Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ When That Day Comes ❯ It's Never Too Late ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: OMR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry! Baka school, baka homework, baka writers block! >< Ok, I'm going to skip the battle scene and just come in on the very end. I'm not that good at putting in action. Oh, and Kirei is Romani. You will need to know that for not too much into the chapter. NOTE: This is going to be the last chapter. I'm going to be making a sequel though, so readers, keep your eyes peeled for a new story by me.

Here's the late but not missing 8th/last chapter.

When That Day Comes

Chapter 8: It's Never Too Late

*last chapter*

"No, she said she was going to the arcade with Saki after school," he answered highly confused.

*this chapter*

"Oh, well, thanks anyway."

I had just realized it then that Saki was not present at my house when I had left. I walked away calmly and once Usagi had gone inside, I broke out into a run. Maybe somebody else knew why they were going to the arcade…

I threw open the door quickly and some people who hadn't found hiding places looked at me oddly. The few that had found spots looked out at me in confusion.

"Where's…?" Kirei had begun.

"Arcade… with Saki… We gotta go!" I shouted, a little out of breath.

Everyone followed as I headed towards the local arcade. Atemu, Kirei, and I were ahead of everyone else since we were running. Once inside, we all split up and looked around.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Where are you, Rikoh? Where could you be? I could sense that your presence was not here…

"You don't feel her, do you Kirei?" Atemu asked from behind me.

"No… I don't feel her at all. It's almost as if she's…" I stopped myself as I realized what I was about to say.

Atemu's eyes went wide as he realized what was implied. Both of us knew what had happened: the past. He had told me a long time ago what our pasts had held and that these events were to repeat themselves as well as the others. I never expected that it would be now…

Suddenly the room went black and then reappeared, this time it wasn't the arcade. It was a completely isolated part of the park that hadn't been used in years. I looked around to see that everyone else was there with me. In the distance, something caught my eye.

"Saki!" Atemu shouted and ran in the direction of what I had seen.

We all followed to see that he was indeed correct. Lying on the ground was Saki. Her eyes were closed and on her forehead was the 3rd eye.

Bakura's eyes narrowed as he noticed the extra detail. A new, dark presence appeared behind us and I turned to see who it was.

"How nice to see you all. Romani, Pharaoh, Akeifa… It's been a while," the person said.

"Kenale! This is of your doing, isn't it?" Atemu growled at him.

"What have you done to Nakoma?" Bakura said angrily and stepped forwards.

Everyone but Ryou, Atemu, and me looked at Bakura in confusion. Bakura shook his head as to say `I'll tell you later.'

"Just look to your right. You'll see what becomes of a hero when they let their guard down," Kenale said with satisfaction.

We all turned and to our surprise, Rikoh was right there. Only a few feet away and I couldn't sense her… Is she really…?

*~*~*~*~*~*

No… Rikoh… How dare he! How dare he do that to her! It was not her choice to bear such a responsibility!

"You have Dorei under your mind control… You've taken the life from Nakoma… This can't go on! Kenale, I challenge you to a duel!" I shouted.

"A duel? You think this is about cards? It's nothing of the sort!" He answered back.

"Nice offer, Pharaoh," Bakura jeered at me.

I merely glared at him before narrowing the distance between Kenale and I by a small margin.

"Not one with present day cards. I challenge you to a summoning duel. Just like the old times before you stabbed me in the back."

"I'll accept your challenge as long as I can make a few of my own rules."

"Go ahead."

"This time if your monster is destroyed, you lose a part of your soul. Also, if you lose, you give your life to me and your Sennen Puzzle."

"And if I win, you will be sent into the darkness of the Shadow Realm to reside there for eternity."

"Deal. Now get ready to die!"

*~*~*~*~*~*

A large, black and purple bubble appeared around Atemu and Kenale. It narrowed until it disappeared, taking the two with it.

"They're in the Shadow Realm, no doubt." I said, informing those who were lost.

Ryou walked over to Rikoh and kneeled down beside her, taking her in his arms. I could hear his sobs from here. Pain hit me right in my heart as I saw the two of them.

"What happened here?" Saki's voice came from behind us all.

We all turned to see that she was standing and the 3rd eye had disappeared from her forehead. She looked beyond us all at Ryou and Rikoh and her face became filled with concern.

"What happened to Rikoh? Why is Ryou crying?" she asked.

"She's… Well, she's… dead." Kirei spoke out after a while of silence.

Saki gasped and looked around at the sadness in everyone's faces. She looked down at the ground and fell to her knees, crying quietly into her hands. Kaiba (yes, the conceited CEO [sorry Saki]) walked over to her and kneeled beside her, putting his arms around her.

