Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ When That Day Comes ❯ It All Starts To Come Together ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Don't and never will own YuGiOh. There still might be some OOCness. Sorry for all of the inconvenience with all of the editing. I can't believe I left out the bishie tied for second in my eyes, Otogi! He won't be talking much at all. So far I've only added his name. This chappie he'll speak. But thanks to those of you who will review after reading this chapter, even if it's a flame. Remember, an authoress wants feed back from her fans, though they might be few. As tradition goes, flashback and then story.

When That Day Comes

Chapter 4: It All Starts to Come Together

*last chapter*

My room began to form again and I was on the floor, just below the window.

*this chapter*

Is… is this what's been happening when I wake up on the floor? And if it is, why don't I remember going there? That person… Why would someone want me dead? Did I do something I shouldn't of?

As my dizziness settled and I was able to sit up, I noticed that it had been around 3 and a half hours since the end of dinner. How could so much time pass in what seemed like so little? And the scars and bruises are still not explained…

As if on cue, a searing pain formed on the back of my lower right leg. I winced from the pain and pulled up my pant leg. Blood began to pour from what felt like a new cut.

Quickly applying pressure and covering it with a cloth, I waited on my bed until it slowed. Limping over to the bathroom, I used a wash cloth to clean the wound. When I did, I saw something I would have never expected.

Carved into the back of my leg was an Ankh. In Egypt, that was the symbol of life after death… Is this supposed to symbolize that I really will be killed?! Was that person the one who did this? Was that even possible?

I looked down at it again, only to see that it was covered again. I tried to get up to get the cloth, but with one leg disabled I found it extremely difficult. I only managed to hop back to my room and close the door before I became dizzy again. I lay down on the floor and let the darkness take over me.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I suddenly sat up as a weird feeling came to me. It wasn't a good feeling… That almost felt like a danger signal from… Rikoh! I jumped up and ran down to the front door. She could be in trouble!

*~*~*~*~*~*

As I was listening to my music, an odd feeling came over me. It almost felt as if someone was crying out to me. But did that just sound like…? Rikoh! Oh Ra, what if something bad happens to her?!

I shut off my music and ran down towards to front door. As I opened it, Ryou came up behind me in a hurry.

"You felt that too?" He asked me.

I nodded and began down the block to Rikoh's house with Ryou close behind. We were both out of breath by the time we knocked on her door. Rikoh's brother, Usagi, appeared shortly.

"You guys want to see Rikoh?" he asked after both Ryou and I didn't say anything.

I nodded, considering neither could talk yet.

"She's up I her room." Usagi said as he left to resume what he was doing before.

Still panting, Ryou and I walked quickly up and knocked on Rikoh's door, just incase. When no answer came, we opened it slightly and peaked inside. What we saw made us run in as quickly as possible.

"Rikoh!" Ryou shouted as we arrived at her side.

He motioned for me to close the door. I did as I was told and returned to Rikoh.

"How could she be bleeding so much?!" The shock in my voice was apparent.

"I don't know… But we need to stop it quickly!" Ryou responded as he ran to the bathroom to look for any cloth.

He returned and began to wrap her leg. I helped him tie it and carried Rikoh over to her bed.

"Should we tell…?" Ryou started.

"Duh! This is important!"

"Who should…?"

"You. Her mom knows you better."

"But then what will you do?"

"I'll carry her down behind you. I am stronger, you know."

Ryou nodded and began to walk ahead. I walked over and slowly picked up Rikoh. Did she do this? Or was it something else?

"WHAT?!" I could hear her mother shout before I managed to get to the bottom of the staircase.

"We just found her like that when we went up." Ryou's voice was trying to calm her down.

I turned the corner and Rikoh's mother brought her hand over her mouth. Usagi ran in and said that he just called the hospital.

"Ok, bring her outside to the front," Rikoh's mother ordered me as we all walked outside.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Hospitals get me nervous. I'm always fidgeting or walking around in the waiting room. They had taken Rikoh in 20 minutes ago. We called Kirei, Yugi and Atemu, Otogi, Jonouchi, Honda, Anzu, and Seto to inform them. Everyone arrived about 10 minutes ago. Since then we've been waiting. Sitting and waiting.

