Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Warmth in Winter ❯ Warmth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is the last part in 'Warmth in Winter'- thank you all for reading this little side-project of mine!

Chapter 3

Malik ran up the steps, knowing his emotions would overwhelm him and hoping he could hold them in until he reached the sanctuary of his room.

Now that he had properly identified his emotions, everything made sense. His reactions had spelled out his real feelings for him painfully clearly, and he had figured himself out too late to be any use.

Once in his room, he whirled around and slammed the door shut. He didn't notice the other person in the room with him until the person's arms encircled him from behind, pinning his arms loosely to his sides. Malik jumped in shock, eyes widening when he heard the person speak.

"Hello, hikari."

"Mariku!" he gasped, a mix of emotions rising at the realization of who held him. Anger was there, as well as sadness, joy, relief, and about ten other feelings he had no name for.
Mariku chuckled in his ear, then pressed a soft kiss to his hikari's temple. The smaller blonde could feel himself longing for another kiss, but quickly clamped down on those feelings.

Mariku didn't love him- he was probably only playing with him. Just like that, all of his hope deflated.

"Let me go." he said, shoulders slumping in defeat. "I've rejected you once- what makes you think you'll do any better this time?"

"Because, Malik, I think we both know better this time. Now we both know that you love me." Malik stiffened as his yami nibbled lightly on an ear.

'He heard that?' The hikari realized with a sinking heart why exactly Mariku had decided to try again.

'Since I love him, he thought it would be easy to seduce me.'

Malik shoved Mariku off of him. His dark didn't seem surprised, just amused.

"I'm not going to be an easy target just because of things like that." Malik growled, anger lighting up his beautiful eyes. He would not deny his love for the other, but he would make it clear he wouldn't be easy prey because of it either. "I want you to leave me alone. Get out of my room."

"You don't want me to leave." Mariku purred, closing the small distence between them again. Malik backed up.

In short order, his was backed up to the door, Mariku standing inside his comfort zone.

'Why does this always seem to happen?' he asked himself, tensing as his yami placed one hand on either side of his head and leaned in.

"I know you want me to stay, Malik." Mariku said silkily, bringing his body closer to his hikari's and pressing their hips together. He moved his left hand to Malik's cheek, cupping his face gently.

"If you don't move away right now I'll yell." Malik warned, wishing he was half as confident in his ability to push Mariku away as his voice made him sound. He wanted to lean into his yami's touch, but knowing that Mariku didn't love him made it seem so empty.

"You won't." Mariku said confidently, a slow smirk drawing across his face.

"I will!" the smaller Egyptian said, stammering slightly. Mariku ran the hand cupping Malik's cheek slowly down his hikari's neck. His hand continued down Malik's body, running over his firm chest and narrow abdomen. Malik tensed further when the hand came to rest on his butt.
"Then do it." Mariku dared. "Scream for me, hikari." He pulled Malik's body closer to his own, inhaling the scent of his light's hair.

Malik shivered at the innuendo his dark's words contained, as well as the physical closeness of his yami.

Mariku's free hand tangled in his hikari's hair, gently tugging Malik's head back. Mariku slowly leaned forward, obviously intending to capture his light's lips.

Malik's body relaxed slightly without him willing it to. He could see his yami's lips getting closer and closer... he could feel his dark's breath against his mouth, warm puffs of air.

In just another few seconds, they would be kissing again.

'Wait...'

Mariku's lips were a hair's breadth from his.

'Not like this. Not when all he desires is a bedmate.'

Malik's arms came up, forearms bracing against his yami's chest and pushing him away. Malik kept his arms there, holding his dark back.

"That's far enough, Mariku." he hissed, angry with himself for allowing Mariku to get so far, and angry with Mariku for the attempt. "Go. Just... go."

Mariku chuckled again.

"You're beautiful when you're angry." he said, the hand that had been tangled in Malik's hair now running through it and smoothing the soft strands. "So pretty, pretty, hikari."

Malik could feel his cheeks heating up at the compliment.

'Don't be stupid! Our bodies are so tightly pressed together we may as well be one person, and I'm blushing over being called pretty!?'

"The only thing you want me for is your bed." Malik said harshly. "I want you to let me go and go back to your room. I don't want to see you ever again." Malik's voice cracked on 'again', but he ignored it. Despite the impracticality of his request, as they lived in the same house, the thought of never seeing Mariku again hurt.

'I can't really love him so much!' he thought.

Mariku chuckled low in his throat, the hand on Malik's butt coming up and easily moving Malik's arms so they were no longer in his way, then moved his hand back to its position. The hikari offered little resistance, too emotionally exhausted to bother.

"You're wrong, my light." Mariku said, whispering directly into Malik's ear.

"I mean it. I don't want to..." Malik's voice trailed off into a long, drawn-out breath.

