne, and he hadn't seen it since. Had Yugi's telepathic cry for help been heard? A lone tear trickled from the corner of his eye. Yugi snuffled a bit, pulled Seto's hands tight around his body, and slept.

*********************************************************** **************************************

//Yugi!// His hikari's terror hit Yami like a bolt of lightning. He stopped so suddenly that the tomb robber plowed into him, sending them both through the waterfall and into the lagoon. Yami broke the surface of the water and searched for his hikari. There! It was Pegasus! The evil one was stealing his aibou!

While Yami was trying to tread water, Bakura was trying not to drown. //Note to self: learn how to SWIM!// He gathered just enough oxygen into his lungs to shout, "Don't just float there moron, get me out of here!"

Yami considered letting the irritating blond drown, but thought better of it. He would need help rescuing his friends; Bakura was the only help to be found. He did wait until Bakura sank under the water a second time before pulling him to safety. He left Bakura to cough and splutter on the sand while he recalled Curse of Dragon. He had tracked Yugi through their link once. He could do it again.

Bakura had not noticed when Yugi and Kaiba disappeared. He thought the impromptu swimming lesson was one of the Pharaoh's little tricks, but when he recovered his breath the look on Yami's face was anything but playful.

"Get up, Bakura. Pegasus has taken our friends. We must go after them, and quickly." Bakura shook the water from his long white hair. If Seto were nearby, it would surely have brought a dog joke or two. The yamis climbed onto Curse and were lifted into the clear sky.

"I will trace Yugi through the power of the Millennium Puzzle. You keep an eye out for any sign of Pegasus." Yami guided Curse of Dragon east, following Yugi's trail.

They had flown no more than ten minutes when Bakura noticed something strange. "Pharaoh, we are going the wrong way. I, too, am tracking our companions. My Millennium Ring tells me that Seto Kaiba in in the other direction."

"Pegasus must have separated them, probably in an effort to confuse and delay any rescue attempt," Yami answered. This was not good. He did not want to divide his forces, but he would not abandon Yugi for Kaiba. "Summon one of your beasts. You find Kaiba; I will rescue Yugi. We cannot keep Yugi in the Shadow Realm much longer. When I find him, I am taking him directly back to the mortal realm. If you and Kaiba are not there, I will return to assist you."

Bakura was curious to know why Yugi had to leave so quickly. Of course, with the mad Pegasus on the loose he could understand the Pharaoh's concern for his light. But something niggled at the back of Bakura's brain, a memory, a shadow of a thought that faded almost as soon as he acknowledged its presence.

"Very well. I'll see you in the real world." He summoned the Petite Dragon and hopped onto its back. Bakura couldn't resist adding, "Last one home is a rotting egg!"

Yami pointedly looked as his Curse of Dragon, then raised a haughty eyebrow at Bakura's cute little dragon. Bakura flushed and stated hotly, "It's not mine. It's Ryou's!"

"Good luck, tomb robber. I will see you soon." The yamis parted ways.

************************************************************ *************************************

Seto didn't want to wake up. If he did, then the fantasy of cradling Yugi in his arms, of burying his face in vanilla-scented hair, would disappear. He would wake up alone. Again. The pain in his head wouldn't allow him to remain in dreamland, so Seto opened his eyes. And thought he was still dreaming.

He was holding Yugi; his body was curled protectively around the smaller boy, and Yugi's hair did smell like vanilla.

Seto lifted his head and took in their surroundings. It wasn't much. They were laying on a skinny mattress in a cell with very little light. It seemed late, very late. He could hear the sounds of guards on the other side of the door. The metal covering the barred window in the middle of the door was opened from the outside. A pair of glowing red eyes peered in at the captives. For a moment, Seto thought it might be Yami. That hope was dashed at the malevolence in the eyes. Seto cuddled Yugi closer. His tightened grip woke the younger boy.

Before either could speak, the cell door was thrown open. An Armed Ninja and several Skull Servants burst in. Seto stood on unsteady legs, prepared to defend Yugi. He needn't have worried. It wasn't Yugi they were after.

Kaiba could still hear Yugi calling after him as they dragged him through the dim corridors. He was still weak, too weak to put up much of a fight. His captors were silent as they pushed and pulled him through the castle. He used some of his best insults, but they drew no response. Maybe they were too stupid to understand his put-downs.

They arrived at what was once a formal dining hall. Worn tapestries and faded murals adorned the walls. They depicted scenes of torture in all its grotesque forms. Thank God Yugi didn't have to see this. They would have given the little one nightmares for a month. Seto was not bothered. He had survived his share of torture in the orphanage.

He was strapped into one of the sturdy oak chairs at one end of the massive table. Pegasus was at the other end, sipping from a wineglass. The guards bowed to their master and left the two alone.

"Welcome to my new home, Kaiba-boy," said Pegasus in his strange cadence. "Actually, it's not exactly new, and it won't be home for much longer," Pegasus placed his glass on the table and glided to his captive. "Let me tell you what's going to happen next."

Pegasus stepped behind Kaiba and took the brunette's hair in a painful grip. "You will have a front row seat to a great becoming. The Shadow Realm is home to more than just duel monsters. It is home to the most powerful force in this or any dimension. And now it wants to relocate to your world."

"Sorry, but my realtor is on vacation. Try back next week."

Pegasus merely chuckled and released the boy's hair. "Always good for a laugh, eh Kaiba-boy?" Pegasus grasped Kaiba's chin and forced his head back at a painful angle. "You won't be laughing when I tell you what the 'Other' has in store for little Yugi."

*********************************************************** **************************************