Almost no one's spoken since their arrival. If only those stupid tests didn't take so long! Please be ok Rikoh. Please be ok…

"Relatives and friends of Rikoh Okami, please come forward," a doctor that had just come out of one of the many doors announced.

The whole group moved over to where we were called and waited to hear the news.

"The tests showed that her body is accepting the transfusions and she'll be out by tomorrow afternoon."

We all sighed out of relief. Rikoh is going to make it out! I hope I'll be able to concentrate tomorrow in school…

"Hey Ryou, you want to come with us to Yugi's place?" Otogi asked.

"Sure, are we going straight?" I replied.

"Yeah, it's not that far away." Atemu smiled.

"Alright. Bakura, you want to come too?" I turned to face my yami.

"I guess…" he mumbled.

After saying goodbye to Rikoh's mother and Usagi, we all walked out of the hospital and headed towards the Game Shop just a few blocks away. Seto had left in his limo… of course. He's not one to be social.

*~*~*~*~*~*

It's so dark… I'm so tired… Why can't I open my eyes? Why does my leg hurt? Is anyone with me?

I tried to move any muscle but ended up unsuccessful. Why does my body feel so heavy? Is there something holding me down? Why don't I remember?

Distant beeping sounds reached my ears and filled my head. What was that? And where am I? Whose voice is that?

Sounds became clearer but I still couldn't move. Am I… in a hospital?! How did I get here?

"Her brain's not responding to any commands yet." I heard someone say.

Who is that? Why can't I feel yet? Did something happen?

Am I… alone again? Surrounded by darkness with no one to help me see the light… Not one soul willing to stay and make sure I'm ok… Just like in America… Kirei was my only escape from the painful reality we call life. But she still hasn't gotten me to smile…

Let me just be consumed by this never-ending darkness. Let it take me away from this prison. Let it help me be free from the pain of seeing others hurt. Let me finally be disconnected and not able to cause any more devastation. No one deserves torture but me.

I can feel the coldness growing. I can feel the numbness taking over again. I can feel the distant voices getting even farther away. I can feel my heart shatter just like broken pieces of glass… sharp and uneven… I can't feel love anymore…

"Her body stopped taking the transfusions!" A male voice shouted from what seemed like miles away.

I am finally going to be where I belong. In the dark… all alone… consumed and controlled… No light to lift me away again…

*~*~*~*~*~*

The telephone rang. What could interrupt such a wonderful party? Yugi walked off to answer it. Within a few minutes, he was back in the doorway.

"Guys, you'll never believe it! Rikoh's body stopped accepting the transfusions!" He shouted and we all ran to get our shoes.

We got outside and ran right into Saki.

"Oh, hey guys! What's the rush?"

"No time! Come quickly!" Kirei said and grabbed hold of her arm.

"Where are we going?" Saki was confused.

"Hospital. Rikoh," Otogi was able to say, as we were all out of breath.

Saki gasped and we entered the medical center. Rikoh's mother was no where to be found and neither was Usagi.

"So Ryou, which way do you think we go?" Bakura asked me as if I worked here.

"You think I know?!" I shouted back.

"I remember going through this door last time! Let's go!" Atemu said as he began to walk quickly down the hallways.

We all looked for her room, hoping to see Mrs. Okami or Usagi. Finally, we spotted a room towards the end of the hallway that they were standing outside of.

"Did it start accepting again yet?" I said as we approached the two.

Rikoh's mother was just crying while looking in the window to the room. Usagi looked at us and shook his head. My hopes dropped like a rock. What could have caused this?

A doctor walked out and signaled for Rikoh's mother to come over to the side. We all watched intently as the two became deep in conversation. When she returned, a small smile grew on her face.

"She… she's going to be ok," Rikoh's mother said while drying her eyes.

