Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Who am I? ❯ Who am I? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Who am I?
Summary: Joey is thinking of his life and starts to have doubts that he doesn't want Yugi and the gang to find out. Several of these thoughts are suicidal and he is at the point of his life that he does not really know if he wants to continue living. Pairing: main JoeyxMai slightly YYxY. Author Note-This an AU so Yami does not go to the afterlife and I don't own Yugioh
I am just a shadow of the famous Yugi Moto? Or the big brother to Serenity? I really don't know anymore as I stand on the cliff looking at the ocean as these thoughts go back and forth in my mind. Just don't want Yugi and the gang asking me questions about my health right now cuz for the last couple of days I been so out of it and not myself. Heck even Atem... I mean Yami, sheesh noticed that I not my usual self. Still figuring out where I should go from here and what to do in my life. Sure loved the Looks on the gangs' faces when I told them that I am going to graduate with high honors and possible choice of being valedictorian (AN-SP? right) well I did have the teachers give me fake grades so I could keep up the act of me not being that smart. A slight chuckle came out as mind turn to my best bud, Yugi and Yami. 'It's about in my book for them to be together ever since we all heard about him. Heck for the last couple weeks made several bets with Malik, Ryou and their Yamis, Marik and Bakura, for how long it would have take for Yugi and Yami to become a couple.'
I still remember the day after Yugi dueled Yami for him to go to the after life when he decided to stay in our time instead same went to Marik and Bakura. It's funny how Bakura and Marik are now good friends well I still have to thank Ryou and Isis by forcing to hang around the two numbskulls.
-Flashback-
The ceremonial battle was over; Yuge won the duel so Yami could return to the after life. I saw the door of the afterlife opened for him to come home to his friends and family in Ancient Egypt. He turned to his family and shook his head as I watched him mouthed to them that he felt he was still needed in the present time. Yugi looked at him surprised and confused look on his face. Yami just smiled at everyone and look each of us at a time to see if we were going to say something for him to leave. I noticed Tea was about to hug him when both Tristan and Duke held her back with a blush on their cheeks. I had to smirk right there along with Kaiba, look toward each other thinking of the same thing both of us thinking 'Why am I am not surprised."
Yami looked at Yugi a few seconds longer than everyone else. I didn't mind at all because it was obvious that the two cared deeply about each other. Can't help but be envious of them though because the one I am in love with is gone from my life and I haven't seen her since out duel in San Francisco. It seems that she doesn't really want to be found. When I fell in love with Mai Valentine, I have no idea. I tried to contact her with letters but I get them back with "return to the sender." all over it. Might as well ask the Pharaoh why he decides to stay cuz I already have my suspiousions but I would like to hear him say it. Better ask Yugi to tell Yami that I want to talk to him alone after dinner.
Later that night
I was looking at the stars, wondering if Mai is looking at the stars where ever she is. Hoping that she is safe from harm and in good health maybe a lover that is there for her. I could feel the pain in my heart at the thought of Mai being another man's girl when she is mine. I could feel the chill of the breeze of the night air on my face. I better not stay out to long or I'll get cold. I didn't hear the footsteps behind me until the familiar voice of Yami asked. "Yugi said that you needed to talk to me about something, Joey?"
"Yeah I want to know why you stayed instead of leaving, Uh, Pharaoh" I replied.
"Just call what the gang did before, Yami," Yami answered. I had to smile at that, when he continued "I stayed because I feel that I am still needed in hits time."
"Really Yami is that the only reason and not Yugi?"I asked
"The true reason is for Yugi's sake and I love him deeply. I wouldn't dare hurt him; he's too precious to me." Yami half whisper and shouted.
“I know Yami but I needed to hear you say it and won't be playing with his heart." I looked at Yami in the eyes as I said the following words,
"Just don't break his heart or you'll have to deal with me." I saw him smiling as I said this and realize he would never to anything to harm Yugi and love him for all eternity.
-Flashback ends-
I still feel my heart racing at the thought of jumping off the cliff to see how deep the water is. It looks really appealing right now since what's the point of living any more. My mother just left me with a drunk of a father while taking Serenity. Mai left after Battle City was over and the nightmares that she got because of Marik. Then at the end of the Dartz situation and taking my soul. Doesn't she realize not only did she took my soul but also my heart? My life is pointless with out her and I would do anything to keep her happy even if it means to give her up. The possibility of me without being in her life makes her happy I'll do it to.
"Who would ever miss me if I am dead? I could easily get a knife and end this torcher now instead of its agony eating me alive. Or I could just jump off this cliff so I could end my life right off the back and I won't be a burden to Yugi and the gang." I said as I took a couple of steps towards the end of the cliff staring into the deep abyss of the dark colored of the ocean at the bottom of the cliff.
"Don't even think of taking the last bit of steps, Joseph Wheeler!" A scream came from behind me as a pair of arms wrapped around my waist to keep me a way from the fall of my death.
I looked over my shoulder to see no other then Mai Valentine, shaking like a leaf from the tears that came down; nuzzling her nose into my shoulder. I couldn't believe that my Mai was here as I sputtered out, "Mai how in the world did you manage to find me? Just let go of me so I can die in peace...”
"No! Don't you dare do this to me?! I found the letter that Yugi gave me to find out it was a note of you leaving Domino and might not come back. Only to find you at cliff ready to jump and end your life! Don't you dare die on me now when I just realize that...? I just might love you and I want us to be together." Mai sobbed so I turned around to wrap my arms around her in a hug. Putting my chin on the top of her head I could feel her slowly calming done as I register that she said she loved me.
I answered back the only way I could. "Love you too, Mai."
I felt her stiffen in my arms for a few minutes then relax as she sighed in content. We stayed like that for a while. I smiled at her as she blushed at my gaze. Her eyes searching my own to see the truth of me loving her, she must have found her answer because she grabbed me and kissed me.
I asked her the only thing that was on my mind after our first kiss. "Mai, will you be my girl?" I got my answer when she gave the stubborn look when I say something that was oblivious. "Wheeler, I been your girl since you save me from Ra. I always have been and I would have missed you if you died." Then she grabbed my shirt so I bent over a little bit so we could see eye-to-eye as she growled "Don't you ever give me a scare like that again, you idiot." I smiled at her before I kissed her to show will not do that again.
Author note-Don't own Yugioh. Just the plot. Please review. Until then JA ne