Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ We'll Be There ❯ Part VII ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: OMR!!! I had soooo many spelling/grammatical errors last chapter (I found at least two, but there might be more!)!!!  TT-TT  I'm such an idiot!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!

 

And also, I apologize for taking so long to update. I've been really busy trying to finish this stupid term paper for one of my college classes (I'm in High School), which I am currently putting off at the moment just to update this fic!!

 

Well, at least I'm still keeping my promised to try to update at least once per month!!

 

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

 

We'll Be There

 

-

 

Part VII

 

-

 

         &nb sp;  "'Kura, please, talk to me!" Ryou begged. "I know there's something wrong, so why won't you talk to me, your hikari? I'm here for you."

 

         &nb sp;  Bakura shivered in response.

 

         &nb sp;  Ryou leaned down and hugged his yami. Bakura tensed slightly in the embrace. Ryou could hear Bakura's quiet breathing in his ear.

 

         &nb sp;  After about a minute of silence, Ryou found himself grasping Bakura's shoulders gently, coaxing the spirit to make eye contact.

 

         &nb sp;  "I just don't want to remember," Bakura stated, his voice solemn. He held his head abate, and his eyes were downcast.

 

         &nb sp;  "Don't want to remember what, Bakura?"

 

         &nb sp;  "I don't want to remember my past."

 

         &nb sp;  Why not?

 

         &nb sp;  Ryou knew better than to ask the question that was burning on his lips.

 

         &nb sp;  "I just need to be alone for a while, Ryou."

 

         &nb sp;  "But Bakura," Ryou protested, "you've been sitting by yourself all day."

 

         &nb sp;  "I just…need to think over some things."

 

         &nb sp;  Ryou sighed defeatedly as Bakura walked away. The white-haired spirit of darkness seemed to drag melancholy with him wherever he went.

 

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -

 

Ryou's Point of View

 

-

 

         &nb sp;  Bakura's been in the bathroom for hours. I really should go check on him…

 

         &nb sp;  I hesitantly walked up to the bathroom door, giving it a quiet knock. "Bakura? Are you in there?" I asked, my voice tentative.

 

         &nb sp;  Just like earlier, I received no response.

 

         &nb sp;  What is up with him? He never answers me anymore…

 

         &nb sp;  "Bakura?" I repeated, my voice louder this time. "Bakura, I know you're in there."

 

         &nb sp;  I rapped on the door once more. Even if he'd fallen asleep in there, he would have heard me by now."

 

         &nb sp;  /Bakura?/ I tried speaking through our mind-link.

 

         &nb sp;  But for some reason, I couldn't feel his presence. Not at all.

 

         &nb sp;  "BAKURA!!" I shouted frantically, my fists pounding on the door. "Answer me!"

 

         &nb sp;  There was something wrong. Very wrong.

 

         &nb sp;  Finally, I kicked down the door, adrenaline pumping through my veins.

 

         &nb sp;  I was greeted with a truly horrific sight.

 

         &nb sp;  There was blood splattered everywhere, pooled on the floor, and soaked in the rugs.

 

         &nb sp;  My blood had stopped cold. I couldn't feel my heart beating any longer. I don't think I was breathing, either; I felt light-headed and dizzy, on the verge of passing out.

 

         &nb sp;  The only thing that kept me going was the adrenaline that was now coursing through my body.

 

         &nb sp;  I sprinted to find the nearest phone, and dialed the ambulance hastily. The first-aid personnel arrived in minutes, but it seemed like it had taken them an hour.

 

         &nb sp;  Bakura was carefully strapped to a stretcher and placed inside the ambulance. I rode inside with him, clutching his hand the entire time.

 

         &nb sp;  Once we reached the hospital, Bakura was rushed to the emergency room, and I was forced to wait outside while they stitched him up.

 

         &nb sp;  I couldn't understand it. Why would Bakura try to kill himself?

 

         &nb sp;  If only I had talked to him…or checked up on him sooner. He wouldn't be in this mess…

 

         &nb sp;  I held my face in my hands, letting the tears run down my cheeks.

 

         &nb sp;  I just don't understand any of this…

 

--------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Notes: Wow…I can't believe I've finished Part VII! Though it was really short… This was definitely one of my harder fics, and I never would have thought I'd make it this far. I'm so grateful for the support and input of all my reviewers!!

 

About the cliffhanger (PLEASE READ): This is still NOT going to become a suicide fic. I know people are sick of the Ryou-trying-to-commit-suicide plot, so I imagine people don't want to hear about Bakura trying to commit suicide. For now, I'll tell you that what seems like Bakura's suicide attempt is in actuality ACCIDENTAL, and I'll explain that in more detail next chapter.

 

Point of view shift: Yeah, this time it was intentional, lol. I thought it would be much more effective to describe the situation from Ryou's point of view, rather than from the third person limited.

 

-

 

REVIEWER RESPONSES:

 

Kaiba blackmailing Jou: (Dark Magician Girl / Hikaru) Yah, I figured that was something Kaiba would do. I think I had too much fun writing that part.

 

Sierra's Darkness, Nina wyndia, Elle-Fate2x1-2, Crimson-Eyed-Angel99, Dark Magician Girl / Hikaru, Sirithiliel, Chika of the high Mts, Siris Ankh, chattabox, Yami Kari, and Paniwi: Thank you all for your ongoing support, comments, and encouragement!