A huge sigh of relief was heard from everyone. Thank Ra! Rikoh always keeps us on the edge of our seats, doesn't she? If you were to go, Rikoh, I… I don't know what I'd do. Just never do, ok?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Is… is someone there? Did I just hear a voice? But I'm already so far away… It almost sounded like Ryou… Could he possibly be worried about me? No, no one cared. I don't matter to anyone…

It's almost as if there's someone pulling me along. I feel my arm being tugged but no one's there. Who could it be?

/If you were to go, Rikoh, I… I don't know what I'd do. Just never do, ok?/ Someone's voice resounded off the empty walls of my mind.

Ryou? You… you care… about me… But why? I'm just useless… I just get in the way…

//Ryou, for you I won't go.//

/Rikoh?!/

//Yeah, it's me. I heard your voice so I answered.//

/What did I say?!/

//Just that you didn't want me to go and you don't know what you'd do without me.//

/Oh, thank Ra!/

//What?//

/N-nothing! But please come back to us. We are all so worried about you./

//All…?//

/Yeah, all of us! Your mother, Usagi, Bakura, Yugi, Atemu, Yugi, Kirei, Saki, Jonouchi, Honda, Otogi, and Anzu. Seto was here before but he left when we heard the first time you'd be ok./

//You were all here?//

/Why wouldn't we be?/

//No reason… Could you and Bakura come in the room? I want to see you two when I wake up…//

/M-me?/

//Yes, you and Bakura. I'm going to wake up soon, I know it.//

/Ok, I'll see you really soon then! And try to make it out for me!/

//I will.//

*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryou looked dazed… What was he doing?!

"Um… Ryou? You in there?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh! Sorry, I was just talking to Rikoh," he answered calmly.

"Rikoh?! You were talking to her?" I responded surprised.

My words caught everyone's attention and Ryou blushed from being the center.

"Y-yes, mentally though. I don't know how but we were. Oh, she asked for you and me to try to go into her room. She wants to see us first when she wakes up," Ryou's blush grew greater.

A small blush spread across my own cheeks. She wants to see me?

"Um, ok," I replied.

We talked to Rikoh's mother first and she let us go in alone. The doctors were reluctant at first but decided it was for the best.

"Rikoh, we're here. If you want to wake up now, you can," Ryou said softly to the unconscious Rikoh.

/Hey guys. Thanks so much./

//Hi, is this a mental conversation with both of us?// I asked.

/Yeah. I was wondering, could we have a bit of time alone? Just the three of us?/

///Sure, but the doctors are still here./// Ryou's voice chimed in.

/Could you ask them to leave?/

//That might be hard if they are still operating some of the machines…//

///But we'll still try!/// Ryou was too optimistic sometimes…

/Thanks./

Ryou walked over to the group of doctors and asked if it was possible for them to leave for a few minutes. They gave us a total of 15 minutes.

"Rikoh, we have time. Not much, but time." I said.

A smile found its way to Rikoh's face. How is that possible if she's still unconscious?! Her eyes opened half way and moved to focus on us.

"H… hey… R… Ryou… and… Bakura…" Rikoh weakly managed to say.

"Should we talk mentally? It might be better not to put so much of a strain on the energy you have left." Ryou said.

"N-no… I need to… tell you this… aloud…"

"What is it?"

"If… if it's possible… look at… the back of… my right leg."

Ryou and I nodded, then lifted the sheets slightly. Both of us were shocked by what we saw.

"But how did that get there?! Don't tell me-" I was interrupted by Rikoh's soft whispers.

"No… I didn't. But something… happened before then…that was… really freaky…"

"What was it?" I was growing more and more concerned by the minute.

"Somehow… I was transported… to the Shadow Realm… and this stranger… he said… he said…" Tears were forming in her half-shut eyes.

"Don't cry," cooed Ryou's soothing voice.

Rikoh's head titled ever so slightly in his direction and the smile came again.

"Thanks… But he said… that he wanted… to see me… dead…"

"But why?!" I shouted, extremely outraged.