We all stared in shock at the site before us. Kaiba glared at us and we went back to grieving over Rikoh. As if my body moved on its own, I put an arm around Kirei comfortingly. She had been crying silently but looked at me when she felt my arm. I felt myself blushed, something I have never done before, and returned her gaze. She then rested her head on my chest and continued to cry.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I took away my hands from my face and looked to see that Seto had been the one who embraced me. I blushed and looked into his eyes, which were full of sadness rather than apathy like normal. He stood up and lifted me up with him and began walking, holding on to one of my arms.

I followed at his pull and he stopped after we were quiet a distance from the others. He hugged me again, this time I returned it. After a few moments, I felt guilty and pulled away. Seto was about to say something, but I did before he could.

"It the reason. The only reason we were ever introduced was Rikoh and now the reason we are showing our feelings to each other is Rikoh… And she's dead…" I said, looking down.

"I know, I realized that. But would Rikoh want you holding back just because of her? Maybe it would be best to resume after a period of time."

I nodded, wiping more tears from my eyes. Oh how I wish there wasn't this feeling holding me back. I love you Seto, but I just can't right now. The desire to does not die down…

He took my hand and lead me back to the group.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Now with my Shadow magic, my Slifer the Sky Dragon can defeat your Obelisk the Tormentor! That means that I win!" I shouted as Kenale's stone tablet was demolished.

"No… No, it's impossible! How could you turn my own Shadow Game against me?!"

"I have my own Shadow magic. Now it's time for you to pay the penalty of your defeat!"

He screamed as his body disappeared into the Shadows. I took a few moments to regain the strength that I had lost in the match. Soon the barrier between the real world and the Shadow Realm disappeared and I was back with the others.

"Atemu! You won, didn't you?" my hikari smiled as he saw me.

"Yes, aibou, Kenale has been trapped within the realm of eternal darkness. There is only one thing left for me to do…"

Yugi looked at me in confusion as I walked over to where Ryou and Rikoh were. Ryou was still crying, holding her dearly. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me.

"She is not lost. Go over to the group and I will be able to revive her."

A very large smile made its way to his face. He wiped his eyes and walked away, still beaming. I couldn't help but smile myself.

I took out Slifer's card held it high above my head. It soon began to glow and the sky above us darkened quickly. Lightning began to flash and the thunder started rumbling. Soon enough, Slifer descended out of the sky. The 3rd eye appeared on my forehead and I looked the massive dragon before me in the eye. I gave him instructions in a tongue that I could not translate. In my mind I know what I said, but it did not come out that way. The God obeyed and a read aura formed around him. The aura made its way over to Rikoh, engulfing her body. After a few minutes, the auras faded and Slifer disappeared along with the storm clouds. I kneeled down and put two fingers on Rikoh's forehead, sealing the spell.

Color returned to her ghostly white skin and her chest was moving ever so slightly, signaling that she was breathing. I smiled in satisfaction and turned to the rest of the gang. All of them had been staring in awe. That is, all except for the Tomb Robber. He's used to similar spells from his past life.

Ryou was almost immediately by my side, followed by everyone else. Ryo put his hand on Rikoh's and her eyes slowly began to open. Everyone was cheering. Saki jumped on Seto and he smiled (O.o What have I done to him?), hugging her back. The Tomb Robber was hugging Kirei. Wow, I never knew he could show an emotion such as love.

When Rikoh's eyes were fully open, Ryou pulled her up into a hug.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I can't believe it! I can't believe it! Oh my Ra! I can't believe it!!!!!!!! Rikoh, you're safe. You're here. You're with me. I let out tears of joy before pulling back to look her in the face.

"Don't you ever leave us again," I said, wiping my eyes.

"I won't; I promise you."

She smiled at me and we shared our first kiss, right there in front of everyone.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Happy Birthday to Rikoh, Happy Birthday to you!" everyone sang.

I smiled and blew out all 16 candles. Everyone clapped and Ryou took away the cake to cut it. All the faces I saw shone with happiness. I had already opened my presents, but none could compare to the one I had received earlier. There's nothing that I wanted more than a kiss from my one true love, Ryou.

**************************************************************** **********************

END

Sorry it was short! Well, that's all for this story! I'll be working on the sequel and the first chappie will be up hopefully before Halloween. ^^;; So what'd you think? Was it overall good or bad? Anyways, thanks to my only 2 reviewers!

Kirei

Here's the update! ^^ I hope you're happy with it, even though it's short!

Sakiyama

I'll make you and Seto married in the sequel, promise! I just couldn't make you two married in this one `cause you're both only 16! ^^;;;; Ah well, hope you liked it!

Please, reviews would be greatly appreciated.