"About what you said I desired you for." Malik's violet eyes widened.

'He doesn't mean what I think he means- does he?' he thought. He lifted his head so that his eyes met those of his dark's.

"I won't say that having you in my bed isn't a part of that- that would be a lie." Mariku's arms moved, wrapping around Malik's shoulders in a tight embrace. "I want to hear you call my name... I want to hear you scream, pant, /moan/... but," Mariku whispered directly into his light's ear, warm breath tickling Malik's senses and making the words seem even more intimate,
"-that is not all I want, pretty."

Malik was nearly frozen in shock.

"What do you want from me then?" he asked slowly, not sure what to believe anymore.

"I want to hold you just like this..." Mariku replied. "I want to kiss you, be the first you turn to for warmth in winter, be the one who owns your heart..." Mariku's voice grew even quieter. "I want /everything/, Malik."

Malik's body stilled completely.

Mariku pulled back slightly, enough so that he could meet his hikari's eyes squarely. He moved
in, his goal those soft lips he had only managed to taste three times.

Malik offered no resistance as their lips met, arms wrapping around Mariku's waist to pull him closer. Slowly, he responded to the kiss, praying the sincerity he had heard in Mariku's voice had not been false.

Almost as soon as they broke apart for air, their lips were joined again- this time by Malik, who also initiated the use of tongue. He licked hesitantly at his yami's lips and was instantly granted access, Mariku then taking control of the kiss with his forceful and demanding tongue.

Malik moaned lightly into the kiss, quietly asking for more of them.

Slowly, the pair moved away from the door, Mariku gracefully stepping backwards and Malik following, barely registering the movement.

Malik only really noticed they had moved when they fell a short distance. He was puzzled for a moment, but then his yami rolled and he could feel a soft mattress beneath him.

'The bed...' he realized, his yami crushing their lips together again. The kisses seemed to grow hotter and hotter, the intensity rising.

Mariku's hands slid down Malik's chest, one sliding under the shirt and moving back up while the other rested low on the smaller Egyptians hip. He ground his hips down, allowing his hikari to feel the proof of how much he was enjoying this.

The action brought a gasp from Malik, as well as a realization of exactly where the night would ultimately end up.

The hand on his hip moved inwards, finding and beginning to undo the button of his pants.
Malik tensed slightly, a small hint of fear leaking into his blood.

Perhaps sensing this, Mariku's hands stopped and he pulled back slightly, looking questioningly at his light.

"It's... too soon. I- I can't. Not yet." Malik said, looking away as if ashamed. Mariku kissed his neck gently.

"Then I'll wait. You're still mine, my pretty hikari. We have time, koi." Mariku pushed himself off of the smaller Egyptian and stood, turning to leave the room. Malik sat up, one hand reaching out and grabbing a small part of his dark's shirt. Mariku turned back to Malik, curiosity in his eyes.

Malik mouth opened, but he wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to say.

"Why are you leaving?" he asked, wanting his dark to stay so they could cuddle at least a little.

"If you want to keep that innocence of yours I have to." Mariku replied, looking slowly up and down Malik's body. "You look too edible like that." Malik's hand slowly released his dark, allowing him to leave.

Mariku continued on his way, pausing slightly at the door when his hikari spoke once more.

"Thank you, Mariku."

*Some Time Later*

Malik tossed in his bed, unable to sleep. He had retrieved his blanket and pillow shortly after he and Mariku had... made up, while his dark had been in the bathroom.

It was cold- the heater still hadn't been fixed, but a repairman should be coming tomorrow.
And...

He was lonely. His big, comfortable bed seemed too big and cold for one person.

'"I want to be the first you turn to for warmth in winter."'

Mariku's voice echoed in his mind, begging him to stand and go to his dark.

'"If you want to keep that innocence of yours..."'

Mariku's voice had been dripping with barely concealed lust at the mention of Malik's 'innocence'- and Malik wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to tempt his yami and tease him like that. He had felt guilty enough the first time he had to refuse.

'"I'll wait."'

Malik stood slowly, carrying his pillow and blanket with him out of habit as he left his room. He walked down the hall, stopping in front of a certain door.

'"I want to be..."'

He didn't knock, just placing his hand on the doorknob as he wondered for the last time if this was the best idea, regardless of how much he wanted to.

'"... the first you turn to..."'

He shrugged off his doubts and turned the knob. He pushed the door open, taking a few small steps into the dark room.

'"... for warmth in winter."'

"Mariku?" he called quietly, eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness. "Are you awake?"

"Malik?" Mariku responded, no sleep fogging his voice. "Why are you here?"

"I"m cold." Malik replied. "Can I sleep here?"

'"I want /everything/, Malik."'

It took a moment for Mariku to respond.

