Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Not The Guardian ❯ Power of Friendship ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8 - Power of friendship

Téa opened her eyes slowly and squinted against the bright light above her.

" Ow…"

There was movement from next to her, and a hand wrapped around hers.

" Téa, you're awake."

Moving her head to the side, she let her eyes refocus themselves and found herself staring into Yami's concerned face.

" With a massive headache."

He allowed himself a small smile.

" Sentinel knew you might feel drained after the duel. That was the first time you had ever done that, Téa."

" You know Sentinel?"

" I was the one who created the cards."

" Oh, yeah." She smiled, and touched his cheek with her hand. " At least it's over and done with now."

Yami pressed a light kiss to her lips, then got up.

" Feel up to having visitors?"

She looked confused. " Where am I?"

" In the hospital. Mr Moto woke up and realised we weren't there, so he called the police. Bakura was taken away to jail, and an ambulance that had turned up just in case, brought you here. You need to stay here for a couple of days, because you're still quite weak, but you should be able to come home with us at the end of the week. The others want to see you."

" Let them in," Téa said quietly, thinking over what had happened. She found it hard to believe, but sometimes you just had to accept things and move on.

Her face brightened when Joey, Tristan, Grandpa and Mai came in, Mai stating that everyone had told her what happened and that she didn't envy Téa one bit. Soon they were all laughing and joking about what had happened, and Téa realised how lucky she was to have friends like them.