"I don't know… but when I came back… to my room… the Ankh… was there and bleeding… so much…"

"It's going to be better now. The bleeding has ceased. But I'm sure there is some connection between those two events." Ryou stated.

"I'm scared… I haven't been thinking… thoughts I want to think… lately… I've been trying… to push them away… but they just… come back anyways…"

"You mean… thoughts about…?" I asked.

Rikoh's head moved in a slight up and down motion. Ryou gasped and went paler than normal, though I doubt that's possible.

"It's ok. Just remember you have friends here to support you. We'll never leave you behind or abandon you. Don't ever give up on us `cause we'll never give up on you," I said in a voice that almost sounded not of my own. It was a… kind voice… not like my normal, harsh one. But was that me speaking? I never knew I knew how to be so…

"That's right Bakura. And Rikoh, if anything ever happens, you know you can always come to us. We'll be waiting, ready to listen to your every word." Ryou smiled at me.

"Thanks guys… I'm getting tired again… I promise… that I won't let go… for you two… but I just need… to get… a little rest… And could you… not tell anyone?"

" We won't And our time is almost up anyway. We'll be waiting for when you wake up again," Ryou said as we walked towards the door.

As soon as we got outside, everyone started asking us questions.

"What'd she say?" "How come she wanted to see you two?" and "Is she ok?" was all that could be heard.

"Um… could you all give us breathing space? And could you go back to kindergarten to learn how to take turns?" I said.

Everyone took a few steps back and began to interrogate us at a slower pace.

"So what'd Rikoh say?" Otogi went first.

"Well… uh… she kinda wanted it to be a secret…" Ryou stuttered out.

"Then do you know why she wanted just you two?" Kirei asked.

"No, it's still a mystery. But we can ask her the next time she's awake," I said.

"She's not?" Saki questioned.

"No, she was tired. She needs her rest to heal anyways," Ryou replied.

"So she's really going to be ok?" Yugi said cheerfully.

"Yes, she will. Now we must give her body time to heal." Ryou answered again.

I walked over to Rikoh's mother and Usagi, who had been sitting on the side benched.

"You talked to her?" her mother asked.

"Yeah, she'll be fine. I'm sure she'll ask for you the next time she's awake," I said reassuringly.

"So we have to wait to see her?" Usagi questioned.

"Yeah, sorry. I'm sure if she wasn't so tired she'd have called you two in," I patted him on the shoulder.

Usagi looked up at me and gave me a smile and a look that said "thanks big brother." I couldn't help but go soft. He's only 10 anyways. I'm glad he looks up to me like a big brother. Believe it or not, I am.

"Bakura, are you going to stay here with Ryou?" Yugi called over.

"Huh?" I asked dumbfounded and rejoined the group.

"I'm going to stay overnight here. I'll miss school but it's for a good cause."

"Oh, I guess I'll stay with you. Just incase she wakes up and asks for us again." I covered up my wanting to stay.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow after school!" Kirei's departing words were.

"You didn't have to stay," Rikoh's mother said walking over to us.

"It's ok, we wanted to," Ryou replied with a smile.

*~*~*~*~*~*

They care… they care a lot… but why does my mind keep on telling me they don't? Why does it repeatedly say they're acting? I know it's not true, but at the same time, I don't.

There was an oddly familiar coldness that suddenly swept over me as I tried to open my eyes again. It was to no avail. Was I in…?

"Yes, pathetic little girl, you are. Welcome back to the Shadow Realm!" An oddly familiar voice rung out.

*************************************************************** ***********************

Sorry, I would have posted it sooner but I had the idea for Miss You's chapters in my head and had to get them down. So don't mind the revisions with Otogi. I only have Kirei, my number one reviewer to thank in this chappie.

Kirei

Thankies soooo much! I hope I don't get writers block either `cause I want to get to this one part!! But you'll get some kind of award that I'll bug Sakiyama to use her photoshop to make for being my number one reviewer! YAY! Go you! ^_^ And you better update yours soon!

Now review, all you people currently reading this! Or I shall be cursed with writers block!