"Of course, hikari." Malik relaxed at the smile he could hear in his dark's tone. He walked forward, closing the door behind him. He picked his way carefully across the room to the bed.
He climbed in, Mariku moving to accomodate him. He lay down, head hitting his pillow as he shifted the warm blankets around his body.

Mariku shifted closer, arms wrapping around him. One hand slid under his shirt, resting on top of his heart, while the other draped across his hips. Their legs tangled, while Malik's back was pressed against Mariku's chest.

"Mariku..." he said hesitantly, tensing slightly.

"Shh..." Mariku murmured in his ear. "I just want to feel you like this. That's all."

Malik relaxed when Mariku didn't move again, his eyes shutting as he yawned wide.

"Goodnight, koi." Mariku whispered, eyes shutting as well.

"Goodnight, Mariku." the smaller Egyptian responded sleepily.

Both were soon deeply asleep, soothed by the comforting feel of the other close by and the sound of their loves breath in the quiet night.

*Next Morning*

Isis knocked on the door to her younger brother's room.

"Malik! Breakfast!" she called, curious as to why Malik wasn't responding. Usually, he was a light sleeper and would awaken as soon as she knocked.

"Malik?" she called again, opening the door.

No one was there.

'That's strange- where could he be?' Isis knew that her younger brother wasn't awake- she had been downstairs cooking, and would have heard him if he had been moving about. Rishid hadn't seen him either- she had just woken her other brother up a minute ago.

'Unless...' She glanced over at the one door she hadn't been to yet- Mariku's. It seemed farfetched, given how broken up Malik had been about his yami just last night, but maybe...

She walked over to the door, knocking loudly- unlike her brother, Mariku was a very heavy sleeper. Not hearing a response, she opened the door.

"Mariku-" she began, but cut herself off at the sight that greeted her.

Mariku was curled protectively around Malik, one hand under his shirt and resting on the hikari's back, the other laying across Malik's hip. Malik's face was nuzzled in below Mariku's chin, his arms wrapped around his dark. From the outline the blankets made, Isis could tell that their legs were also tangled.

She smiled softly, seeing the slight smiles on both faces. Quietly, she backed out of the room and closed the door.

'I must remember to congratulate them later.' she thought, heading downstairs for breakfast.

"Where's Malik and Mariku?" Rishid asked her, seeing her enter the kitchen alone. She sat down, still smiling.

"They won't be down until lunch probably. We shouldn't wake them." she said simply, helping herself to some food. Rishid nodded, catching her meaning.

"I'm glad he has found happiness." Rishid said. He too helped himself to breakfast.

*Mariku's Room*

Malik woke slowly, his violet eyes blinking once or twice to clear the sleep from them.

He was so warm, and so comfortable- he almost closed his eyes and went back to sleep, but he stayed awake.

Mariku was lying next to him, still deeply asleep. Malik smiled softly, drinking in the sight of his dark so relaxed and happy.

The world seemed to have shrunk down to just the two of them, and time seemed to hold still. It seemed to be such a magical morning- Malik felt powerful enough to take on the world, so long as Mariku would keep holding him like this.

He leaned forward slightly- not wanting to dislodge Mariku's arms- and pressed a soft kiss to Mariku's lips.

A sleepy violet eye opened. Malik pulled back.

"Did I wake you?" he asked, tone apologetic.

"Mm." Mariku replied, not really and answer but sufficient enough. He kissed Malik.

"Good morning. Sleep well, my light?"

"Very. You?" Malik returned, smiling.

"Very well." They kissed again, interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Boys, if you want to eat lunch is ready." Isis called, and then her light footsteps could be heard walking away from the door.

"Did we really sleep that late?" Malik muttered, looking around for the clock.

"Noon already?" Mariku said, surprised. He pointed out his digital clock to Malik, both seeing that it was, indeed, noon.

They scrambled out of bed, Mariku going to his closet for clothes while Malik grabbed his blanket and pillow and went to his own room to get changed.

Once he was changed, Malik left his room to find Mariku in the hall waiting for him.

"Shall we?" he asked, smirking. He extended his hand.

Malik took it.

"We shall." They began descending the steps.

"I guess Isis already knows we're together." Malik commented, recalling how she had said 'boys' instead of 'Mariku' at Mariku's door.

"And if she does, so does Rishid." Mariku replied. "Does that bother you- them knowing?"
Malik thought for a moment.

"Not really- not as much as I thought it would. I have you- that makes it all worthwhile."
They kissed one last time before walking into the kitchen, holding hands.

A/N: Okay- hopefully that wasn't too OOC or sappy for you all! That's the end- this little three-parter has come to a close.
I just got the urge to write a bronzeshipping fic, so I wrote this whole thing in a few days. (Some characters were probably a bit OOC... :sweatdrop: sorry!)