Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ We'll Be There ❯ Part VI ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Yay, no school tomorrow because of election day…so I'm updating fics today!

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

We'll Be There

-

Part VI

-

"What do you want, Kaiba?" Ryou demanded.

"I want to know what the hell you were thinking, instigating a fight with the Pharaoh in school," Kaiba responded bitterly. "You know, you're lucky Mr. High and Mighty also happens to be righteous and just, or you would've have gotten yourself a one-way ticket stamped for the Shadow Realm."

"Yeah, lucky me," Ryou replied, his voice acidic. He squirmed against Jonouchi's grasp once again, but to no avail. "Let go of me, imbecile!"

"Release him," Kaiba ordered.

"Who are you to boss me around, Moneybags?" Jonouchi retorted.

"I'll just have to show everyone that nice picture I've got of you in a doggy suit…a gift from Otogi."

Jonouchi gulped and immediately let go of Ryou.

"Ryou, what's been up with you lately?" Yugi asked suddenly. "You've been acting all strange."

"I'm fine," he said through clenched team.

"That sound like what I tell Mokuba when he says that to me," Kaiba remarked. "I doubt you're fine, Ryou, at least in its traditional definition."

"Leave me alone, Kaiba," Ryou snarled. "I didn't ask for your help."

"Yet you still want it."

"How the hell would you know that?"

"Because I've been in your position before."

Ryou shook his head and strode away.

"You can't run away forever, Ryou!" Kaiba shouted.

"I'm not running away from anything!" Ryou shrieked.

Yami, who had sprinted after Ryou, spoke breathlessly as he caught up. "Ryou, if you ever want to talk, we're here for you. All of us."

-

~We'll be there…

…We'll be there…

…We'll be there…

We'll be there…

Hold out your hand

Promise to be true

We'll make us always a part of you…~

-

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

Ryou kept running.

He kept running until he reached his home.

He unlocked the door with his key, gasping for air.

"Bakura?" he shouted.

No answer.

Ryou hesitantly entered Bakura's room, only to find his yami curled up on the floor, right where he'd left him.

"Bakura, I'm home."

The white-haired boy looked up at Ryou with mournful, sunken eyes.

"Bakura, are you all right?"

Again, no response.

Why won't he speak to me?

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes: I know, again, a short chapter. But I updated fairly quickly, so I hope the speed makes up for the shortness…though it probably doesn't…

-

Reviewer Responses:

Yaoiness?: (Eragoddess-ofChaos) Yes, I know some people do get tired of the Ryou-trying-to-commit-suicide plot, so this is a different take. And no, this is NOT a yaoi. Ryou does, however, care for his other half, but not in a romantic way--it's more of a brotherly love. I'm sorry it came across that way, and I hope this chapter clears things up…

Of Ryou's Personality (and beating the crap out of the Pharaoh): (Dark Magician Girl / Hikaru, Yami No Marik, Elle-Fate2x1-2, Sierra's Darkness, Morna Sidonie) It seems like a lot of people are liking Ryou's violent side…which is great. If anybody has learned about Freudian psychology, they know about the whole eros (love/pleasure) vs. thanatos (violence) thing, and how supposedly everybody has eros and thanatos. It's really an interesting read, and I like to incorporate Freudian psychology in my writing.

Kaiba's comment: (Yami No Marik) You gotta love Kaiba and his wise-guy comments!!

Kaiba calling Yami "Pharaoh": (Sirithiliel) Kaiba is somewhat accepting of his past at this point, though he still acts like he's in denial sometimes, too. I've noticed that about the Anime series. Sometimes he'll believe, and sometimes he'll be like, "That's not possible! That's rubbish! Don't waste my time with your Egyptian fairy tales!"