Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon a Star ❯ School ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Ok, class, I trust everyone is done reading Animal Farm?" Mrs. Domino, Ryou's language teacher, asked the class. Ryou sighed, knowing what was going to come next. "Well, if you haven't, you're in big trouble because we're going to do a project on the book!" Mrs. Domino exclaimed happily as the class groaned. "Now, for this project you'll need partners and-" she was cut off by the class calling to their friends, claiming them as their partners.

"C'mon, Yug! Whaddya say?" Joey called.

"Sure, Joey!"

So on, so forth.

Mrs. Domino cleared her throat and held up a hand to silence them. "No, you're not going to pick you partners. I'm going to pick them. So, we have… Tristan and Duke… Joey and Tea… Yugi and Elizabeth, Betty and Joe… Ryou and Seto…"

Ryou shot a glance at Kaiba, noticing that Kaiba was looking at him. Ryou smiled timidly, only to receive an icy glare from the CEO. Ryou gulped and turned around to face the teacher, who was almost done with her list of partners.

"- and Brittany and Lawrence. Ok, I believe that's everyone. Now, you and your partner are going to choose a character from the book and write a report on who this character symbolizes. For extra credit, you can make a model of the character. Any questions? No? Good. Go get with your partner and start to plan. And most importantly, have fun!" and with that last statement, Mrs. Domino started cackling evilly.

Hesitantly, Ryou walked over to Kaiba's desk. "So…" he started. "Do you have any ideas?"

"This project is so stupid and pointless."

"Yes…" 'But that didn't exactly answer my question.' "But do you have any ideas? I have a one…"

"Ok, then let's hear it."

"Well, we could do a report on Boxer, right?" Kaiba nodded. "And we could right about how he represents the working class citizens. It's simple enough."

"Yeah… And the extra credit?"

"Umm… Arts and crafts really aren't my specialty."

"I see. Well, the model will require a lot of Styrofoam, yarn, paint, and sticks."

"Can we use googely eyes!?" Ryou asked, excited.

"...Sure…"

"Yay!"

"Don't ever do that again."

"Sorry, Kaiba."

Kaiba rolled his eyes. "Where do you want to meet to work on the project?"

"Um… We could work on it at my house."

"Does Bakura still live with you?"

"Yes."

"We're going to my house."

"Oh. Ok."

"Meet me by the flag pole after school, and then we'll go to my house."

"Ok."

!

After school, Ryou raced down to the flag pole to meet the CEO. He had told Bakura at lunch that he was going over to Kaiba's house.

"Don't forget to steal something cool as a souvenir!"

Typical Bakura. Always thinking about stealing. 'Hmm… Now where's Kaiba?'

"Ready to go?"

Ryou nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the icy tone of the CEO behind him. Ryou quickly recovered and turned around, flashing Kaiba a bright smile. "Yes."

"Good. Let's go." With that, Kaiba led Ryou to his limo.

'I thought his limo broke down…?'

"Good thing they fixed my limo. I don't know if I could take another ride on that horrid contraption known as a bus."

'Sheesh… Kaiba CAN read minds…' Thought Ryou,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akio- *nods wisely* Yes, yes he can. I know this chapter is shorter than the other one, but it just seemed like a good stopping point. ^^ Well, please review!