Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ What a Desprite Heart Does ❯ II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

All had left the hospital. Grandpa was surprised when Kaiba refused to let anyone, but himself, pay for the medical charges and Kaiba would be checking in once in a while to see if Yugi got better with his help. Everyone felt a wave of relief, everyone except Yami, who had stayed quite silent almost the entire time. Grandpa took him home with him and asked him to try to relax and that all would soon be well and back to normal soon, but he just couldn't get the picture of Yugi out of his mind when he walked into the room in that hospital. All those machines, Yugi's very living now relied on those machines. What if they failed or something happened to them, Yugi might die, and that was just too much for Yami to take. All these thoughts went through his mind over and over again, hunting him.

Yami walked to the door of the house, which led outside, Grandpa, saw him.

"Yami, where are you going?"

Yami bowed his head, "I need some time to think, I shall go for a walk, and try to clear my mind. I shan't be gone long"

Grandpa nodded his head, "he will be all right, as will you Yami, in time, things will be just as before and both of you will heal from this and move on." Grandpa then went back into the kitchen and continued his cleaning.

Yami felt the mans words and they conferted him, he felt reassured.

Yami walked down the street lost in thought of the good old days when Yugi was always telling to loosen up and not to be so boring. The days when Yugi would attack Yami with the frying pan if he ever tried to force Yugi to do something he really didn't want to do. All these memories caused Yami to accidentally walk right into a woman carrying books, who apparently was not watching where she was going either.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry, I must not have been watching what I was doing, I'm so sorry," the woman apologized and started picking up her books. Yami bent down to help her and noticed that the books where ancient Egyptian books, of his time too. He stacked half the books in her pile and got one pile for himself and lifted it, she looked up with surprise.

"Oh, you don't have to do that, I can carry them."

She stood up and he simply replied stubbornly, "lead the way."

"Thank You," She smiled and continued the way she was going, followed by Yami. (Oh, since when do pharaohs help little girls who drop their books on him, eh?)